PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help with a Party Buffing Wild Cohort

Oddman80
2014-08-31, 09:24 AM
Other than Draconic Aura and the Protection Devotion feats, are there and feats one can give an animal companion (specifically a wild cohort) that can help buff the rest of the party?

Snowbluff
2014-08-31, 09:26 AM
Martial Stance for charging stuff? :smalltongue:

Oddman80
2014-08-31, 04:32 PM
So it looks like "Leading the Attack" via Martial Study would grant Allies a +4 to hit any enemy I successfully attack... Any other ideas?

Oddman80
2014-09-01, 09:08 AM
Ok... So I spent some time poring over feats yesterday. For posterity, here is what I found. I am still interested, if anyone else can think of any other feats that would be considered ways to buff the party. I would also be interested to hear if people think this would be a useful tactic, versus creating the most aggressive/destructive companion possible. Thanks.

Draconic Aura [Dragon Magic]
Choose a draconic aura that you will now project. Its benefit apply to you and to all allies within 30 feet.

Good/Evil Devotion [Complete Champion]
Grants DR to allies within 30' for 1 minute (per day). The DR granted scales by character level (Hit Die) up to DR 5)

Protection Devotion [Complete Champion]
Grants AC boost to allies within 30' for 1 minute (per day). The AC boost granted scales by character level (Hit Die) between +2 and +7.

Aura of Bravery [Dragon 323]
All of your allies within 10 feet gain a +2 morale bonus on saves against fear effects so long as you do not suffer from a fear effect. You do not gain this bonus.

Battlefield Inspiration [Miniatures]
Grants allies within 30' of you a +2 to saves vs. Fear Effects.

Hindering Opportunist [PHB2]
Whenever an opponent provokes an attack of opportunity from you, you can choose to replace that attack with an "aid another" action that gives an ally a +2 to their AC versus that opponent.

Stalwart Defense [PHB2]
Same as Hindering Opportunist, but can be used any time an enemy you threaten makes an attack on an ally.

Improved Aid Another [Dragon 323]
Aid Another grants a +4 instead of +2.

Miser's Fortune [Complete Scoundrel]
Grants protections against Sunder attempts on items in your possession or within 30' of you.

Constant Guardian [Drow of the Underdark]
You can reduce your attack bonus by 2, in order to grant a +2 AC bonus to an ally within 10'.

Dutiful Guardian [Drow of the Underdark]
Whenever the beneficiary of your Constant Guardian feat is attacked, you can take an immediate action to instantly exchange places with that character

Martial Study [ToB]
Leading the Attack maneuver grant Allies a +4 to hit any enemy you successfully attack

Pack Tactics [Dragon Compendium]
Whenever you flank an opponent, an ally not flanking that foe gains a +1 bonus on melee attacks made against your flanked opponent. Flanking allies retain the normal +2 bonus on melee attacks.