PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Introducing a Factotum

Amphetryon
2014-08-30, 11:21 AM
What changes, if any, would you make to the factotum class before allowing it, or running it yourself, in an otherwise strictly Pathfinder game?

PsyBomb
2014-08-30, 11:32 AM
The Factotum actually needs effectively no modification to play in a Pathfinder game. The nature of its abilities (and the fact that its skill list is "All") means that translation just means referring to a different book. The class itself is solid, and will be able to keep up with most parties.

Eldaran
2014-08-30, 12:35 PM
Actually, given that turn undead works differently in Pathfinder, you'd have to change that. Given that Factotums can already heal with their turn undead, I'd say just change it to giving them channel energy instead.

TheIronGolem
2014-08-30, 12:54 PM
What changes, if any, would you make to the factotum class before allowing it, or running it yourself, in an otherwise strictly Pathfinder game?

1. Take the Investigator (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator).
2. Scratch out the word "Investigator"
3. Write the word "Factotum"
4. It's Miller Time.

bekeleven
2014-08-30, 04:50 PM
Factotum now gets +3 to all skills for way cheaper, among other things.

HereBeMonsters
2014-08-31, 02:28 AM
As said a few things can be changed.

1: Change Opportunistic piety into Channel (Positive or Negative) Energy. At level 20 that is 6+Wis mod a day. Now I would probably do something about how many dice you are rolling through. Perhaps just lift from the Cleric so you channel energy as a Cleric -2/3 levels of your Factotum Minimum 1d6 to represent that you are not on par with the Cleric

2: Change Skill list, talk about converting over the Iaijutsu Focus skill as it really is the Factotums main damage dealer.

3: Import over Font of Inspiration it is basically the classes life blood.

I have seen people sometimes suggest giving Factotum 8+Int for skills. For a class that is heavily focused on Int for abilities this seems a Tad much for me. But Your GM would have to decide if 8+4 as a starting skill points are worth it. Now granted the loss of a x4 is harsh but the +3 to all class skills you have a rank in makes the Factotum a GENIUS