PDA

View Full Version : Ferrum Impressions - parallel/past talks

Pages : [1] 2

Artemciy
2014-09-01, 03:25 PM
You got that right, sir. Anthony can agree to the being burned and near dead. So where is it we are heading sir?

"A relic of the old days, one of the secret safe houses, a practice established by Mithras after he fought with Horus the undying. They are a haven for the few Camarilla vampires allowed to know about them in case their other havens are suddenly unsafe. The tradition was maintained since the 13th century, although we mostly use them for other things, like keeping prisoners."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-01, 03:29 PM
sounds like a good idea. Anthony remarks,

Artemciy
2014-09-01, 03:32 PM
What do you thing they have to do with Monty sir?Anthony gestures to their prisoners.

"Monty shepherds the UK's Sabbat now, didn't you know?
I don't know if he's the actual head of it, but he sure acts as if he was.
I had little time to digest it myself, although it makes sense, now that he's reappeared, for him to use his old connections."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-01, 03:35 PM
I didn't I am from America, Arizona in fact were it is mainly Sabbat with a few Camrilla safe location every so often.

Artemciy
2014-09-01, 03:48 PM
"Life must be hard there. I heard you have plenty of Anarchs?
Here Sabbat was lying quiet for a long time now. I knew of certain packs and last decades I've been leaving them alone, putting them on surveillance so that we'll know when the real sh-ite starts. Well, it started now."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-01, 03:51 PM
Ya there was that. but I am surprised the Sabbat seemed to be that organized?

Artemciy
2014-09-01, 05:24 PM
"It's easy to be organized when the wild heads are chopped off. Do a little trimming and you stir the evolution in the right direction.
You mean the USA or UK?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-01, 05:27 PM
evolution? I would have thought what they were doing was more attune to Revolution? I mean here in the UK, given Arizona's close proximity to Mexico, one can be surprised by the way it is.

Artemciy
2014-09-01, 05:31 PM
Arthur laughes. "Well, in Arizona they might be doing a Revolution, here they have to undertake an Evolution.
We trim any misgivers pretty hard."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-01, 05:34 PM
Anthony makes a mental note of this. What do you mean by Misgivers sir? Since i am still new, i don't want to give off the wrong impression you know.

Artemciy
2014-09-01, 05:37 PM
"Well, you aren't a Sabbat vampire on a rampage, are you?
Doing fine in my account" Arthur winked.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-01, 05:42 PM
Anthony smiles at the General. well alright then.

Artemciy
2014-09-04, 02:05 PM
"Wouldn't it be better to somehow convert these people instead of killing them?" Catching a moment when the bodies were moved Tanaka asked Anthony, hoping he would share her anguish. Her Sight hinted that he wasn't going to harm the prisoner when he intimidated him earlier, but Tana was doubtful, expecting Salubri to cut her out.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-04, 08:23 PM
Anthony watched as Arthur decapitated the Candy man. while his expression was stone cold, his heart bled in horror. Vampires are nothing but monsters. When the serpent was being "talked" to by the others Anthony step outside the room, so he could answer Tanaka. It would be, but most Camarilla view things in black and white. either you are on there side or not. If you are not you die. And what determines your side is your clan. Anthony looks down at his hands as he knows this lesson all to well. I would love to see them change their opinion, but we need to be careful Sabbat are dangerous for a reason.

Artemciy
2014-09-05, 04:22 AM
"I guess she brought it on herself by waging this senseless war, but I'll try to do something if I could. Let's go." she touched his arm ruefully and returned to the room.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-05, 11:11 AM
Anthony looked at Tanaka, While she was a Ghoul she was also still human, she has the chance to not be a monster. Anthony nodded at Tanaka's suggestion and follows her.

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 10:09 AM
"Look, the beard is the only alive" Tanaka told Anthony when others left. Indeed, the old rocker managed to heal his neck even though he was now in torpor.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-06, 11:01 AM
yes, I believe if we can keep the head in the same position with the neck for a while we maybe able to allow it to reattach, what do you think? Anthony looked at the body, he knew his kind were hard to kill but wouldn't decapitation work? apparently not.

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 11:17 AM
"You mean those misalignments? I'm afraid we'll have to cut him anew to let it heal properly. Then again, maybe he'll started to heal immediately after the wound and fell into torpor then. Do you heal in torpor? Perhaps he'll just fix himself with more blood." She just witnessed another vampire dying again in her hands from the decapitation. Was this one different? The wound sure was, only the back of the neck had any signs of damage. ((OOC: He wasn't decapitated, BTW))

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-06, 11:22 AM
I can heal him, i just, don't want to risk being seen again. Anthony says nervously.

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 11:28 AM
"This place might have cameras" Tanaka pointed out, seeing the typical marks in the fate-stream. "And what will we do with a healed Sabbat vampire? Knock him out good?

Are you fully healed yourself? There's more blood in the cooler, this safe house is stuffed."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-06, 11:44 AM
Anthony looks appreciatively at Tanaka. Thanks, but i don't know if I should. Anthony places a hand around his throat as he feels the burning thirst. Maybe one drink. Anthony gets up to one of the fridges and hopes that Tanaka follows.

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 11:51 AM
Tanaka followed Anthony into the third room, small space crowded with weapons, ammo and unknown other items stacked on the walls.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-06, 11:55 AM
As Anthony pulls a bottle from the fridge. and pops it open while he leans on a wall outside the little room to drink. Why did you come in to save me Tanaka, when it was really dangerous, back during the fight?

