PDA

View Full Version : Iron Gods: Fires of Creation Team B IC

Benson
2014-08-31, 02:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oyNAnd7l.jpg

(Inspiring image)

Part 1: Fires of Creation
It had been eight days since the violet torch atop Black Hill went out. Rumors and gossip spreading like wildfire with the town council doing their best to keep citizens from outright panicking in the streets. Faced with other problems such as figuring out how to handle their refuse and waste with the torch now out, they have had a lot on their plates. It was not made easier with Councilor Khonnir Baine having had gone missing two days prior, his expertise would have been greatly valued. To add more troubles to their ever growing list, in the past week there have been increased reports of townsfolk experiencing splitting headaches. Many have flocked to Jhestine Imierin at Tempting Tonics in hopes of a quick fix to their headaches.

The day before on Oathday, the Council had themselves their weekly meeting where they agreed to the reward of four thousand gold coins to any one or party that could find and bring back their missing councilor, along with a scroll of resurrection should he be brought back alive.

Place: Torch

Day: 21 Fireday (Friday) of Arodus (August)

Time: 12:00 pm

On a hot day like today, Crowfeather Lake found itself being flocked by many townsfolk trying to figure out a way to beat the heat. Others sought cold drinks whether at the Copper Coin where the Rimos siblings were hard at work with a new dessert creation involving barrels of ice and several gallons of milk. Or the Foundry Tavern where one could enjoy a nice cool breeze indoors, courtesy of Khonnir Baine and a device of his own invention. Such a little invention made the Foundry Tavern quite a popular place attributing a reason to why it was always packed.

At the moment young Val, Khonnir Baine's adopted daughter would be found doing her best in keeping things running, making sure serving wenches did not neglect patrons or that the bartender didn't fill mugs too much that ale spilled over. She sported a clear look of distress on her face though one could bet it was not simply just due to being overworked right now. "Oh by the brow of Brigh..." She would puff her cheeks and run her hand through her thick, hay colored hair as she heard the sound of someone breaking a plate.
---
But more importantly, what were our soon to be heroes up to on this particularly hot afternoon?

Altan Waywalker
2014-08-31, 03:39 PM
'Crows, this is bad.' Dagnan idly thought as he hurried through the town towards the Foundry; after getting the gist of the situation from Iven's stableboy Tarl, he made straight for where his sister Val would be, hoping she would know more about all this. 'Two expeditions dead, and more just vanishing, including Khonnir's. If the old man's in trouble...' Dag pushed that line of thought away, and picked up the pace.

Entering the tavern, Dagnan threaded his way through the mass of people and called out: "Val!"

Wiccanrogue
2014-08-31, 07:55 PM
Man, it's packed today... maybe I should head back to the forge... maybe even home? Zera thought to herself, as she sat at the Copper Coin with an ale in hand. Maybe I've had a bit to much of these as well... she pondered, staring into the mug.

Koryander
2014-08-31, 10:56 PM
"Walks on the beach
Days in the sun
Swims in the ocean
Come on every one
You know you enjoy it!"

The Tiefling sang while strooolling down the street, seeming to not have a care in the world! She somewhat clumsily walks into a pair of passerby's, apologizing all the while.

"Ooopah! Sorry! Sorry, in a rush to town hall on this GLOOOORIOUS, burning hot day."

The passerby's could only shake their head in confusion as Ishya shrugged, continuing her song.

"Whether you’re younger or older
So have a good time
Before the weather gets colder
Splash in the ocean
Dive with the sea
Don’t hide from the fun
Come here and you’ll SEEEEEEEEE-...!"

The tiefling practically danced into the impressive building. Suddenly all eyes were upon her.

'... Ooops. No, no I have to finish.'

"... That the summer times the perfect time for me! Hey!"

No clapping. Tough crowd.

"Sooooooo... I heard someone was lost."

Recherché
2014-09-01, 01:48 AM
<Memory Fragmentation at 97%>
<virtual memory exhausted: Nicht genügend Hauptspeicher verfügbar>
<Attempting to recompile>
<A black silk stained with dripping silver liquid>
<Unit 32, report to Red sector!>
<VB6 error. Restart unit? Data will not be saved.>
<Unit designation _____?>
<I have to. I can't let them- This one she recognizes. Unit designation: Not Khonnir Baine. Its a klucge of a designation but it'll have to do. She knows its not his true name but still . . . Please? He reaches out his hand. Who is he to here? Is she his lover, his friend, his mentor? If you change your mind later . . . You know what I'll be calling myself Why does he ask? She already knows the answer both in this self and the other self. K.B. she says in a voice that both not her own and the voice she has always had.>
<Unit designation _____?>
<Warning Memory Fragmentation at 98%>

"Whether you’re younger or older
So have a good time
Before the weather gets colder
Splash in the ocean
Dive with the sea
Don’t hide from the fun
Come here and you’ll SEEEEEEEEE-...!"

The tiefling practically danced into the impressive building. Suddenly all eyes were upon her.

Lacuna wakes with a start. No wake is not exactly the right word; To wake would first require that she sleep. Still she comes out of her trance into full alertness. At any other time she would have retrieved her journal and begin writing down the flashes she had seen during her meditations but . . .

'... Ooops. No, no I have to finish.'

"... That the summer times the perfect time for me! Hey!"

"Sooooooo... I heard someone was lost."

Lacuna unfolds herself from the chair in the corner of the room still hugging the cloak close to avoid revealing herself.

Correct. Unit Designation: Not Khonnir Baine cannot be located at this time.

Sh starles herself slightly with the words coming out of her mouth.

No wait that's not the way that I would say it. That's a machine's response.

We are a machine.

I am a person!

The android recalibrates her voice, trying to sound more human.

I don't know where he is either. Last information is that he was going down into the caves below the town with a small team. If . . . if he does not return shortly I fear that I may have to go down there myself to look for him.

Benson
2014-09-02, 11:28 AM
@Altan Waywalker @ The Foundry Tavern

Dagan would see his dear Val slowly look up from a broken plate she was sweeping up as he disgruntled expression transformed into one of relieved joy. She then quickly shoved the broom and tin dust pan into the hands of some now confused patron who had simply been walking by to go take a leak outside. The fourteen year old ran and hugged her not by blood big bro and sorta nuzzled his chest in happiness while she hugged. She looked up at him and smiled with her big blue eyes looking a little teary. It just felt so good to see your family again.

"Dagnan.....it's so good ya see ya....don't know if ya know..but dad..." She sniffled a little and wiped at her misty eyes.
--

@Wiccanrogue @ The Copper Coin

"Care for another refill ma'am? Just another copper," A passing serving wench asked as she held out a large pitcher of what one could presume to be ale.

Besides Zera a table over, two drunk half orcs chatted among each other, digging into happily their spiced lamb. One of them happily chewing with his large mouth open. "Ya knows...wonder whut happensh to that guud-lookingsh woman with the p-purple hairsh? Don’t no one elsesh find it strange that she show up a few daysh before da torch went outsh, and dat no one’s scheen her since?"

His fellow half-orc looked over at and laughed. "Oi...ya git shuper paranoids when youse drunksh hahah." The other half-orc grunted and made a face of displeasure.

"I'ms sherioush..itsh weirds."
---

@ Koryander and Recherché @ Town Hall

The Town Hall was just as impressive on the inside as it was on the outside. Nice carved stone work mixed in with a strange material that acted as trimming to the stone work.

It was a material known as glaucite, normally found in Numerian Ruins, a difficult material to work with without an intense heat source such as the (now defunct) torch atop Black Hill. This dull gray metal is an alloy of adamantine and iron.

The secretary who sat at her desk near the entrance of the Town Hall glanced up from her trashy romance book according to its gaudy cover. She looked about as interested in Ishya's antics as an ogre inbred was into reciting lengthy Taldan military history.

"May I help you?" She asked in a very bored tone.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-02, 03:10 PM
"Care for another refill ma'am? Just another copper,"
Zera thought about it, then remembered what happened the last time she got drunk before dark. No thank you ma'am. Few to many orcs for me to... she then heard the half-orcs nearby,
"Ya knows...wonder whut happensh to that guud-lookingsh woman with the p-purple hairsh? Don’t no one elsesh find it strange that she show up a few daysh before da torch went outsh, and dat no one’s scheen her since?"
What? Someone with purple hair, who might have something to do with all of this? I gotta check this out.
Excuse me, did you just say a woman with purple hair went missing right after the torch went out? she asked, not bothering with trying not to sound rude.
She's paid for and drank 6 ales.

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-02, 05:13 PM
"Dagnan.....it's so good ya see ya....don't know if ya know..but dad..."

Dagnan buried Val in another fierce hug, doing his best to comfort her; he was very protective of his younger sister, and never liked seeing her upset.

"Tarl told me what's happened so far. Dad will be alright; he's the smartest man and the strongest mage I've ever seen. No matter how bad it is, I just know Dad's still alive." In truth, Dagnan said this not just to soothe his sister's fears, but his own as well.

"Listen, I'm going to join the next volunteer party, find Dad, and help him fix all of this. Val, before he disappeared, did he mention anything about his expeditions? Anything he found?"

Recherché
2014-09-02, 07:07 PM
---

@ Koryander and Recherché @ Town Hall

The Town Hall was just as impressive on the inside as it was on the outside. Nice carved stone work mixed in with a strange material that acted as trimming to the stone work.

It was a material known as glaucite, normally found in Numerian Ruins, a difficult material to work with without an intense heat source such as the (now defunct) torch atop Black Hill. This dull gray metal is an alloy of adamantine and iron.

The secretary who sat at her desk near the entrance of the Town Hall glanced up from her trashy romance book according to its gaudy cover. She looked about as interested in Ishya's antics as an ogre inbred was into reciting lengthy Taldan military history.

I believe the two of us would like to join the next expedition to try and find Baine. Do you have any information that could be of use?

Lacuna clenches her fists tightly observing the woman at the counter and hoping that she came off as relatively normal.

I think that's how humans are supposed to speak . . .

Koryander
2014-09-02, 08:06 PM

Ishya was shocked! SHOCKED! She just gave her best! That was her BEST. No swoon? No gasp? No clapping?!

"Okay I'm over it." She says out loud, with no context provided to anyone at all for what she just said.

"ANYWAY, I was wondering if you could.."

I believe the two of us would like to join the next expedition to try and find Baine. Do you have any information that could be of use?

Lacuna clenches her fists tightly observing the woman at the counter and hoping that she came off as relatively normal.

I think that's how humans are supposed to speak . . .

Ishya took a moment to digest what was said.

"Yes... WE would LOVE to do that."

She gives the receptionist the puppy dog eyes.

