PDA

View Full Version : Third age of the dust, coming of the Pharohs Chapter 1

dantiesilva
2014-08-30, 01:49 PM
Long ago it is said that the Sea of Dust was a beautiful place, a paradise the gods had made protected by the great mountains to keep their faithful protected. However the stories say that one day man grew compliant with what they had and took the gifts they had received for granted, the peace they lived in was in their eyes there own doing. The gods did not stop the fighting, they had. Soon the hears of men grew greedy and began to seek the riches that their ancestors had left in ancient tomb's thinking these gods were either dead or not watching and so when the thieves went and tried to steal, the gods smit them from Oreath, creating the first pieces of sand to ever touch the lands. And though the thieves were dead, there hunger remained until the sand that was left of their bodies covered the entire known world to the mountains, creating a wasteland that almost none survived the first few years. Civilization crumbled, crops no longer grew, and wild marauder's ran rampant. People fought with one another for the few resources that were left, and entire royal families were destroyed. Such was the pain the people faced for the crimes they had allowed to be committed against them.

However over time one of the greater gods, it is said felt pity on those people who the others had turned their backs on. And like a nurturing mother allowed divine magic once more into the land, and choosing one to once more put all things back in order. It is said that she choose our first Pharaoh Osiris to rule by her side and bring back the people to a kinder world, and over there reign of fifty years, they had done much. Gathering all the ancient knowledge and building a grand library to store it all in and protect. They rebuilt the great temples, though no longer were they to any gods, but to the Pharaoh himself who was said to be the chosen one of the gods to lead them. However men are such fragile creatures and soon the kind king Osiris passed on from the world of the living and his son took his place as the new Pharaoh while his mother, the goddess Isis returned once more to her godly realm where her husband awaited to see what they had created. Kimtak, while not as wise as his father, or nutering as his mother had his own qualities that led to a stable government. Though the boy was a tyrant, calling upon his blood as right to do as he pleased, he soon learned that the people would not bow any longer, and was sealed away inside a pyramid while still alive. It is said to this day he still prowls those corridors, waiting for his chance at revenge.

With no heir to the throne, once more chaos began to erupt, Isis fearing that all her and her husband had created would be undone as the others had warned her it would, blessed one of the woman of the Sea of Dust, and proclaimed her to be the next Pharaoh. It has been almost 5 years since the Pharaoh Jasmin has taken the throne, and still she has not chosen someone to rule by her side. Rumors are beginning to spread, however due to the fact she has done nothing to cause the people to fear her, they have let this mostly go unnoticed, however a shadow stirs in the night near the palace now, and no one can seem to catch what it is.

*BANG* you all jump from your chairs as a loud thunderclap can be heard as the bard who had been sitting on the stage pauses for dramatic effect, and look to each other. Each of you had been called here to perform a job for the royal crown by an unknown who simply had his messenger call him Kayzam, however you all know he seems to be running late, as you look at your mugs half empty. Perhaps the man was not coming and it was all a cruel joke, should you sit down for the rest of the night and enjoy the tale the bard on stage was putting on, or perhaps simply leave? The question lingers in all of your minds as a group gets up from another table and departs, mumbling to themselves.

Spot and listen checks please

drack
2014-08-30, 02:09 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop hickuped loudly, his head swaying on his shoulders... that half an ale may have been too much, but how could he say no when the crown man was gonna.. was gonna... he struggled a moment then remembered, ay yes, pay. his eyes were fighting to close on him, but he kept his seat, listening to the funny stories... everything seemed a bit funnier now...

DrK
2014-08-30, 03:19 PM
Heru lounged in his chair. Dusty pack dumped in the corner with his weapons and shields as he grasped the massive clay mug of frothy beer in both hands. A plate of dates laid out on the table in front of him. Perched on the table Anubite stared at him with his beady eyes before darting forward to grab another date. Heru watched the bird, his sun darkened skin still coated with fresh dust from the desert.

Drinking heavily he watches the rest of the pub before striding across to what is clearly a wizard sitting in the corner. "You look familiar. I am Heru-Ra. The scrawny beast is Anubite."

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

drack
2014-08-30, 03:34 PM
Suddenly jerking awake Hogglemop Poggletop shook his head to be sure the man wasn't a beer-illusion. Reaching out he puts a small hand on the man's face feeling to make sure it's real. " 'icup Oh, Hi... I'm..." What was my name again... that thing people call you... "I'm Hogglemop Poggletop, wizard of all things firey and burney. I can also make flames, wanna see some?" His head seems to swing loose for a moment across the inn. "Perhaps some other time... some other place..." Expertly the mage stifles a yawn under the pretext of shoving more beef and potatoes into his mouth.

Entaris
2014-08-30, 06:54 PM
Khro'na had just picked up his mallet and chisel once more, giving the sandstone an artisan's evaluating stare as he began to rhythmically tap away more chunks, when the thunderclap caused him to jump and chunk half of the statue onto the floor.

He sighed, staring out the window into the desert as he sat back down. They say the thunder signifies the troubled mind of the Desert...or it's unending hunger He remarked mysteriously, giving his companions a sly look as he turned back to the half-bfroken stone sitting on the bench next to him.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen
[roll2] Profession Scultpor

Yael
2014-08-31, 01:53 AM
A calm, gentle smile is being performed by the young adult that is sitting at one corner of the pub, having a soft drink to calm its thirst while listening to a good performance. Suddendly, there's weird movement inside his robes, as a really little lizard comes out. "What is it, Lizzy?" Says James to his lizard familiar. "Comming out for a breath?" After the intended pun, the lizard turns down and climbs downwards his robe to his legs, where it sits and starts drowses. "All right, all right. Stay, your lazyness." Lizzy, however, used to his master's behavior, just started sleeping. After that unnecesary interaction between wizard-familiar, he returns to his glass of water, when suddendly...

*BANG* you all jump from your chairs as a loud thunderclap can be heard
James jumps for the scare, and his lizard gets launched upwards to the table. "What in the world was that?" Said Richards as he grabbed Lizzy and placed her back on his shoulder.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

TheFamilarRaven
2014-08-31, 01:39 PM
Hannu sat across from the drunken mage, his hood held up over his face. He was not interested in Hogglemops's drunken behavior. Instead he nursed an ale and whittled away at the wooden table with a dagger. When the dwarf came to speak, he eyes shot out, glaring at the dwarf.

"I really hope for you sake we don't ..." He looked over the dusty dwarf again. "Oh Heru! I didn't recognize you for a second. I haven't seen you in some time. When was it?" Hannu clasped his chin in thought. "Right! Last time we met, I was chased out of that oasis inn by that bartender after ... um, spending the night with his daughter." Hannu pulled back his hood. The swarthy skinned man was grinning. "It's me, Hannu. How ya been?"

DrK
2014-08-31, 01:57 PM
Heru scowls at the cloaked figure until he recognises him. "You still owe me for the drinks that were on the tab..." the dwarf grumbles, his tone leaving Hannu unsure if it was a joke or a serious. At the loud BANG he starts but when nothing immediately appears he pulls out a stool. "So.. what brings you here eh? And with magister here eh?" he nods at the drunken wizard.

A brief whistle and the vulture hops down from the table and hop hops across the floor of the pub, a quick snatch as it scoops a stray bit of chicken. reaching the table it hops up on a stool between Hannu and Hoppop and glares at Heru until with a grunt he orders a half of the local ale for the vulture. Anubite cawing once as it arrives before he starts slurping it up. "Drinks more'n I do. dammned bird Heru grumbles.

dantiesilva
2014-08-31, 02:09 PM
The sound of snoring can be heard as it seems the last man to sit at the table has fallen asleep, and not even the thunderclap seems to have awoken him. However that is unimportant at the moment as you all sit there, after all your contact was late.

@Heru-Ra & Hannu As you all begin to talk with one another the two of you both notice the sand entering threw the door to the inn, as if a gust of wind had propelled it inside, yet no wind seems to be blowing.

As you all continue with your discussion a deep dry voice comes out of nowhere, the last empty seat seeming to be filled by a man dripping of the finest treasures, and the symbol of the royal seal upon the front of his robe. I take it you have all meet by now? If not you will have plenty of time to do so along the way. the figure says as he calls over the waiter who shows a lot of nervousness at being called, after all this was a noble, being seen in such an establishment would be odd. Now shall we get right to the point, Our wise and beautiful Pharaoh has asked that this object be delivered to the tomb of our previous Pharaoh to make sure she can always keep an eye on him. As I am sure you know she is unable to send her own men to do so as it would open up an attack, and if she were to go herself someone may try to steal the throne. So in you all come. The man says as the last bit of sand vanishes and you can take your first real look at him, or at least what you can see of him. Orange eyes seem to stare at each of you with both disdain and admirement, though for what reasons remain unknown. Then a golden box appears covered in many ancient arcane and divine sigils. I wouldn't look to hard at them, this box has the most powerful protections our Pharaoh could have inscribed into it. All I ask is that you take this from here to the Pyramid, drop it off at the center and leave. Once you return I will have a contact waiting at this in for you to discuss your payment. Next he pulls out a long piece of parchment with a long detailed list of what is expected of you and 7 blank lines, the royal seal being the last thing on the parchment. This will be our contract so that you know this is not some kind of hoax, and if anyone asks they will allow you entry. He says before handing you all a case. Inside is a simple map, I am sure you will be able to figure out what you need. Now are their any questions? I am a very busy person and can not be away for to long from her majesty.

drack
2014-08-31, 02:18 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop squints at the man. He's never been looked at that was... admiration, why perhaps from his apprentices, but not from a stranger who had yet to see his amazing powers. Sobered to some extent by the strange feeling in his stomach, Hogglemop poggletop pulls out the map and contract giving them each a quick look through before passing them to the next person.

Contract have anything the man didn't already say?

Also about how far away is the pyramid?

Entaris
2014-08-31, 02:38 PM
Khro'na kept rapt attention on the man, chisel forgotten as he was within arm's reach of one of the men said to have been blessed by the Desert Herself. And he was giving them an artifact of the Pharaoh to put into the Forsaken's Tomb. This was either a horrible trap, or will be very good for all involved. The Asherati took the contract and looked it over carefully. Even with the significance of the mission, he was iffy on signing things. Could you not simply take the Word of the Chosen? He suggested, entirely unsure if the people of the City would understand enough of the Desert and her Children to understand an Asherati custom.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-08-31, 02:50 PM
Hannu arched his eye brow as he looked over the noble. "Ya know. You could have just walked in, like a normal person. He shrugged "Or maybe you're too good for that. Well, consider me hired, although this is the first time I'll be putting something back where it belongs."

dantiesilva
2014-08-31, 02:56 PM
If the contract were for my benefit I would see no need for it, however certain layers of protection are needed when going into the tomb of the second otherwise the magics inside would awaken to stop his release. And I am sure none of you want him to be released again. your contact says at the question that had been asked. Noting how they had taken note of the map. Sadly Geography is not something I ever cared to study, as such I would not know the answer, though if you looked long enough I am sure you could find a skilled enough person in this town to give you the best directions if none of you are proficient with maps either. the man says a a clay bowl of grapes is brought to him, and he begins to slowly pop them into his mouth one at a time, waiting to see if anyone else had any questions.

Contract says everything he did, just in more legal terms. One could study it if they wished.

As for distance, that would be a Knowledge (Geography) check

@Hannu That would be exactly why I was told to look for the six of you, though looking at the drunk over there I am starting to wounder about at least some of the choices. Anyways look at it as a test, anyone can take something. However placing something somewhere without anyone noticing would be the work of a master no? If you wish you can hide it in some manner, so long as it is in the center of the pyramid in the lowest levels it will be enough. the noble says kindly, As to walking in the door like anyone else, I did. If you were more aware of the magic of the world you would have seen me. He says honestly.

drack
2014-08-31, 03:01 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop considers the proposition.

I don't think anyone asked directions OOC, just looked at the map. :smalltongue: Anywho if it has a scale and the name of this town and that town then I needn't know hot to get there or how to know I'm on the right track just to see how far away it is. :smallconfused:

Edit: "Drunk?" He asks confused.

