PDA

View Full Version : Factotum Gestalt

HereBeMonsters
2014-08-31, 11:17 AM
Alright so I was curious. I wanted to make a level 8 Factotum gestalt build that adds as much that relies on INT. Like INT to hit, AC, ect that is not from the Factotum so basically a double dipper.

I know Factotum 8//Monk 1 (Genius Monk)/Swashbucker 3/Warblade 1 is a good solid build and gives access to the Warblades maneuvers but is there any other builds that give tons of INT maybe even AC without having to go without armor.

Emperor Tippy
2014-08-31, 11:55 AM
Factotum 8// Rogue 1/ Invisible Fist Decisive Strike Martial Monk 2/ Swashbuckler 3/ Exemplar 1/ X 1 where X is dependent upon what you specifically want to do.

For feats you want Kung Fu Genius, Faerie Mysteries Initiate, and all of the Font of Inspiration.

Drop the Exemplar if you want less skill focus and replace it and X with Warblade or Swordsage probably as that gives you an IL of 5.

sideswipe
2014-08-31, 01:04 PM
tippy has spoken and there is rejoice in the land.

Bluydee
2014-08-31, 01:05 PM
Iaijutsu Master, though requiring you to hold a katana, can give you int to ac with one dip, and another gives you charisma to initiative.

sideswipe
2014-08-31, 02:41 PM
Iaijutsu Master, though requiring you to hold a katana, can give you int to ac with one dip, and another gives you charisma to initiative.

then you might as well do an iaijitsu build and add charisma x9 to all your damage

Diovid
2014-08-31, 02:54 PM
Factotum 8// Rogue 1/ Invisible Fist Decisive Strike Martial Monk 2/ Swashbuckler 3/ Exemplar 1/ X 1 where X is dependent upon what you specifically want to do.
I can't believe I'm saying this to the Emperor himself but that build is illegal. You can't get into Exemplar before level 10.

Emperor Tippy
2014-08-31, 03:33 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this to the Emperor himself but that build is illegal. You can't get into Exemplar before level 10.

You would be right, I wasn't thinking. It does happen occasionally when I'm too lazy to check specifics of something and am going off the top of my head.

Replace it and the X with Swordsage or Warblade then probably. At least for Int focused melee.

Requiem_Jeer
2014-08-31, 04:10 PM
If you can manage to swing a 4th level kineticist power somehow, control body lets you replace str and dex with int if you use it on yourself.

sideswipe
2014-08-31, 04:39 PM

i thought thats what bloodline cheese was for ;)

aleucard
2014-08-31, 05:17 PM
Casters would be obvious, with feats for the non-Int focused classes (I'm fairly sure there's several for both Divine and Arcane to switch to Int in Dragonlance, not sure about elsewhere, check the X Stat to Y Bonus thread) if you aren't feeling Wizard or something else that comes already-Int based. Other than that, I can't think of much else that hasn't already been mentioned.

kulosle
2014-08-31, 07:41 PM
archivist :)