"We promise we'll be good if you give us the info! Actually, I'll be even BETTER if you could give me, like, a BIG ol' book on Technic League information. Because reasons."

Benson
2014-09-03, 03:23 AM
Zera at The Copper Coin

The serving wench nodded and went off to go check on other patrons. The two half orcs looked over at Zera with lopsided drunken smiles as she addressed them. "Yerrr..c-cute." The half orc who believed his friend was just paranoid said nodding approvingly.

The other half orc let out a belch and wrinkled his large nostrils. "...'cuse me....but...yeesssh...dat what me said....weirdsh right? Kinda cowinkidinkie yea?"
===
===

Dagnan at the Foundry Tavern

She sniffled a little, feeling a little comforted about his words about the wellness of their adopted father. She pulled away from the hug and took a moment to try to collect herself. "Yea actually...he and his group they found some weird mechanical looking thing...he described it as a robot. It doesn't seem to be alive or working so he kept in the house to tinker with later."
===
===

Koryander and Recherché at Town Hall

<Lacuna is successful in her Knowledge check, the information in the spoiled box, she is aware of>

The receptionist pulled away and made an expression as if though someone had just farted in her face.
"Ehh....ahem...uhm...you two will want to speak to Councilwoman Dolga Freddert, she is the one who has all the information about this.....She is currently in her office...through those doors.." She pointed to a pair of double doors to the right of her. "Her office has a nameplate on the door...with well her name."

Recherché
2014-09-03, 04:23 AM
Lacuna gently tries to grab Ishya's hand and pull her along as she follows the directions to Freddert's office.

I did it wrong, didn't I? Human interaction is so hard especially when I first wake up. It's so complicated! What did I do wrong? Was it the cloak or maybe it was tone of voice or phrasing . . . Maybe I should go back and try it again . . .

The tall woman speaks in muttered whispers to herself as she shuffles.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-03, 08:28 AM
"Yerrr..c-cute."
Uhm, thanks? Zera replied, raising a eyebrow to avoid grimacing.

"Belch!" "...'cuse me....but...yeesssh...dat what me said....weirdsh right? Kinda cowinkidinkie yea?"
Yeah, a cowinkidink. Thank you! Zera grinned, I can play nice, right? went through her mind as she took her leave. Maybe someone more sober will have an idea...
Diplomacy to follow up on the drunk half-orc's information [roll0]

Benson
2014-09-04, 03:13 AM
Zera

In Zera's snooping around and asking about a purple haired woman, one name did come up regularly, Garmen Ulreth. He was the proprietor of the Silverdisk Hall, a gambling hall where many folks went to strike it rich only to come home with empty pockets. Apparently one townsfolk saw them talking together and that was about it.

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-04, 01:43 PM
"Yea actually...he and his group they found some weird mechanical looking thing...he described it as a robot. It doesn't seem to be alive or working so he kept in the house to tinker with later."

Dagnan internally debated for a moment; 'I need to get to the town hall as soon as possible, but whatever Dad found might give some clue as to what's beneath Torch.'

Making up his mind, he said to Val: "Ok, I'm going to go look over this 'robot' Dad found real quick, then I'm heading over to Town Hall."

Dagnan gave his sister another big hug. "Don't worry Val, I promise to bring Dad back; everything will be alright."

After saying his goodbyes to Val, Dagnan went down to Khonnir's workshop, where the inert machine lay. Focusing his attention, Dag began studying it, trying to discern any useful information the mechanical being might offer.
Craft(Mechanical): 1d20+7
Knowledge(Engineering): 1d20+10

Edit: messed up the dice rolls, posted new set in OOC thread.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-04, 03:08 PM
Damn... of course it'd be there... Might as well check it out. I can always book it if I see trouble coming my way. Zera headed towards the Silverdisk, keeping an eye out for anything unusual along the way.
[roll0]

Benson
2014-09-05, 11:25 AM
Town Hall

Eventually they would reach the office of the Councilwoman, a knock on the door would render a "Come in" from within.
--

Khonnir's workshop

The robotic creature is 5 feet tall and made of a gray and white metal-like polymer. Its three spiderlike legs allow it to navigate over broken terrain and rubble with ease. Its torso and arms and head are vaguely humanoid, with one blazing “eye” in the center of its head and a four-fingered hand on each arm. Bits and pieces of its chassis are missing, exposing the delicate circuitry within. After a few minutes of tinkering, the creature made loud and tortured grinding noises as it shifted and then clunked really hard as a stray jolt of electricity shot out.

<Dagnan should make a reflex save of 14 to avoid getting hit with an errant bolt for [roll0] damage>

It then sort of fizzed and appeared to be laying inert. Prior, as Dagnan had been tinkering away, from his limited knowledge on the strange tech he has seen and played with before, this creature seemed to function as something meant to fix other things, kinda ironic considering its own need of fixing.
======

Silverdisk Hall

On her way to the Silverdisk Hall, Zera would not see anything of note, just regular folk going about their business.

Silverdisk Hall is a fairly impressive looking two floored building on the outside. Standing by the gilded oak double doors were two surly looking bouncers/guards. They would however not give Zera difficulty, after all, the gambling hall did seek to win of your hard earn money away, easier done when you allow fools freely the opportunity to 'win'. Inside, twas filled with card tables and dice games along with a single roulette game. There was a bar that encouraged no drink limit, and a stage for various sorts of performances, at the moment some kind of burlesque show was going on with a rather pretty half-orc.

The gambling hall was busy with patrons gambling away their wages and with just general activity. There were more guards inside, watching, surveying, keeping patrons in check.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-05, 01:08 PM
Guess I should have asked what this damn guy looked like... urg... Zera thought, as she approached the bar and flagged the bartender, Excuse me, but I'm looking for someone. D'you think you could help me out? she asked, trying to be polite.
[roll0]

Benson
2014-09-05, 01:45 PM
Zera at the Silverdisk Hall

The bartender looked at Zera with piqued interest as he smoothed back his hair and walked over to her and leaned on his elbow which was propped on the counter. "Well well well, aren't you a pretty one heheh. Sure, I wouldn't mind helpin such a fine dame as yourself." He flashed her a lazy smile.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-05, 04:32 PM

The bartender looked at Zera with piqued interest as he smoothed back his hair and walked over to her and leaned on his elbow which was propped on the counter. "Well well well, aren't you a pretty one heheh. Sure, I wouldn't mind helpin such a fine dame as yourself." He flashed her a lazy smile.

Oh gods...
I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of Garmen Ulreth? I need to ask him something... Zera was trying her best to hide the annoyance she was feeling towards the bartender's reaction, while trying to maintain whatever it was that seemed to have worked so far.
[roll0]

Koryander
2014-09-05, 11:51 PM
Ishya blinks as Lacuna takes her hand. Shrugging, she begins to counter-drag the android into the office. Upon hearing the "Come in." ishya almost too eagerly does just that.

"SO. I heard there's a RESCUE to be had! Or at least a search and pray mission! Those are just as keen if you ask me."

With outstretched hands and dramatic flair, Ishya saunters in front of the councilwoman's desk.

"Well! WE are open for business! Inquiring minds wants to know all there is to know! About the Technic League, about Torch, about its secrets! You like secrets, right miss councilwoman?"

Benson
2014-09-07, 01:17 AM

The barkeeper's attitude shifted as he eyed Zera and went about cleaning a glass with a dish rag. "Mister Ulreth ain't here, come back another day."

Lacuna and Ishya at the Town Hall

Councilwoman Dolga Freddert was an elderly dwarven woman in teal robes with gold thread trimming, her white hair done in looping braids whose tips were braided into her hair. She sported the face of one who would tale no nonsense from anyone. She glanced up from her paperwork she had been looking over and furrowed her wrinkly brow.

"I have no way to answer that...inquiry if that is what you want to call it," Dolga bluntly replied with a raise of her brow. "Oh gods...I really ought to have my secretary screen those who want to come see me..."

"Any whom, how can I help you in a way I can understand what you are trying to ask?"

Recherché
2014-09-07, 02:20 AM
Lacuna pauses for a few seconds trying to calculate the words.

I believe that this one and I would like to try to find Unit Desgnatio: Not Khonnir Baine. The loud one is also requesting data on the Technic League from your memory banks. I would personally lile to request data on whether you have ever seen or heard me before . . . Wait I should probably take off the hood before asking that, but if I take off the hood . . .

The tall cloaked figure freezes in place like a statue before turning to face the other woman.

By the by what should I call you Loud One? Loud One does not seem like a proper unit designation and I need to start compiling a file on your interactions with other humanoids. I have not seen anyone else yet affecting your mannerisms and I must study them and integrate them into my protocols for social interactions

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-07, 10:04 AM
"Mister Ulreth ain't here, come back another day."
Meow... Zera thought as she eyed the sassy barman up and down.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to find a good time somewhere else... She replied with a sigh, half turning away as she did.
[roll0]
I'll be honest, I rolled a 1. I just messed up when I first posted my response.

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-07, 02:41 PM
[roll0]

Dagnan leapt back from the construct as a surge of electricity shot out; Luckily he avoided the stray bolt. Staring at the now inert machine, he pondered what he'd discovered from it.

'A machine that fixes other machines... could that mean there's other constructs under Torch? Maybe some sort of workshop? If that's what the other expeditions stumbled on...' Dagnan tried to puzzle it out, but kept feeling like a piece was missing.

Sighing, Dagnan exited the workshop. Though he might be able to study the robot some more, he'd used up enough time; he had to get to Town Hall and join the volunteer party to find Khonnir.

Hurrying through Torch, he quickly made it to his destination. Entering, Dagnan went straight to the clerk; she wasn't someone he recognized. "Excuse me, do you know who's organizing the search party?"

Benson
2014-09-07, 07:51 PM
Town Hall

Councilwoman Dolga looked at Lacuna with a mildly weirded out expression and then let out a low sigh. "I am gettin' too old for this..."

"I don't understand the question about the Technic League, I know just as much as anyone else under their oppressive thumb." Her thick brows quirked in a perplexed manner at the question. "They tax us far too much." At the moment Dolga was very confused by the two, she deeply sighed once more.

"Look, this is what I know and what I will tell you in regards to Councilman Baine. Khonnir’s team undertook the third and fifth expeditions under Black Hill, and it was on the fifth expedition—his second trip—that he went missing. From what he told us prior to his disappearance, there’s an underwater passage connecting some secret tunnels to Weeping Pond. Khonnir noticed a large number of human footprints on the pond’s banks—he was there the day the fires went out testing the water to ensure it hadn’t suddenly grown more toxic—and he realized that a sizable group of people had entered the pond but had not emerged."
--

Silverdisk Hall

The bartender quirked his brow and hmmm'd. "Really hun? That's what youse here for?" He asked in a tone that read clearly he didn't quite believer her. "That's awfully quite the high goal when there is a brothel not too far."
--

Town Hall w/ Dagnan

The clerk at the desk nibbled on her lip in clear sign that she was reading a juicy passage from her novel. Dagnan's sudden appearance startled her a bit as she quickly glanced up. She loudly cleared her throat to sort of separate herself from her reading.