Tipsy, not drowned. :smallwink:

Entaris
2014-08-31, 03:15 PM
Khro'na arched a bald eyebrow, So, this contract, which is papyrus, is going to protect US from hundred year old magics placed to keep a Child of the Gods trapped in his tomb? He chuckled, rubbing the top of his head, I'm from The Sands and even I think that's far-fetched...

DrK
2014-08-31, 03:18 PM
Heru looks at the man. "Take the box to the pyramid aye? Sounds fair. What's the rate for this?. The dwarf leans back, eyes narrowing slightly as he watches this glittering magical peacock, opening the case he casts his eye over the map to get an idea of the lay of the land and more importantly the nature of any creatures that may be dwelling there or environmental dangers...

Survival [roll0]
Know(Nature) [roll1]

Yael
2014-08-31, 10:55 PM
"What do you think this is all about, Lizzy?" Asks James to his familiar while standing up from his chair. Richards walked close to where the fun was, of course, the map. "May I have a look of it, too?" When the documents gets handed to James, he just says after reading both the map AND the contract. "Well, it has the royal seal, here... In the desert, checked. Into the pyramid, check. The box with arcane and divine sacred and powerful sigils must be placed into (if posible) at the lowest layer into the pyramid so it would hold an elder evil that, if awoken, could destroy all mankind, check." James says, trying to be funny, but being serious about everything he spits. After that, he takes a look at the map, trying to figure out what he knows about the hazzards of the waste. "I guess I could help here, don't you think so, Lizzy?" He turns to the man that had the possesion of the box prior to its reveal. "Where do I sign?"

Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]

dantiesilva
2014-09-01, 06:59 PM
As Hogglemop asks about drunk looking a bit confused your contact takes out a quill which begins to move on its own once placed on the parchment signing his name. مستشار أول آمون on the very bottom line, what stands out however is that the quill is made from a peacock feather, and clearly has some sort of magic infused in it to write. I was referring to the one over there. he says as he points towards the strongest looking member here. Annoyance could be seen clearly on the royal's face as he looked at the fool drooling on the table. I suggest next time you leave the dog outside, some people it seems do not know how to conduct themselves in civilized company.

As Khro'na questions your contact about how a piece of paper would defend them from ancient magic he places his hand over his head. If only magic guarded this tomb he would have escaped long ago I have no doubt. It is for the guards that are stationed there. Without it they will think you are grave robbers, or simple cultist wishing to set their master free, either way it would not end well for you. the man says as his orange eyes seem to bore into you, as if they were looking into your very soul and judging your power.

However his eyes turn from you to as Heru speaks up. A simple man with simple questions, I like that. The rate will be a thousand gold for each of you upon completion of this. Failure to do so however will result in no payment. He explains simply. Of course you will have the option to pick an item or a few instead in place of the cash reward, the choice is yours. he explains.

As most of you seem to agree that this would be an easy job he points to the six lines above the last one which he signed. You do not need to sign in any order, so long as you all sign. He says simply, going back to enjoy his grapes, letting you all sign it with your own gear as he placed his own quill away.

Scorpions of all kinds can be found in the waste, their poisons only getting stronger with age, then their are the Hyena's of the waste, not exactly powerful but in large groups they could be dangerous. However not all things in the waste will try to kill you, camels are also out their, both wild and those who have been trained but have lost their masters to the dangers of the waste.

You failed to learn anything with survival.

As above plus

While not left alone for often their are a few stories of brass dragons being found out in the wastes all alone, Even a great sphinx could be seen.

For more detailed things you have to roll on a specific creature otherwise you just get a generalization.

Sandstorms are also common in the waste, and never easy to predict, someone caught in such a sand strom would do best to bunker down and wait it out or fear getting lost.

drack
2014-09-01, 07:14 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop, having let out a relieved "Ah..." upon finding hat he'd not made a fool of himself before the almost glowing man. where did one find so much shiny stuff to coat oneself in, and why would one even want to glow in the first place? It was all very confusing, but Hogglemop Poggletop, great wizard that he was, was no fool... He was pretty sure he understood most of it at least... well all of it except that he wasn't entirely sure who these chosen and such were... or why the man kept looking at him like that, it was unnerving for people to look like they expected more then fireballs from you, especially when you couldn't even make one of those for them! Still he took the scroll and quill, signing his name in a rather grave manner. in truth he was concentrating to make sure he didn't blot his name, to make sure it was big enough to be read, and most importantly, to spell it right as this would be a manner of public record, but for all appearances the mage had taken on a state of calm as he signed his name, the kind of calm that rank of foreboding for the dangers ahead.

Entaris
2014-09-01, 07:22 PM
Khro'na smirked at the man, So, you are saying that there are already men there, hmmm? Why not simply have THEM take it in? Seems like loss is being expected... He implied, giving the man a confident grin, I know my unfailing service to the Desert Mother is worth FAR more than a mere one thousand... He looks to the others. Do you not have others who value you as such?

drack
2014-09-01, 07:29 PM
hoggletop Hogglemop may not be a genius among men, but he was a wizard, and more importantly he'd sobered up a bit. "Don't be foolish, if the guards left their post it would create an opening for radicals or even the locked up pharaoh himself. Moreover he didn't say you had to settle for a thousand gold, he signed agreeing to pay us what objects we wish if we so desire..." Turning his eyes to the shiny man, and giving him a look that only a maddened wizard could he adds "...and I'm sure that whatever our reward will be will compensate us for our efforts." Turning back to his comrade he finishes "So isn't it better for us if we settle on the reward afterwards!?"

So... many... reds... :smalleek:
:smalltongue:

Entaris
2014-09-01, 08:45 PM
Khro'na thought on the wizard's words, nodding with a slow grin,This is true. Not that I have use for gold, but other considerations may be taken... He picked up the quill and scratched his name, Perhaps some mentoring, one Child of the Desert to another? He added with a grin.

DrK
2014-09-01, 08:57 PM
Heru listened to the strange man before nodding. Seems fair to me. I like them terms. Quickly signing his name he gives the strange emissary a sharp nod of approval.

Returning to sipping his ale he looks at his companions wondering if all will survive the savage desert.

Yael
2014-09-01, 09:56 PM
James has this weird tendency of using a weird mix of blood with ink, to give it less liquid texture, and more of a reddish color, the blood, of course, is a leftover from his familiar friend's natural ability to shot blood from its eyesocks, James don't like Lizzy doing that that much, though. "More than the money, I would say, I want the knowledge. Ancient catacombs under a pyramid, holding amazing secrets and the peak of arcane and divine abjurations." Says James as he searches for his favored pen inside one of its belt pouches. "Where is... Aha!" He claims as he found the pen under a patchment where he was trying to draw his beloved Lizzy. When the paper gets handed, James signs it with a single hand gesture with his name and personal sign.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgDcg87Qm33kLcEj_ZQZ7UM1i_qs9E2 PzZyt1YOFK-Rr7HJ7C2

Of course, if Common would be similar to English."However, you know? Food is not that cheap as the sole wish to gain knowledge and use it for good, so I will accept anything, after helping with this cause, of course." He passes out the papper, and asks to the mysterious man. "So, when do we exactly start?" James realizes in a blink that he isn't the only one that is accepting the delivery mision, so he adds to the group of people that is also signning, with a smile, of course. "My name is James Richards, I'm pleased to meet you, and I hope we get along (and survive) the trip.
Oh, and this is Lizzy."

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0] to "remember" what I know about Brass Dragons.
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll1] to "remember" what I know about Sphinx'es.

Smileybastard
2014-09-01, 10:17 PM
Svava

Svava shifts finally opening his left eye and rubbing the scruff on his face. He looks as if he had been completely asleep and yet he rises and picks up the quill as if he had never touched one before and looks at it a moment before creating a simple X on the parchment and nods. "I understood enough to know I am happy to be part of this."

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-01, 10:57 PM
"Hoo boy, one thousand gold coins" Hannu said slowly. "Hand over that pen" He said grabbing the quill. The rogue signe they contract with enthusiasm. "And I say we start right away!" He exclaimed.

Yael
2014-09-02, 03:51 AM
"This is quite lively, and I also agree that the sooner we leave, the better."

dantiesilva
2014-09-03, 07:01 PM
Khro'na, as you point out that if he already had men positioned at this place why he did not have them do it the man looks at you with a bit of confusion. And you say you are blessed by the sand mother? Most I meet who are have some degree of common sense who make such a claim. He says as you feel an uncontrolable thirst come over you, as if your body was about to suffer from dehydration, but how was that possible, you had been just drinking and your race was naturally adapted to living with less water then other races.

Will DC 18 or spend 6 rounds doing nothing but drinking water, even if it means stealing others water. If unable to do so for any reason forces you to go into rage like a barbarian.

Ah so I see the wizard knows some common sense. Yes if I were to call them here to get this then they would not be doing their job of guarding the pyramid. And if I had you just drop it off one of them would have to leave their posts to place it exactly where I would like it. So I was asked to hire outsiders. As to payment it all depends on the dangers you face, we expect it to be a simple task, but it could prove differently, and if that happens we are willing to pay a bit more, or allow you to look threw a small collection we will have set aside for you upon your return. As to mentoring, prove your worth first then we can discuss such a thing if you wish. The noble says as he looks up to the sun as slowly each and everyone of you sign the contract.

So long as you do not disturb anything inside you should be fine to study whatever it is you wish inside, however remember that you have a job first and foremost. Knowledge can be found in all places, none of them are safe to dally in for long. As for when you start, as soon as you choose to. I will know once you leave this town though, and that is the day we will begin tracking payment. Thats when you all notice the drunk that may have been dead, seem to awaken and nod his understanding. Impressive one could sleep through all of that and still sign a piece of paper, you must either be a fool or very confident in your abilities. he says as he notes that you only place an X where you should have signed your name. Or you can't read. Really why did it have to be them. he says to himself with a sigh.

With the entire group having signed the contract he takes the map once more and flips it over to the blank side where he throws a bit of dust onto it and the entire contract signed appears on the map. Well then I bid you all goodbye, may the odds be in your favor. And don't forget to prepare, we wouldn't want you to die on your way. and with that his entire body seems to crumble into sand, and once more you are all left alone at the table as if he had never been there. The only proof being the map and contract.

While you know dragons can be found in the waste, the exact type and names seem to elude you.

however where the knowledge about dragons would fail you, that of the Sphinx would not. It is said that these were once servents of the gods who answered the questions of their mortal followers in riddles and protected their ancient temples. However if these stories are true then so to must be the tales about the great slaughter of many of them. Which would mean very few are left. You do know however that their are four different kinds.

Gynosphinx is the name of the kindest of the lot, perhaps it is because their kind suffered the least when man wielded their weapons against their divine masters, or simply because they enjoyed riddles, and puzzles to much to not stay mad at man to long is uncertain. Because of their love of puzzles and riddles these are some of the least dangerous of the many varieties. Though their hide is tough, it is not immune to attacks like the ancient golems of old. However they are well known for having at least one dangerous spell in place incase they are attacked to make sure they can flee.

Of all the variety's, the Hieracosphinix is said to be the most evil at heart. Bards say that it was they who suffered the most when man turned their blades and magic against the gods and because of this they grew a taste for hunting and mauling men. Its only other pleasure being that of tracking down a Gynosphinx. Thankfully however they do not wield magic, that is not to say they are not dangerous though. Their many attacks are extremely deadly, especially to those caught in its grasp.

The simplest of them all would be the Criosphinx. Needing and wanting only treasure or a Gynosphinx to mate these are the second easiest to avoid conflict with. It may cost all your wealth, but you will keep your life.

Lastly there is the mighty Androsphinx, said to only be one left alive named Alexander who stays at the library that Isis and Osiris made together long ago. He is said to have divine powers granted to him by Isis herself and a very noble soul. However he guards the library with his life, and none have been seen leaving it since the death of Osiris when his son took the throne.

drack
2014-09-03, 07:17 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop opens his mouth to ask a question, then closes it again as he politely waits for the man to finish, but then the man dissolves once more into sand and vanishes.... "Well drat, now I'll never get to ask him... What do you guys think?" He asks the group, clutching the contract tight as if expecting it too to crumble to dust and vanish.