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 12:04 PM
"Huh? I don't even remember that, there's so much going on that my head turns into a bubble and I'm going to fly away any moment.
Did I really saved you? Oh, that's so cool!" she jumped madly around the Katharine, who squinted at her in return.
"You're making my head spin."

"Hey, should we knock her out too?!

Or... we can talk outside!" Tanaka was tired but still cheerful, not having to play interrogations anymore.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-06, 12:23 PM
Anthony, left the room to let their prisoner be. You did, i can do a few things but Fire still is out of my control, Which reminds me. Once out of the earshot of all prisoners. You seems to be advancing pretty fast with your magic, almost as if you had it before?

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 12:39 PM
"Yes, it's dangerous, isn't it? Suddenly I can talk with all manner of spirits without really knowing what am I getting into. That book I've found really helped, but I'm still feeling out of my depth, not knowing what they want and what they can.
Do you think I could find a teacher?

I also couldn't in my life figure out that vanishing trick of yours. How's that for advancing too fast?"

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 12:53 PM
"Some come to me on their own, I 'exist' on their plane unlike most of the others, I'm like a beacon to them! Sometimes they ask to do things. I've been doing... some. And I've only learned later that I should have asked for favors, the chiminage!
Most of the time I just send them away!"

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-06, 01:38 PM
hmm, well you said before you did not save me, what happened after my face was blown apart, since it was not till later after i healed that i could see?

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 01:58 PM
"The shiny thing in your head manifested" she answered very quietly "and then your wounds closed! The shards came right out of your body and rolled onto the floor!
I can see the thing the same way I can see spirits."

"They can see it too, I can tell" she whispered "Only you don't see them."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-06, 02:02 PM
One day i will see them, once i have learn more along my path. Anthony signs feeling the tiredness in his bones.

Obeah will allow Anthony to see and heal spirits eventually as well.

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 02:24 PM
"Sue-gehh! That would be great!
And very useful.
I've read different people might see different spirits, and see them differently. Can you imagine that?!
You might see angels and such, judging by that thing. Do you think there are angels?!
I see lower spirits, maybe even some Succubi, I haven't figured yet."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-06, 05:00 PM
And just what would a Succubi look like hmm. Anthony looks around for a place to rest his head. Well, when it is safe to do so, since it could allow both of us, some freedom, and it would allow us to better protect one another. I will tell you something about me, and you can tell me something about you alright. Anyways tomorrow i got that interview hmm, this should be interesting. Anthony finds a nice looking armchair to rest in. He smiles at Tanaka. Keep me safe Tany. Anthony cue as he tries to give her a cuties little nickname, before lulling off to sleep.

Artemciy
2014-09-06, 05:05 PM
"That would be good" she replies, her eyes exploring that alluring dream. "Good night!"

Artemciy
2014-09-07, 12:06 PM
Glasses began to ring, every new sound different. Tanaka watched them in a funny way, as if not knowing what to expect. When he flicked his eyes to pick up the unknown number a familiar voice came thru.
"Anthony, dear!" the Harpy's velvet contralto was soothing and apologetic.
"I couldn't get back to you earlier, my friends told me it was dangerous. Was keeping an eye on you but I didn't know... Are you all right?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-07, 12:20 PM
Everything is okay for now Mary. My coterie and I found General Arthur, and well lets just say things are going to be far worse then getting better, if we don't stop Monty. Anthony pauses, the harpy may be one of the few among the leadership along with Arthur that they could trust. she was keeping an eye on you, interesting.
Mary, It would seem Monty is working for or with the Sabbat, also i should not talk long they may be tracking my phone.

Artemciy
2014-09-07, 12:26 PM
"Arthur has been found? That's a relief.
Call if you want to talk." She said pleased but checking her voice.

Finished, you noted the phone number, it was a different one from the "reception".

Artemciy
2014-09-10, 08:25 AM
i guess i forgot to say which position Anthony has I am thinking Emergency Physician.

A 20 year old baseball player presents 20 minutes after running into another player and loosing consciousness for a couple of minutes. He mainly left the impact in his left lower chest and upper abdomen; he now complains of pain in the same areas.

FAST scan: The splenorenal window is obscured, but the hepatorenal recess (pouch of Morrison) is empty.
CT: There is a large splenic laceration with an associated subcapsular hematoma underlying ~60% of the splenic surface. No interaperitoneal bleeding is seen.

You give analgesics, prescribe Nil Orally (to withhold oral food and fluids), then perform the angioembolization.

Artemciy
2014-09-13, 12:56 PM
"So... you fear fire, do you?" Tanaka asked, adressing primarily Francis who sat across her in the cab. "Can you train it away? If a human would get exposure to the thing and learn that it's okay, maybe combine it with something pleasant, then the reflex should eventually override the instinct. Wouldn't the same «exposure therapy» work with you?"

Muenster Man
2014-09-13, 02:35 PM
Francis shook his head. Whatever I feel is more than just fear. Something deep inside screams as a reaction. After my embrace, I felt an immediate blind panic at the sight of it, and that was before I knew how dangerous it was. It's nothing like a fear I've ever had before, nothing about it is rational. The only thing that helps is to anticipate that feeling so it's not so shocking when it does happen.

Francis tried keeping his voice down so the cab driver couldn't hear.