"Ah...hmmm," She said flatly. "Well....there were two earlier....seeking a similar inquiry. They should be currently in meeting with Councilwoman Dolga."

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-07, 11:41 PM
"Ah...hmmm," She said flatly. "Well....there were two earlier....seeking a similar inquiry. They should be currently in meeting with Councilwoman Dolga."

"Thank you." Dagnan replied, and made his way to his destination.

'Makes sense that Dolga Feddert is organizing the search party; she's probably the most level-headed councilor in Torch right now.' Dagnan mused; he knew the elderly dwarf lady well enough, both by virtue of being Khonnir's adoptive son and by his visits to her foundry. If anyone was invested in resolving this mess, it was Dolga Feddert.

Reaching the door to her office, Dagnan could hear several voices within; 'Probably those two the clerk mentioned before.' He knocked thrice and called out:
"Councilwoman Dolga? It's Dagnan. May I come in?"

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-08, 06:19 AM
"Really hun? That's what youse here for?" "That's awfully quite the high goal when there is a brothel not too far."
Zera chuckled at his remark and replied, Now why would I pay for a good time, when there's a line to buy me drinks? There's no risk of failure on that anymore. Zera was grinning mischievously, knowing her words to be only half true. She finished turning from the sassy barman and stalked out of the Silverdisk. Maybe I over did it... crossed her mind as she looked around, not really knowwing where to go from there. He might be at Town hall. He has to be greasing a few palms now and then... As she thought this, Zera set her course towards the Town hall, still ever vigilant.
[roll0] the barman is sassy, I'm going to TRY and not make him hate me :smallwink:
[roll1]

Benson
2014-09-09, 02:34 AM
Town Hall

'Dagnan?....Someone sensible!' Dolga loudly cleared her throat. "Come in come in." She said to Dagnan from within the office.

Silverdisk Hall to Town Hall

Admittedly, the bartender did not know what to make of Zera, she is clearly a master of confusion-fu, he thought her cute but confusing in her words.

Along the way to Town Hall, Zera does not seem to catch much of note, mostly people going about their business. Twas a fairly long walk from the Silverdisk Hall to the Town Hall. She'd walk pass the Market Square catching sight of folks trying to sell her their wares, be it cuts of meat, baked goods, candles, or folks trying to peddle their weird looking sculptures made from scraps of metal and junk from the junkyard, twas a new fad in town....abstract art sculptures.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-09, 02:52 PM
Town Hall

'Dagnan?....Someone sensible!' Dolga loudly cleared her throat. "Come in come in." She said to Dagnan from within the office.

Silverdisk Hall to Town Hall

Admittedly, the bartender did not know what to make of Zera, she is clearly a master of confusion-fu, he thought her cute but confusing in her words.

Along the way to Town Hall, Zera does not seem to catch much of note, mostly people going about their business. Twas a fairly long walk from the Silverdisk Hall to the Town Hall. She'd walk pass the Market Square catching sight of folks trying to sell her their wares, be it cuts of meat, baked goods, candles, or folks trying to peddle their weird looking sculptures made from scraps of metal and junk from the junkyard, twas a new fad in town....abstract art sculptures.

Zera politely declined the odd shaped sculptures, claiming she had somewhere to be and not enough coin for such things, while double checking that her bauble was still in one of her pockets. Zera finally arrived at the Town Hall and noticed a woman sitting at the desk, and a man who seemed slightly familiar, but she couldn't name. So, instead of speaking up right away Zera stepped up behind the man and waited for her turn, somewhat shyly.

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-09, 04:14 PM

Dagnan stepped into the office, quickly taking notice of the other two women in the room besides Councilwoman Dolga. 'Not from Torch', he mused, 'it's nice to know there are others trying to help fix this.'

He faced the elderly dwarf matron and gave her a small bow of the head. "Lady Dolga." He addressed her, a habit he had never managed to quite grow out of. "I heard you were organizing the volunteers; I'm here to join the next expedition."

Turning to the other two ladies, Dagnan noted with curiosity their appearance. One was most likely human, though with her hood up he couldn't be certain. The other woman was a tiefling with some rather impressive horns; he had never met one before, but knew about the planar-touched somewhat from Khonnir's teachings. 'Interesting' Dagnan mentally shrugged; living in Numeria and interacting with it's myriad inhabitants gave him a very open mind, and he was quite accepting of others.

"Hello, my name is Dagnan; it seems we may be journeying together. May I inquire your names?"

Recherché
2014-09-09, 06:18 PM
"Hello, my name is Dagnan; it seems we may be journeying together. May I inquire your names?"

I too wish to join this expedition. Call me Lacuna.

The hooded figure extends a pale hand laced with gently glowing blue veins.

I'm not sure how much help I'll be. I haven't done anything like this before and while I have some skill at magic I don't think I have real survival or combat skills. I might be wrong about that though

Koryander
2014-09-09, 07:29 PM
Lacuna pauses for a few seconds trying to calculate the words.

I believe that this one and I would like to try to find Unit Desgnatio: Not Khonnir Baine. The loud one is also requesting data on the Technic League from your memory banks. I would personally lile to request data on whether you have ever seen or heard me before . . . Wait I should probably take off the hood before asking that, but if I take off the hood . . .

The tall cloaked figure freezes in place like a statue before turning to face the other woman.

By the by what should I call you Loud One? Loud One does not seem like a proper unit designation and I need to start compiling a file on your interactions with other humanoids. I have not seen anyone else yet affecting your mannerisms and I must study them and integrate them into my protocols for social interactions

Ishya slowly turned towards Lacuna. She had done it, Lacuna had done the impossible. Ishya opened her mouth for a moment, but couldn't formulate a response. She was....

Confused.

"I... don't know what a unit designation is. I also don't know why you would have protocols! You seem like a fairly free spirit to me! But you both may call me Ishya! Ishya Deacon, to be specific."

Ishya curtsies before the two women.

Councilwoman Dolga looked at Lacuna with a mildly weirded out expression and then let out a low sigh. "I am gettin' too old for this..."

"I don't understand the question about the Technic League, I know just as much as anyone else under their oppressive thumb." Her thick brows quirked in a perplexed manner at the question. "They tax us far too much." At the moment Dolga was very confused by the two, she deeply sighed once more.

"Look, this is what I know and what I will tell you in regards to Councilman Baine. Khonnir’s team undertook the third and fifth expeditions under Black Hill, and it was on the fifth expedition—his second trip—that he went missing. From what he told us prior to his disappearance, there’s an underwater passage connecting some secret tunnels to Weeping Pond. Khonnir noticed a large number of human footprints on the pond’s banks—he was there the day the fires went out testing the water to ensure it hadn’t suddenly grown more toxic—and he realized that a sizable group of people had entered the pond but had not emerged."

"Perfect! That's wonderful information! For I am, what you would call, a 'Field Operative and-or Agent of the Pathfinder Society'."

She nodded acutely to the pair. "Now! Most of the time my fellow Pathfinders would tell me 'Hey, Ishya, its best NOT to tell people that you're doing stuff like this! Cause some people won't appreciate it!'."

She suddenly gave Dolga a serious look, "But I'm not a liar. I'm looking for the Council's cooperation as I lead investigations. I have reason to believe that Black Hill, and finding this expedition... or at least what remains of it, will lead me on a path to a wealth of information that would be much to the society's benefit."

She looked over her new friend Lacuna very carefully, then back to Dolga. It was like Ishya was an entirely different person right now.

"As for the Technic League, perhaps if I scratch your back you can scratch mine. I'm sure that if I can help you, your... disdain for the League can somehow help me. Now then, I don't like to work behind people's backs, so I'm sure we can come to some understanding."

Reaching the door to her office, Dagnan could hear several voices within; 'Probably those two the clerk mentioned before.' He knocked thrice and called out:
"Councilwoman Dolga? It's Dagnan. May I come in?"

As the door began to open, Ishya IMMEDIATELY turned around, smile beaming from ear to ear.

"HELLO there!"

Recherché
2014-09-09, 07:45 PM
"I... don't know what a unit designation is. I also don't know why you would have protocols! You seem like a fairly free spirit to me! But you both may call me Ishya! Ishya Deacon, to be specific."
[/B][/COLOR]

Unit Designation is your . . . identification. I guess that would be the best term for it; it makes more sense in Androffan. And my protocols are what govern how I act, I think others have them too though I think they are less explicit. I wish to learn from you the ways of humanoid interaction and society.

The cloaked woman's voice sounds tentative and her hood moves as though her head is tilted.

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-09, 09:47 PM
(Earlier, as Dagnan enters the councilor's office:)

As the door began to open, Ishya IMMEDIATELY turned around, smile beaming from ear to ear.

"HELLO there!"

Dagnan froze for a moment, surprised by the exuberant woman before him. 'Well, she's... happy.'

"Hello to you. If you'll pardon me for a moment." He then turned to speak to Councilwoman Dolga.

(Continue with my post before this one.)

I too wish to join this expedition. Call me Lacuna.

The hooded figure extends a pale hand laced with gently glowing blue veins.

I'm not sure how much help I'll be. I haven't done anything like this before and while I have some skill at magic I don't think I have real survival or combat skills. I might be wrong about that though

Dagnan smiled slightly; "Any help is appreciated, and I believe magic will be of great value in this endeavor. As for survival, I've delved a fair amount of ruins in these lands, and picked up a knack for such skills. Combat... At this he shrugs his shoulders a bit "We'll simply have to avoid what we can."

Benson
2014-09-10, 03:07 AM
Town Hall w/ Zera

After Dagnan went entered the double doors, the clerk turned and looked at Zera with a low groan. "Lemme guess..." She said flatly. "You want to go form and or join an expedition party to search for Khonnir Baine and or etc? Just follow the young man who just went through those doors." Apparently she really wanted to get back to her smut. Some people, sigh.

Town Hall w/ everyone else!

Dolga wanly smiled at Dagnan and nodded her head at the lad. She then glanced over to Ishya and raised her brow.

