PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a RSoP

CovaDax
2014-08-31, 02:40 AM
So my part made a couple terrible mistakes and we're likely to die soon, so we're making PC's in advance. Our old Party was a Rogue/Swash, Sorcerer, Cleric, and me as a "Paladin" (Cleric) so our new comp is more like Orc Fighter, Warblade, Beguiler and me as a Cleric building to RSoP. I was hopeing some people could offer some build advice :).

I wanted to make a Gnome Cleric but I'm stuck on feats or a build path. My DM is very by the book so if there's a good build that doesn't do too much customizing that'd be ideal. We're currently Level 2 and in the middle of a dungeon.

My plan was to aim for DMM: Persist, as per the traditional Cleric build but that's a lot of feats that I probably won't get until much further down the road. Is waiting that long worth it? What should I do with two mega melees in the group, I keep being told not to take any combat stuff at all and just focus on healing...but i'm not so sure. Let me know :)

OldTrees1
2014-08-31, 02:53 AM
If you have Complete Champion, you can replace almost all of your healing with the Touch of Healing feat. Yes this can even replace the RSoP prestige class.

In combat your healing should eventually consist of the Delay Death spell (Spell Compendium) and Revivify (Spell Compendium) as needed.

At 2nd level you will want Cure Light Wounds memorized for in combat emergencies.
At 3rd level you can swap that out for using Touch of Healing powered by a reserved Cure Moderate Wounds.
At 4th level you can stop in combat healing (except in emergencies).
At 7th level you can throw Delay Death for in combat emergencies.
At 9th level you can throw Delay Death and/or Revivify for in combat emergencies.

CovaDax
2014-08-31, 03:04 AM
What other good feats are there if not going for DMM: Persist?

I don't want to just sit on the sidelines during battle to heal, but DMM:Persist seems to be the only thing I see people talking about lol.

OldTrees1
2014-08-31, 03:36 AM
What other good feats are there if not going for DMM: Persist?

I don't want to just sit on the sidelines during battle to heal, but DMM:Persist seems to be the only thing I see people talking about lol.

Well you could go for DMM:Persist. Nothing is stopping you. Sure you would want to delay it 1 feat so you can take Touch of Healing but otherwise you could take the Extend Spell, Persist Spell, Extra Turning and DMM Persist. Since you are not a human that would be 12 level/6th level with 2 flaws. Probably not worth it if you have to wait 10 levels.

During battle you would probably be casting spells or whacking things with your Mace. Sculpt Spell would help with the casting. Power Attack would help with the whacking.

CovaDax
2014-08-31, 02:00 PM
Yeah I'm thinking about it, we're all kind of new and I'm not sure what kinds of feats there are that are worth taking at low level. My group only knows enough to recommend healer stuff, but I wanted to know if there were feats that would let me be a bit more than just a healer.

CovaDax
2014-08-31, 04:18 PM
Can anyone suggest some good feats other than DMM feats?
Especially for early levels?

CovaDax
2014-09-08, 01:52 AM
I know this thread died a while ago, but we're confirmed to start these new characters.

If flaws are allowed i'm gonna rush DMM: Persist, but in the high offchance we're not I could use some more Feat advice. :)

Curbstomp
2014-09-08, 02:26 AM
Augment Healing Feat, If you want to be able to heal your party this will give you a little more bang for you buck.

Combined with the spell Vigor, Lesser will act like fast healing 3 on a target for 12 rounds at cleric level 2 for you.

At your 3rd character level you can prep Close Wounds which is a useful utility ranged heal particularly with the above feat. Restoration, Lesser is also needed but I would re-prepare that the following day or use a wand in most circumstances.

At your following class levels you can do even more as Augment healing stacks with any Conjuration (Healing) spell. Stay away from the cure spells.

You can always select Spontaneous Domain as an Alternate Class Feature which replaces traditional cure or inflict access with one of your domains for spontaneous casting. This will allow you to utilize your chosen domain spells instead of the prepped healing spells as needed. For example you could use the Wrath Domain for Rhino's Rush or the Time Domain for True Strike at 1st level spells. You will want to be sure that your domain remains relevant to your play-style throughout.