PDA

View Full Version : Resisting turn attempts and positive energy?

maniacalmojo
2014-08-29, 09:16 PM
Say someone wants to make a lich that is unaffected by cleric/paladins, how would you suggest i go about that?

Zanos
2014-08-29, 09:21 PM
Be an Archlich. Monsters of Faerun. They are immune to the turning of good clerics, and are good/neutral Liches.
Other than that, grab a Cloak of Turn Resistance(+4, 11k, Libris Mortis) or cast/wand Armor of Darkness(4th level darkness domain spell, spell compendium, +4 and some AC).

Phelix-Mu
2014-08-29, 11:01 PM
I believe there is an AoE debuff that affects clerics attempting to turn, called divine interdiction, IIRC. Probably Spell Compendium, but I am quite rusty lately.

Also, along the lines of archliches, there are baelnorns and deathless. I believe baelnorns (elven lichdom method that is less-than-evil) are also from Monsters of Faerun, and deathless is a creature type introduced in Book of Exalted Deeds and expanded in some of the Eberron Materials. Deathless are basically undead fueled by positive energy, which makes little-to-no sense, but is quite flavorful in the right context.

Know(Nothing)
2014-08-29, 11:11 PM
LibMort has the Positive Energy Resistance feat. Savage Species has the Improved Turn Resistance feat.