"I am not entirely sure what you are trying to implicate there in regards mutual back scratching, what are you trying to ask of me?" If Zera was a master of confustion-fu, Ishya was grandmaster-master of confusion-fu.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-10, 09:10 AM
Town Hall w/ Zera

After Dagnan went entered the double doors, the clerk turned and looked at Zera with a low groan. "Lemme guess..." She said flatly. "You want to go form and or join an expedition party to search for Khonnir Baine and or etc? Just follow the young man who just went through those doors." Apparently she really wanted to get back to her smut. Some people, sigh.

Town Hall w/ everyone else!

Dolga wanly smiled at Dagnan and nodded her head at the lad. She then glanced over to Ishya and raised her brow.

"I am not entirely sure what you are trying to implicate there in regards mutual back scratching, what are you trying to ask of me?" If Zera was a master of confustion-fu, Ishya was grandmaster-master of confusion-fu.

Err... thank you? Zera replied, not quite sure of what to think of her, and not knowing how to respond. Zera headed towards the indicated doors, with the thoughts I guess this will be a bit more useful, if we find Khonnir some problems will be solved. Hopefully... running through her head as she opened the door to find a man, a female tiefling, and a tall figure in a cloak all around a dwarven woman sitting behind a desk. Uhm, hello! Zera blurts out, smiling as she does so. I heard this is where the party is! That's right, smile and wave... the thought made her chuckle, turning her grin more genuine.

Recherché
2014-09-13, 03:11 PM
<Calculating>
<Probability of silence being considered awkward at 60.19%>
<Recommended course of action: inconsequential small talk>
<Protocols not found in Partition A>
<Protocols not found in Partition B>
<Error: Please reset unit>
<Error: Unit designation not found. Cannot save and reset>

After a few deep breaths Lacuna decides to go ahead and speak, missing protocols be damned.

This is where the group aiming to find the missing wizard is assembling, yes. Do we wish to depart soon? Time may be of the essence.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-13, 11:15 PM
<Calculating>
<Probability of silence being considered awkward at 60.19%>
<Recommended course of action: inconsequential small talk>
<Protocols not found in Partition A>
<Protocols not found in Partition B>
<Error: Please reset unit>
<Error: Unit designation not found. Cannot save and reset>

After a few deep breaths Lacuna decides to go ahead and speak, missing protocols be damned.

This is where the group aiming to find the missing wizard is assembling, yes. Do we wish to depart soon? Time may be of the essence.

It would probably be best, Torch aint going to wait forever, and if we want to find him alive... Zera quickly looked away at this point, If? Is there a question in it? Torch needs him alive... if there is no more reason than that. she then looked back at the group. I'm ready to go. Are all of you? she looked at the man, And don't I know you from somewhere?

Koryander
2014-09-14, 12:46 AM
"Mutual backscratching? Mutual BACKSCRATCHING! I mean getting Information, my good woman! What is Torch? WHY is Torch?! For what reason IS it Torch?! And if I help you, perhaps you can, you know, tell me everything you know about the Technic league, cause that'd be super great!"

Ishya swiftly turns around! Gasp!

"You are all CORRECT! There's no time to waste! We need to save this wizard guy! Because REASONS!"

She wraps her arm around Lacuna, vigor and confidence in her eyes. "We will give them, the enemy, whomever that is, the ol' one two! The ol' one two three four!"

Her eyes dart to Zera, homing into her new target.

"And YOU! You can tell me what this is all about, for the woman I just question seems disinterested in everything ever! And I need knowledge to succeed in our daring rescue! Now let us hurry as you fill me in on the way!"

Benson
2014-09-14, 01:29 AM
Town Hall

Councilwoman Dolga stood up quickly with a look of irritation and slammed her hands down against her desk, her gaze on Ishya. "Enough! Look, I am happy that you want to seek out Councilman Baine and will be more than happy to tell you lot what I know, but tone down the energy a bit. Right now is not the best of times to test my patience or start giving me a headache." She closed her eyes and placed her hand against her temple for good measure. "I am dealing with so much right now that I cannot keep up with hyper activity. Your hyperactivity." She opened her eyes and glanced at Ishya and shook her head, counted to three, took a few deep breaths and sat down. "I'm sorry...it's been very stressful.."

"Look...I will give you lot a writ that you can show to any of the merchants in town for a flat 20% discount on any gear you need to purchase—I wish I could offer a greater discount than that, but that’s the best I can do.

Finally, the entrance to the caves is flooded. You’ll need to swim a bit to get to the caves. Joram Kyte has agreed to cast water breathing on any group to aid in entering the caves—free of charge, of course. You can find him at the temple of Brigh or up at Crowfeather Palace when you’re ready to go.”

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-14, 09:07 AM
"Mutual backscratching? Mutual BACKSCRATCHING! I mean getting Information, my good woman! What is Torch? WHY is Torch?! For what reason IS it Torch?! And if I help you, perhaps you can, you know, tell me everything you know about the Technic league, cause that'd be super great!" "You are all CORRECT! There's no time to waste! We need to save this wizard guy! Because REASONS!" "And YOU! You can tell me what this is all about, for the woman I just question seems disinterested in everything ever! And I need knowledge to succeed in our daring rescue! Now let us hurry as you fill me in on the way!"
Oh dear... she's a bit... excited. Zera

Town Hall

Councilwoman Dolga stood up quickly with a look of irritation and slammed her hands down against her desk, her gaze on Ishya. "Enough! Look, I am happy that you want to seek out Councilman Baine and will be more than happy to tell you lot what I know, but tone down the energy a bit. Right now is not the best of times to test my patience or start giving me a headache." She closed her eyes and placed her hand against her temple for good measure. "I am dealing with so much right now that I cannot keep up with hyper activity. Your hyperactivity." She opened her eyes and glanced at Ishya and shook her head, counted to three, took a few deep breaths and sat down. "I'm sorry...it's been very stressful.."

"Look...I will give you lot a writ that you can show to any of the merchants in town for a flat 20% discount on any gear you need to purchase—I wish I could offer a greater discount than that, but that’s the best I can do.

Finally, the entrance to the caves is flooded. You’ll need to swim a bit to get to the caves. Joram Kyte has agreed to cast water breathing on any group to aid in entering the caves—free of charge, of course. You can find him at the temple of Brigh or up at Crowfeather Palace when you’re ready to go.”
Thank you, ma'am. Is there anything that I could do to ease your stress a bit? I know a guy who gives the best massages! Zera offered, only good intentions in mind. And yes, I could offer you a bit of information on Torch, although if you want the whose who, you'd need to talk to my Father. Or, anyone else really. If it's weapons or armor you guys need, I know a place. The best place! Yes, follow me! I happen to know where the temple is,as well. It's not that far from here.
For once, walking town to avoid people is coming in handy!
After everyone received the writs Zera led everyone out of town square.
[roll0]

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-15, 04:43 PM
After speaking with Lacuna, Dagnan glanced at the new arrival. He realized he recognized her, having seen her around Torch. "'What was her name... Zera! That's it!' Her parents were local blacksmiths, and he'd seen her at the smithies many times while passing through; he'd only ever seen her forge something once or twice though. 'She's the only person I know in Torch who owns a pistol.' He'd noticed her practicing with the firearm a few times whilst returning from his scavenging trips; she was rather good with it the last time he saw. 'Well, at least I'll be familiar with someone in this party.'

It would probably be best, Torch aint going to wait forever, and if we want to find him alive... Zera quickly looked away at this point, If? Is there a question in it? Torch needs him alive... if there is no more reason than that. she then looked back at the group. I'm ready to go. Are all of you? she looked at the man, And don't I know you from somewhere?

When she turned and asked him that, Dagnan chuckled internally. "Probably, though of late I've been in and out of Torch alot. I'm Dagnan, Khonnir's boy. Zera, right? The resident pistoleer." He smiled slightly at that. "I'm glad you're a part of this group. But I agree, we should head out soon."

After speaking with Zera, Dagnan quietly stood to the side of the room, waiting for the group to move out. He sympathized with Lady Dolga; the tiefling was extremely hyper, and the dwarf matron must be at her wit's end trying to deal with the whole situation. When they were given the writs, he thanked the councilwoman, then turned to the out-of-town members. "Zera and I can show you where we need to go, but we really shouldn't dawdle; we need to begin the search as soon as possible." 'Khonnir's been missing for several days already. I have to find him. he has to be alive; I promised Val.' Dagnan left his thoughts unsaid.

When they were ready, he bowed once more to Councilwoman Dolga, asked her leave, and followed the party out of Town Hall.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-15, 10:33 PM
After speaking with Lacuna, Dagnan glanced at the new arrival. He realized he recognized her, having seen her around Torch. "'What was her name... Zera! That's it!' Her parents were local blacksmiths, and he'd seen her at the smithies many times while passing through; he'd only ever seen her forge something once or twice though. 'She's the only person I know in Torch who owns a pistol.' He'd noticed her practicing with the firearm a few times whilst returning from his scavenging trips; she was rather good with it the last time he saw. 'Well, at least I'll be familiar with someone in this party.'

When she turned and asked him that, Dagnan chuckled internally. "Probably, though of late I've been in and out of Torch alot. I'm Dagnan, Khonnir's boy. Zera, right? The resident pistoleer." He smiled slightly at that. "I'm glad you're a part of this group. But I agree, we should get going soon."

With that, he bowed once more to Councilwoman Dolga and followed the party out of Town Hall.

Zera chuckled at that, and replied Yeah, it's nice to know I'm known for something besides my hair! she grinned at Dagnan, happy to know not everything said about me is bad still.

Koryander
2014-09-17, 11:43 PM
Town Hall

Ishya made a face, it wasn't... upset. More like Ishya's face was demoralized.

It didn't last long, of course, but still. It was enough to move Ishya.

"... Sorry. I know I can be a handful. But I'm a handful that's at least somewhat eager to fix your problems. I solemnly swear that henceforth, until things are less crazy, I will use indoor voices."

She looks to the now, assembled crew, then back to the good woman Dolga. "We will make things right dear, just you wait."

Ishya then turned towards Dagnan and Zera, bowing her deepest, most impressive bow.

"Comrades! The pleasure is all mine, but might I ask... did someone say adventure?"

Recherché
2014-09-18, 12:46 PM
Lacuna freezes up when the tiefling grabs her

<Accessing memory file >

It hurts so much. The helmet over her head makes the pain worse; with it blocking out sight and sound there’s nothing to focus on but the pain. The pain and the vague feeling that her mind is somehow being violated by the helmet.

But she can’t move, can’t scream. Mustn’t do anything of the sort. Her mind keeps flashing back to the masked surgeon’s instructions.

Squirm away from me and I’ll go ahead and scrap you for parts. I know the higher ups think you’re valuable for some reason but I doubt they’ll question too much if I tell them you died during the vivisection.

