PDA

View Full Version : Iron Gods: Fires of Creation Team C IC

Benson
2014-08-31, 11:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oyNAnd7l.jpg

(Inspiring image)

Part 1: Fires of Creation
It had been eight days since the violet torch atop Black Hill went out. Rumors and gossip spreading like wildfire with the town council doing their best to keep citizens from outright panicking in the streets. Faced with other problems such as figuring out how to handle their refuse and waste with the torch now out, they have had a lot on their plates. It was not made easier with Councilor Khonnir Baine having had gone missing two days prior, his expertise would have been greatly valued. To add more troubles to their ever growing list, in the past week there have been increased reports of townsfolk experiencing splitting headaches. Many have flocked to Jhestine Imierin at Tempting Tonics in hopes of a quick fix to their headaches.

The day before on Oathday, the Council had themselves their weekly meeting where they agreed to the reward of four thousand gold coins to any one or party that could find and bring back their missing councilor, along with a scroll of resurrection should he be brought back alive.

Place: Torch

Day: 21 Fireday (Friday) of Arodus (August)

Time: 12:00 pm

On a hot day like today, Crowfeather Lake found itself being flocked by many townsfolk trying to figure out a way to beat the heat. Others sought cold drinks whether at the Copper Coin where the Rimos siblings were hard at work with a new dessert creation involving barrels of ice and several gallons of milk. Or the Foundry Tavern where one could enjoy a nice cool breeze indoors, courtesy of Khonnir Baine and a device of his own invention. Such a little invention made the Foundry Tavern quite a popular place attributing a reason to why it was always packed.

Despite the heat, the Market was still busy with townsfolk still needing to buy their meats and veggies for dinner and what not. Life in Torch still had to carry on despite the problems thrown its way.

But most importantly, what were our would-be heroes up to and where?

Yanisa
2014-08-31, 01:14 PM
Standing in the shade near the town square, Lily took a moment to gather some courage, so far today hasn't gone as she would, but that was kinda expected. After the recent events and the many failed expeditions people weren't exactly in the mood for another try. But she didn't gave up, there is something special beneath the city and she will uncover it. The hot sun however was not helping, she seen been running around the city since morning. Either trying to recruit people, getting the last supplies for expedition or crafting more bullets. With confidence she walked to the center, took a deep breath and addressed the crowd.

"People of torch! My name is Lily, Archaeologist and Explorer, but that is not important. What is important is that our beloved councilor, Khonnir Bain, has been missing! Or that the torch where after our fair city is named stopped burning! Things indeed seem bleak, but I do truly believe that Khonnir Baine is alive! He has gone into the caves below the city before and has returned before, he will do so again. Still there is something dark and foul beneath the hill, and it seems clear by the fact that he hasn't returned that he needs our help and I am planning to to be that help! And before you call it suicide, I do have a plan. A couple of plans in fact. But I need help and I stand here to seek it.
In addition to helping our fair Khonnir, this expedition will also keep an eye out for the strange things we can find. Like the automaton that Khonnir brought upwards. These might indeed be linked to the fact the torch, our torch, went quiet and might even help us find how to rekindle it's fire. Also as a fair remember, everyone joining this expedition will surely earn a thousand gold pieces!
Anyone interested I will be here for the next hour"

After the speech she retreated back the shade, she didn't mind the waiting but she didn't want to stand in the hot sun for an hour.

Maldavos
2014-08-31, 03:43 PM
Towering over everyone in the small crowd that had stopped to watch the pitch, a man heavily bearded and armored steps forward and stands just outside the shade before Lily, parting the people of Torch as he moves. He carries a large maul on his back, and his tabard is the color of the night sky. Star and moon charms in silver hang from his neck.

"You'll need protection," says the man in a voice like a deep howl. "I'll take your missive, in Deana's name!" he calls over his shoulder and raises one mailed fist. When no one responds, he shrugs and draws nearer.

