PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to PAX?

Togath
2014-08-30, 07:10 PM
As it says on the can, has anyone here been to PAX this year?
I've been thinking of trying to go... But am having trouble finding out if there's any tickets available.
I know they sold out.. but surely some of those tickets had to go to people planning to re-sell them?

Muz
2014-08-30, 09:59 PM
I've been thinking of trying to go... But am having trouble finding out if there's any tickets available.
I know they sold out.. but surely some of those tickets had to go to people planning to re-sell them?

One of these years I really SHOULD go to PAX. I've lived here in Seattle since I was 18. (But alas, not going this year.)

Where in Washington are you?

Togath
2014-08-30, 10:51 PM
Marysville... Moderate drive away.
Enough so that I've been trying to ask around to find out a: are there tickets, and b: what price ranges are people reselling them for?*
*If they're above about 70-80$ for a one day ticket, I'll probably skip this year

I am still amazed that they sold out in the first hour this year, even with people buying them to resell them at a higher price.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-08-30, 10:59 PM
Considering that the LCS Playoffs are being held at PAX I'm not really surprised they sold out so quickly. On-topic I haven't been to PAX ever (living in another country does that to you), but I wish I could go :smallfrown:

Togath
2014-08-31, 04:49 PM
Ended up with things coming up..
Hopefully tickets wont sell out as fast next year:smallsmile:
(also; I realized the biggest thing I was going there for was probably the LoL skins.. which I could probably get later on)

AgentofOdd
2014-08-31, 10:25 PM
Yea during the convention itself, it's difficult to buy tickets online. I've seen one person on the Pax Enforcer forum selling a Monday pass, but that's about it. I've occasionally seen scalpers outside PAX (well PAX East) selling tickets though. Course either way, you'll probably want a black light on you to verify authenticity.

Also, unfortunately, I think the trend is passes have been selling out more and more quickly every year. It's kind of disheartening.

Tebryn
2014-08-31, 11:01 PM

I went to PAX East with a gaming company this year and it was a total blast. One of the most insane, loud, claustrophobic experiences of my life that I wouldn't trade for anything. If you can get in, you should go. I'm technically Press so it being sold out won't ever be a problem for me. I almost went to Prime this year but money was a problem. I will be going to South next year for sure.

Dragonus45
2014-08-31, 11:41 PM
So, if anyone here did manage to make it to PAX, they should totally get me a code for EVOLVE that game is looking amazing and the online codes are going in seconds.

I'll probably only ever be able to make it to PAX east myself, it's in the area of a few family members I could room with and PAX itself is to far out of my way to make it to at least for the moment. It is on my bucket list though.

Togath
2014-09-01, 02:28 AM
Time unfortunately was the killer for me(too much stuff happening tomorrow for me to go there looking for tickets, up to and including the fact that the traffic will be a nightmare).
Hopefully I'll make it next year:smallsmile:.

Tebryn
2014-09-01, 03:54 AM
Time unfortunately was the killer for me(too much stuff happening tomorrow for me to go there looking for tickets, up to and including the fact that the traffic will be a nightmare).
Hopefully I'll make it next year:smallsmile:.

It's seriously wild. Working the booth was a lot of fun, I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much otherwise. Getting to hang out with people was also a lot of fun but that was outside the convention center. Boston is a cool town to hang out in. Imagine Seattle is too, really want to make it to Prime next year.

Palanan
2014-09-01, 08:47 PM
...what is PAX?

And where is PAX South next year?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-09-01, 08:57 PM
Penny Arcade Expo, basically a purely gaming focused convention.

Tebryn
2014-09-01, 09:28 PM
...what is PAX?

And where is PAX South next year?

San Antonio