Smileybastard
2014-09-03, 07:36 PM
Svava

Svava rubs his stubble covered chin. "What is there to think about? We all signed up. He may be an ass, but at least he is gone."

Yael
2014-09-03, 08:54 PM
James looks carefuly, trying to figure out if that was magic or just a trick.Spellcraft: [roll0] "I agree that he was such the personality, but he must know his stuff." James says as he reaches the sand and fills a flask with the dusty sand. "This might be something interesting later on." As he stands up, Richards looks at the rest of the group, pet Lizzy with his hand, and says.

"As Mr. Sandy said, we ought to leave. The sooner we leave, the sooner we'll get lost and play riddles with the desert hazzards."

James says, then he walks towards his table, picks up his backpack and quarterstaff, and he moves to the front door.

"Lizzy and I will meet you all at the gate. Be prepared, friends of mine, The Delivery awaits."

Entaris
2014-09-03, 09:09 PM
Khro'na reminds stock still as the man sifts away, the last animate particles wafting off just as the Asherati gasps for air, AAAaahh....agh...thattthh not thuspithuttthh...nope...agh, water...needth water... He fired off rapidly, pulling the engorged waterskin from his side and beginning to chug from it deeply, finally glad for that random purchase of what he considered "too much water".

drack
2014-09-03, 09:22 PM
Immediately Hogglemop Poggletop pushes everyone's beers to the thirsty man. "Sandy man pays right? Why waste water?"

Entaris
2014-09-03, 09:27 PM
Khro'na points an accusatory finger at the strange wizard as he gulps water, Ou don't know how al-ohol workth, do you? He jibes and goes back to chugging his half-empty canteen.

drack
2014-09-03, 09:30 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop hiccups shamelessly. "Nope, does it do something? I was never given it before." He confesses just as shamelessly.

Entaris
2014-09-03, 09:54 PM
Khro'na sighs as the thirst leaves him after emptying his waterskin, What a waste. Whole skin of water to assuage a misused Gift, used in Hubris. He tsks in the back of his throat and checks the rest of his gear, including the large gourd of shapesand on his lower back.

Contemplating the loss of the precious liquid to a City Man's ego, he turns back to the wizard, "And it dries out your brain." He states, tapping his forehead, "That's why you feel funny and start seeing things weird. You know, hazy? Strange? Sounds exactly like the Desert to me. Giving yourself mirages." He nods matter-of-factly, standing from the table. Well, let's get this going. Don't want to keeps this greedy lot from their date with the Great Mother's Embrace, now, do we? He chuckled.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-03, 11:07 PM
"Aye, I'm eager to get started aw well." Hannu looked over Khro'na as he gulped down the water. "And if that's the rate you drink water, we should get some more. I already have plans for how I die, and it's not going to be from thirst!"

DrK
2014-09-04, 12:37 AM
The dwarf watches with narrowes eyes, a muttered never good to irk a mage eh? to the sand dweller watching the strange nobles magic. Offering a water skin he does not offer his beer.

Looking about he glances outside. well, there ain't no sandstorm. I ain't got no coin. How's about we fill our waters and get to it?

Is everyone ready to set off?

Yael
2014-09-04, 12:52 AM
I'm buying another waterskin, picking up my dunkey, and I'm on standby.

Edit: Spent the GP, I'm ready.

I will be meeting you at the exit of the town.

dantiesilva
2014-09-04, 06:25 PM
As a consensus is agreed upon to leave now that way you could get the reward quicker, as well as have a less likely chance of being robbed of the cargo you break up into two groups. The main group heads deeper into the city to look for supplies, the busy sounds of the markets all around them, while James heads off towards the gate closets to the inn as he picks up his donkey and refils his waterskin on the way.

@The party minus James it doesn't take you long in the busy marketplace to be directed to a man named Bezin, who is said to be one of the best cartographers in the small town you are all in. Upon entering the limestone building, you immediately notice all the different maps he has around his entire shop, along with the many different devices you could assume to help someone with map making of their own. However you can not seem to find the man who owns the shop as you call out a few times, you notice a fine black cat (http://bemeow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/159084177_new-egyptian-goddess-bastet-egypt-god-bast-statue-cat.jpg) watching all of you closely, wearing golden jewels. Coming Comes a strong gruff voice from in the back as the cat turns to eye the animals with each of you.

From behind a fine silk curtain appears a very tall man, or at least at first sight he would appear like a man, as the scales and blue tint of his skin becomes apparent the closer you get to him. Welcome to Bezin's maps, how may I be of assistance today? he asks in his gruff voice, that now closer seems to sound more like rumbling lighting.

So I guess rolling randomly for these guys is a bad thing?

@James once at the main gate you notice the man who had seemed to vanish earlier in the inn with you walk out in the same attire as before. That was odd, he had turned into sand and vanished you thought?

drack
2014-09-04, 06:29 PM
Hoggletop Poggletop hands the man the map they'd recently acquired. "We have a map, but we'd like a few extra points smudged onto it and a knowledge eye to give us some advice. Think ya could do that for a handful of silvers?" stuffing a hand in his pocket it comes out with seven, no eight silver pieces. (One was hiding under another. :smallwink:)

Smileybastard
2014-09-04, 06:56 PM
Svava

Svava buys some waterskins and rations and a backpack to put them in. Then seeing the map maker approach the group heads over to them.

Entaris
2014-09-04, 08:52 PM
Khro'na decided to take a look around the maps to see if any had interesting places marked.

Yael
2014-09-04, 11:20 PM
"Oh, it's mister Sandman, over there."

James notices the misterious subject that vanished into sand and dust a while ago, and he decides to know what he was up to. James carefuly approaches the subject (being careful to do not get too far away from the gate, so he could catch up with the rest of the group), and tries to have a word with him.
Spot: [roll0] To do not lose the man if there's a crowd.
"Mister Sandman! May I have a word with you, kind sir?" Says James in a friendly attitude, talking not loud enough to attract attention, but loud enough so the man could listen his words.
"The sand thingy you did back there was pretty cool, what was it? Arcane magic, perhaps? Or some religious divine magic? Don't worry, I'm not trying to steal your magic, I'm just interested. Obviously, if it were up to be learned, I would be a happy student of yours."

DrK
2014-09-05, 01:39 AM
Weighed down by the vulture sat on his shoulder Heru follows the rest across the square. Waterskins full of water and equipment clunking on his back he is happy to hear what the mapmaker has to say.

Looking around at the others he wonders how well they will survive the rigours of the desert.

I'll buy 2 more water skins for four total.
Plus 4 more trail rations and a lb of rotten meat

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-05, 01:18 PM
"Think you guys can handle this map business? I just remembered I'll need a few more supplies if we're heading out into the desert." Hannu spoke after breaking eye contact with the strange cat. "Hogglemop, I'll meet you by the mules." Hannu nodded and turned to leave the store.

Buying 8 clay jugs(plus filling them up worth water if that costs extra), and some chalk

dantiesilva
2014-09-06, 08:40 AM
As you all walk into Bezin's store Hoggletop asks him to add a few places to the map that you had received earlier as well as some advice. Well let's take a look here now shall we? Bezin says as he looks over the map and lays it out on a very large table, pinning it to the table carefully. Very rough map you have, but then again my work is not cheap, I am a business man after all. What exactly do you need me to do? After all you asked for a few markers, though that could be any one of a few things. he says kindly as you place the silver pieces onto the table. Well that will surly cover most things, just let me know what you want and I can help you. Bezin says with a kind smile.

@Khro'na as you walk around the shop you can immediately tell this man was no fool and had to have a great education. Looking around at the many maps and equipment in the store you notice each one is written in a different language, and each had different locations marked on them. The man was cautious it seemed and did not trust people to not try to steal his maps, only more testament to his mastery.

@James As you notice the noble leaving the inn that you had all been in earlier you immediately begin to follow him. It dose not take you long to catch up as while the streets were busy he was not trying to hide or get away. It was divine magic if you must know. And as I told the other if you wish to be my student you must first perform the task given to you, I do not take on those who are incompetent, nor do I waste time with them. At the moment none of those at the inn have proven to be anything more then peasants that want to become the upperclass. A few of you show potential in the arts, but then again some families breed properly and produce those gifted in the arts.

@Those who are shopping It dose not take you very long to gather up what you are looking for, or at least it dose not seem like long as an hour passes. What to do now though, go to the main gate and see if everyone else is their waiting for you, or perhaps go back to Bezin?

To those who went shopping it will be assumed you left the shop while Bezin was working on the map and as such are ahead of others in the time line, meaning you do not need to post until I catch them up. Know that once this is done though I already have the first encounter, map, monster and everything else ready to go. I just wont be able to update the geography map until I get home on my own computer.

drack
2014-09-06, 12:32 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop requests that the kind man add nearby water holes, a landmark or two, any unmarked mountains (or other similarly strenuous obstetrical), any additional waterholes, and to estimate the distance from where we're at to the pyramid accounting for the afore mentioned "strenuous obstetrical". "Even wizards..." he adds woefully "...cannot be expected to remember everything after all. We must trust good folk like you to light our way at times."

Entaris
2014-09-06, 03:00 PM
Khro'na grinned at the excessive knowledge this man apparently held for the Desert. So, a test.

Also, any of my People's settlements. Ruins would also be nice.

And places the Bhuka trade.

He rattled off casually, thunking a gold piece onto the table, his finger still upon it. He would be truly impressed if this blue man knew the languages of two of the Children of the Desert, would deserve this extra pay.

dantiesilva
2014-09-06, 06:57 PM
@Hogglemop Poggletop & Khro'na As the locations of some watering holes and random things along the way are asked for the man named Bezin looks to the strange cat who slowly takes off behind the counter and comes back with a tiny map. Taking out a magnifying glass Bezin begins to mark six different locations on the map, each one with a palm tree. The desert is a funny place, sometimes rivers move a few hundred feet, so I can not give you exact locations of where you can find water, but I can give you a rough idea that should help enough for you to not die of thirst. He says kindly as he looks to a larger map on the wall behind Khro'na. As to landmarks, the waste tends to swallow most structures built in them over time, so if you find any ruins around your desitaniton it will be a surprise to me. Though I hear tales of recent attempts at thievery around that area. Using the watering holes as traps. Bezin says letting you know that while he only knew stories about the areas individual places were not so great. Sorry I could not help more, however I like to stay close to home, and more then two days away from here is where I draw the line, most of my information on what is past that is from friends of mine who travel. The trip from what this map shows though should be four days there and four days back. he explains.

As Khro'na begins speaking in two of the more common trade tongues in the waste Bezin laughs. Don't know what you be saying, but I know enough from others who have come looking for my maps to know the different languages. I spent most of my time learning tongues very few would know this way it would make it harder for anyone to take information from me without paying for it. Bezin replies in common before taking out the pins that held your map (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=845006735512167&set=gm.334978590017040&type=1&theater)in place, Well here you are. Best be off, and if you find anything let me know, perhaps we can work out some kind of deal. Bezin says as he watches you leave.

drack
2014-09-06, 07:12 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop Shakes his head. "Why I didn't mean literally lead us! I say, you've been markedly helpful already, oh but could you mark these things in a wider radius, One never knows where the sands may take them after all."

Can't see the map linked. :smallfrown:

Not that I'm too worried. In the end my character won't be using it much. :smallbiggrin:
4-8 days: And here I was planning for an IC month... :smalltongue: Still, may as well keep it now that I've bought it.

Entaris
2014-09-06, 08:15 PM
The smirk fades from Khro'na's face slightly, shrugging as the gold piece disappears back into his outift. Veyr well. Off we go into the Embrace of the Great MOther. He remarks cheerfully while planning his plans and thinking his thoughts about a man made of sand and a shiny old box.