"My hope is we'll have a few more. However strongly Deana wishes my presence, the gods are notoriously capricious. If I'm to follow anyone under that mountain, I'd prefer to have both strength in faith and strength in arms," he says, extending a hand. "Sir Huxley Borrowdon."

Dissonance
2014-09-01, 09:15 AM
I strode over toward the shade. I pulled my hair back into a short ponytail today, didn't want them locks getting in the way. As a blacksmith I wore my trade's leather tunic and apron with a smith's hammer strapped to my belt. Same getup as every other day. Mother liked a routine. However today was in no way "routine". The greatsword strapped to my back and the sleeves of the chain shirt that poked out from under the tunic attested to that. Once I got there I pointed my square and chiseled face at the explorer woman. Steel grey eyes looking her over as if I was looking at a noble's get who walked into the forge. I kept my face stern, just as Father showed me.

"Your planning on heading down? I volunteer my aid." My voice was as rough as unrefined iron. I glanced at the knight standing next to me. Looked like the guy was pulled straight from a storybook. "The names Dirk." I offered my hand to the lady.

Storm Vermin
2014-09-01, 04:32 PM
Ralzer, draped in a heavy cloak, stands near the edge of the town square and listens intently to the woman's speech. When she finishes, the tiefling starts pushing through the crowd, muttering apologies to the people he bumps into. After a while, he finally reaches the small group gathered in the square's center. "I would be overjoyed to join this expedition!" He cries out in a high-pitched voice.

That's when the alchemist realized that in comparison to the other volunteers - a pair of burly, heavily-armed men who towered over him - he must look rather ridiculous. "My name's Ralzer. I'm a scholar, and a... magician, of sorts. I'm sure you'll find my talents useful." He continues, blue eyes twinkling from beneath his hood.

Benson
2014-09-01, 06:31 PM
Lily did draw herself a small crowd, not so much out of desire but out of curiosity on what this fool hardy woman had to say. Crowds grumbled as she called out to them, crickets chirped when Sir Huxley looked to them to cheer in Desna's name, and grumbled some more when Ralzer pushed through them. Eventually the crowd would disperse to get on with their business. However, one man did stay behind watching with curiosity as he rubbed his chin with his right hand.

He was a kellid of medium height and a strong chin, swarthy with medium length black hair done in a style elves would favor. He wore a chain shirt with leather trimming, a brown cape, a pair of striped blue and green trousers, and a belt with many pouches hanging off of it. A long sword sheathed, hung at his side. He watched intently and then approached the group.

"Greetings, Sanvil is my name, merchant, profession," He placed his hand over his chest and quickly bowed with a small smile. "Naturally, I could not help but hear your pitch, while I cannot offer my services in arms and exploration, I do offer another should you care to hear it."

Yanisa
2014-09-02, 09:40 AM
Lily shook hands, smiled welcoming and tried to subtlety check out out the people that were interested. Struggling with her over excitement, finally some people that had interest. She wiped the sweat of her brown and was glad with her short, brown hair, that helped a lot in the hot day. Her leather outfit, ranging from dark brown pants to a more beige sleeveless shirt, might have been a bit too much for a day, but with a bit of luck they could even start today. She also tried to avoid nervously open and close many of her pouches while she takes assessment of the people. Two have seem exactly with she needed, people with a lot more strength then she is, burly and combat ready. The third was a bit scrawny, but she knew looks can be deceiving. A lot of the old archaeologist she worked with seem to stumble to life and barely see things in front of them, but get them mad and they unleash enough arcane tricks to burn down an inn.
"Welcome, welcome." She greets. "Like I said, I am Lily and I am glad you are interested. I am not sure how prepared you are, I am as good as ready, so when you guys can, we can get this expedition on a roll. We might also want a moment someone, in a nice cool tavern, to discuss tactics, if you guys feel the need."