The last thing Lacuna remembers from before the helmet went on was the pile of body parts in the corner leaking the watery fluid that separated her kind from flesh and blood humanoids and the needle slipping into her arm filling her with a numbing pink solution.

Just when she thinks she can’t take it anymore that she’ll have to scream, the helmet beeps and is then removed. The surgeon pats her on the shoulder. Tells her that she’s such a good doll and that wasn’t so bad was it? Offers her a sweet like she’s a child. All Lacuna can see though is the blood, her own blood, staining everything and dripping into the chair.

After a few seconds Lacuna unfreezes with a start.

Please . . . please do not do that again. I . . . this one does not like it when it is touched unexpectedly. When it is not in control of the touch.

Lacuna barely manages to choke the words out and even then she defaults to the old programming speaking in the third person, because she is not a person. A tool for the League but not a person.

I am a person. Not an object. A person!

Benson
2014-09-18, 01:16 PM
A moment before Ishya leaves to join the others

Councilwoman Dolga faintly smiles and nods her head. "I do hope you do dearie...I would...well...the town would be more than grateful..good luck to you all."
====

Outside Town Hall where our adventurers assembled

(Feel free to talk to each other and eventually decide your next course of action as a group)

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-18, 03:07 PM
So, what will it be? Buy stuff, get our bubbles, or something else? Zera asked, once everyone was outside. I feel like I should be getting paid here... she thought, as a cheesey poster child grin spread a crossed her face and her arms extended to either side, like a weight used in banks.

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-20, 09:55 PM
When the party had exited Town Hall, Dagnan stared off towards Torch's peak, where the eponymous flame would be, losing himself in thought for a moment. He turned back towards the others when he heard Zera speak.

"I can't think of anything I need from the stores. I'll just need to get my pack donkey before we leave." Adressing Lacuna and Ishya he said: "If either of you need help finding your way around, I'd be happy to assist." Dagnan then gazed outwards once more. "But we mustn't tarry; We have to find Khonnir's expedition, and soon."

"We have to bring him back." He said softly, almost a whisper.

Recherché
2014-09-21, 06:51 PM
"I can't think of anything I need from the stores. I'll just need to get my pack donkey before we leave." Adressing Lacuna and Ishya he said: "If either of you need help finding your way around, I'd be happy to assist." Dagnan then gazed outwards once more. "But we mustn't tarry; We have to find Khonnir's expedition, and soon."

"We have to bring him back." He said softly, almost a whisper.

I do not require anything either and time is of the essence. However before we go there is something that you should probably see. In private.

Lacuna tries to guide the group to a secluded spot and then takes down her cloak revealing a blue haired doll like figure.

I am not precisely human as you see. Also the Technic League considers me their escaped property and may be coming after me. If that should occur then I do not expect you to defend me or the like. It is my problem and I shall deal with it.

Lacuna draws her hood up so that none may see the uncertainty on her face after that statement.

It should also be noted that as of this moment I am precisely 20.61 days old and if I do not understand many things that is the reason. I hope that you will bear with my ignorance.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-22, 01:57 PM
I do not require anything either and time is of the essence. However before we go there is something that you should probably see. In private.

Lacuna tries to guide the group to a secluded spot and then takes down her cloak revealing a blue haired doll like figure.

I am not precisely human as you see. Also the Technic League considers me their escaped property and may be coming after me. If that should occur then I do not expect you to defend me or the like. It is my problem and I shall deal with it.

Lacuna draws her hood up so that none may see the uncertainty on her face after that statement.

It should also be noted that as of this moment I am precisely 20.61 days old and if I do not understand many things that is the reason. I hope that you will bear with my ignorance.
Zera's gaze goes from curious to shocked as Lacuna lowers her hood, and then she appears annoyed at the mention of not fighting for her.Let me tell you something Lacuna, you are no one's property. If someone wants to take you where you don't want to go, they'll have to deal with my bullets! Zera exclaims, gaining some glances from people walking by. Don't worry about the Technic League, and don't worry about not understanding something. I'm 22 and still don't understand a lot. At this remark she grins, trying to ease the tension.

Koryander
2014-09-22, 07:30 PM
Zera's gaze goes from curious to shocked as Lacuna lowers her hood, and then she appears annoyed at the mention of not fighting for her.Let me tell you something Lacuna, you are no one's property. If someone wants to take you where you don't want to go, they'll have to deal with my bullets! Zera exclaims, gaining some glances from people walking by. Don't worry about the Technic League, and don't worry about not understanding something. I'm 22 and still don't understand a lot. At this remark she grins, trying to ease the tension.

"THE TECHNIC LEAGUE!"

Ishya declares! No, she exclaims!

"There will be no not defending you, my dear new friend! No, I shall defend you with my life! Because screw those guys! Screw them to screwsville! For now, we are a team, and teams look out for each other!"

Ishya does another deep bow to Dagnan, "I completely agree with you, we MUST bring him back. If your somewhat 'in the know', then I will follow your lead."

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-23, 01:38 AM

When Lacuna revealed herself, Dagnan stared wide-eyed for a moment, but fascination swiftly replaced his surprise. 'She must be an android... Khonnir spoke of them sometimes, but I never thought I'd have the chance to meet one.'

At the mention of the Technic League, though, Dagnan's mood noticeably changed: his jaw set and a calm but seething anger seemed to seep through him. "The Technic League are parasites and jackals. They hold no claim over anything, especially you. If any of those crow-begotten vermin come looking for you, they will find a steel bolt waiting for them." He pronounced with a cold conviction, a manner quite unlike his previous attitude.

Without thinking, he stated to Lacuna: "I swear to you, I will help you fight against the League; as long as I still breath, you shall be defended."

A moment later, it dawned on Dagnan what he had just so stridently said, and the fire within him quickly extinguished. He fidgeted awkwardly, embarrassed by his rather forthcoming declaration, unsure of what Lacuna's reaction would be.

Silently thanking Zera when she speaks up, Dagnan listened with appreciation as the gunslinger also pledged to help Lacuna. At Zera's last remark, he let out a small smile. "That makes three of us."

"THE TECHNIC LEAGUE!"

Ishya declares! No, she exclaims!

"There will be no not defending you, my dear new friend! No, I shall defend you with my life! Because screw those guys! Screw them to screwsville! For now, we are a team, and teams look out for each other!"

Ishya does another deep bow to Dagnan, "I completely agree with you, we MUST bring him back. If your somewhat 'in the know', then I will follow your lead."

'I think I'm going to get along very well with this lady Ishya,' Dagnan noted humorously. While still more excitable than he was normally used to, it was gratifying to know how deeply she seemed to care for others; also, it was good to know someone else felt the same towards the Technic League as he did, albeit in a much more vocal manner.

Turning to Ishya when she addressed him, Dagnan shook his head slightly. "Sadly, I know very little about all of this; I just recently returned home. All I know is that if my father is in trouble, then we shall have our hands full helping him out of it."

Recherché
2014-09-23, 12:33 PM
It takes Lacuna a few seconds to come up with a response. Tilting head with narrowed eyes she blankly asks.

Why? I can understand why Ishya would try to protect me; by delivering me to her superios for study she might gain favor. But why would the rest of you . . . You have nothing to gain from it and it might cause you injury or at the very least to expend resources. And it's not like I am indespensible in finding Not Baine. . . I . . . why?

She shrugs back even further into the hood retreating.

I only meant to reassure you that I would not be a burden.

Wiccanrogue
2014-09-23, 05:12 PM
It takes Lacuna a few seconds to come up with a response. Tilting head with narrowed eyes she blankly asks.

Why? I can understand why Ishya would try to protect me; by delivering me to her superios for study she might gain favor. But why would the rest of you . . . You have nothing to gain from it and it might cause you injury or at the very least to expend resources. And it's not like I am indespensible in finding Not Baine. . . I . . . why?

Zera was now in the heat of the moment, something that's gotten her into a lot of trouble before, Pft. A burden? I don't think anyone who wants to save someone else could ever be a burden! I have yet to meet a person Excluding me... whose a burden. You certainly won't be. In the least, I get to kick some butt for a good reason, instead of getting into bar fights. By the way... Are we in agreement that we don't need stuff from the stores? If so, we could meet up somewhere, I have to grab the rest of my stuff. You know, like armor! That would probably help soon. Unless you all want to hear my parents get all mushy, of course.
Or you know... hear them flay me alive for uprooting without even letting them know first... ran through her mind as she finished, already dreading the stop.

Altan Waywalker
2014-09-28, 12:39 AM

Concerned that he had upset Lacuna, Dagnan searched for the right words to say. After Zera had spoken he gave his response, more measured and softer than his previous declaration.
"As Zera said, you are not a burden; you are a person, deserving of every right that all people have. While I can only imagine what you must have endured in their custody, I know well the callousness of the Technic League; I have experienced first-hand their brutality, and seen similar many times after. I cannot stand by when the League ruins someone's life, not if I have the means to help prevent it from happening."

"You say we do not have anything to gain from trying to protect you; you're right. But you have something to gain; you gain the chance to choose your own way, to live your life freely and fully without having to fear or endure the League's cruelty. That is why I choose to help you, why I am willing to share in whatever hardships may come, why I will assist you against the Technic League for as long as need be: because you are a person, unique and faceted; you have the right to your own life, and no one should be allowed to try and take that from you."

Dagnan then went quiet, waiting to see what Lacuna's response would be. As he stood silently, he began to mentally note what he would need from his supplies, currently loaded on his pack donkey resting in the stables.

When we're finished here, Dagnan's going to go get his dungeoneering kit & crowbar, plus his bedroll and some food, from the stables; after that, he's ready to go.

Recherché
2014-10-02, 04:51 PM
Concerned that he had upset Lacuna, Dagnan searched for the right words to say. After Zera had spoken he gave his response, more measured and softer than his previous declaration.
"As Zera said, you are not a burden; you are a person, deserving of every right that all people have. While I can only imagine what you must have endured in their custody, I know well the callousness of the Technic League; I have experienced first-hand their brutality, and seen similar many times after. I cannot stand by when the League ruins someone's life, not if I have the means to help prevent it from happening."

"You say we do not have anything to gain from trying to protect you; you're right. But you have something to gain; you gain the chance to choose your own way, to live your life freely and fully without having to fear or endure the League's cruelty. That is why I choose to help you, why I am willing to share in whatever hardships may come, why I will assist you against the Technic League for as long as need be: because you are a person, unique and faceted; you have the right to your own life, and no one should be allowed to try and take that from you."

Dagnan then went quiet, waiting to see what Lacuna's response would be. As he stood silently, he began to mentally note what he would need from his supplies, currently loaded on his pack donkey resting in the stables.