DrK
2014-09-06, 10:38 PM
Having got water and some more gritty trail rations Heru returns to the map shop as the conversation begins to wind down. Hearing the "4 days" he nods content to know a rough estimate. Though he and Anubite were normally relatively slow in the desert.

Looking at the others he gestures at the shimmering waste beyond the few buildings. We moving now? With some sort of travelling menagerie.

The link did not work for me either

Smileybastard
2014-09-06, 11:09 PM
Svava

Svava leans on his Axe. "I am ready, but then I generally am."

Yael
2014-09-07, 01:35 AM
"I see, then we have somewhat of a deal, here." James says with some arrogance in his tone. "I am no more than a mere commoner, here. Yet, I know I can acomplish this task, alive and with no loses. I am sorry for disturbing you. I shall return to my companions at the gate, excuse me, mister Sandman. Will see you after our success." Says James with a teasing smile, then he pets his familiar and returns to the gate.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-07, 03:27 AM
After scouring the local markets for supplies, Hannu headed towards Hogglemop's stabled mule, and saddled it up with his newly purchased jugs of water. He then began to gaze lazily at the crowds. Making up stories for those with the people that would pass by as he waited for the mage.

drack
2014-09-07, 07:30 AM
After having the maps modified Hogglemop Poggletop returns to his mules and apprentices, making sure the heavy winter blankets are draped over the cargo. The blankets served to cushion any blow that might break the pots, but they also served to insulate the mules, using the water which would cool overnight as a cold pack to keep them comfortable in the desert heat.

dantiesilva
2014-09-07, 09:10 PM
I could, but it would take a lot more time, and a few of my other maps, and if I am looking at those with you correctly they seem to want to be on their way. Perhaps next time you are in town and have free time? Bezin suggests as you ask about adding other locations to the map, and as he states it you notice the others seemed to have returned from their travels. All ready to begin their journey.

@James With the confidence of a new hero having never seen the trials or dangers of true battle you make a delectation to the noble that you have come to call sandman. Bold words, we shall see though. Who knows perhaps next time you may even try using my real name. He says with a smirk doubting you understood the language he wrote his name in. And with that he watches you depart once more. We shall see if you succeed at the task, either way I make out though. he says to himself as he walks away.

What languages do you speak for everyone and roll an intelligence check this way if you don't have the language you can take a guess.

Also is everyone ready to go? If so just post

A). How much water you are carrying on you
B). If you have some form of protection from heat like a desert outfit or heat endurance feat
C). If you have anything to block your eyes.

With all supplies that the group thinks is needed you all gather at the gate and look to the map telling you where you needed to go. It would be a long journey no doubt, but it would be worth it, or so you hoped as you made your way into the desert, hoping to get a head start on your travels.

drack
2014-09-07, 09:45 PM
hoggletop Poggletop sticks a finger in the man's face and slowly begins to rotate it counter clockwise. "Unow hockto hebola clew, shinso renku haramanassss" An eerie red glow settles over the man before vanishing. "May you hope my path returns me to this town then, for on your word you will be filling in the map for me." Somehow the small bearded man's voice sounds ominous and foreboding as he turns to rejoin the group.

Prestidigitation for cinematic effect with a few extra words at the start to keep the man guessing even if he recognizes it.

330 gallons water (using party urine for animals to save water.)

Dessert outfit (level 1)

beard and perhaps an old miner's hat cover the whole of his face, does that count? I like the fluff of the hat as part of his outfit, though if not he's a mangy mound of white so he'd be covered inn something either way.

Anywho that language bit for everyone?
[roll0], understands rather loudly spoken common.

Yael
2014-09-07, 11:08 PM
James does not look back as he goes straight to pick up his mule, and then continuing to his companions.

Intelligence roll: [roll0]

1 - I am carrying one waterskin with me, and a barrel worth 13 waterskin's water, this is with the mule.

2 - I have Level 1 protection against the sun, because of the desert outfit.

3 - Wearing sun lenses.

DrK
2014-09-08, 01:00 AM
Heru watches the wizard, rolling his eyes at the overly dramatic display. Hearing the strange words he essentially shrugs unknowing what was said. Staring outvatbtge waste as mules mill around him he throws Anubite up, a whispered, Hunt you hungry scallywag. The rotting meerkat on his belt narrowly being twisted away from the snapping beak as it hung from Heru's belt.

Speaks common, Druidic and dwarf. [roll0] Int
Heat protection 1, desert outfit, filter mask, sun lenses and parasol.
Has 4 waterskins, 12 trail rations and a meerkat.

Anubite "seek" [roll1] I'll keep retrying if he is disobedient :smallsmile:
Vulture survival check (moving half speed, but still faster than Heru) [roll2]
-- enough food/water for Anubite + Heru + one more

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-08, 06:41 PM
Hannu snaps out of his daydream and readies the mules for travel.

Hannu speaks Common, Asherati, Bhuka

Intelligence roll [roll0]

I got a desert outfit

Nothing to cover my eyes, unless a filter mask works...

dantiesilva
2014-09-08, 08:54 PM
As our young heroes depart, a long line of servants and mules walks behind them as they make their way into the desert. The difference in temperature was easily noticeable once a few hundred feet from where you had just been, however there was no point in turning back, all that was left now was to press on and deliver the golden box. And so with Anubite flying up above all of you, acting like a sort of scout, you make your way out of the deeper part of the desert and begin heading in a NE direction as the map shows you, towards the pyramids. After all not following the direct course given would lead you off course.

After a few hours under the desert sun most of you have already gone threw a gallon of water, behind you the sounds of the eccentric Hoggletop poggletops servants can be heard trying to keep all the mules walking forward, trusting in your sense of direction to lead them where they needed to go. He better not jip us on money, this trip is redicolus. I am dying of heat, never mind we have to guide these stupid things. But do you think he would even say thank you, no of course not. Yea I liked him better when he sat around for long periods of time and kept on mumbling and demanding we do the same because it would make us do magic. Yes what was it hicup, hopup, fireup the liar? Laughter can be heard behind you as the servents make fun of how crazy their master was, you can only hope his insanity shows results or this may be a very short trip.

Soon after you all hear the servents laughing behind you, the sound of Anubite screaching and circling around something some 200ft. away catches your attention. At first it is hard to make out, however soon enough your eyes adjust to notice 3 small scorpions 60ft. below the great vulture.
(http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=84721)

Hoggletop Boggletop
Small scorpion 1
Hannu
James
sava
Khro'na Mokji
Small scorpion 3
Small scorpion 2
Heru-Ra + Vulture
Commoners

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=84723

DrK
2014-09-09, 12:56 AM
During the long walk Heru tried to keep to himself. He normally walked with just Anubite for company so being in so large a train was unusual. Looking about he went to speak with the mage... Higgle, why do you no trust the noble with the box? Money seemed good for a 4 day walk in the sand?
- the cawing of the vulture disturbed them Good bird. Scuttlers! Be wary of the tails. Ye be stung out here, little can help you.

Just a filler RP post till my turn

Entaris
2014-09-09, 01:30 AM
Khro'na had immediately taken to his people's normal method of traversing the Great Mother, tossing himself headfirst into the nearest dune and keeping pace with the others by sandswimming, launching himself in and out of the sands happily like some kind of four-limbed sand-based dolphin. At the caw, he surfaced near his comrades, It is only a family of scorpions. They live here. You do not. Let us go around. He stated, slipping back beneath the sands and circumventing the four scorpions.

Yael
2014-09-09, 01:36 AM
Thought on doing the same, here :P
Also, I recommend checking the OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18080602&postcount=160) to explain why I just placed my prepared spells, and I will be placing my prepared spells at every certain time at the end of every one of my posts.
James is going along the others, they departed not that long ago, and he was surprised how the group increased slightly from 6 to 10. Also, Richards wanted to join the laughs back there, but he was too shy to even turn his head backwards. "Haha... Oh, Poggle, you're such an interesting subject. May I call you Poggle, is that okay?" James turns to the people that is pulling the mules, back there.
"Where are my manners? My name is James Richards, and this is Lizzy, here. Shall we be friends at this trip, and hopefuly after it?
When James was introducing himself to the people in the back, the sound of hostile wildlife made its way through James' ears, making him to turn to the road they were following. "Scorpions? Poisonous, maybe?" He said, while looking at the bird in the back, hoping to know something odd about it.
Check. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18080708&postcount=162)► Level 0 spells (cantrips)
• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

dantiesilva
2014-09-09, 07:09 PM
I am only replying because I have company over and I feel some of you are waiting for the results of what I post before you do anything else.

Also each of you can edit the map to reflect your actions, if you do not wish to thats fine, simply instead tell me where you are moving to and I will do so. Keep in mind moving threw sand cost 2 squares of movement each.

@James As your mind looks over the distance at the tiny figures so far away your mind tries to determine what exactly they are and what kind of threat they may be. From this distance you can guess the creature, which you can tell is a scorpion by its tail has to be at least medium size or smaller, but from this distance you can only guess as you notice a total of three of them thanks to Anubite circling over them. Thankfully growing up in the waste you knew a great deal about such vermin like scorpions. Some of it could help you in this battle while other things were to keep track of. The first and most important was that in the desert they had a clear advantage, while you and your friends were all hindered by the sand except for Khro'na. Scorpions were naturals when it came to traveling the sands and could move at their full speed. You also know from your many books that no matter how well hidden you are, so long as you are within 60ft. of them and touching the ground they can not only pin point you, but can not be confused. And while you have never tested the idea, you could suspect that illusions that are on the ground will immediately be seen through because of this natural ability of theirs. The only other thing of note is their attacks, while not all that dangerous to those who are prepared, the poison of their stinger only grows with their size to the point it can take down full fledged warriors.

@Khro'na as a servant of the Great mother you knew that many creatures made the waste their home, and not all where inherently evil or of ill purpose. Knowing this you suggest to those with you to leave the family of scorpions behind and travel around them, taking a longer route, however allowing innocent creations of the great mother to live.

Nice RP right there, it has been noted as I feel it is something your character would suggest.

@Heru Looking to the crazed mage with you, you ask him why he dose not trust the noble, after all walking in the desert was normal for you, getting paid to do it seemed like getting paid to drink water. You would have done it either way, and when you hear the caw of your trusted companion you praise her skills as you warn the others about the tails of the scorpions and the poison they may carry.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-09, 10:35 PM
"Yeah, they live here, and they don't like us being here. I'm all for going around but do you even think they'll let us?" Hannu questioned the asherati.

I'd ready an action but it's not my turn :smalltongue:

Entaris
2014-09-10, 01:40 AM
In answer, Khro'na softly pings his body light through the sand, giving the scorpions a soft glow to follow as he leads them away from the group.

Khro'na swims at full speed through sand :D

drack
2014-09-10, 03:02 PM
During the long walk Heru tried to keep to himself. He normally walked with just Anubite for company so being in so large a train was unusual. Looking about he went to speak with the mage... Higgle, why do you no trust the noble with the box? Money seemed good for a 4 day walk in the sand?
- the cawing of the vulture disturbed them Good bird. Scuttlers! Be wary of the tails. Ye be stung out here, little can help you.

Thought on doing the same, here :P
Also, I recommend checking the OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18080602&postcount=160) to explain why I just placed my prepared spells, and I will be placing my prepared spells at every certain time at the end of every one of my posts.
James is going along the others, they departed not that long ago, and he was surprised how the group increased slightly from 6 to 10. Also, Richards wanted to join the laughs back there, but he was too shy to even turn his head backwards. "Haha... Oh, Poggle, you're such an interesting subject. May I call you Poggle, is that okay?" James turns to the people that is pulling the mules, back there.
"Where are my manners? My name is James Richards, and this is Lizzy, here. Shall we be friends at this trip, and hopefuly after it?
When James was introducing himself to the people in the back, the sound of hostile wildlife made its way through James' ears, making him to turn to the road they were following. "Scorpions? Poisonous, maybe?" He said, while looking at the bird in the back, hoping to know something odd about it.
Check. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18080708&postcount=162)► Level 0 spells (cantrips)
• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

"Higgle? Poggle?" Angrily Hogglemop Poggletop stamps his foot with all the might that an enraged toddler might have mustered in his place. "I am Hogglemop Poggletop, and that's a popper wizard name so don't be trying to make it sound all normal and boring like everyone else's name! Names are powerful things, magical even, and making my name normal might do terrible things, why I may even loose my magic!" He didn't exactly know where he'd learned that... but he thought it sounded right when he said it, so he decided to punctuate the eccentric statement with a short confirmatory nod. Contented he waves his hands over the sand and speaks a few soft words causing a lizard to pop from the ground which promptly squirts a bit of blood from its eyes.

