PDA

View Full Version : need idea help VoP sorcerer malconvoker

morkendi
2014-08-30, 10:27 PM
Just an idea that i feal should work, but yet to find a build i really like. Just shooting it out there for ideas as i got the ok from dm to try it. Basically a 10th lvl build with free 2la if i want it. 32 point buy and no third party books. Any ideas?

Jeff the Green
2014-08-30, 11:07 PM
Won't work. Summoning evil outsiders is still an evil act even with Malconvoker, so the moment you do you lose VoP.

Pan151
2014-08-31, 01:51 AM
Won't work. Summoning evil outsiders is still an evil act even with Malconvoker, so the moment you do you lose VoP.

Depends how the DM interprets Unrestricted Conjuration.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-31, 02:00 AM
Book of Exalted Deeds, page 10, top of the right column:

Evil characters, however, typically join adventuring parties for
purely selfish reasons. Paladins, of course, are prohibited from
associating with evil characters, but other exalted PCs should
also steer clear of evil companions, unless the evil character
is attempting to reform herself and making progress toward
neutrality at least.

Paladin Code of Conduct:

Associates
While she may adventure with characters of any good or neutral alignment, a paladin will never knowingly associate with evil characters, nor will she continue an association with someone who consistently offends her moral code. A paladin may accept only henchmen, followers, or cohorts who are lawful good.

While exalted characters don't exactly have a RAW prohibiting them from associating with and working with evil creatures (which would include summoned creatures), they're actually held to a higher standard than Paladins are, so be sure to check with your DM before going this route.

morkendi
2014-08-31, 05:58 AM
We interpreted the unrestricted summons as it reads, can cast spells of the conjuration school without it effecting the alignment. Character would not be able to cast anything else with evil description. It states that a malconvoker must be good. If it doesn't effect alignment at all, why would it stop him from being exalted. It would depend more on what he did with the summons. Also, there are good things on the summons list as well for each level as well as summoning celestials instead of demons and devils.

Jeff the Green
2014-08-31, 01:30 PM
We interpreted the unrestricted summons as it reads, can cast spells of the conjuration school without it effecting the alignment. Character would not be able to cast anything else with evil description. It states that a malconvoker must be good. If it doesn't effect alignment at all, why would it stop him from being exalted. It would depend more on what he did with the summons. Also, there are good things on the summons list as well for each level as well as summoning celestials instead of demons and devils.

It says you're not in danger of your alignment changing—i.e. it's not a slippery slope. It does not make summoning evil creatures an Evil act. So, again, you fall as soon as you summon one.