PDA

View Full Version : Surviving

Dracothius
2014-08-30, 04:53 AM
If you had to make a character whose primary concern was staying alive through any encounter( or trap or whatever) you came across, what would you make? I understand it's a team game and you can't adventure by yourself; this is merely a " I want to stay alive" question. It seems like monk, barbarian or paladin might be the best option for always having your I'm gonna live thing going. Seeing as anyone can fill a role in 5, what class or multiclass( no 1/1/1/4/5/8 builds please) would be the best?

Giant2005
2014-08-30, 05:07 AM
How many classes are okay? 2?

hymer
2014-08-30, 05:17 AM
It depends a lot on level, too. At higher levels, I'd go for a spellcaster for plenty of buttons for getting away. At lower levels, a rogue's cunning action (to get to run faster) and good dex (to get good initiative and stay on top of the encounter) is worth a lot.

cooperflood
2014-08-30, 10:46 AM
At low levels nothing survives better than a Circle of the Moon Druid. At level 2 you have an extra 74 hit points per short rest over your normal Hit Points.

TomPliss
2014-08-30, 10:53 AM
And it depends a lot on the situation :
The Heavy Armor Master Feat let you ignore 3 damage to each non-magical attack, so it's very good for surviving agaisnt numerous goblins, but the Barbarian's rage let him halve any damage taken, so he's better at surviving against 1 big attack...
Of course, you can take both :D