When we're finished here, Dagnan's going to go get his dungeoneering kit & crowbar, plus his bedroll and some food, from the stables; after that, he's ready to go.

I still do not understand but I think that we should be moving. I will be heading towards the temple. I do no believe that I can breathe underwater, though I have not tested that theory yet. And I do not have anything that I am not already carrying or money to buy such things either. Something about running away at all speed.

Wiccanrogue
2014-10-02, 05:05 PM
Zera nodded at the group, Then we shall all meet up at the church! Until then, best of luck, worthy friends! she bowed, then headed towards home, intending a quick stop. After the stop, to the church! Who would have guessed? Me? Helping the city and going to church... I think someone will have to pinch me once this is over with...

Koryander
2014-10-02, 05:56 PM
Ishya practically squeaked! This was so exciting, ANOTHER adventure. Maybe this will be better than the last one? Or maybe it'll be slightly worse? Who knew?! But all in all, the pathfinder society could wait a LITTLE bit longer for their answers, because it was time to have adventure!

She could see it now, in fact!

---------------

"Ishya? You saved a BUNCH of people's lives. Now, I know this isn't what we told you to do, but you're a big damned hero. Have a high five, on the house! And this sack of money to bring your family! And I think Marcos Farabellus wants to give you a hug! You should probably go see him about that!"

The wall behind the grandmaster opened up, and there he was, Marcos Farabellus, Master of Swords! Prepared to give her a hug! Happy day!

---------------

And with that train of though, Ishya was absolutely convinced her goals now were WAY more important then immediately finding information on the Technique League for the society. She excitedly turned towards Lacuna. "I'm ready to go to the temple RIGHT NOW, so we can get this going! I'm already prepaired, no shopping needed! Varisian, you know. Pack Mules. So lets go go go!"

Benson
2014-10-03, 02:08 AM
<Alright, you all can just summarize what you do before meeting up at Joram's>

Temple of Brigh

Joram would be found in the Temple of Brigh in his workshop, tinkering with something of his own creation. He was a short, balding and squat looking man of Taldan descent with a friendly aura about him as he hummed away. He wore gold and white robes and sported a pendant of Brigh's holy symbol.

Upon noticing the group he would approach them with a friendly but weary smile, his arms a little outstretched. "Ah, greetings, have you come here to share in worship for The Whisper in Bronze?"

Koryander
2014-10-06, 05:57 PM
"I love me some Brigh to death!"

Declares Ishya! Sauntering into the Temple. "But actually I'm here meeting up with some friends before we go on glorious, glorious adventure."

She approaches Joram and makes a curious face, "Though, for what its worth, I've not done enough research on dear Brigh, which is something I should probably fix soon. Religion's not my strong point, but a goddess of invention is fairly neato indeed. So! What are you working on exactly? Something big, bad, and in charge? Or... something more practical?"

Altan Waywalker
2014-10-07, 09:40 PM
Having grabbed what he needed off his pack donkey in the stables, Dagnan hurried to the temple of Brigh, catching up to the others just as they entered the building.

Dagnan waited until Ishya was finished before making his own greeting to Joram; he was well-acquainted with the elder priest, and could trace his reverence of Brigh to the latter's ministries.

"Good to see you Joram, but unfortunately we can't join you today; we're preparing to go search for Khonnir, and find out why the flames have gone out. Dolga said you would be able to help us begin our search."

He turned to the rest of the party and said: "I'm ready whenever you all are."
Internally, Dagnan was impatient, near-desperate to start looking; he had to find his foster-father and bring him back; 'I promised Val he's alive, he has to be...'

Recherché
2014-10-08, 12:37 AM
Lacuna freezes and tries to look inconspicous.

<Searching memory files: Subject:Brigh>
<Error memory files corrupted>
<Recommend hard reset>
<Reset: y/n?>
<n>

"I love me some Brigh to death!"

Declares Ishya! Sauntering into the Temple. "But actually I'm here meeting up with some friends before we go on glorious, glorious adventure."

She approaches Joram and makes a curious face, "Though, for what its worth, I've not done enough research on dear Brigh, which is something I should probably fix soon. Religion's not my strong point, but a goddess of invention is fairly neato indeed. So! What are you working on exactly? Something big, bad, and in charge? Or... something more practical?"

Thank you for asking that Ishya. At least now I can pretend that I'm less damaged and that I know what in the hells is going on

<Query: What is "hells"?>
<Memory not found>
<Recommend hard reset>

Benson
2014-10-08, 12:07 PM
The kindly ol priest let out a warm chuckle. "Such energy...oh to be youthful again hahah." He smiled and shook his head. "No..nothing quite big bad and in charge....but I am working on a prototype lantern...a self lighting lantern, no oil or flame required. It simply runs on a single charged Silverdisc with just a push of a nob. In theory it will be able to provide much better illumination than an oil lamp."

When Dagnan appeared and spoke his words to him, the old priest bowed. "Right yes, indeed. I have been preparing many water breathing spells. I was informed that a large stretch of the tunnels are flooded quite heavily, so rather than having heroes like yourselves risk drowning, well you know." He reached underneath his work table and pulled out a rod. "I do hope you four can bring back Khonnir back...he is a dear friend of mine, and I would love to see him returned safe and sound."

Anyways, he will proceed to cast the spell on the each of you. "This will last you twenty four hours." He then looked at the group with a grim expression. "....Just so you know...no one will think less of you if things get too tough down there and you come back to lick your wounds....Better to retreat to try again then to push yourselves to death, understand?"

Wiccanrogue
2014-10-08, 02:35 PM
Zera sneezed as the old man cast his spell, Excuse me... Thank you! Although I don't think we'll need to come back. I mean, if it's down there it has something to do with the Torche. And if it has something to do with the Torche, I have a few questions for it to answer. she seemed to be teasing, but the iron in her words made that doubtful.

Recherché
2014-10-11, 07:00 PM
If we are no longer waiting on anything is there a reason that we are not proceeding?

Lacuna waits 8.36 seconds for a response before heading out the door and what she hopes is the right direction towards the caves.

Altan Waywalker
2014-10-12, 09:53 PM
Dagnan stands still as the spell washes over him. Thank you Joram, we'll be careful."

Seeing Lacuna start walking, he said goodbye to the priest and hurried out after the android.

The caves should be this way if I'm not mistaken." He offered, checking to see if the others had joined them yet.

Wiccanrogue
2014-10-13, 08:30 PM
Dagnan stands still as the spell washes over him. Thank you Joram, we'll be careful."

Seeing Lacuna start walking, he said goodbye to the priest and hurried out after the android.

The caves should be this way if I'm not mistaken." He offered, checking to see if the others had joined them yet.

Yep! That way! Zera proclaimed, ready to get going. If you want, I'll pretend to be a tour guide. You'd be amazed at how much you can get for that. That's how I paid for my armor, actually! she was chit chatting, trying to fill any silence with meaningless chatter. If there is no silence, there is no awkwardness, and no one can really think about dying! Right?

Koryander
2014-10-14, 08:02 PM
"A tour would be nice! You know, a tour that takes us to the cave of 'We may have to run away from'." Ishya said sing-songidly. "Which, mind you, IS a viable tactic, considering its one I've used before. Dying is a permanent show stopped... unless, you know, you're rich. Then you flash your diamonds around like a little bitch an-"

Ishya coughed and cut herself off.

".. Right. Lets not die. So! Is this like, a BIG cave? Or a narrow cave...?" She questioned, still following her fellows to the den of EEEVIL's location...

Benson
2014-10-15, 02:08 AM
Place: Torch- Weeping Pond

Day: 21 Fireday (Friday) of Arodus (August)

Time: 1:00 pm

After Joram gave them his personal thanks again for undertaking this task, the hasty four heroes set forth for large Weeping Pond. The bitter stink of sulfur and other chemicals waft through the air as the placid water looks less than inviting. Around you the rocky walls of the crescent-shaped escarpment loom over the vegetation-less surrounding. The water is fairly murky in some areas while others clear. Signs along the bank show old activity towards the eastern half, most likely that of previous expeditions. Time to get wet.

The entrance to the Black Hill Caves is via a 45-foot-long submerged waterway that connects the Weeping Pond of Torch to the caverns.

<DC 10 Swim check to successfully navigate these placid waters, or one can just take a 10 and take a little more longer to get through. Due to the water breathing, no one is in danger of drowning>

Wiccanrogue
2014-10-15, 06:04 AM
".. Right. Lets not die. So! Is this like, a BIG cave? Or a narrow cave...?"
Zera thought a moment on how to answer the question, without sounding condescending. Well, the cave is rather big,I guess. It's the only one that I've ever heard of that needs a entrance way of it's own. And the fact that people have gotten lost, kinda suggests that too... Bombed the whole not condescending thing... damn... After they reached the filthy waters, Zera asked with more than a little sarcasm, Ready to get wet? before diving in.
[roll0]

Recherché
2014-10-18, 04:33 PM
The android carefully folds up her concealing cloak and lays it by the side of the pond. Beneath itshe appears to be wearing an ill fitting outfit of thick silks studded with silver spikes that looks almost like armor.

I doubt anyone down there will care too much about what I looks like and I’d rather not be dragging around 30 pounds of sopping wet wool.

Lacuna gives as explanation.

On another note, would now be a good time to mention that I have absolutely no idea how to swim? Well at least I don’t think I know, I’ve surprised myself before.

Something of a sly smile comes on her face a second before she jumps into the water.

Attempting swim check: [roll0]

Koryander
2014-10-22, 12:16 AM
Ishya calmly dipped her big toe in, which was probably impossible with her boots on. But that's not stopped this gravy train before, and, satisfied at the waters temperature, she waded in.

Ishya had no idea how cold the water actually is, as it turns out boot in water didn't give a gauge of anything for anyone.

"C-COLD!" She squeaked as she swam for her life.

Despite her shenangins, Ishya rolled an 11! Barely success!

Altan Waywalker
2014-10-22, 10:43 AM
After they reached the filthy waters, Zera asked with more than a little sarcasm, Ready to get wet? before diving in.

"Not looking forward to it..." Dagnan mumbled as he prepared to enter the water, doing a quick double-check on his gear. "Thank Brigh my backpacks are waterproof."

[roll0]

Benson
2014-10-22, 12:14 PM
For what felt the the longest of times Zera floundered about in the water, finding herself with difficulty with breathing in the water and almost suffocating herself before finally breathing in the water for ease of swimming. Yay water breathing magic. Roland, Ishya, both after a moment hesitation were able to find themselves at ease with breathing in the water for ease of swimming. As for Lacuna....for an android who has never swam before, ever, she was like a river trout in the smelly water and took the lead in swimming to the next part of their venture...