Watching the lizard expel blood from it's eyes Hoggletop Poggletop realizes a bit and even chuckles. "By the way guys, this is Bennet. He's got a boring name so he turned into a lizard."

drack
2014-09-10, 05:09 PM
(double post for subscribers)
Hoggelmop Poggletop holds out his hand to make sure Hanbu and anyone else behind him was aware of them. Cupping his hands he prepares to cook them should they charge him. With any luck they'd pass on their own.

Ready action to cast burning hands on as many as I can hit if they look like they want to attack.

dantiesilva
2014-09-10, 09:59 PM
@ The party As debate turns to action, Hogglemop holds out his outstretched hand, preparing to turn the creatures into food should they attack him or get close enough to make him worry, ranting the entire time as he watches them about how his name was that of someone powerful. It was because his name was not normal that he held his powers. However as the lead scorpion sees him raise his hand up it advances forward, testing the threat before it.

Hannu you watch from the safety of the group, hoping that Kheo'na could indeed make them move on and follow him. However as he swims threw the sand, you notice his plan has indeed worked, now the only question that remains is if he can keep the distance from the scorpions or if they would capture him before hand. What would you all do?

Hoggletop Boggletop
Small scorpion 1
Hannu
James
Khro'na Mokji (They can not sense you until you are 60ft away)
Small scorpion 3
Small scorpion 2
Heru-Ra + Vulture
Commoners

All those bolded may act now for their round 1 actions as most people delayed to see what happened.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=84879)

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-10, 10:37 PM
"Well, they don't look like they're moving away." Hannu said disappointed. He equipped the shortbow that was slung over his body and notched an arrow. Hearing the words of the mage, the rogue figured that Hogglemop was planning on blasting them, and prepared accordingly.

Readied action. Fire an arrow at first scorpion that comes within 30ft

DrK
2014-09-10, 11:26 PM
Heru looks at the others. There is good eating in them. Not much of that out here. As long as you ain't fussy. Copying the others he will pull out his sling and a stone and stand beside James and Hogglemop at the ready if the small scuttlers charge in...

Draw and load sling.
Anubite can keep circling

Entaris
2014-09-10, 11:29 PM
Still near the party, Khro'na notes the agitation of the scorpions and hisses up at the wizard, his racial heritage sliding the words through the sand along with the soft flashing of his body-light. Put your hand down, idiot! You would not appreciate one threatening you in your own home, would you?

Asherati can also breathe and speak normally under sand :D

Yael
2014-09-10, 11:47 PM
Thought James had never heard such things at school, that might be a proof that Hogglemop Poggletop would be such an amazing wizard, so he gave a nod, and turned back to the wildlife. I understand, Mr. Hogglemop Poggletop, such name will be used by me when I am aiming comments to you, *also I can see that you know how to keeep your cool when a menace appears,* I could learn a thing or two from you, sir. Said James with joy, meeting such a powerful mage could teach Richards what he needs to know to fulfill its destiny (in the long way of course.) While he was speaking, he was also thinking what to do to help the situation, he didn't know if a fight would pop here (thought that is the most possible ending), so, after replying to Hoggle, he just stared at the obstacle in front of them. So he just readied his polearm in case something would happen. When Khro'na spoke, James was about to do some magic to try to solve this problem, following act, he stopped his initial intentions, and just stepped back. Don't fight, then... James whispered to himself.

Then, do you think they are coming for a hug? Says, finally, towards the Asherati.

Full round speaking, five-foot step backwards from S19 to T20.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=84883)

Spellcraft check to identify Hogglemop Poggletop's spell: Check. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18091977&postcount=176)

If I succeed to determne Hoggle's spell, James will say the following line instead of "*also I can see that you know how to keeep your cool when a menace appears,*":
*, also, I see you wield the power of magical fire, I knew that you were something special, mister Hogglemop Poggletop!*► Level 0 spells (cantrips)
• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

drack
2014-09-11, 10:50 AM
Hogglemop Poggletop nods smartly. "We wizards have fire and lightening, but what makes a wizard really special is in appearances. People fear what they don't understand and magic is something that even the mightiest of wizards don't fully understand. Welding a weapon so powerful you must never give in to confusion or surprise." Hogglemop Poggletop nods sagely once more before stealing a glance behind him to see if his apprentices were taking notes. Shaking his head in dismay he adds "I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever make anything of themselves..."

Still near the party, Khro'na notes the agitation of the scorpions and hisses up at the wizard, his racial heritage sliding the words through the sand along with the soft flashing of his body-light. Put your hand down, idiot! You would not appreciate one threatening you in your own home, would you?

Asherati can also breathe and speak normally under sand :D

Meanwhile Hogglemop Poggletop ignored the man who thought his open hand more a threat then a sling or a bow. Were a dragon to come to his home and hold its mouth open he'd have walked away from the mouth not towards it. He himself had tensioned when the scorpions had begun advancing on him, but he couldn't help but feel a little relieved that the scorpions had the same good sense. After all he wasn't exactly sure how much his flames would hurt half the things out in the desert.

Entaris
2014-09-11, 12:03 PM
Khro'na sighed inwardly before propelling himself from the sands between the Idiot Companions and the family of scorpions, his skin discharging light with the intensity of the Sun itself as he launched from the dune. He landed facing the scorpions, knowing they would not be affected by the light, and made shoo-ing motions.

Go...GO! I will deal with these. He hissed urgently towards the arachnids.

DrK
2014-09-11, 03:46 PM
Heru shook his head as the asherati pulsed with bright white light. Shaking even more for the debate between the pair of wizards. Swinging the sling stone in preparation. He nods Watch out sand man. The lights are bright. You'll attract the beasts ye fool.

Ready to sling a scorpion if they move to attack

dantiesilva
2014-09-11, 06:38 PM
Hannu as you notch your arrow into the shortbow you carry with you, you take aim, readying for when an enemy comes within 30ft of you, not taking the chance that Khro'na Mokji may be wrong. And so all but the noble Khro'na prepared for battle, whether threw magic or mundane weapons. James however seems to pay a little attention to the advice of the sand swimmer as he steps back slowly away from the family of scorpions.

@Khro'na Mokji As you speak in Asherati to the scorpions before you something odd happens as your mind can feel the touch of a thousand others speaking to you in the language of your people. You will deal with the ones traveling with you now will you? And what will stop them from coming back and attacking us later? The voice asks in your mind as you look behind you to see the scorpions still following you, and Heru's vulture high up in the air circling the area. You are in my domain now child of the desert. If you indeed ment what you said continue on and my family will not harm you, however if even one of you lifts a single finger to harm my children... Thats when you see a giant black tail rise up from the sands behind your friend, and watch in horror as with the speed only a scorpion could produce the stinger stabs straight threw Sava's chest before two huge claws emerge and drag his body under. You have been warned, now move along before my children get hungry. The voice says into your mind before vanishing. And so to dose the feeling of a thousand insects crawling around inside your mind.

Entaris
2014-09-11, 06:48 PM
Khro'na stands, stunned for a moment, before running over and physically pushing the weapons and arms of his idiot comrades down, actually looking serious for once, Stop this! STOP! There is more in this Desert than your tiny City minds could know! The Scorpion is the Child of Te-Met-Nu, and he rarely suffers an interloper to harm his Children! We must leave, right now. I will not be responsible for your deaths. He chides, standing between the stupid comrades and the scorpions.

drack
2014-09-11, 06:55 PM
The mage knocks away the stupid druid's hand with his off hand. Speaking firmly Hogglemop Poggletop addresses the druid. "Perhaps you'd be better served acting civilly towards us. giant scorpion or no with all this flailing your arms, shouting, and now trying to disarm your supposed allies it's beginning to look like you've turned traitor on us or the heat's gotten to your head. now, would you like to try again before you start the fight I've been trying so hard to stop?"

Entaris
2014-09-11, 07:05 PM
Khro'na turned on the idiot mage next, a fire unknown to any that have known the Asherati in his golden eyes, Civilly?! You would tell ME of civility when YOUR...people... He hisses, gesturing to the rest of the band, MUST attack everything they see, on the grounds of "protection"! No, you LISTEN, for once in your Idiot City life, to the Words of the Child of the Desert that's brought you here: If we do not leave this place at ONCE and let these creatures be, all of you shall die! He clipped the sentence short, leaving no sound but the zephyr of the desert as the words sank in before beginning again, sounding more himself, The Great Mother does not deal in vaguery, gentlemen. You will be dead, your body left to Her Embrace. No Job. No Contract. No Gold. Just another corpse in the sand. He finished wryly, sure that they noticed the absence of himself in that statement. He turned back to the scorpions and ran a hand over her face.

Great Mother, please let their mules be less stubborn than they, so at least one thing may get accomplished. He muttered to the Endless Sands.

drack
2014-09-11, 07:16 PM
"As do your scorpions." the mage adds matter o' factly to the idiot druid. "Now, you persist to rave as a madmen might under the heat of the sun. Either you've baked your brain or it wasn't all there to begin with, but either way I suggest you not give us any more reason to think you the real threat. We've demonstrated with the scorpions that we only kill them if they attack us, but you, right now, are verging on that very action, attacking the rest of us. Now i may be old, and I may have lost a few bits over the years, but yelling at folks that they're all murderous villeins, and that they just kill everything isn't the best way to make them not kill things. Now, are you willing to calm down and discuss this rationally, or do you wish to continue with your fit?"

Decidedly ignoring any further madness from the druid (except any instance of continued disarmament or bodily harm), Hogglemop Poggletop gathers his mules and apprentices to venture forth, dumping a pot of water where the scorpion tail emerged as he passes, and encouraging his apprentices to do the same. It was an old tradition to honor local deities in his town. Honestly he'd probably killed less in his life then even the smaller scorpions, but he doubt it mattered to the maddened druid. In fact he felt refreshingly sane by comparison. It wasn't often he felt that way, so as he continues on a sort of refreshing energy returns to his bones.

Entaris
2014-09-11, 07:28 PM
Khro'na was about to retort when the absurdity of the idiot magician's statement hit him, ellictiting a chuckle and a shrug, You know what? Nevermind. That statement has proven you know not the first thing about Nature in general, much less the Great Mother Desert. Animals, as they are an apparenlty rare occurance where you come from, only kill for FOOD, or, when they feel THREATENED, such as when, oh, say a giant train of mules of Cityfolk come trouncing through where they live. But you Cityfolk wouldn't know that would you? Heh, everything MUST be as viscious as humans, right? Hehehe He chuckled to himself, throwing his hands up in surrender before turning to the mule train, Tem-et-nu and the Great Mother take you, I refuse to be bothered by such idiocy any more. I need something from the team... He remarked, then headed along the mule train, away from the impending slaughter.

[roll0] Spot to locate the Box

drack
2014-09-11, 07:31 PM
Hoggletop Poggletop ignores the
idiot druid. :smalltongue:

dantiesilva
2014-09-11, 09:08 PM
After much infighting you all turn and leave, walking a good distance away from the home of the scorpions that had caused so much fighting between you all. Had it even been worth it, all the fighting that is as you make your way once more continuing along your way into the desert following the map that had been given to you. Back in the distance, you can see the three scorpions once more burying themselves in the sand, whether for their next victim or not is unknown.

