PDA

View Full Version : Sunder on other objects

yaluckyboy09
2014-09-01, 01:07 PM
Can you use Sunder on anything other than carried items? Like could I Sunder a wall or is that just a Strength check?

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-01, 01:40 PM
Can you use Sunder on anything other than carried items? Like could I Sunder a wall or is that just a Strength check?

If you're trying to destroy it by dealing damage, it's a sunder attempt. Strength checks are used when breaking things through sheer force (e.g. bashing in a door, or pulling a rope until it snaps). That's why all noncarried objects usually have hardness and hit points, and things that could conceivably be burst through direct application of force often also have break DCs (manacles, rope, doors, locks, etc.).

Slipperychicken
2014-09-01, 02:56 PM
I believe you can simply make normal attack rolls against unattended objects. They have hit points, AC, and hardness.

Pathfinder included a sensible rule where if you take a full-round action to line up a shot against an inanimate object, you automatically hit with a melee attack, or get a +5 with a ranged attack.

yaluckyboy09
2014-09-01, 03:20 PM
I believe you can simply make normal attack rolls against unattended objects. They have hit points, AC, and hardness.

Pathfinder included a sensible rule where if you take a full-round action to line up a shot against an inanimate object, you automatically hit with a melee attack, or get a +5 with a ranged attack.

yeah I found where it explained it mere moments after posting this question

DeltaEmil
2014-09-01, 03:22 PM

Pathfinder included a sensible rule where if you take a full-round action to line up a shot against an inanimate object, you automatically hit with a melee attack, or get a +5 with a ranged attack.That rule's also in 3.5.