PDA

View Full Version : New Character Help

KnotKnormal
2014-08-29, 10:59 AM
Ok. So I've had a terrible week as far as brain function goes and I'm having a lot of trouble getting inspired to play the character creation mini-game. Our DM is doing a simple Dungeon crawl starting at lvl 1. So far the party build is a Cleric, 2 Barbarian Uber Chargers, and a Dragon Shamen. As far as I know all books are aloud except Tome of Battle, and Complete Psionics.

Basically I'm asking for you guys to build my character, Level by Level for me. But I do Have criteria.
1. Mid- High Op
2. Must Be Flavorful. If Inspired by a character please include who it is.
3. Must be in before 9 PM Eastern time. sorry for the time constraint, nothing like waiting until the last minute.
4. I'm open for any type of character, but I have an affinity for martial characters, especially this low level.

Thank you guys for your help. Please don't hate on this post about doing my own work, My week has been hell.

bjoern
2014-08-29, 11:05 AM
Sounds like you've got melee covered pretty well.

I'd make a human conjurer with abrupt jaunt and trade scribe scroll for improved Initiative. Ban enchantment and evocation. Use color spray to kill baddies and abrupt jaunt to get out of harms way. For feats grabsome pprerequisite stuff for whatever prestige class you want to be. Myself I'd say iron will for incantatrix at level 6 but you said mid op so.....up to you.

Trasilor
2014-08-29, 12:37 PM
Ok. So I've had a terrible week as far as brain function goes and I'm having a lot of trouble getting inspired to play the character creation mini-game. Our DM is doing a simple Dungeon crawl starting at lvl 1. So far the party build is a Cleric, 2 Barbarian Uber Chargers, and a Dragon Shamen. As far as I know all books are aloud except Tome of Battle, and Complete Psionics.

Basically I'm asking for you guys to build my character, Level by Level for me. But I do Have criteria.
1. Mid- High Op
2. Must Be Flavorful. If Inspired by a character please include who it is.
3. Must be in before 9 PM Eastern time. sorry for the time constraint, nothing like waiting until the last minute.
4. I'm open for any type of character, but I have an affinity for martial characters, especially this low level.

Thank you guys for your help. Please don't hate on this post about doing my own work, My week has been hell.

With that much melee, why not a Dragonfire Inspiration Bard?

Whith out knowing your level it is difficult, but a basic DFI build I found:
Silverbrow Human Bard 8/ Virtuoso 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Virtuoso 8
1. Versatile Spellcaster, Dragonfire Inspiration
3. Draconic Heritage: Battle
6. Words of Creation
9. *
12. *
15. *
18. *

Find out if flaws are allowed

*Melodic Casting, Lingering Song, Snowflake Wardance, Lyric Song, Knowledge Devotion, Doomspeak, Captivating Melody. Browse through the Bard's Handbook and see what you like.

Swap Countersong for Spellbreaker Song.
Swap Fascinate for Hymn of Healing
Swap Suggestion for Song of the Heart (ECS)
Spells: Inspirational Boost, Creaking Cacophony, Whirling Blade
Items: Crystal Echoblade, Badge of Valor

atemu1234
2014-08-29, 12:52 PM
I like gnome illusionists personally.