Artemciy
2014-09-13, 03:45 PM
"Well, think about it. A panic is just an unconscious fear as far as I know. It should be treatable, or you might get better at fighting it." Tanaka said softly.

"What was your master like? When he embraced you." she broke the silence some time after.

Muenster Man
2014-09-13, 09:32 PM
Don't know about that. You'd feel differently if you knew what it was like. Francis flexed and stretched his fingers as he talked.

Can't remember much. I do remember I was walking on the street, just after meeting with some people I worked for late at night. Got attacked. Remember getting tossed around a bit, and woke up, never met the guy. Or girl. Pretty sure it was a guy. Wandered around for a bit and tried to find my way. Wasn't easy and... had some close calls. Then I met Jacob, my mentor. He's a Brujah. He basically raised me, taught me what this life is about. Although he's been out of town the past few weeks and haven't heard from him. But the person who tagged me? Haven't heard so much as a peep from them.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-15, 12:30 PM
Interesting that a Gangrel was raised by a Brujah. I mean i can see it, still it is interesting.

Artemciy
2014-09-15, 12:46 PM
"Aren't that makes you a Brujah? I mean, we are... who we are" Tanaka was dazed.

Muenster Man
2014-09-15, 07:14 PM
Francis shifts uncomfortably at questions he hasn't really considered. I mean, I've got Gangrel blood. If a Brujah thinks it's useful for him to raise me and do some dirty work, I don't think that makes me a Brujah. Sure as hell not under his thumb anymore, I know better than that. He realized he sounded angrier than he wanted to let on.

What about you, Anthony. Got a good story about how you were turned?

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-15, 11:56 PM
Well, what do you know about Phoenix Arizona? Anthony looks around at Francis.

Muenster Man
2014-09-16, 08:27 PM
Not much. You some important doctor over there?

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-16, 08:48 PM
No, but Pheonix, has a lot of ghettos. I ran a free clinic there back before my Embrace. Given how close it is to both Los Angeles and Mexico City, well lets say it is a melting pot of Sabbat and Auroch. Well after finishing a late night, I was followed home by my sire, and he well you can guess the rest. He told me he liked my mind, and medical expertise. All i know is what is, is. Though i wish i can at least say good bye to my family. I am just gone now to them.

Artemciy
2014-09-17, 03:27 AM
"...
It's a sunny city, isn't it? Do you miss the sun?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-17, 10:13 AM
Anthony smirks at the comment. No I can honestly say i am happy to be away from the sun and the heat. Phoenix especially during summer felt like a frying pan even at night.

Muenster Man
2014-09-20, 09:23 AM
Early in their investigation of a Tremere antitribu, Francis asks Arthur "So I heard that all Tremere that turned tail on the Camarilla were wiped out awhile back and there weren't any left. You think this one is really a Tremere?"

Artemciy
2014-09-20, 10:45 AM
"You refer to the famed destruction of House Goratrix in Mexico?" Arthur replied. "But did you know that Goratrix himself has survived this «reorganisation»? I have it on good authority that he lives.

Tremere would like you to believe that all their defectors were dead. If you call war a terrorism then suddenly there's almost no wars in the world. If you say a country is not upholding the values of democracy the country is not there to prove otherwise. It's an oldest trick. Gathering all Sabbat Tremere in one place? Come on, is that even possible? Sabbat is big on not following orders, it is their biggest weakness and their biggest strength, that Lernaean Hydra.

This one is a new head. One of my bugs seen him with a Sabbat Pack. I want to see if he'd lead me somewhere else before coughing him up."

How are we supposed to use their edge to our advantage? Do we even know where they're making this kind of stuff?

"They are rising their head! We have to cut as much of it as we could.
This business with the factory you've tangled in, we'll follow up on Aegis to learn all we can about the people who hired them! That might lead us to a body of Sabbat we know nothing about."
Arthur sounded galled. Perhaps he didn't like the fact that there was a Sabbat activity he didn't know anything about.

Artemciy
2014-09-20, 12:07 PM
Some time later that night they parted ways. Tremere returned to his chapter. "If he's up to no good, it will be probably another day. Those book worms won't leave their study until the sun forces them". Arthur decided to visit the pack in question, showing the Francis where they live and how he was keeping tabs on them. It was like the older Gangrel was always on the move, always herding his rebellious flock. As if he was in love with them.

Someone's called. A freckled squirrel of a youngster answered the phone. Told something to the bulky four-eyes. The latter preened, touching the arm of his glass, went for the coat, through the door.

"They're up to something. I'll tail him, you keep watch" Arthur barked before leaving the flat, one he 'vacated' years ago to watch the comings and goings on the other side of the road.

Francis was watching the youngster when, fifteen minutes later, he went outside too! Did the Gangrel track him on foot or remain with the telescope on the third floor? Whoever it was, the boy was meeting someone! Francis tried to see the other person's face. The figure was somehow familiar...

She talked, he listened, nodding. Then she stormed away. It was.. Katharine, the vampire Arthur beheaded just a few hours ago!
- Tried to tail her.
- Or confront her.
- Decided to tell Arthur about the undying vampire.
- Decided not to tell him.
- Remained/returned to the lamp post.
- Did something else.

Muenster Man
2014-09-20, 05:14 PM
Francis quickly sends a message to Arthur as he leaves his post to try to keep up with her: Remember when you told me Katherine disappeared? I see her now, walking and talking. Tailing her now until you say otherwise.

