PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Demonic Elves

Anderlith
2014-08-28, 09:13 PM
So a major plot point in an upcoming Pathfinder game that I will be running will be about an evil empire of demonic/fiendish elves. I was wondering if there is a book with something similar or if I should just re-fluff tieflings or use the race builder to build a race.

Anlashok
2014-08-28, 09:18 PM
Races of Faerun has the Fey'ri, which are essentially elven half-demons and/or the elven equivalent of the tiefling.

Anderlith
2014-08-28, 09:50 PM
How well do they convert to Pathfinder?

Spore
2014-08-28, 10:16 PM
How well do they convert to Pathfinder?

Quite good by the looks of it. The attributes already have the +2/+2/-2 array of pathfinder. You should tune down some powers to avoid a CR adjustment, namely these:

Demonic Abilities: Every fey’ri has four special abilities drawn from the following list:

- charm 1/day - clairaudience/ clairvoyance (Sp) 1/day - damage reduction 10/cold iron* - darkness (Sp) 1/day - detect thoughts (Sp) 1/day - dimension door* (Sp) 1/day - enervation* (Sp) 1/day - fire resistance 10 - suggestion (Sp) 1/day - +2 racial bonus on saves against electricity - +2 racial bonus on saves against poison. Fey’ri spell-like abilities use the fey’ri’s character level for their effect. The DC is Charisma based. A fey’ri can only have one ability from the list that is marked with an asterisk (*), and any fey’ri with one of these three abilities has a higher level adjustment than a fey’ri without one.

Personally I would limit those abilities to two chosen ones and remove the ones with asterisks.

Anderlith
2014-08-28, 10:35 PM
So I just did a quick hash out of a race using the race builder.

+2 Dex +2 Cha -2 Con

Native Outsider-3
Medium-0
Darkvision 60ft-Free
Elven Immunities-2
Fiendish Resistance-3
Fiendish Sorcery-1
Flight-6 (30ft Poor)

For a grand total of 15 Which is on par with Assimar & other Advanced Races