Then she noted the one person in the crowd that remained. Someone with an offer, she liked those people. It's always a gamble, but listening is fun and so was discussing. "Greetings Sanvil. Well, I got most of the gear an expedition need and I mostly searched for a bit of reinsurance. Even I cannot fight all the dangers down there. But I am interested, extra help can never hurt."

Benson
2014-09-02, 12:17 PM
"Good good, well, I am a how would you say, a merchant of technological wares, mostly scavenged material. I recall how Mister Baine had returned from a previous expedition into the caves beneath with a most peculiar mechanical creature. I myself do consider myself quite knowledgeable in tech such as that, so if you brave adventurers come across anything as unique as that, more or less. I would be more than happy to identify what they are, I am always interested in seeing new tech, so really, tis a win-win for both parties, wouldn't you say?" Sanvil grinned and waited for their reply.

Maldavos
2014-09-02, 02:24 PM
Huxley raised one eyebrow at Sanvil, noting his educated speech and zealous charm. Being in a strange place among strange people, the knight held everyone in some suspicion. Would Sanvil sell their discoveries or knowledge thereof to the Tecknic league, or even someone more insidious?

"What, other than the joy of discovery, do you get out of identifying that for which we will likely bleed?"

OCC: Sense Motive +5 1d20+5 → [7,5] = (12) Link (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4628174/)

Benson
2014-09-03, 03:33 AM
Town Square

Sanvil's eye twitched a little as Huxley questioned his intent and tensed up a little and took a deep breath. Huxley would get the feeling he wasn't being completely honest with his next words, or at least had other motives. "Well ah..ha heh ahem...well...I am also presented with the opportunity to try to purchase what you find...I'd pay top coin and all." He cleared his throat a little.

Dissonance
2014-09-03, 08:58 AM
"Well ah..ha heh ahem...well...I am also presented with the opportunity to try to purchase what you find...I'd pay top coin and all."

I scratched my chin a bit. Noting his posture and slicked back hair. All of it together with his manner of speech and the words that he said screamed one word into my mind....... Merchant.

"Well that seems reasonable. A man's got to make his own coin." I said with a more reserved air than I had for the other folk that walked up.

Yanisa
2014-09-03, 01:43 PM
They seemed to be smart companions too, voicing their opinions but not making any promises for the group. "Too be honest, part of the reason I personally want to down there is find tech for my self. I am an archaeologist first and foremost. Identifying these artifacts is part of my job too and anything I can't figure out is the challenge." Carefully she studied the man to see how he reacts. "That said, anything we will find will most likely be split between the group and perhaps even Khonnir. Depending on what we find in the first place. And they are free to do with their share. And say if I find something I cannot identify or understand, we can maybe discuss it like experts under a cup of something." She didn't really felt like sharing anything down there, she knew it's part of still, even when hosting her own expedition. "Although I am not planning to sell anything, but again I cannot speak for my newfound comrades." Still, she was hoping that she might convince her new expedition to give her all the special loot.

[roll0]

Benson
2014-09-04, 03:24 AM
His hand twitched a little as he ran his other hand against his slick hair and faintly grimaced. Like Huxley, Lily get the feeling he wasn't being completely honest, or at least had other motives. "Fair enough...Mmm, I did make this offer to some of the other expeditions, alas, they seemed to have dealt with misfortune. Well anyways ah...I understand, though I will leave the offer on the table, your choices on whether to accept it or not."

Maldavos
2014-09-06, 08:33 PM
"We'll give your offer consideration, but no more," said Huxley, palm raised toward Sanvil. "I say we head to the pub and plan," he said with a nod to Lily.

Yanisa
2014-09-07, 12:01 PM
Lily nods back. "Indeed, thank you for the offer, and if we need you, you will be the first to know."