The phone made an almost inaudible sound as it was sent. Francis stayed out of sight as best he could while keeping tabs on her.

Artemciy
2014-09-20, 05:43 PM
"I've severed her head myself" was Arthur's reply.Katharine's Perception+Alertness: 9,10,1,3,8,4,6 vs 6 = 3.
Francis' Dexterity+Stealth: 7,10,8,10,8,4,1,3 vs 6 = 4.
Katharine's Perception+Alertness: 7,10,2,5,2,7,9 vs 6 = 4.
Francis' Dexterity+Driving: 9,10,10,2,7 vs 6 = 4.
Francis noticed once the serpent's talking, as if to herself. He followed her to an apartment in central London where apparently she planned to spend the day. It was getting late and he too has hurried to the haven.
Did he something else before falling asleep?

Muenster Man
2014-09-20, 06:02 PM
Francis sent the address of the apartment to Arthur. Then he messaged the rest of the coterie about what just happened before resting for the day.

I think I'm a little confused about when this occurred relative to the coterie enjoying themselves in the Main IC thread. If it's the same night, Francis will just tell them himself in person.

Artemciy
2014-09-20, 06:11 PM
"Uhm" Tanaka cringed when she heard the story.
"Katharine agreed to work with us. I told her to make any necessary contacts within the Sabbat to the effect of her falling out not looking suspicious to them."

If it's the same night, Francis will just tell them himself in person.The same night, yes.

Muenster Man
2014-09-20, 06:14 PM
D-did you make any plans if her head fell off? Arthur said he decapitated her himself, but then her body went missing.

Artemciy
2014-09-20, 06:21 PM
"Uh oh." she blushed.
"Well, I didn't know how to tell you...
I've been working on that 'spiritual pact' thing with her and, well, it seems to work.
A side effect seems to be that I managed to heal her when Arthur... did what he did. I felt her damaged and kept her alive."
Spinning half-truths. Manipulation+Subterfuge: 5d10 vs 6 = 7,7,1,10,8

Muenster Man
2014-09-20, 06:26 PM
What?! Why? Do you really trust her enough to try and keep her alive like that?

I'd roll Empathy as well if I had it. Trying to figure out what Tanaka is hiding
Perception [roll0]

Artemciy
2014-09-20, 06:35 PM
"Why, yes. That was the point of the spell, wasn't it? If she betrays me I'll know it and she will suffer at my behest.
Even though there is a risk, it is a risk we all agreed upon, even Arthur."Charisma+Leadership: 3d10 vs 6 = 4,4,3

Muenster Man
2014-09-20, 06:50 PM
Francis snorts. Don't remember any part of the plan where you said you would reattach her head for her. How the hell can you make sure she won't betray us just from some spell? Will it let you know when she gives the enemy info that destroys us?

Artemciy
2014-09-20, 07:08 PM
"And I do not remember a part where it was severed!" she rised her voice. Then she lowered it deeper than usual: "Had anybody thought about time and effort I had to put to research that spell? Thanked me for the initiative I show in giving us a valuable asset and a Sabbat insider? Why would anybody go and chop my people's head off? Would you like your head to be chopped, or John's, or mine?" She was a quiet fury.

Then she took a moment to gather her thoughts.
"Okay, if you don't trust her, then don't give her anything to betray with.

Even if she plays both sides, she is still more valuable to us because we have no other spies in Sabbat.

Actually, I don't care about Sabbat and Camarilla and all those holy wars. If all you care is killing then you deserve what's coming for you, you both. What I want is for that woman to leave that stupid war."

Muenster Man
2014-09-20, 07:26 PM
You only deserves what you make of yourself. I know what I am and I'm confident in where I'm going. There's no judgement coming, and no punishment unless I do something dumb. But fine. Do what you will. If you're so interested in tying yourself to someone who's going to sell us out, then be my guest. Just don't drag the rest of us down with you.

He had come back to their lair confident in the way things were going, but suddenly all the loose ends of the past nights were coming back to tug on his consciousness. Katherine is a liability. That scientist who captured us has us by the balls. They might help us, but it would have been safer to just get rid of them both. Also, my time and energy is split between the coterie and Arthur. Tanaka's pissed and we need her to operate during the day. The Sabbat are clearly moving forward but we still don't know how. And there's always the threat of Monty. He wouldn't have been so angry if there weren't so many other things he didn't like, but there was no helping that now. He tried to shove those thoughts from his mind and mostly succeeded before sleeping. But like it or not, Francis has tied himself to the coterie. And if they sink, he goes down with them.

Artemciy
2014-09-21, 02:23 PM
When he reaches Arthur, he'll let him know that Tanaka said she had Katherine destroyed (again) when she proved unreliable.
"I was surprised when she hit the bloody bitch on the run. Even the best sharpshooter would have a hard time doing that.
And later... I didn't believe she could have controlled a Sabbat bishop. I can't say I believe it even now.
And where is Katharine now? We haven't found her at the address you gave me."

((If Francis asks Tanaka, she answers that Katharine was somewhere on the move, she doesn't know where, when she died)).

Muenster Man
2014-09-21, 02:27 PM
Francis frowned. "She said she took her out after she was untrustworthy. Didn't say where she put the body. I'll send a message now to see if we can get it by the end of the night."

