PDA

View Full Version : [General] Battle Lust

jlousivy
2007-03-08, 03:06 AM
Battle Lust[General]
Prerequisites: Toughness, Endurance, BAB 4+
Benefit: You relish combat and even more so those in which put you in mortal danger. Each time you are struck in combat you gain a +1 moral bonus to attack rolls, damage, and will saves vs fear, and compulsion. This bonus lasts for 10 rounds and stacks with itself to a maximum bonus of +5. Each time you are hit the duration is restored back to 10 rounds.

Go Down Fighting[General]
Prerequisites: Battle Lust, Diehard
Benefit: Should you be reduced to 1/10 your total hp or less, you immediately gain a +7 moral bonus to attack rolls and damage. In addition you are immune to all types of fear and compulsion spells. These bonuses do not stack with those from Battle Lust

What do you guys think?

nivek1234
2007-03-08, 02:26 PM
How about "Battle Fervor" as the title for the second?

Spiryt
2007-03-08, 02:35 PM
Those feats look very cool especialy for two weapon fighters and barbarians.
It's also have style. No magic, no shapechanging, just battle lust.

But I have feeling that it isn't balanced...

Come one, what do ya think?

And i think That Fight for your life! is great for the second feat

Matthew
2007-03-08, 09:01 PM
It's not balanced, it's overpowered. You need to limit these by Base Attack Bonus, so that you get up to +5 at Level 20, up to +4 at Level 16, up to +3 at Level 12, up to +2 at Level 8 and up to +1 at Level 4.

Similarly, the Bonus derived from being knocked down to 1/10 Hit Points needs to be tied to BAB and why +7? Seems like you just plucked the number out of thin air...

crazedloon
2007-03-08, 09:21 PM
Well it reminds me of Masochism from book of vile darkness. However it is a little overpowered.

Masochism was a spell (and a few items provided it) that had a duration of 1 round/ caster level and allowed a +1 luck bonus to saves,attack,skill checks for every 10 damage taken. And this bonus only applyed in the next round.

So I suggest baseing power level of the feat off of that spell

Spiryt
2007-03-09, 11:18 AM
What do you think about this:

Each time you are struck in combat you gain a +1 moral bonus to attack rolls, damage, and will saves vs fear, and compulsion. This bonus lasts for 10 rounds and stacks with itself to a maximum bonus of +5. To achieve higher bonus you must suffer blow harder than previous one.
ex. Hobgoblin shlash krusk with his glaive for 14 dam. Krusk gain +1 battle lust. To have high. bonus he must be hit minimum for 15.
I think it's quite nerfing. Nobody wants to be hit Even HARDER than moment before...

jlousivy
2007-03-09, 11:53 AM
the +7 i did pluck it out of the air, because 10 seemed far too high, and 5 didn't seem like OMG IM GUNNA DIE

so for battle lust how about:
Battle Lust[General]
Prerequisites: Toughness, Endurance, BAB 4+
Benefit: You relish combat and even more so those in which put you in mortal danger. Each time you are struck in combat you gain a +1 moral bonus to attack rolls, damage, and will saves vs fear, and compulsion. This bonus lasts for 10 rounds and stacks with itself to a maximum bonus of your total class levels / 4

^^^ no cap that way it may progress through epic?

Holocron Coder
2007-03-09, 01:00 PM
That might work. As for the second feat name: "Go Down Fighting"?

Spiryt
2007-03-09, 01:36 PM
bonus lasts for 10 rounds and stacks with itself to a maximum bonus of your total class levels / 4

It's fine but I think that it should be BaB/ 4.

Icewalker
2007-03-10, 04:03 AM
I love em. Nice flavor addition. making it BaB / 4 would work, yeah, it makes a little more sense. I like em, definitely fun moves.

Peregrine
2007-03-10, 11:00 AM
I don't like the duration of Battle Lust. In many if not most cases, 10 rounds is as good as 'until the encounter ends'. Especially for a bonus that keeps renewing. (Also, I think it should be for each round in which you're damaged, not just every time you take a hit.)

Given that it keeps renewing, and that it's aimed at front-line types, I would rewrite it thusly.

Battle Lust [General]
Prerequisites: Endurance, Toughness, base attack bonus +4
Benefit: For each round of combat in which you sustain damage, you gain a +1 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls and Will saves against fear.

For each consecutive round of combat in which you sustain damage, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +1 per 4 points of base attack bonus. If you are not damaged in a round of combat, any accumulated bonus decreases by +1, until it reaches 0.

jlousivy
2007-03-10, 11:57 AM
See, i like that version of battle lust, however it doesn't really make sense that you would be less inspired to attack 6 seconds later...
Maybe i should reduce the duration to 5 rounds?

Spiryt
2007-03-10, 12:08 PM
Maybe like that:

Battle Lust [General]
Prerequisites: Endurance, Toughness, base attack bonus +4
Benefit: If you have been hit in minimum two rounds in a row in combat, you gain a +1 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls and Will saves against fear. This bonus last for 5 rounds/ +your Con modif. If you are struck again, bonuses stack up to BaB/4. Duration is'nt restored.

Peregrine
2007-03-10, 12:20 PM
See, i like that version of battle lust, however it doesn't really make sense that you would be less inspired to attack 6 seconds later...

It would be possible to extend the duration to more than one round (either it lasts a few rounds before decreasing, then goes down by +1 per round, or it just goes down +1 per few rounds). But I don't think it's necessary, because it makes sense to me. +1 is a little worked up; you got hit, you're annoyed enough that it gives you an edge long enough to hit back. +2 is a little more worked up, and the resulting urge to smash some heads lasts longer. At +5, you're fair steaming now and it'll take a while to work it off or walk it off.

30 seconds is a long time in a fight or otherwise under pressure. Count slowly to 30 for me, and tell me if that's long enough that you could have calmed down from a fairly angry state.