Following that, Lily tries to guide the new cre towards the nearest pub. "I do hope someone has some money to cover for me...I spend my entire budget on supplies." She says with an embarrassed smile. "But yeah, planning. In general the thing I am most interested in is when you guys can go. I am almost done with all my supplies, but ready to go at any moment." Although a day extra for some bullets cannot hurt. "As for the strategy, my two major cards. My trusty gun, which can pierce and kill anything. I once took out a whole orc tribe..." She pauses for a moment "...Well to be honest I killed two and the rest fled. Don't want to be lying to my new crew now. And the other major card is, I have these strange technologies and machines, as people call them. I also know my way around a ruin or two, and I suspect that beneath this very city is one of those ancient ruins. If that is through, my knowledge will have a breeze trough it. In addition, I also have a strong gut-feeling that Khonnir is alive, just trapped in some way. I mean he returned earlier without so much as a scratch and took an automaton... a piece of tech... with him. Also he and his crew and the other failed expeditions must have set off a load of the early traps and cave ins and what not. If we do this careful and calculated we can do this easy. Sounds like an easy thousand gold." Her friendly smile suddenly turned to a more straight forward face. "Like I said I have a personal interest in tech, and I am prepared to share everything we find easily, but in case stuff isn't as easy to divide, I offer a piece of my reward money of finding Khonnir and want to keep the item myself. I don't want to offer precise numbers because I am not sure what we will find."

A silent moment and her smile returns. "So people, do we have a deal? Think it's safe to travel with me? Any questions? Anything to add? And when do you guys want to go?"

Benson
2014-09-07, 08:00 PM
Sanvil parted ways though glanced over his shoulder as they walked away, eyes narrowed.

Anyways!

The nearest pub from where they were in the Town Square, was the Foundry Tavern, and as they approached the oak double doors, the four of them would hear a scream of terror from behind the tavern.

Dissonance
2014-09-08, 11:57 AM
That Sanvil guy was a weasel, that much I could tell. I wasn't particularly sad to see him walk off. As for the lady leading the expedition, she was a whole different sort. Not afraid to get her hands dirty, also not money headed. What with bleeding herself dry for supplies. Practical. I can respect that.

"As for the strategy, my two major cards. My trusty gun, which... bragging... more bragging... sudden sincerity... And the other major card is, I have these strange technologies and machines, as people call them. I also know my way around a ruin or two, and I suspect that beneath this very city is one of those ancient ruins. If that is through, my knowledge will have..."

I will admit I dozed off a bit there at the end. I am more accustomed to the short, concise words of a work order or Father's commands. Long winded speeches more or less go over my head.

"So people, do we have a deal?"

"Deal!" I said as I kind of woke up from my reverie.
"I would be happy to help, as long as we go deep enough to find out what happened to the Purple Pyre." I gesture towards the now dark top of the hill.

as we were walking towards the pub and conversing the air was pierced by a shriek of terror. My head snaps around as I yell "Hold on!" and head towards the back of the tavern.

Maldavos
2014-09-08, 10:54 PM
Lily had the impertinence of the young mixed with the confidence of someone who has long been smarter than anyone she had met. Everything should be as easy as childhood for her; be they ruins or monsters or warfare. Huxley would like to say he knew better, but it would not have been from experience but from growing up around hard men and women who had faced such dangers, and how little they had to brag over when their stories were revealed.

Of course he had little to brag over and even less reason to speak. His size and weapons made him look like he would know what he was doing, had he been forced to tell of his battle prowess he would have very little to say...

Sir Huxley Borrowdon was about to answer Lily in the affirmative when he heard a scream from behind the tavern. The boy who had joined them shouted and Huxley stood stunned for just a moment before reaching back for his maul and heading toward the scream.

Storm Vermin
2014-09-09, 08:11 AM
Ralzer listens intently to Lily's speech. She seems a much more seasoned adventurer than him, which is a bit worrisome. The alchemist could only hope he won't disappoint the others. Overall though, the woman's terms seemed fair. Ralzer has little interest in the weird technological thingamajigs littering Numeria, but he could always use more gold.

