PDA

View Full Version : Character build: Champion of Nurgle

The_listener
2014-08-28, 05:36 PM
With His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs14/i/2007/033/3/1/Typhus_Herald_of_Nurgle_by_MetalPoison.jpg

Hello playgrounders, I have been posed a bit of a challenge as of late and find myself needing some help. If the quote, image and title didn't give it away I am looking to build a champion of the Chaos God of Plague's, Nurgle.
"Nurgle is one of the four major Ruinous Powers. He is the the oldest of the four, most probably because he is the God of Death and Decay and those two have been part of the galaxy since the beginning. His titles include the Plague Father, Fly Lord, Great Corruptor, Plague Lord, Master of Pestilence, Lord of Decay (the translation of his Dark Tongue name, Nurgh-leth) and represents morbidity, disease and physical corruption." - Quoted from Lexicanum.

It is my wish to build a champion of Nurgle, a warrior of immense physical resilience and horrific diseases. My initial idea was for a combat focused Cancer Mage, however they aren't overly resilient. I ran through a number of other idea but could come up with very little, so I throw myself to your mercy!

I have 10 levels to play with an must begin as a human, I have access to the following stat line to be assigned in anyway.

11, 15, 12, 15, 18, 16

Thoughts?

Synar
2014-08-28, 06:54 PM
What about a dread necromancer with a little refluf here and there?
Also the mothercyst feat/spell line would be quite a must.

Cabooky
2014-09-23, 07:16 PM
I would say dip into paladin of tyranny or slaughter (refluff to champion of nurgle of course), maybe two levels for save bonus. From there Id decide if you want a more spell-like approach for more of a gish with poison and disease (plus for extra fluff, in your spare time you could take skills in craft alchemy to create poisons and if your DM allows it new desease like our loving father Nurgle) or if you want straight beatface melee. Either way you should take a 1 level dip in cancer mage to be a carrier for every disease. For a gish I would choose cleric since its still combat savvy plus you can choose the all the putrid domains that Nurgle would have. For beat face I'd recoment maybe thrall of jubilex and refluff.

Giddonihah
2014-09-24, 02:52 AM
Look up the Iron Chef Cancer Mage entries, some of them did diseased warrior quite well and could give inspiration.