The submerged passageway eventually opens up into a pocket of air, thankfully, at this point the water is only two feet deep here, the ceiling height only being around seven feet. Dampness hangs in the air of this cave, condensing into heavy moisture on the slick, stone walls. The air in the caves is bitter and stinks of mold and vinegar, but it is breathable despite its unpleasant flavor—narrow vents and fissures provide enough air circulation to keep the atmosphere breathable, if disagreeable. The calm, dark waters wind around to the east up north, along a stony, soot-scarred beach. A five-foot-high ledge sporting several stalagmites rises to the east, beyond which a low-ceilinged cave beckons. The area around here is quite dark with the only illumination at the moment coming from three small beetle-like creatures on the small sooty beach, their light glowing green. They chitter upon noticing the activity of our heroes wading on by, the beetles move towards the adventurers with increased chittering.

(Basically 'marching order' looks like Lacuna, Ishya, Roland, then Zera)

DC 20 Survival Check
Reveals the tracks of several people on the small sooty mini beach who climbed up onto the ledge.

Map Visual

http://i.imgur.com/dqsTWkz.jpg

Wiccanrogue
2014-10-22, 09:02 PM
For what felt the the longest of times Zera floundered about in the water, finding herself with difficulty with breathing in the water and almost suffocating herself before finally breathing in the water for ease of swimming. Yay water breathing magic. Roland, Ishya, both after a moment hesitation were able to find themselves at ease with breathing in the water for ease of swimming. As for Lacuna....for an android who has never swam before, ever, she was like a river trout in the smelly water and took the lead in swimming to the next part of their venture...

The submerged passageway eventually opens up into a pocket of air, thankfully, at this point the water is only two feet deep here, the ceiling height only being around seven feet. Dampness hangs in the air of this cave, condensing into heavy moisture on the slick, stone walls. The air in the caves is bitter and stinks of mold and vinegar, but it is breathable despite its unpleasant flavor—narrow vents and fissures provide enough air circulation to keep the atmosphere breathable, if disagreeable. The calm, dark waters wind around to the east up north, along a stony, soot-scarred beach. A five-foot-high ledge sporting several stalagmites rises to the east, beyond which a low-ceilinged cave beckons. The area around here is quite dark with the only illumination at the moment coming from three small beetle-like creatures on the small sooty beach, their light glowing green. They chitter upon noticing the activity of our heroes wading on by, the beetles move towards the adventurers with increased chittering.

(Basically 'marching order' looks like Lacuna, Ishya, Roland, then Zera)

DC 20 Survival Check
Reveals the tracks of several people on the small sooty mini beach who climbed up onto the ledge.

Map Visual

http://i.imgur.com/dqsTWkz.jpg

My Gods! That was horrible! Zera proclaimed as she waded out of the water and started wringing her hair of the dark polluted water. As she noticed the beetles, she gave them a wary look, not sure what to think of them. So, what do you think about those bugs guys? I'm more than a little creeped out by them...
[roll0]

Benson
2014-10-23, 12:19 PM
Those nasty critter bugs start to hasten their creepy crawling as they start to head towards the lot of you, snapping their mandibles. Their glowing bodies illuminating the dark cavern.

<I will not roll initiative....beat a DC 11 and they insta-die, there are three of them>

Wiccanrogue
2014-10-23, 06:19 PM
Those nasty critter bugs start to hasten their creepy crawling as they start to head towards the lot of you, snapping their mandibles. Their glowing bodies illuminating the dark cavern.

<I will not roll initiative....beat a DC 11 and they insta-die, there are three of them>

Zera curses in Varisian as she pulls out her battered and well used pistols, No! Stay away from me! she shouts, as she pulls the trigger on one.
[roll0] [roll1]

Recherché
2014-10-25, 12:48 AM
So apparently I can swim. I suppose that's good to know

Zera curses in Varisian as she pulls out her battered and well used pistols, No! Stay away from me! she shouts, as she pulls the trigger on one.

I suppose if she's attacking them I should probably join in . . .

Lacuna calls up the energy to her hands like it's second nature. Perhaps it is, after all she does still remember how to do this more than she remembers how to converse with people. She remembers the paths the power channels through when she cannot remember her own name.

Would it even be my name in truth? Or is it simply a name for what I once was?

The liquid bursts from her fingers towards the insects. Everywhere it lands stone and flesh alike sizzle for a second before the acid returns to the void from which it came.

Acid Splash versus touch AC: [roll0]

Altan Waywalker
2014-10-26, 06:47 PM
'Well, that wasn't so bad.' Dagnan mused to himself as the party made their way out of the water. No sooner had he thought that when he heard the chittering and noticed the glowing beetles ahead.

'What the...?' he tried to recall if he had ever encountered such creatures before, but for the life of him no knowledge came to mind.

Once the beetles started skittering towards the group, Dagnan felt the need to call out, "Best we keep them away from us!" He whipped out his knife, took quick aim, and threw it at one of the beetles, just as Zera cried out and fired her pistol and Lacuna released an orb of magic.

Ranged Atk: [roll0] Dmg: [roll1]

Koryander
2014-10-26, 10:45 PM
As Ishya shook the water off of herself like a dog, she looked to her compatriots, "A threat! TO ARMS! And by arms, I mean weapons and stuff!"

But as she moved to pull out her weapon, she could only blink as her comrades obliterated the beetles. The poor Tiefling let out a soft sigh.

"... Yeah, yeah that. That's what I was leaning towards.."

Still, she pulled her weapon out, if any of them managed to survive the onslaught of gunfire, acid, and... knife, she would make sure they would regret getting any closer.

Somewhat convinced her party has it under control, Ishya none-the-less prepares to attack any that gets past that furious wall of kill maim oww.
Longsword Attack!: [roll0]
Damage!: [roll1]

Benson
2014-10-27, 11:20 AM
Those large pesky beetles were finished off in no time, their carcasses glowing, illuminating still after their demises.

Our heroes have two choices now, either continue wading down the shallow watery path, or climbing the five foot rocky slope leading upwards.
--

<for those without nightvision, the caves will be quite dark soon once the radius of the glowing beetles are left. So either a torch or magical illumination will be quite helpful for those with regular eyesight>

Wiccanrogue
2014-10-27, 02:18 PM
Those large pesky beetles were finished off in no time, their carcasses glowing, illuminating still after their demises.

Our heroes have two choices now, either continue wading down the shallow watery path, or climbing the five foot rocky slope leading upwards.
--

<for those without nightvision, the caves will be quite dark soon once the radius of the glowing beetles are left. So either a torch or magical illumination will be quite helpful for those with regular eyesight>

I don't know about you guys, but who wants to haul around a bug? Its light seems to last a little while. Plus they shoulndt be to heavy! Right? Zera asks, not ready to fumble around in a mountain, that had already killed some pretty awesome people, blind.

Recherché
2014-10-29, 02:21 AM
I am capable of functioning without light. If you wish to bring the beetles or not, it is no concern of mine

Lacuna takes a few steps forwards then stops settling into an unnatural stillness.

Whatever we do we should do it quickly. Time is of the essence in more ways than one.

Altan Waywalker
2014-11-04, 01:42 AM
After the beetles were taken care, Dagnan walked over to them and reclaimed the knife he had thrown. Staring at the glowing carcasses, an idea began running through his head.

I don't know about you guys, but who wants to haul around a bug? Its light seems to last a little while. Plus they shoulndt be to heavy! Right? Zera asks, not ready to fumble around in a mountain, that had already killed some pretty awesome people, blind.

It seemed Zera had the same thought as he did. "I'll see if I can harvest the glowing parts, maybe we can save our torches for later if I'm able to." With that, Dagnan began to carve the beetles with his blade, trying to extract the bits he wanted without ruining them. As he did, he heard Lacuna say:

Whatever we do we should do it quickly. Time is of the essence in more ways than one.

"I completely agree with you. We should decide which way to go; personally, I wouldn't mind staying dry for now. Ms. Ishya, since I assume you can see in the dark, would you be willing to take point? Or would you want to Ms. Lacuna?" Dagnan asked as he continued his work.

Koryander
2014-11-05, 10:23 AM
Ishya once again draws her sword! Pointing forward in the most heroic pose she could muster.

"I LOVE pointing!"

She held the pose for only a moment, before blushing and clearing her throat.

"Um... yeah. I'd love to take point Dagnan..."

Still, her darkvision made seeing things fairly easy. It was time to blaze a trail into the unknown!

Ishya moves into that dark unknown! Leading her fellows into danger and excitement! Wherever that may be!

Recherché
2014-11-05, 03:24 PM
Lacuna follows behind the Tiefling silently. Upon reaching the wall she digs through her pack to retrieve a coil of rope which she hands to her compatriots.

If you don't mind, I do know where some of my limitations are and wall climbing is among them.

[roll0]

Benson
2014-11-07, 11:42 AM
(we will say the rope gave Zera a circumstance bonus)

The four eventually climb their way up, lending a helping rope.

A collection of stalactites and stalagmites choke this lowceilinged cavern, making it difficult to squeeze between them. Matching stalactites close in from the five-foot-high ceiling, giving the impression of a maw of needlelike teeth bearing down on one another. A dead half-orc sprawls on the ground near the cave’s eastern entrance.

You somewhat recall hearing about a half orc named Parda, who was a popular brawler in town, and that she was one of those who traveled with several thugs into the caverns (the second expedition). Almost everyone called her a friend, and many felt that her falling in with the thugs was going to be her end—turns out, they were right.

examining the body confirms she was slain by multiple stab wounds from a short-bladed weapon like a dagger.

Recherché
2014-11-09, 05:02 PM
Lacuna stands by awkwardly waiting for her companions to move. She's never been too much good with biology, its just too messy and people. People are even worse; its why she prefers machines, cold and predictable.

Wait why do I know that? When did i prefer machines?

Altan Waywalker
2014-11-10, 12:33 AM
Getting the beetle pieces out, Dagnan took one for himself and handed another to Zera. "I'm not sure how long these will last, but we might as well use them until then." The last one he covered in a parchment piece before storing it in his backpack. 'Maybe Jhestine back at Torch will want to take a look at it.'

After the group made it up over the slope, they pressed onward into the cramped passage. Upon seeing the dead half-orc, Dagnan tensed, a worrying thought filling his head. Shaking it away, he approached the body, attempting to see if he recognized the fellow; alas, he did not. He tried to determine how the half-orc died, but with no knowledge of healing his attempt was unsuccessful. 'Crows, what is going on down here?'

Staring into the dark entrance ahead, he asked after a few minutes: "Ishya, Lacuna, can you see anything?"