"Yes, we have a deal!" Ralzer exclaims. "I'm all packed and ready to go any minute, but-"

The screams from behind the Tavern interrupt the tiefling. With an alarmed gasp, he follows his new companions heading towards the shouts.

Yanisa
2014-09-09, 12:39 PM
Still planning minor details, the scream reaches Lily last, but she acts quickly. She rest her hand on her gun, and grabs a spare bullet with her right hand. She follows her new comrades, more curious of their reactions then whoever screamed.

Benson
2014-09-09, 01:28 PM
The four would come across a small stone house behind the tavern from where another scream sounded accompanied by the sound of crashing noises.

http://i.imgur.com/ktwwdJS.jpg

The white markings represent doors which happen to be unlocked, the blue-ish markings representing windows.

Looking into the lower rightmost window, one would see a large mechanical contraption rampaging about and a young blonde girl trapped in a corner, cowering and trying to look small.

Dissonance
2014-09-09, 06:45 PM
I personally would like to start right at or near the door.

Maldavos
2014-09-09, 11:13 PM
"There!" said Huxley as he strode to the back of the tavern, seeing the machine clearly thorugh the window. In a move, he dropped his maul, picked up a nearby rock and flung it at the window.

OCC: as soon as can see the mechanical 'thing', I try to get its attention. I'm throwing a rock through the window.
1d20+3=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638280/)

Yanisa
2014-09-10, 09:48 AM
Overseeing the scenario, Lily's takes an extra note about the window and slowly a plans forms. She isn't the most tactical of people, but still, before acting, she tries to do that leadership thing. "One of you, door left, other door right. You!" A finger points at Ralzer "Cover me, I am going to do something... stupid..."
Then she charges forwards, grabs her gun, and with a leap, dives trough the window. Barely saving her breath, she blurts out "Sorry to crash your party!". And shoots at the large mechanical thing, using all her focus.

Let's ask this after the action! Do I get grit points back for daring actions? And does this count? :smalltongue:

In any case:
Move actions to move inside, trough the window, and drawing my gun at the same time. Let's say I end at H13.
Standard Action to attack.
Swift action to active Focused Aim (1 grit)

Attack Roll: [roll0] vs Touch (first range increment)
Damage Roll: [roll1] (Focused Aim)

3/4 Grit (or 4/4 if I get any back)

Storm Vermin
2014-09-10, 04:44 PM
"Cover you? But..." Before Ralzer can voice any concerns, Lily dashes forward and jumps through the window. The tiefling's tail reflexively uncoils and reaches toward one of his many pockets, ready to produce the reagents necessary to construct a bomb at a moment's notice. Before he considers chucking an explosive into the tiny cottage, however, Ralzer peeks in through the shattered window.

I would like to start near the rightmost, lowest window. I'll wait with actions until I can see the inside of the house more clearly.

Benson
2014-09-13, 04:23 PM
The rock nicks the window causing a cracking splinter just as Lily goes on using the weak point created to crash into the window catching herself for some [roll0] glass cuts along the way. (Next time though I will be requiring an Acrobatics check, I just wanted to move it along this time around.) Naturally this of course gets the mechanical contraption's attention while the young girl yells out again due to the sudden explosive sound of a window shattering.

The mechanical creature is 5 feet tall and made of a gray and white metal-like polymer. Its three spiderlike legs allow it to navigate over broken terrain and rubble with ease. Its torso and arms and head are vaguely humanoid, with one blazing “eye” in the center of its head and a four-fingered hand on each arm. Bits and pieces of its chassis are missing, exposing the delicate circuitry within, and it makes loud and tortured grinding noises as it moves.

"Repair! Repair! Repaaaaair!" The drone repeated over and over and over in a very tinny and mechanical sounding voice. It let out a loud pop and hiss as a spark of electricity shot out from it after getting hit by Lily's bullet. "Target changed." Its 'eye' focused on Lily.

As for the room itself, it was a simple room, sparsely decorated, but for what was in there looked to be a now ruined storage room.

