PDA

View Full Version : Savage Species, Rituals for templates?

Seppo87
2014-08-29, 04:49 AM
I asked this in the Q&A thread some days ago but the question was probably too difficult as it hasn't been answered since then.

Can the rituals be used to acquire inborn templates?
For example, the half-minotaur

Savage Species mentions a "target creature" but it's not clear about templates. Can you choose "human half-minotaur" as the target creature?

Thank you in advance

Deadline
2014-08-29, 09:44 AM
I asked this in the Q&A thread some days ago but the question was probably too difficult as it hasn't been answered since then.

Can the rituals be used to acquire inborn templates?
For example, the half-minotaur

Savage Species mentions a "target creature" but it's not clear about templates. Can you choose "human half-minotaur" as the target creature?

Thank you in advance

Looking through Savage Species, there are two types of Rituals, Minor, and Major.

Minor Rituals all have one thing in common, they let you gain or change a subtype. So you wouldn't be using a minor ritual to do what you want.

So you must be talking about major rituals. I don't see why you couldn't choose to turn into a human half-minotaur. The ritual costs and time are based on ECL of the target creature, and there does not appear to be any reason that a human half-ogre shouldn't be considered a creature in this context.