PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Home Brew Magus Optimization

Dragvandil
2014-08-29, 12:00 PM
Mmmk. So let me set the stage.

My friend, the GM McAwesome, sets up a game and I figure that I'll play my favorite class the Magus. At first the other 4 players seem like they are going to pick up the standard types of roles.

Instead we get 2 Rogues, a Sorcerer, and a Heal's Paladin. Concerned with our lack of other roles I initially offer to play a Ranger so I can do some Tankiness, and some nature.... but I'd be leaving us wide open for Magic. But the GM says "Ya know what, I like your Magus already because you've got a great backstory for him and I think that we need the Int Arcane cover more then we need the Nature. So build him tanky like."

Annnnd I did. I went STR, and grabbed Dodge and Toughness. 17 AC, and 13HP. Pretty happy with the build. I went through some FB threads asking for assistance and what I get is "The Duskblade is a better tank. You just dont have the BATB to get away with Tanking that way." So Im talking to my GM about it and we get into "What if we were t give you a full BATB? It'd be pricey, but we can swing it."

I ended up trading Blackblade strike, and the Alertness bonus feat. In return I get a full BATB whenever I weild mny blackblade.

Soooo with that in mind. Are there any tricks I should be considering besides power attack? (Which I plan to roughly abuse the **** out of.)