Initiative!

http://i.imgur.com/ioTUK3s.jpg

MC= Mechanical Contraption
YG= Young Girl

Maldavos
2014-09-14, 12:54 AM
Initiative!

Edit: Huxley, after throwing the rock wheels around to the right to enter through that door. (F16)

OCC: Initiative! 1d20=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643323/)

Storm Vermin
2014-09-15, 06:42 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Storm Vermin
2014-09-18, 05:21 AM
Ralzer quickly assesses the situation. He decides that the strange, hostile creature is distant enough from the two women to be safely bombed. The tiefling takes out a small vial from his pocket, whispers a few words, and chucks the now-active explosive at the machine.

Moving to I 13 (or same other square where I have line of sight to the robot).
Throwing a bomb at the robot: Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If this misses the robot's Touch AC, here's the scatter: [roll2]. Splash Damage is 6, DC 14 Reflex to halve it.

Yanisa
2014-09-18, 10:31 AM
"Awwwh, you are little bittle repair botty. And you want repair me?" Lily is curious what the bot will do, and wary to destroy it beyond it repair. She carefully waits what the bot will do before she decides.

However I know what to do. It will depend on the robot, so I figured I will just post the ideas and triggers. (If that is not okay, just go with combat mode.)

If the robot attacks anyone
Lily attacks. If someone else opened the door I would take a five foot step back, otherwise I just take the AoO.
Swift Action: Focused Aim
Grit: 2/4

Attack: [roll0] (vs Touch)
Damage: [roll1]

If the robot does nothing hostile
Lily will talk towards the robot and grapple it. (Most likely going for some disable device on the next round)
I will take an AoO on account of not having the feat.

CMB to grapple: [roll2]

Dissonance
2014-09-20, 06:53 PM
I was chilled at what the robot said in regards to my new contractor. It was obviously deranged and mighty in need of repair. Maybe a few whacks from my good ol' hammer could be of some use in repairing it. running over to the side were all the action so I can get a good look at what was going on.

Standard: I draw my hammer.
Move: I move to J13.

Maldavos
2014-09-30, 03:52 PM
Huxley opens the door and barrels through the hallway, ignoring anything that doesn't constitute a threat. He wheels around to the left and bars the inner door of the room with the terrible machine.

Yanisa was speaking to the thing like it was a child. Was she mad? It was clearly a contraption of thoughtless killing or outright evil. Huxley made a step inward and raised his hammer over his head. "Get out of the way girl!"he said to the cowering villager.

OCC: Huxley takes a full move from F16 to H13.

Benson
2014-10-01, 11:15 AM
The robot metal body shuddered for a moment, or vibrated rather as it was struck full on by Ralzer's bomb as stuff inside crackled and went crispy. Though it was still not down for the count just yet. The light on its /eye/ went red. The whole room shook as well. The cowering young girl screamed from the scary noises and explosion. She had her eyes closed as was trying to make herself as small as possible in the corner. When Sir Huxley yelled at her, she flinched and just stayed in her corner, scared.

"Hostiles detected." It bluntly stated and crackled some more.

Its moment was however ended in a dramatic slow mo way as Lily let out a shot from her gun, which for the sake of putting this battle behind us, did not strike Sir Huxley even though he moved right in front. Perhaps it close called under the crook of his arm as he lifted his hammer, actually yea, that sounds cool.

In any case, it struck the robot as the robot who was ready to attack just grinded, snapped, popped, crackled fizzed out of well, life? It lurched forward, powered down, its energy battery struck with the bullet.