@ Everyone except Entaris 90exp

@ Entaris 100exp, the extra 10 coming from good roleplaying with the scorpions

And so with the scorpion family well behind you, led by Heru you all make your way once more towards the great pyramid that holds the second Pharaoh. It seems that the rest of your day will be easy enough as another 3 hours go by, and the early morning sun is beginning to set. Two options lay before you now, to push on and make camp after night falls or to begin preparing. About an hour out of the way you can see what appears to be plant life to the south.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-11, 09:47 PM
"I'm no druid, but I'm pretty sure plants mean water. Might be a good chance to restock." The theif paused. "Then again it could be a bandit camp. Perhaps our sand swimmer can investigate." Hannu looked around at the group. "Of course, I'd offer to go, but um, he clearly seems more capable than I in this blasted desert! Of course, we still have plenty of supplies and it's only been a day. In theory we could move on." He finished, balancing the options on the palms of his hands like a merchant's scale.

Entaris
2014-09-11, 10:33 PM
Khro'na, who had just happened to have looped back around to the group doing a backstroke, languidily paddled along with their tread, Oh? What's this? The City Boys WANT the assistance of the more worldly and knowledgable Child of the Desert? My, my, how quickly tides turn, yes? He jibes, chuckling as he sinks into the sand to let the group grumble.

Yael
2014-09-12, 12:10 AM
That was intense. Said James as he contined with the rest of the group. And after hearing the Asherati's response to the thief, he responded. Come on, mister Khro'na, while mister Hoggle isn't that of a social person, he didn't speak for all of us. Consider us your allies for our current task, mister. With a smile towards the Asherati.

Spot check to detect beings at the distance (in the plantlife) [roll0]

DrK
2014-09-12, 12:28 AM
Heru shook his head at the strange asherati. I ain't no city folk. I been walking this desert since before you were a thought in your parents mind. She is a savage and brutal thing. It is eat or be ate.

Looking at the plants Heru nods. Aye. Plants normally mean water, but often predators as well. Should look in any case, refill the water and save our supplies. Looking at the asherati he frowns. And what do you know of the desert sand child?

Heru survival [roll0] +2 to find water
Anubite survival [roll1]
Heru know(nature) [roll2] try to ID the plants
Heru spot [roll3] Anubite spot [roll4]

drack
2014-09-12, 06:55 AM
mister Hoggle

"They're just trying to get me left and right aren't they?" Hogglemop Poggletop mutters to himself as he walks.

Entaris
2014-09-12, 01:08 PM
Khro'na resurfaced with a sly grin at the Dwarf's statement, Your people merely adopted the Great Mother. Asherati were born of Her, molded by Her. Many of us do not see grass until we are already men... He replied simply, still backstroking through the sands, dipping and surfacing joyously.

DrK
2014-09-12, 01:20 PM
Heru shook his head ignoring the asherati before kicking through the sand as he stomped towards the small collection of plants. Sling now at his belt and spear jn hand..

dantiesilva
2014-09-12, 09:47 PM
As you as a group decide to press on, if even only for a little bit longer as you see plant life about a hour away you all begin walking the long train in the direction. After all where there were plants, there had to be water. And with your mind focused on food and water, and less on where you are walking a small cracking can be heard beneath your feet, looking down you can see fractures in the sand, as if you were standing on top of glass, and then the feeling of falling hits you, as your body begins to fall deeper into the sand below, not far enough to stop your hand movements, but far enough to restrict movement.

To find out what happened

Whats worse is what comes next as the sound of angry scorpions reaches your ears, and you all look around to see 5 scorpions surrounding you. Clearly this was not your day and you had just fallen into this poor family's home.

Round 1
Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=85049)

Commoner 1
Heru-Ra
Small scorpion 1
Commoner 3
Commoner 2
Khro'na Mokji
James
Hannu
Hoggletop Boggletop
Small scorpion 2
Vulture
Small scorpion 4
Small scorpion 5
Commoner 4
Commoner 5

Ahhh they are going to kill us! Screams one of the men hired by Hoggletop as with speed unseen by these simple folk up till now manifests as he quickly takes aim with his sling at the scorpion nearest him. However he misses the beast in his haste, but only by a small margin. It is very clear though after he launched his stone that these scorpions would not be allowing you to leave alive.

DrK
2014-09-13, 01:00 AM
Heru walking forward raises an eyebrow at the soft sand as it starts to crack and soften. Scuttling coming from within.

Do we not get survival checks to notice the various different sand types?
If so [roll0]
[roll1] if spot

Seeing scorpions he readies himself to thrust a spear at any scuttler that moves to attack him...

Attack [roll2] dam [roll3]

dantiesilva
2014-09-13, 06:46 PM
@Heru As you fall threw the sand you remember this happening once before while you were younger and still being trained by your mentor. At the time it had been much deeper and you had such a hard time moving, you could barely move five feet without trouble. Thankfully it is not the case this time as you look down and see the tell tale signs now clearly visible of sandcrust, an invisible layer of sand that to those who weigh under a certain weight will cause no ill effect. However to those who weigh more then that, the crust will break dropping them down to whatever is below, which thankfully in this case is just a little more sand. However a little more sand or not, your aim is off as your thrust goes wide and almost hits Hogglemop.

Thankfully the scorpions luck is not much better as only one of its claws hit you, barely leaving a scratch.

1 Damage to Heru

Feeling safe from the distance between himself and the other scorpions, another of Hogglemop's servants takes out his sling, trying to send a rock flying and with luck cracking the tough shell of the scorpion. However luck would not favor him as the shot goes wide.

Taking a chance the ring leader of the servants steps foward with spear in hand as he looks at the scorpions before them. Come on you dam bug, I am hungry and you look like food. he calls out as he thrusts his spear at the creature, only to have it miss as well. It was clear these men were not trained for battle, and that the sun in their eyes was throwing off their aim.

Commoner 1
Heru-Ra
Small scorpion 1
Commoner 3
Commoner 2
Khro'na Mokji
James
Hannu
Hoggletop Boggletop
Small scorpion 2
Vulture
Small scorpion 4
Small scorpion 5
Commoner 4
Commoner 5

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=85108)

drack
2014-09-13, 07:09 PM
"You damn FOOLS!" Hogglemop Poggletop shouts at his students in his best All-Powerful-Wizard voice. "Weren't you paying attention three days ago when we covered the basics of first interactions with commonplace foes!? Can you not even retain such basic teachings?!" Calmly the small mage resists the urge to cackle and shoot fire, a common weak point among mages, instead drawing himself up with as much dignity as he could considering his small stature, that his beard hid his face, and that his garb was covered in little scorched holes as if someone had been putting out cigars on him for some time now...

5' step to q20, readied action to blast the two to the left on the map if they seem ready to attack stuff
[roll0] damage in such instance... ignoring any violence upon the commoners that attacked them... :smalltongue:

Entaris
2014-09-13, 07:43 PM
Khro'na surfaces as the commotion starts, looking this way and that at the fighting, I will get the mules free. He calls out, swimming over to the nearest to begin guiding the animal away from the scorpions' den.

I grab the nearest, which is the one with the Box on it, and pull it away.

[roll0] Handle animal. Failing that,I'll Sleight of Hand or Use Rope to get the bag off of it. same mod
[roll1]

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-14, 09:42 PM
"For the love of every God and their mother, I'm sick of these damn bugs! Damn sand can go straight to the nine too for all I care!" Hannu struggled about as the sand collapsed beneath him. Once he gained his balance he lunged at at the scorpions.

Moving and attacking scorpion 1 (that is, unless there is something in the way, if there is, than I am attacking scorpion 4)

Attack [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Crit Confirmation (if necessary) [roll2]
Crit damage, plus [roll3]

(if sneak attack) plus [roll4]

Yael
2014-09-15, 03:11 AM
So, more hugs? He tries to hit the adjacent scorpion with his quarterstaff. Take this, interesting but deadly vermin!
Attack.
Quarterstaff's attack roll; [roll0]
Quarterstaff's damage roll; [roll1]
EDIT: If there's any flanking bonus, I didn't add it, just saying because Flanking rules per the PHB confused me by the images displayed.

James gasps, as he is surrounded by scorpions, then he just tries to walk away, slowly, from the scorpion that is threatening him, then, James asks to his familiar, who happened to be on his shoulder, enjoying the sun, to spray some blood to try to scare the scorpions. Some help, eh, Lizzy? Scare them! Said as he closed his eyes for three seconds, enough time to let Lizzy do her stuff.
Five-foot step to T20

Lizzy's Blood Squirt (Will Save DC 11)
Blood Squirt (Ex): A horned lizard can spray a small quantity of blood from its eyes, out to a distance of 5 feet.
The blood loss causes no harm to the creature, but it is disconcerting to those who view this ability. Foes who see this display must make a DC 11 Will save or be shaken for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.
► Level 0 spells (cantrips)
• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

dantiesilva
2014-09-15, 11:41 AM
The powers of a mage are known far and wide, and those who have survived an attack from one knows full and well never to attack again, so it must be that these creatures have never meet a wizard before. And so rolling up your sleeves as to not burn yourself, you invoke the power of fire to burn those who would dare attack you to a crisp, and at first it seems like it has killed them. However after a few seconds they begin snapping their claws angrily as you yell at your apprentices for their lack of skill at anything.

Khro'na seeing that the animals were in danger you quickly swim threw the sand to help them should they be attacked.

However you can not seem to find the box, did you already drop it?

Hannu seeing the perfect chance to strike at your enemy you bring your daggers in, however at the last second the sand seems to pull you down as your attack goes wide almost hitting one of your allies. Best not try that again, who knows if you will be able to stop your blade again.

And so with all your allies surrounding the lone scorpion in the middle, and it having no place to go, your quarterstaff comes down hard on its shell, cracking it completely as the vermin falls lifelessly to the ground very much dead. Not to be outdone though Lizzy listens and shoots forth blood from her eyes showing an intelligence few animals had, and whats better is it seemed to have worked as the scorpions eyes are covered in blood.

This only seems to fuel their anger though, first you break their home and crush their young, then you try to burn them, and now you have not only killed one of them, but also shot blood into their eyes....Charging foward the scorpion blinded by lizzy attacks james, trying to pay him back as it is not able to reach his familiar. And what a glorius attack it was as its claws dig deep into the skin of your calf, trying to cut the muscles in two so you could no longer walk.

So long as a 13 hits you take 4 damage, otherwise 2

And as no surprise to you Hannu sensing your weakness the scorpion behind you attacks at your back.

Attack 12 Damage1 if hit

But the punishment is not done yet, as the next one comes directly for Hogglemop to return the favor, however is unable to do so. Thatr dose not stop his friend from coming to help him though. And unlike the other, this one hits both with its tail and both claws as it tries to shred you into small pieces.

3 damage plus DC 12 fortitude save or take 1 Con damage

Seeing their mentor in danger Commoners 4 and 5 rush to his aid with their spears, and threw a combined effort one of their attacks land, completly impaling the body completely upon the spear.

Commoner 1
Heru-Ra
Commoner 3
Commoner 2
Khro'na Mokji
James
Hannu
Hoggletop Boggletop
Small scorpion 2
Vulture
Small scorpion 4
Small scorpion 5
Scorpion 3
Commoner 4
Commoner 5

Once the vulture goes it will be round 2

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=85276)

dantiesilva
2014-09-15, 03:09 PM
Round 2

As the battle begins to heat up a few have stood out so far, however our heroes have taken some hits of their own. With luck the battle would not last much longer, however one could not be sure until they found themselves in either the afterlife or looking at the corpses of their enemies. And what was better then having an army at your back as slings were readied and then thrown at the scorpions.

However the first sling misses, and the leader knowing that he had failed last time takes out his spear and tries to destroy the scorpion attacking James. However like the last time he to fails to hit. And with only one last chance left, one of your youngest apprentices charges forward, spear in hand. However the gods smile upon this man as his spear takes the beast by surprise and kills it.