He writes up a quick message to Tanaka asking where she killed Katherine and where she put the body at.

He gets the message back and swears. "She says she doesn't know where body was when she killed her. Remote termination, I guess. But she was on the move."

He sends another message asking what time she killed Katherine. If she was on the run, maybe we can get a range on where her body could be.

Artemciy
2014-09-21, 02:38 PM
"I know where she slept. 51 Monteagle Way, not far from where you left her." She sent you the exact address of the flat. "Couldn't have gone far."

Muenster Man
2014-09-21, 02:48 PM
"The time? When did you take her out? We can't find her where I last saw her. We need to grab her before she's on the news." Francis imagined the headline: "London woman found dead. Cause unknown." He got agitated with Tanaka's evasiveness.

Artemciy
2014-09-21, 03:07 PM
"22:05" he gets back.

"What is it?" Arthur looked at the texts. "I'll make a few calls".
He calls somebody in the London's police.

"A woman died at that time in a taxi. One moment she tells the driver where to go, another there's a skeleton and a pile of dust on the backseat. They have already called the Bainbridge guys. It will be cared of.

Looks like she did it, doesn't it? Unless she's feeding us sh-t that by some lucky conincidence matches the facts. What would she gain by telling you she's a witch?

If she is a witch, we'd better learn about that. Remove the unknowns, if you catch my drift. Maybe even train her.

We could put her into a situation only a witch would survive. Trial by ordeal, huh?"

Muenster Man
2014-09-21, 03:26 PM
Huh. At least that's one loose end taken care of. She just seemed so adamant last night about Katherine, it's weird. I guess she really did have it under control.

Francis thinks about the suggestion.

She's definitely magical somehow. Don't know about her being a witch, though. I do know that most humans couldn't have ran with us so far and lived. Even most normal ghouls. So a trial probably wouldn't prove anything apart from what I've already seen. And if we spring something on her without her giving the OK, it would probably drive us apart. And she's close to John and Anthony. They might turn as well.

Danteric
2014-09-30, 12:49 PM
After getting home after the aquarium, John decides to grab a bite to eat. Letting the others know where he was going, John began hunting around their newly acquired haven, looking for people to lead away from the crowds of people into a secluded area. After a few hours of searching, John found a young lady leaning against a wall, puffing on a smoke. Walking up to her and introducing himself as a Cory Smith, he immediately made eye contact, followed by a simple command, "Come with me quietly for a bit." he said, causing the girl to quietly follow him into a nearby alleyway. Once alone, he would press up against the girl, hiding in the shadows, and began to feed. He felt the rush of blood flow into his mouth, the Vitae infuse with his body, abating his hunger. After taking a sufficient supply of blood, John lays the blissfully dazed woman against the wall, and heads back towards the Haven.

Once home, John checks the IRC channel with the void engineers, to see if they had replied. His message of "We have something you might like, pretty good tech that tried to get up close and personal. We hope it wasn't yours, we can deliver it if needed." blinked there, awaiting an answer.

John takes 3 blood from the woman

Artemciy
2014-09-30, 01:07 PM
John found it hard to find a living soul on the streets. The Domain was rather quiet at night. On the other hand, there wasn't a lot of witnesses about.

"What are you talking about? Is this related to the case you're working on?" someone nicked "Joke" on the IRC channel replied half an hour later.

Danteric
2014-09-30, 01:21 PM
"There's a tech suit here that tried to attack us, figured that since you guys are experts on technology you'd might know something about it." he typed, he was curious as to what the suit was, perhaps if it didnt belong to the void engineers, they may know how to scrap it and provide supplies in return.

Artemciy
2014-09-30, 01:32 PM
"Could you post the picture of it? I might know for sure then" the "Joke" answered.

Danteric
2014-09-30, 01:38 PM
John takes a picture of the alien suit slumped in the corner, and sent it to the Void Engineer's email. After a moment, he began typing in the IRC channel, "Well? What do you think? Do you know what it is?" he asked.

Artemciy
2014-09-30, 01:41 PM
((There's no email, the IRC channel is the only means of communication you have with VEs, but John could have posted a link to the screenshot)).

"WTF?! That's George! What have you done with him?!"

Danteric
2014-09-30, 01:46 PM
"Calm down, we didn't do anything. We woke up and he was in our door way, already melted. What we want to know is why." he typed, curious about what caused this to occur. "Why is one of your men at our house?" he continued to ask.

Artemciy
2014-09-30, 02:42 PM
"This is very strange...
He wasn't happy with our arrangement but why'd he be dead?.. Let me check something."

About twenty minutes later.
"There was a level four influence registered in his biological components. His safety systems where on high and calculated to self-destruct. Damn..."

Danteric
2014-10-01, 12:20 AM
"Self destruct?" types John, now looking at the pile of goop that was once a man. "And whats a level 4 influence?" he wondered if it was something similar to his Discipline of Dominate, perhaps Monty had gotten to the suited man and sent him after them, but he couldn't say for sure. "Well, for now we have the body, I can deliver it to a pick up spot, the death aside, this thing has incredible tech inside of it, could you show me how to use it?" he asked, he had a feeling it wouldn't get him anywhere, but it didnt hurt to try.

Artemciy
2014-10-01, 03:53 AM
Next thing you know, someone was knocking on your door. Opening it (with all due precautions of course), it's the same woman who let you out from the Voice Engineers labs. You could only assume she was behind the door all that time... or that she has teleported somehow, but that's fairy tales, right?