Yanisa
2014-10-01, 03:01 PM
Lily let's out a sigh and shrugs, that had to be done. She pokes the robot to double check that it is really out. Suddenly it dawns on Lily what she just did, and she looks from the girl to the window. "Seriously, as soon as I have money, I will repay you for that window. That was an awesome... I mean reckless move of mine." Lily steps towards the girl, hand stretched out and friendly smile on her face. "My name is Lily by the way. Archaeologist, adventurer and hero as well it seems. These dudes around me are my motley crew. Let's see if I remember all the names. Huxley, Dirk and Ralzer." She points, while calling the names, to the members with a worried face hoping she didn't mis pronounce or wrongly remember any names. "Also, if we may inquire, what did happen here?"

Dissonance
2014-10-01, 04:36 PM
That was awesome! That robot was gearing up to do some serious damage and the gal with the gun contraptions shot it down. I started nodding, playing back the battle in my head. Those guns she were using were effective. Not as elegant as a well made blade or hammer, but they got the job done.

Dirk

I snap my head towards the source, then the girl. I put my hammer away, cross my arms, nod once and grunt.

Benson
2014-10-02, 02:48 AM
"Val....Val Baine," The young girl replied as she looked up at Lily from fetal position. She stared at the woman and though with hesitation she accepted Lily's hand and stood up. The barefoot girl with blonde tussled hair and blue eyes couldn't have been older than thirteen. She dusted herself off of debris though her face was coated with a thin layer of soot from the bomb. "I...I am not sure....it wasn't working before when the thing was brought in a few days ago for studying by dad, err well Khonnir."

"I came in here to get some supplies...when it just suddenly started moving...I got scared...but...t-thank you guys so much for saving me...uh...don't worry about the window..it's..uh..." She cut herself off and sheepishly smiled.

Yanisa
2014-10-05, 07:06 AM
"Ah Khonnir. As faith will have it we happen to be a an expedition to find your dad. Maybe you can help us with giving a couple of details?" Lily asked curiously. "Perhaps you know of other things he found but hasn't the told public and might help us prepare. Or maybe do you now how the thing suddenly activated?" Lily steps towards the cleaning robot and pokes in it, wondering what would have caused it to suddenly activate.

Knowledge (Engineering) [roll0]
To see what would have caused the robot to active, and/or to check if the thing is broken beyond repair or still fixable.

Benson
2014-10-05, 10:39 PM
According to Lily's understanding as she poked around, and previous writings she had been lucky to come across, it would seem that this particular low grade repair bot's power cells, were the sort that were slowly rebuilding its drained power cells by absorbing some kind of energy. There was also something minorly peculiar about this bot, its three standard features to a repair drone (fast healing, the ability to repair robots, and its net) were missing.

The young girl shook her head. "I don't really know anything about it or if dad found other things, if he did, I don't know." She frowned and glanced downward with a soft sigh.

Maldavos
2014-10-07, 09:54 AM
"Very good then," said Huxley, extending his hand to help the girl to her feet. "I am Sir Huxley Borrowdon, do please let me know if I can assist you in anyway," Huxley's demeanor changed from fury to a sudden wave of calm chivalry. "Might I ask after your father? Did he say anything peculiar before his last outing, did he leave any messages behind or instructions?"

Benson
2014-10-08, 02:53 AM
Admittedly, the young girl was still a little afraid of Huxley even with his demeanor change. "Uh-uh well uhm well no...not really...just told me to keep the Foundry going...but uh..." The young girl puffed her cheeks and furrowed her brows.

"No wait..!...I did hear him talk before about metal walls...well, he wasn't talking to me but when Councilwoman Dolga had come over when he had come back from a previous trip. But yea....stuff about metal walls found in the caves...skymetal made walls."

Dissonance
2014-10-08, 02:34 PM
stuff about metal walls found in the caves...skymetal made walls."

"Skymetal you say?" I say as I reach for and grasp my necklace. It was a small, simple chain with a miniature dagger at the end. The dagger itself was the only odd thing about the necklace, as it was made of skymetal.

"It's kind of odd that there is some skymetal down there... Can you tell us more about those walls?"

Skymetal walls... Well that's a good sign, If there is shaped metal down there it increases the chances that there is a way to restart the Torch hidden among the depths.