PDA

View Full Version : Ninja cleric gish build

keeper2161
2014-08-28, 03:27 PM
I was thinking about divine classes and how their attribute is wisdom. Then I remembered the ninja (one of my friends favorite classes)who at level 1 gains the ability to add their wisdom to their AC. I don't know that much about cleric gish builds and it might not be worth the one level dip but it seems that it would be of benefit. Since most gishs don't wear armor it would be nice. The ability requires the character have a light load. That's a down side. What do you guys think?

Rebel7284
2014-08-28, 03:33 PM
Typically, wearing a Monk's Belt is better if you want to go this route.

keeper2161
2014-08-28, 03:35 PM
I don't like relaying on items. Items can be taken away.

Rebel7284
2014-08-28, 03:37 PM
Losing casting progression sucks even more usually.

Vaz
2014-08-28, 03:38 PM
A Monk can do better as it seques well into the Sacred Fist. A Ninja doesn't have too many abilities which scale outside of class levels.

A monk has quite a lot going for it, including a limited invisibility which Clerics dont get outside of a domain etc.

Divine Gishes do not worry so much about armour due to not having arcane spell failure stupidly.

Psyren
2014-08-28, 03:39 PM
It's no less effective than a cleric/monk would be.

Go with Cloistered Cleric if you do this, for the skillpoints - then go human for Able Learner so you can continue investing in the various Ninja skills.

keeper2161
2014-08-28, 03:43 PM
That was my thought too.

Piggy Knowles
2014-08-28, 10:19 PM
If you want to play a skillful cleric who can find traps without using the find traps spell and who isn't a kobold, then ninja 1/cloistered cleric 19 with Able Learner is a fine way to go, and possibly better than rogue 1/cloistered cleric 19.

I'm not sure what you mean by a gish in this instance, though. If you mean a warrior that can cast spells, well, yeah, you'll be good at that - but purely on the strength of your cleric levels, as clerics already are pretty good at being spellcasting warriors. A single level dip into ninja isn't going to actually make you any better at fighting than just going straight cleric would be.

Psyren
2014-08-29, 05:22 AM
Shadowbane Stalker and the Giant's Divine Trickster PrC will both let you advance your divine casting and sneak attack sudden strike.