PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Because I failed a Will save and couldn't resist the Thriller [Item]

Debihuman
2014-08-28, 08:47 AM
I recommend you look at my Thriller (Dancing Zombie) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7584502&postcount=12) first.

Dancing Zombie Jacket
Aura faint illusion; CL 16
Slot Torso; Price 26,880 gp; Weight 2 lbs.

DESCRIPTION
This short red jacket with black diagonal stripes and quarter length sleeves fits like a second skin. The subtle scent of dirt and decay wafts from it.

Upon donning this jacket, the wearer temporarily becomes a Dancing Zombie with the following exceptions:

His alignment does not change
He gains Skill Focus (Perform [dance]) as a bonus feat (in addition to the Toughness feat normally gained from the normal zombie template but he loses all other feats) and retains his normal Perform (dance) skills (but loses all other skills).
Without making a charge, he may make slam attacks as a standard action if he succeeds on a Perform (dance) check DC 10.
The wearer can release a thrall or wrest control of a thrall from from another dancing zombie as a standard action.
The wearer gains an Inherent +4 bonus to duel another Thriller in a dance-off.

In addition, he gains the Thriller Dance Supernatural Ability, which causes any zombies within a 30-foot radius to dance along to his rhythm and become dancing zombies. These dancing zombie followers are unable to attack while dancing. They follow the wearer of a dancing zombie jacket to the best of their ability. A zombie that leaves the 30-foot radius continues to dance in place for 1d4 rounds before it can move or attack. The wearer of this jacket can direct a Thriller Mob as long as it is within 30 feet of wearer of this jacket.

Removing the jacket is a full-round action for the wearer and causes the character to revert to his original form in the following round. Wearing the jacket for more than 16 hours continuously causes the wearer to take 1 point of damage each round until the jacket is removed. A character killed in this manner simply reverts to his natural form and may be raised normally.

CONSTRUCTION
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, irresistible dance, creator must be a Bard with at least 5 ranks in Perform (dance); Cost 13,440 gp

Shame on me, I know.
Debby

atemu1234
2014-08-28, 09:32 AM
I like this, personally, though the static save will make it easy to resist for about anyone with good will saves, and only moderately difficult for one without.