Commoner 1
Heru-Ra
Commoner 3
Commoner 2
Khro'na Mokji
James
Hannu
Hogglemop Boggletop
Small scorpion 2
Vulture
Small scorpion 4
Small scorpion 5
Scorpion 3
Commoner 4
Commoner 5

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=85286)

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-15, 03:36 PM
Hannu stumbled through the sand, causing his lunge to fall way off target. He swore, but he kept his head long enough to sense the scorpion come in from behind. Twisting his body, the thief narrowly dodged the claw of the scorpion.

Hannu retrieved his blade from the sand, ready to plunge it into the scorpion before him, only to find it giving its final death throes as a spear protruded from it. "Nice..." The rogue perked up. Then refocused his efforts on the scorpion behind him.

Attacking Scorpion 4

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Crit Confirmation (if necessary): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If Sneak Attack, plus [roll3]
If crit, plus [roll4]

DrK
2014-09-15, 03:44 PM
Heru looks at the scorpions, glad that most seem to have been skewered. Jabbing again he looks at the asherati grabbing the box with a puzzled expression.

Attack [roll0]
Dam [roll1]

Heru shouts - "What are you doing? Get the scuttlers, don't be stealing the box!"

Yael
2014-09-15, 04:12 PM
Gah!! James screams as his muscles got pierced hard by a scorpion, falling suddendly to the sands. Life's a risk... I think... Gah... James said in a soft manner. He tried to move backwards, away from the second scorpion, while holding his leg, that obviously, hurts as hell. Get back, Lizzy, those guys were serious, here. James draws from his robe a shiny dagger. I'm bad at this kind of stuff, but take this, unlucky vermin!

Five-foot step/crawl to S21.
Draw dagger as a move action.
Throw dagger as a standard action to Scorpion 4.
Dagger's attack roll: [roll0]
Dagger's damage roll: [roll1]Dagger's critical confirmation: [roll2]
Dagger's critical damage: [roll3]► Level 0 spells (cantrips)
• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

Wow, the critical though! I wrote the extra damage just in case lol.

Entaris
2014-09-15, 05:14 PM
Dozvolete mi da pomine kako što se dvižat na dzverovi. Može da imaat mažite.

Let me pass as I move the beasts. You may have the men.

Khro'na whipsers as he slips easily through the sands to the animals, grabbing the nearest by their barding and leading them away from the sand crust and the tussle with the scorpions.

dantiesilva
2014-09-15, 07:31 PM
As you are filled with renewed vigor at seeing the other enemies falling, you all watch as Hannu drives one of his daggers into the scorpion taking of one of its two claws in the process, however it was not done yet it seemed as the beast made a sound of pure anger.

However on the other side of the battlefield Heru and Anubite were doing just as well as Heru finished of the last scorpion on that side and anubite took it high up into the air with her to eat. However it dose not go unnoticed by him that Khro'na is doing something near the donkeys, and has yet to lift a finger against these scorpions. Could it be he was in league with them and was controlling them only to take whatever secrets lied in that box back to his people?

Khro'na you swim threw the sand once more, and try to lead one of the animals away from the fray, as you speak in the lauange of your people. However unlike last time, no reply comes this time.

Commoner 1
Heru-Ra
Commoner 3
Commoner 2
Khro'na Mokji
James
Hannu
Hogglemop Boggletop
Vulture
Small scorpion 4
Commoner 4
Commoner 5

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=85329)

drack
2014-09-15, 08:01 PM
Hogglemop Boggletop is trapped in an endless game of boggle!

Hogglemop Poggletop boises bos bond bosterfully bo boy boge boght bod boepairs bo boleashe b bocond bove bo boames bo bosh boer boe boorpions. Borefully bo boeps bock boce bore.

[roll0] fire damage readied again.
(bore bomage) :smallwink:

I know I chose an unusual name for Hogglemop Poggletop, and empiricism it IC to give him that nice OCD/mad feel, but it's no more complicated a name then the other players and changing even the first two letters of a word can change it to sound as a mockery of sorts... :smallconfused:

dantiesilva
2014-09-15, 08:57 PM
As Hogglemop Poggletop conjures once more from his hands mighty flames, the last scorpion falls to its death, cooked alive in its own shell. The battle may have only lasted three minutes, however all the movement has made you all very tired due to the sand in which you had to fight against as well as the scorpions. All except Khro'na Mokji at least who seemed more interested in the donkeys for some odd reason then he did about fighting the scorpions. Drinking heavily from your waterskins you all are pressed with one simple question, press on the rest of the way to what you can now tell to be a cactus field, or rest here the night? After all the temperature was starting to drop, and all those who knew about the desert knew not to be caught in its cold nights which were just as bad as the excureting heat.

You all gain 150exp

Roll search checks please with your posts

Yael
2014-09-15, 09:47 PM
James tries to stand up, his legs hurt as he feels the pain, but yet, he walks close by the scorpion hit by the dagger and tries to retrieve it. I'm sorry, scorpion family. This wasn't your fault, but Fate works in such a Twisted way... I pray for your rest. James tries to stand up, looks at the rest, and says: I would be dead cargo if we continue in this conditions, maybe some rest to eat and try to fix this mess? Said finally as he walks by the area, slowly, and takes out a torch from his backpack, not turning it on, but having it at hand. He withdraws his dagger, and continues to take a look at the surroundings.
Listen check: [roll0]
Search check: [roll1]
Spot check: [roll2]► Level 0 spells (cantrips)
• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

Entaris
2014-09-15, 10:37 PM
Khro'na took stock of the animals, The mules are alright. No twisted hooves or anything. He declared triumphantly.

[roll0] Search

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-15, 11:14 PM
"You took a nasty hit to the leg there, mage." Hannu mentioned to James as he retrieved his dagger.

"Best to bandage that, wouldn't want your leg to be the cost of that triumphant shot" He said as he pointed with his thumb to the clean wound left behind by the dagger. Hannu brushed the sand off his body, away from James as to not add more injury, and took a big gulp of water, then turned his gaze to the cactus patch.

"Well, damn, I guess an oasis was too much to hope for. Heru, these the kind of cacti ya get water from? If not I say we just rest up around here, lest someone got a better idea." He looked about.

[roll0]

Yael
2014-09-15, 11:32 PM
Better to tell the tale. Thanks, Hannu, your advice is appreciated. James thanks his companion, and proceeds to take out some cloth from his backpack, tries to clean his wound with some water, and applies some pressure to prevent blood from really being a problem.
After that, James stands up, with help of its pole. Don't worry, Lizzy. I'm fine. He tells to his concerned familiar.
I will try to find some water anyway, we could use some extra supplies here. As he announced, he casted the spell, Locate Water (http://dndtools.eu/spells/sandstorm--85/locate-water--3150/), in direction of the "oasis-would-be."
Heal check: [roll0]► Level 0 spells (cantrips)
• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

DrK
2014-09-16, 12:07 AM
Dragging himself free of the sand crust he looks around wearily, lots of scuttlers in this area eh? My thanks Master mage. Your fire was impressive. He gives Hogglemop a nod.

Looking at the nearby cactus field he comments Shall we make camp there? There will be some cover and probably water?

Entaris
2014-09-16, 01:25 AM
As he hears the "mage" was injured, Khro'na sighed and gestured to the man, Injured? Well, let us look at this heinous injury, arcanist. I need a place to sit and deal with the injured. None are poisoned, I hope? He commented as he swept into action, pulling rags and bandages from the packs. Well, over here, Mage. Before you get sand in your wound. He jibed with a smirk as he set about his job.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Wasn't sure how many Heal checks I needed. Lemme know if I need more

drack
2014-09-16, 06:10 AM
Upon hearing his mastery of flames complemented once again, Hogglemop Poggletop sets to lecturing his apprentices once more. "Now why is it that I didn't see one lick of flames out of any of you? And why weren't any of you tending to the animals, it is not a wizards job to watch them, it's a chore the apprentice completes in return for their training. And YOU! Why were you firing at an enemy hardly worth my notice!? You would have been better served practicing your magic! Even on your own you might have learned something like not to make enemies you don't need."

fort save (which I forgot) [roll0] Yup, didn't think he'd be poisoned.
Search [roll1]
spot [roll2]
listed [roll3]

After thoroughly lecturing his apprentice, Hogglemop Poggletop allows the man to bandage his wounds, suspiciously watching him all the while. Trying to run off while they had fought, as it seems, had not regained the mage's trust.

dantiesilva
2014-09-16, 01:02 PM
With the battle over you all have a chance to look around, at both each other, and the surrounding area. A few of you have suffered some nasty wounds that make it hard for them to walk, while others have come out with only a few scratches. With luck none of the wounds will be life threatening, however walking may take a bit longer due to the nasty wound James suffered.

Some of you look jealously at Khro'na though as he lets you all know the mules were fine. Where was he during the battle after all, sure swimming around was fine when everything was fine, it helped them have an advanced warning system of enemies, however hiding during combat was a completely different thing. However almost all of you see under the crust a small horde of gold coins, and a few silver mixed in.

793gp
2sp

Total I suggest splitting evenly, followed by also making a party fund for healing items and such, however as the DM I will leave this all up to you. Talk about it OOC though.

Thanks to Hannu's help James is able to retrieve his dagger, however his eyes with James help notice that what was first thought to be an oasis, is in fact just a group of cactus. And while they do give out water as is common knowledge, it needs to be properly distilled or it could make on sick. Some say it can also be used as food. And so James worried about finding water casts one of his spells which immediately point him in the direction of the cactus field.

With some help from his fellow party members James has his wound clean and bandaged, however it did cost some water. Thankfully it was not that bad though so it was only one gallon which was taken from one of the clay jugs on the mules. Now what to do though, press on, or stay and rest?

Thats when you hear the apprentices sigh with annoyance, Listen you crazy old fool, just because you mumble like a chicken and things happen dose not mean it works with us as well. If I have to try using a weapon that I can see and feel, or trust in your mumbling teachings I will take the spear. I rather live thank you. The leader says as he looks to the others who nod in agreement. Only reason we are still here is the pay, which keep in mind went up since you dragged us on this. He says holding out his hand for their payment.

Entaris
2014-09-16, 01:23 PM
Khro'na swatted the complaining man during his accusation You all can bicker AFTER you have healed, He chided, trying to look motherly and not-at-all-amused at the state of the group,I won't have you stressing your dressings before the healing has a chance to set in. Sand gets everywhere, you know. Don't help it. He scolded with a smirk, wagging his finger at both of them before going about the business of healing the injured with magic.

Spont Minor x3, so 1 hp to the least injured people.
[roll0]Spont Cure Light x1 to the most injured person

drack
2014-09-16, 01:26 PM
"I kindly give my students an allowance to pay for their books and scrolls, and this is how they speak to me? Why what had you been killed by a rampaging scorpion?! I teach you these things that you can better prepare yourself for the road ahead -ow! You shouldn't swat a powerful mage, a purple fireball might have bubbled out and enveloped you! You have to be careful of these things when you bandage people!" All the same he reaches into his pocket while he talks dolling out an allowance to the apprentices.

DrK
2014-09-16, 01:39 PM
Heru smiles as the gold is piled up in a neat blanket. Fair shares all round eh? Anyone for cactus and scuttler kebabs?. Happy to have something to eat that isn't a trail ration he chops things up and then builds a small fire.

Make some cactus and scorpion kebabs
Cast purify food and drink to make it safe
Profession (cook) untrained [roll0]

Survival check to forage in the cactus oasis [roll1]
- with a Base DC of 12 and +1 per 2 that gives food/water for 9!!

Entaris
2014-09-16, 02:13 PM
As he sees the mage begin to pull money form his robes, he cinches the bandage tighter, pulling the man close,Feed a Jackal, and he only becomes bolder... The Asherati hissed quietly into the man's ear as he finished the bandaging and continued his healing.

Yael
2014-09-16, 03:03 PM
I actually detect water in the cactus area, should have known it. James says, then when he looks up at the loot, he asks if he may have a share. Fair share should be, totally.

• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

dantiesilva
2014-09-17, 05:16 PM
As their are 5 of you and its even splits that means

158gp 6SP 4CP each

Like a mother tending her children Khro'na steps in telling all to stop bickering long enough for him to tend to their wounds. And what a job he dose as he brings everyone back to fighting shape with amazing ease. In the past you may have doubted that this man had the blessing of the gods who had turned their backs on men for a long time now. However after seeing such magic, there is little doubt in your mind that he is one of their agents, blessed to do their bidding. The only question was which of the gods did he follow?

If I knew for a fact magic would have shot forth from my hands like it did yours I would have used it. However all I knew was that I had a spear in my hand and that feeling you keep teaching us to look for when we are about to us magic was not there. So I would have been a dead man if I had tried it, I can't say for the others on this matter, but I can for myself at least. The leader says as they all go and collect their 2sp each from you before going once more to tend to all of the mules. By the way boss if we are going to camp here I suggest we start working now on digging out some form of shelter. One calls back as he looks to the spades they had packed that was tied to the mules.

However it seems with all healed up all wish to press on, at least until the cactus field where if Heru's stories are to be believed he could make a decent meal out of. And so you all continue on until you reach there and Heru runs of with James to find food and water. When they come back however the amount they have found is astonishing saying you were in the middle of nowhere. Not to self if we split up go with the dwarf. One of the apprentices says, which gets a bunch of nods from the others who all stick the spades they had been using into the ground as they look at the makeshift campsite they had made for the night. It wasn't great, however it provided cover from the sun thanks to the rock they had dug the hole next to. And so each of you manage to gulp down some of the most exotic food you have ever had, not the best tasting, however wizards had ways around that. The main thing was you all had food in your bellies, and water in your system.

Okay it is up to you all if you want to do one more scene before the next day or not, though a little RP wont hurt.

Yael
2014-09-17, 07:32 PM
James, gratefuly, smiles to his companions. Thank you very much. I think that sleeping will do for now. He looks at the cactus field, with his mate extracing water from there, which looks pretty clean. I'm amazed, I'm lucky to have such a party. He then turns his sight at Hogglemop Poggletop, who was having a talk with his men. When they finished talking, James smiles to the mage, then asks. I'm sorry for being rude, mister Hogglemop. I respect you as you seem to have a better expertise in magic arts than I, I am looking forward to learn arcane magics as the ones you cast. He turns to his own shoulder. Right, Lizzy?

During the night, James starts to cast one of his favorite cantrips. Dancing Lights., He calls to play over the fire. *Yawn* After the show was over, he asked about some stories about the desert, he is young, and still has interest about local stories of monsters and such. Any fascinating story about the sands we are in? Or the deeps of the pyramid we're approaching? He asks while everyone still eats (including himself.)

• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-18, 01:15 PM
"There's that story about all the mummies breaking free and dragging a village beneath the sands." Hannu said dryly, munching on a particularly chewy bit of scorpion. "'Course that isn't really specific to any pyramid really."

DrK
2014-09-18, 01:56 PM
Enjoying the cactus and the scorpion kebabs Heru holds out a hand over the pot. A moments concentratation and water fills the pot. Drink eh, lads enjoy the water. Best to conserve ours and refill when you can.

He looks at James, Stories you say. Nothing happy in the desert. Slavers, vermin and jackal headed demons that will carry entire villages off in the night. Quietly he stares at the flames stroking the vulture beside him and tossing it a fat scorpion claw. Anubite tapping the dwarf with a wing in thanks before stripping the meat out the claw.

Entaris
2014-09-18, 02:58 PM
Khro'na chuckles at the dwarf as he shifts up from the sands in a seated position, That's how you know Dwarfs are not Children of the Desert. He pokes, sliding a kebab from the fire, Listen not to his grunting, boys. Gather to me, and I will tell you of the Loving Mother Desert, Her many Gifts to Her Children, the Asherati and the Bhuka, the many others She has begotten in Her existence. He began, leaning back into the chair back that had risen from the Sands beneath him in the shape of his People's storytellers and soothsayers as he began with the story of his People's Birth.

Narrative acceleration of Sand Domain Power

Yael
2014-09-18, 08:35 PM
Those are some flavorful stories, I might be careful with the sands that embrace us. James declared as he set his bedroll on the sand. He leant down in it, and closed his eyes. Good night, guys. We all could use some sleep. *yawn* And, so do.... I.... zzz... He fell asleep. Lizzy, the lizard, came out of her master's coat, and fit herself with him, and fell asleep with him.

► Level 0 (cantrips)
• Dancing Lights x1
• Ghost Sound x1
• Mending x1

► Level 1st spells.
• Color Spray x1
• Locate Water x1

dantiesilva
2014-09-18, 09:05 PM
Now gain the 250exp from surviving night 1

Day 2

The first day was behind you, and because of your lead and good luck you had made good time last night. However luck would not always be on your side, and eventually you would have to learn how to handle yourselves in the desert. No one had stood guard last night, a risky move, one that thankfully had no ill effects. But one could not always count on such luck. And so with the sun you all rise ready for a new day, and with a bit of effort perhaps even cooperation between all of you.

With the mules packed and a meal in your belly you pull out the map once more, and look at it to see the direction in which you had to travel. And with only the sun as your guide on what direction was which you could only hope that no one got lost. Behind you all the chater of the young workers that are with you can be heard as they seem to be in a slightly better mood. After all they had survived as well, perhaps with luck they could make it to this pyramid okay after all.

Yael
2014-09-18, 11:50 PM
By the time everyone wakes up, James stretched and pet his familiar. How you doing, lazy bum? Says to his lizard companion; James turns to the rest of the party and smiles. Good morning, people. I might ask you for a little time before we leave, I need to "prepare" myself for our journey forth. He packs up his backpack on his mule, and sits on the semi-existant shadows of cacti. Taking out his spellbook, and started to study, to remember his arcane components such as hand gestures and verbal speech. James would stay concentrated by one hour.

Level 0 spells (cantrips).
►Detect Magic [Div]
► Detect Poison [Div]
► Mage Hand [Trans]

Level 1st spells.
► Locate Water [Div]
►Magic Missile [Evoc]

drack
2014-09-19, 12:36 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop dusts himself off as he rises from the comfortable sand fort and attends to his mules, making sure his apprentices had at least done that much right. :smalltongue:

DrK
2014-09-19, 02:17 PM
Heru rises early, prayers and a careful meditation of the desert all around helping him prepare. The small wound he had taken mostly scabbed over during the night. Ready to move? Best get moving before sun rises too high and the burning begins?

Looking at the map he nods in a direction across the sandy waste. That way aye.

dantiesilva
2014-09-19, 08:17 PM
With the mules packed up properly, and everything double checked by Hogglemop, you all start your long journey back on track towards the second Pharaoh's tomb. It is still early, barely 7am if you were to guess so thankfully it had not gotten to hot yet, however all knew in a few hours the heat would begin to burn any unprotected skin. And the eyes of all those who were not wise enough to buy gear to protect their own. By nine you had barely made any progress due to the fact you had to track a mile in the direction you came from yesterday to begin heading in the right direction, however whether it be an hour of rest or no shelter one could not truly say which was worst in the desert. And so with Khro'na swimming ahead of all of you slightly you all have a pleasant enough time on the walk.

About 9:30 you all noticed some strange ruins off in the distance, nothing big enough to explore, but enough to notice that something once stood there as you saw the columns standing up out of the sand. And hidden in the shadows of the columns you could all see 4 tiny scorpions eatting from what appeared to be a human skull, their pincers tearing away pieces of meat.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=85702)

Scorpion 1
Khro'na
Scorpion 4
Scorpion 2
Hanu
James
Hogglemop Poggletop
Heru-Ra
Tiny Scorpion 3

Bold may act now, scorpions have not noticed you.

drack
2014-09-19, 08:23 PM
Hogglemop Poggletop Jabs his formerly hasty apprentice in the shoulder. "You see, now's your chance to be a better man, to let them run away or stay huddled on their skull before you go charging in like a maniac. Lets walk on and if they think to follow us we'll melt them in their shells." Somehow the mage made it sound as if it were as simple as shaking a hand to melt a creature alive, as if it were simply that commonplace.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-19, 09:06 PM
"Yeah, I'm pretty sick of scorpions. Best to save our energy 'til we need it I say." Hannu concurred with the mage. "Just watch, with our luck, they'll be an enormous scorpion waiting for us when we finally get to the damn pyramid!" He shook his head.

drack
2014-09-19, 09:19 PM
"No, it will be a dragon, a golden one of indescribable evil." Hogglemop Poggletop assures his comrade. Spiders baked too easily, if they were to get a worse fate it would be a dragon with fire of it's own, whos hide would be hard even for so grand a mage to singe.

DrK
2014-09-20, 01:25 AM
Heru looks at the skull. Fresh looking. Maybe others near the ruins or some good looting. A few stones or arrows may drive them off?
He squints trying to see any details or glints of metal.

Spot [roll0]

Yael
2014-09-20, 01:37 AM
James interrupts softly the mage. I agree on not picking this up that open. Also, we are open here, ready for another soft fall to the deeps of another family of vermin. But I am highly curious on the ruins... James shakes his head. No, I'll follow. Let's try not to get too close. After his opinion was given, his curiosity didn't help that much. I'm just going to try this. Said finally as he closed his eyes, and said some words that should be interpreted as magic.

James moves to G9.

Cast Detect Magic as a 60 feet cone (Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=85710)).Level 0 spells (cantrips).
► Detect Magic [Div]
► Detect Poison [Div]
► Mage Hand [Trans]

Level 1st spells.
► Locate Water [Div]
►Magic Missile [Evoc]

DrK
2014-09-21, 04:18 AM
Heru moves a little closer, there's something there or my aged eyes are lieing. Skull looks fresh to still have flesh on. Best know who else is out here.

Pacing closer he begins to slowly circle the ruins, club and shield in hands as he tries to see if the ruins hold any signs of something interesting or any further chambers to explore. The vulture circles overhead keeping alert to any more danger.

Heru [roll0]
Anubite [roll1]

dantiesilva
2014-09-21, 02:42 PM
As Hogglemop Poggletop addresses his apprentices they all look at him before pointing at the four scorpions in the distance. You know just because your our teacher it doesn't mean we don't have common sense. Just look at the last fellow who went over their, they are having him for dinner from what it looks like. A few day old dinner, but still dinner. Only an idiot would think that it would be best to charge in and attack. The oldest of them says, as they all shake their head and nod. However they do all take their slings out as they follow you trying to avoid the creatures as if they were afraid something bigger lurked underneath the sand, after all they were such small things, how could they bring down anything?

And as the odd mage and his apprentices begin to move on Hannu can not help but agree, having his fair share of scorpion last night, both for dinner, and battle. It seemed as if he was even starting to develop a paranoia when it came to them. Then again it could also be from hanging around Hogglemop longer then his brain cells could handle as the two went back and forth on what would await them at the pyramid, as if the child of a god was not bad enough.

However while the others choose caution, Heru choose to step forward towards the ruins wondering what the few rocky pillars and body could be hiding. And so as curiosity took hold the man threw a rock in the direction of the scorpions direction. And while it landed harmlessly in the sand, they were now aware of you all, and did not look at all happy as their claws snapped open and closed again as if they were communicating. James however as a wizard wished to learn more about these ruins, and wondering if they held any magic used one of his spells to pierce into the sand itself as well as the ruins to determine if there was anything there. Yet nothing seemed to come up with the spell. Perhaps whatever secrets these columns once protected was buried so deep only those who could swim in sand as if it were the sea could find it.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=85813)

DrK
2014-09-24, 12:07 AM
Heru froze watching the beasts unwilling to disturb them but his natural curiosity still leaving him unwilling to leave the ruins unexplored. He stood, watching, waiting ready to strike if one charged him.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-09-25, 12:53 AM
"Ei..." Came the exasperated sigh of Hannu "If they have loot, I'd be willing to take it. But it doesn't look like they have any." He shook his head then readied his bow. "I got your back if things get nasty, but don't get them mad, okay there Heru?

Yael
2014-09-27, 12:27 AM
I would go along with the "leave the nature alone" thingy, what if we just pass? Maybe there's some treasure there, but nothing magical that I could detect, at least.