She observed the scene, sighing. Looked at the hole in your wall. "Good thing you've touched nothing. On a deep space explorations some of us prefer to rig our apparatus in case someone smart decides to use them against us.
And no, can't have our tech" she rolled her eyes, "with this you'll be lucky to escape a mind wipe or extermination. I'm not even sure I should vouch for you, Georgy here was my boss, it would seem too convenient."

Speaking this she took his weapon, touched his suit and pressed a button on a pencil-like device in her front pocket.
And was gone.
Poof. Nothing. Except for the hole in the wall and the putrid smell you'd have thought it was all in your mind.

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-04, 01:25 PM
Anthony give Francis a Curious look as he wiggles around the car looking for something. He seems even more confused when Francis pulls out a child's drawing pad.

Muenster Man
2014-10-04, 01:27 PM
Francis picks up the writing utensil tethered to the board. He subtly writes: WHY DO YOU CALL HIM WOLF? and shows it to Anthony. He then slides the board closer to Anthony so he can write without lifting his arm much.

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-04, 01:39 PM
Anthony Writes back. Mr. Wolf is a Werewolf, he killed the Sabbat i was hidden in with. Tanaka told him to spare me. Anthony shrugs as he passes the note back to Francis, waiting for his reply.

Muenster Man
2014-10-04, 01:46 PM
Francis doesn't write back, but instead has a look of fear that Anthony has never seen on Francis before. Francis had always heard of werewolves like he had always heard of the boogeyman as a child. Being so close to one and still being alive helped keep him from instinctually jumping out of the car and running away.

Muenster Man
2014-10-04, 02:04 PM
Regaining his confidence a little, he puts down the board and talks to Tanaka. "So, tell me how Arthur died. Did they find his body? You told us around when we got up for the night. I'm guessing he was killed during the day?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-04, 02:21 PM
Anthony looks Curiously at Francis and why he seemed so scared of Mr. Wolf, He took the pad from Francis and wrote. What is up, you look like you saw a ghost?

Muenster Man
2014-10-04, 02:40 PM
Francis takes the board and rewrote the word 'werewolf' roughly where Anthony had it written just before. He then underlines the word. Then circles it. And places several exclamation marks after. And then several more for good measure, until he reached the end of the board.

"Tanaka, if you didn't actually see the body of Arthur, I'm not completely convinced he's actually dead."

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-04, 02:43 PM
Who are not that bad. Anthony writes back. Clearly not understand what was so scary about then despite having just lost rather easily to one.

Artemciy
2014-10-04, 02:57 PM
Wolf was glancing amused at the vampires exchanging the board behind his back. Tanaka took a break from her job of giving directions. She wasn’t sure what was safe to tell around sir. Wolf, she didn’t like the idea of the Camarilla attack on the Sabbat havens which apparently triggered the war. Didn’t want to come out as one of the “bad guys”. So she tried to skip that part.

“So we were scattered, five ghouls were left behind, the rest simply fled. Or died. Only three of us left. ‘t was obvious we couldn’t proceed with the mission but Siegfried, a Malkavian ghoul, had this idea that Arthur ‘would know what to do’, he wanted to take his friends back. So we, me and Grata, remained to see if they move the… the prisoners somewhere, while Siegfried rode hid bike to Arthur’s place. He called us later, telling that Arthur’s haven was razed, there was blood and corpses on the floor. He told Grata that Arthur was dead and I never heard from Siegfried since.”

“Turn a bit to the left if you can” she asked sir. Wolf.

“That might be possible, Francis, I never checked” she admitted.

Artemciy
2014-10-04, 06:56 PM
If it was guilt, it was another reminder of his humanity. A tinge of emotion that wasn't anger or contentment. But his guilt could easily lead to him losing control of his anger, sinking deeper into the darkness.

"Don't worry, It will be all right" Tanaka told Francis in a sincere if clumsy attempt to appease his anguish. He wasn't sure whether to be angry at her or to believe her.

Muenster Man
2014-10-04, 07:13 PM
Francis was a little upset that Tanaka was so perceptive as to pierce through his thoughts and read him clearly. His mind is his own, and he was offended that someone else could invade that space. But he appreciated her support, nonetheless. They may have just been empty words, but it's good to have allies in these difficult times. He gave her a silent acknowledgement and rested his head on the window, watching as they slowly navigated the backed up traffic and the anxious looks on people's faces who were still out this late.

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-16, 12:18 AM
Anthony for a short while after the defeat of the spider cats, trailed behind the rest of the group. He seemed deep in thought, as his movement matched attitude. He continually looked at his bag, John, Tanaka, and the horizon. Finally he tapped John on the shoulder.

You and I need to talk.

Danteric
2014-10-16, 07:39 AM
John felt a tapping on his shoulder, and quickly spun around, expecting to find a cat spider about to take a bite of his shoulder, but turned only to face Anthony instead. John gave Anthony a slightly confused look as Anthony asked to talk, "Talk? Talk! What do you want to talk about, the fact you're a Salubri, or is it the fact you lied about your clan and infiltrated the Tremere, in an attempt to steal our secrets?!" he said, pointing at Anthony with an angered face. "Or is it that you've been parading around with MY ghoul, or is it about the fact you've been lying to me and Francis this entire time about everything?" he demanded, but kept his voice down, not to alert the others.

