PDA

View Full Version : What's That Spell!

TeslaJr
2014-08-30, 03:06 PM
I'm trying to remember the name of the spell that allows a wizard to change what spells he knows for the day for an xp cost. I think it had engine in the name.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-30, 03:11 PM
Spell engine, Spell Compendium.

Extra Anchovies
2014-08-30, 03:12 PM
I'm trying to remember the name of the spell that allows a wizard to change what spells he knows for the day for an xp cost. I think it had engine in the name.

I've heard that Spell Engine does that. But I've never understood exactly how it lets you switch out your spells prepared, it seems to just absorb nearby magic.

ETA: I'd been looking at the Magic of Faerun version, which is entirely different. Why, why, why would they make two spells at the same spell level, on the same class list, with identical names, but wholly different effects?

Fax Celestis
2014-08-30, 03:13 PM
That's the MoE spell of the same name. It has a completely different effect in SpC.

TeslaJr
2014-08-30, 03:14 PM
Spell engine, Spell Compendium.

That's the one. Thanks!

Fax Celestis
2014-08-30, 03:14 PM
ETA: I'd been looking at the Magic of Faerun version, which is entirely different. Why, why, why would they make two spells at the same spell level, on the same class list, with identical names, but wholly different effects?

Because they hate you.

TeslaJr
2014-08-30, 03:25 PM

Doesn't Wizards do that a lot?

nedz
2014-08-30, 04:22 PM
Doesn't Wizards do that a lot?

A Wizard did it is indeed the standard answer to anything which is otherwise inexplicable.

Socksy
2014-08-30, 05:16 PM
A Wizard did it is indeed the standard answer to anything which is otherwise inexplicable.

Well, this explains falling/jumping/going prone rules...