Since Dag can't see beyond the light he has, I was wondering if Ishya or Lacuna might make a Perception check, in case there's anything of note up ahead. He'll be asking the question after everyone else has checked the body and any info is discovered.

Koryander
2014-11-12, 05:03 PM
"Oh." Ishya's face sank. "Oh that's bad. Um... hold on a tick."

The Tiefling peers down the cave with all of her peering might! Walking about 20 feet in and taking a gander at the area. Was there anything to see?

Ishya doesn't HAVE any, so lets see how bad this is. XD
She DOES have dark vision though, so if the ability to just... see... is good enough then /thumbsup
[roll0]

Wiccanrogue
2014-11-14, 04:17 PM
"I'm not sure how long these will last, but we might as well use them until then."
Ah! Thank you! Zera replied, thankful for the steady light.

Oh that's bad. Um... hold on a tick."
Zera did, for a whole second before peering around the corner with her. Oh! Ew! No. instantly spewed from her lips once she saw the dead half-orc.
[roll0]

Benson
2014-11-23, 09:45 PM
As noted in the spoilers for hitting the target DC for the local knowledge check

You somewhat recall hearing about a half orc named Parda, who was a popular brawler in town, and that she was one of those who traveled with several thugs into the caverns (the second expedition). Almost everyone called her a friend, and many felt that her falling in with the thugs was going to be her end—turns out, they were right.
--

As for Ishya, as she creeps into the dark cave...she spies a most ugly looking toad creature, a blindheim....however she steps forward, her foot accidentally kicks a small stone causing the creature to immediately turn around with a loud warbly screech as its huge saucer eyes get blindingly white.

Make a 13 DC Fort save or be blinded for one hour.

Wiccanrogue
2014-11-25, 10:08 AM
As noted in the spoilers for hitting the target DC for the local knowledge check

--

As for Ishya, as she creeps into the dark cave...she spies a most ugly looking toad creature, a blindheim....however she steps forward, her foot accidentally kicks a small stone causing the creature to immediately turn around with a loud warbly screech as its huge saucer eyes get blindingly white.

Make a 13 DC Fort save or be blinded for one hour.

Upon remembering the woman, Zera sighed What a shame. She was pretty cool. the words had just left her mouth as a horrible screeching filled the heavy air and a blindingly bright light filled the cave Ishya had stepped into. D*mn! Zera spit out, as she stepped into the mouth of the cave.
[roll0]

Koryander
2014-11-25, 10:07 PM
Ishya saunters down the cave tunnel, peering for danger, or EVIL. Possibly evil danger! Who knew? But as she approached, she saw something... something disgusting and froggish.

".... Oh wow!" Ishya's eyes rose in fascination. "A Blindheim!"

Ishya's amazement took hold, and she began to inspect it, rather casually I might add!

"Wow, you're a big one! The last one I saw was only like, 3 feet! You must be four, four and a half!" her eyes grew eager. "I must take notes!"

Out came her writing pad, and Ishya looked down, jotting down sizes, shapes, and then back up towards the Blindheim. "Could you quickly turn around and..."

Flash.

"... Hey! Everything is white now!"

Three... two... one...

"Ohhhhh... BLINDheim. Right!"

Quickly, Ishya pulled out her longsword! Pointing it... sort of... towards the beast. Actually she was absolutely pointing her weapon towards the left of the beast. But it was in the general direction sort of, so it still counted.

"En Garde, vile Blindheim! You will not have me! Now where am I?"

Recherché
2014-11-25, 10:17 PM
Ishya saunters down the cave tunnel, peering for danger, or EVIL. Possibly evil danger! Who knew? But as she approached, she saw something... something disgusting and froggish.

".... Oh wow!" Ishya's eyes rose in fascination. "A Blindheim!"

Ishya's amazement took hold, and she began to inspect it, rather casually I might add!

"Wow, you're a big one! The last one I saw was only like, 3 feet! You must be four, four and a half!" her eyes grew eager. "I must take notes!"

What's a Blindheim? Is it dangerous?

Flash

The bright light was an illumination in more ways than one.

So that's why its called a Blindheim

[roll0]

Altan Waywalker
2014-11-26, 11:37 AM
Dagnan had been inspecting the corpse when the blinding light flared; he covered his eyes as best he could whilst cursing "Bloody crows!"

[roll0]

Wiccanrogue
2014-11-28, 03:56 PM
Ack! D*mned frog! Zera shouted as the light grew painfully bright. I'll teach you to play with the lights! she spit at the thing, as a shot blasted it's way from her pistol.

[roll=damage]1d8

Koryander
2014-11-28, 05:55 PM
"Yeah! She'll teach you to play with lights!"

Ishya then waited a moment patiently.

"... OH! Right! I should attack as well! ON YOUR GUARD FIEND!!! Um... okay. Wait."

She holds up her hand in a 'wait right there' regard and, using the power of MAGIC... because really now, it only had 5 spells in it, that's not hard memorization material, draws upon the powers of the UNKNOWN! There's a gleam in her eye now.

"Oh yeah... this is gonna be good."

She turns right towards the Blindheim. She see's it now.

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/42/b8/1a/42b81a2857167dc219966cc8184db2af.jpg
Ishya casts TRUUUE STRIKE (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/trueStrike.html) as her action... furthermore, she taps into her Arcane Pool (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spellcasters/magus.html#arcane-pool)as a swift action!

So with that, her longsword is acting as a +1 longsword, and she has SIGHT BEYOND SIGHT. +20 insight bonus. Additionally, you are not affected by the miss chance that applies to attackers trying to strike a concealed target... I THINK that counts for blind targets as well.

Altan Waywalker
2014-12-12, 12:21 PM
Blinded, Dagnan stumbled backwards as he heard Zera fire her pistol and Ishya cry out. Unsure of what he could do to help, he knelt and pulled out his crossbow, keeping it pointed downward. "Whoever can still see, tell me where to shoot!" Dagnan called out.

Dagnan is readying his crossbow, on the condition that the blindheim falls in his front sight arc and Zera or Ishya give him the green light to fire.

Recherché
2014-12-13, 09:20 PM
Lacuna instinctively reaches for a spell she knows must fill one of her outer valences however her mind’s eye finds nothing. She doesn’t even know what spell it was that she reached for or what instinct drove her.

I’m afraid I cannot aid you.

The android is not entirely sure who that response is directed to but either way there is nothing to be done except to ready an attack should anything brush her in the unfamiliar darkness.

Wiccanrogue
2014-12-28, 01:36 PM
"Whoever can still see, tell me where to shoot!" Dagnan called out.[/SPOILER]

Shoot from the entry way, next to me! Shoot me, and we're gunna have a talk! Zera shouted over the ringing in her ears.

Benson
2015-01-02, 04:52 PM
The toady critter flailed its stumpy gross limbs as it ran towards Dagnan in an attempt to claw at him, however, it missed as Dagnan's reflexes kicked in, the blind fella stepping out of the way.

--

Beginning of Initiative!

Wiccanrogue
2015-01-03, 09:05 PM
The toady critter flailed its stumpy gross limbs as it ran towards Dagnan in an attempt to claw at him, however, it missed as Dagnan's reflexes kicked in, the blind fella stepping out of the way.

--

Beginning of Initiative!

Zera gasped as the toad scrambled towards Dagnan, instinct kicked in and a round blasted from her battered pistol with the sound of thunder filled the cavern.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Koryander
2015-01-04, 08:05 PM
Ishya turns to her frog-like target. For the moment, entirely visible to the Magus.

"Long ago, my masters of the art imbued a sacred phrase to me! One that I have taken with me, battle to battle."

With sight beyond sight, Ishya lashes out at her foe.

"And that sacred phrase is 'IT IS SO ON!! '"

And with the sacred phrase uttered, Ishya grabs her long sword in both hands and strikes!

Ishya USES TRUUUE STRIKE (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/trueStrike.html)as her action... furthermore, she taps into her Arcane Pool as a swift action, her sword acts as though it is +1!

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: Errr, 7! Check the ooc :D

Recherché
2015-01-05, 06:10 PM
Lacuna freezes in place listening to the sounds of battle; waiting for something to come close enough for her to try to step away from it.

I told them that I cannot aid them.

Delaying until something sounds/feels like its next to me

Benson
2015-01-19, 01:26 PM
Between the shot that fired from Zera and the mighty slash of the longsword, the creature found itself slain as it let out a final grotesque cry and fell as its foul blood oozed out.

For those who still had their eyesight for the time being, a a cursory search of the pool reveals a man’s body, mostly eaten. Little remains to identify the body as that of one of the thugs from the second expedition, for the blindheim has eaten most of it and has ruined its armor and clothing in the process. A belt pouch on the body’s hip is still intact and contains 42 gp, a silver unholy symbol worth 25 gold, and two water-tight potions of cure light wounds.

A knowledge religion check of 15 reveals the symbol to be of Zyphus, malignant god of accidental death. The symbol is a pick made from a human skull, rib, and femur bones. (not actually made with those, more like the bones are shaped to look like a pick)

As for the blindness, it was gonna last an hour alas.

Wiccanrogue
2015-01-20, 12:46 PM
Between the shot that fired from Zera and the mighty slash of the longsword, the creature found itself slain as it let out a final grotesque cry and fell as its foul blood oozed out.

For those who still had their eyesight for the time being, a a cursory search of the pool reveals a man’s body, mostly eaten. Little remains to identify the body as that of one of the thugs from the second expedition, for the blindheim has eaten most of it and has ruined its armor and clothing in the process. A belt pouch on the body’s hip is still intact and contains 42 gp, a silver unholy symbol worth 25 gold, and two water-tight potions of cure light wounds.

A knowledge religion check of 15 reveals the symbol to be of Zyphus, malignant god of accidental death. The symbol is a pick made from a human skull, rib, and femur bones. (not actually made with those, more like the bones are shaped to look like a pick)

As for the blindness, it was gonna last an hour alas.
Alright, quick check. Raise your hand if you can see. Zera stated after the ringing in her ears quieted down. She quickly followed up her statement with,We should hang out until everyone can see. It's going to be hard enough walking around in the dark.

Koryander
2015-02-04, 06:07 PM
"I CAN SEE!" Ishya squeals excitedly! Still feeling the effects of her true sight! "I can see REAL..."

Ooop, it wore off.

"No, no I can't. Sorry."

She stumbles backwards, then forward.

"But we WON right? How COOL WAS THAT?! We won a fight while blind. THATS Impressive, I think."

Ishya makes a face, "Wow, this isn't permanent is it? If it was permanent that'd be REALLY Awf-"

WHAP

Ishya hits the wall, she plops backwards.

"So yeah. Yeah I have time to kill, what are you guys up to?"