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-16, 10:12 AM
Anthony gives John a sideways glance. You really think I infiltrator your clan to steal secrets, you got your power from my clan. Or where you never told the true history of our clans? Anyways No, I am wanting to talk about whither or not I can trust you, I don't want to awaken one evening to find you trying to shove a stake in my chest.

Danteric
2014-10-16, 04:30 PM
"Tell me, how am I supposed to trust you? You've been lying to us since day one, how do I know I wont wake up with you standing over me with a stake?" he asked, staring at Anthony, "You want trust? You'll have to earn it, the only things stopping me from reporting you to the Tremere AND the Queen is our current war situation, and the fact I thought you were a friend, but it seems that I was wrong about that one." he says, stepping closer to Anthony. "If you make even one mistake, you wont notice the stake in your heart." he threatened.

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-16, 11:24 PM
Are you that stupid John, this reaction is why I lied. I have been loyal to the Queen and the Ivory Tower, while the rest of my clan would against it. You want to know why I infiltrated the Tremere it was so i could eventually bring a peace between our clans. All i did was hide my third eye, I never stop being me. I am still the same Anthony you met those couple years ago.

Artemciy
2014-10-17, 07:20 AM
"Uhm. John? Could I give some to Francis too? He looks bad, probably 'll scare off the cab."
Tanaka was scared of Francis but wanted to see if it'll feel as good.
((Her blood pool is almost to normal now)).

Danteric
2014-10-17, 07:43 AM
John was a little taken back by Anthony's reply, not quite sure what to make of it. He stopped to think for a moment, thinking back to when they first met, introduced to each other as apprentices at the same Chantry and quickly became allies, eventually running into Francis and began their coterie. After a moment of thought, he let out a sigh, his anger from the earlier event had finally began to calm down, "Fine, I may have over reacted over the Tanaka part, my mind was clouded by my magic." he said, still looking at Anthony, "But for the part that you're a Salubri, im not quite sure how to take it, this coterie has been the closest thing to friends I've had since my embrace, all those years ago. I'm torn between keeping quiet for your sake, and reporting you to the Tremere." he said, clenching his fists, his mind racing, trying to find a decision. "But for now, im giving you the benefit of the doubt, i'll keep you a secret on a few conditions, depending on if you agree with them or not will influence my decision." he said, awaiting Anthonys reply.

---------------------------------------
In the taxi

John let out a sigh as Tanaka asked to feed Francis, unsure if she could take another feeding so soon, and made a mental note to give her some blood once they got to the haven. "Fine, just be careful, i'll try to replace what I can once we get back, but wait until we get to the haven, it'll be safer there, and are you sure you're up to this? Anthony already took some from you.." he asked, worried about her safety.

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-17, 10:15 AM
What are your conditions John, Anthony's calm friendly smile taking over his face. Also I have one of my own. I am worried you will slip from your humanity faster then ever, will you strive to find Golconda with me? Then you can keep your Humanity intact.

Artemciy
2014-10-17, 01:20 PM
"No, I'm not sure. I'll need at least some water to be safe" she agreed with John. Spidercat blood ((IC 1083 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?363589-Ferrum-Impressions-IC&p=18273017#1083))) replaced any fluid shortage she had, but first, she wouldn't know how to explain that and second, there was no telling if the second time will take more.

When the sun was pawing the roofs she approached Francis, quite sheepish but wishing not to back away that easily from what became almost a promise. "Uhm. Francis?" she blushed. "You want some blood?" That sounded silly and she blushed even more.

Muenster Man
2014-10-17, 09:23 PM
Francis' eyes grew wild at the suggestion. "Yes. Yes, I need blood now. I... I promise I won't drain you." Francis approaches her hesitantly. "Are you sure?" Before hearing an answer, he bites her, drawing 3 blood points, and then forcing himself to pull away before seriously hurting her.

Staring off into empty space, Francis says "thanks" and then walks off.

Artemciy
2014-10-18, 03:35 AM
Wow. She thought when, after a while, she was able to think again. The vampiric bite is certainly... pleasant. The bite was painful and scary, but followed by what followed she knew that that pain will turn to pleasure too. She noted to herself to analyse the changes in the bodies and in the souls.

Danteric
2014-10-18, 08:45 AM
John was once again shocked at Anthony's reply, he had heard rumors of Golconda, something the Camarilla told neonates to get them to remain human, a pipe dream, but what if it was real, John had to admit it piqued his interest, especially if it could help him quell his beast. "First of all, you must continue keeping the fact that you're a Salubri a secret around other kindred, Second, you must teach me the secrets of your clan, your Disciplines and how they work, and finally, you must agree to donate a sample of Vitae for collateral, if you agree to these terms, I wont breathe a word of your clan to anyone, you have my word" he said, still staring at Anthony, "As for this Golconda you speak of, i'm interested in learning more about it, i'd rather not lose my humanity to the beast." he said, remembering the outrage from earlier.

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-18, 10:35 AM
Anthony hugs his friend glad to have him on his side again I agree to the 1st and the 3rd. Also I am glad you still want to keep your humanity. together we may be able to achieve Golconda.
As for the Second if I teach you Obeah, it means you will eventually grow a third eye like me. Are you ok with this?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
( Francis and Anthony's conversation as they leave to hunt)
Francis hold the Elevator. Anthony jogs to catch Francis and his ride down to leave he building. Thanks man. after a few seconds lapse.
So about Yesterday, are you ok with what I am?

Muenster Man
2014-10-18, 08:06 PM
"Pretty sure you're another vampire with another weird deformity, right? Like, how all Nosferatu look like gargoyles or zombies or something. Tzimisce are supposed to twist their body like it's some kind of art. Weird stuff, man. Hell, Even I'm half afraid I'll sprout a dog's tail, or walk bowlegged or some crap. I seen others who look like that. I'm already way hairier than I was when I was human.

Way I see it, nearly half of us got some weird deformity. What's so different about another eye? Surprising, yeah. But I've seen some weird stuff. Why? Should I not be okay?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-18, 09:22 PM
With Francis

Well ya.... Anthony looks at Francis in disbelieve. You really don't know? I am a Salubri, As John would put it, I am a soul sucking monster who should be killed on sight. Only 7 of us exist in the world at once.

Muenster Man
2014-10-18, 09:57 PM
Francis shrugs his shoulders. "I can bet you that more Gangrel have eaten the souls of others than Salubri. There are a lot more of us than 7, though. Anyways, I thought all of us were monsters, or something. We're the walking dead, right? Nothing against John, pretty decent guy with some jealousy issues (but who doesn't have issues, right?)" Francis jabs Anthony in the side with his elbow as he gives him a slight grin. "But I've learned long ago to never trust anything a Tremere says at face value. Normally I think of him as friend, but maybe I should think of him as a Tremere for this."

Francis considers it for a moment. "But yeah, I remember you all talking about soul-sucking, but don't think I've ever heard the name of Salubri before. Kind of curious if you've ever eaten a soul before." Francis lazily cranes his head to Anthony, looking directly into his eyes. "But I guess the real question is this: Do I have anything to worry about with you?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-18, 10:11 PM
Francis

Anthony smiles at his friend, if Arthur and Francis were any indicators Anthony liked the Gangrel clan most of all the others. No, I am your friend and will always have your back as long as you have mine. Anthony seemed to get lost in thought again.

You know, i have never actually committed Diablerie before.

Muenster Man
2014-10-18, 10:42 PM
Francis nods at Anthony.

"Neither have I."

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-18, 11:20 PM
Anthony pats Francis on the back, before he leaves the elevator with him. thanks man, you are a better friend then what i had when i was human.

Danteric
2014-10-19, 01:06 AM
John thought at the idea of growing a third eye, but figured that since the Tremere have his blood on file, they couldn't accuse him to be a Salubri, atleast hoped, "I'm fine with that, you managed to hide it for so long, it shouldn't be too hard for me." he said, noticeably more relaxed then earlier. "As promised, I wont speak a word of your true clan, but I warn you now, if the higher ups of clan Tremere find out, there isnt much I can do to help." he said, aware of the retribution that would fall upon Anthony if he was caught. "As for learning Obeah and your blood sample, we can start that once we get back to the Haven." He said, as he continued to walk along with Anthony.

cavalieredraghi
2014-10-19, 01:39 AM
Anthony winks at John. Don't worry buddy, if they find out, they won't be able to catch me. Anyways lets catch up to the others, they are probably flagging for a cab by now.

Danteric
2014-11-01, 07:29 AM
John glanced back at Sphinx, confused by his initial question, but quickly realized what he meant. The dangerous ritual of Diablerie, he had heard rumors of it, how Kindred would drain the heart blood of another Kindred, devouring the power of the victim, causing their final death. John had interest in the act itself ever since his encounter with Monty, and had tried to think of various reasons to get away with the act in the past, he knew the Camarilla wasn't exactly friendly on those who Diablerized, but with the Camarilla in London scattered and weakened, his mind had began to form dark thoughts.

"..You mean the Amaranth, dont you? But such a practice is forbidden in the Camarilla, not that they really have much of a presence left in London." he said, staring at the man. "I'm guessing by the feast earlier you captured quite a few of the cities Kindred, Are you going to do it to them once your finished?" he asked, fearing the worst for the poor Kindred, but curious in the gifts of the act.

Artemciy
2014-11-01, 08:46 AM
“You guess correctly” the big vampire answered, his dark mane flowing over the shoulders when he turned his head, a knowing smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.
“If by tomorrow some of them won't show an agreement to join the Sabbat, and let me tell you - that's usually the case, then we will use them in another capacity. Most promising pretendents will be selected to carry on the elder blood.
Duels will ensue if somebody wants a final chance to prove his worth.
Now, do you see the wisdom of it?
No blood is wasted mindlessly. The elders care to make you better. The most worthy contestant takes the prize.
What about the Camarilla? Do they offer such help and opportunity?”

The speech attracted the attention of adjoining kindred. Some discussed the vampires they’ve seen or tasted that night. Nobody wanted to get near the Malkavian, you heard.

Danteric
2014-11-02, 08:25 AM
John stared at Sphinx for a moment, thinking about his choices, "No, I cant say they do. Maybe I sho-..." he abruptly stopped, thinking about the power that Elders had. "I wont deny it, the thought of permanently enriching my Vitae is tempting, i'm only able to do so temporarily, and it doesn't always work as planned" he said, thinking on the Lasombras offer, "I assume the Sabbat must do this to every city they take over?"

Artemciy
2014-11-02, 09:41 AM
"Yes", he nods, "sharing the blood with the promising members is a long-standing tradition.
Think how our images are distorted. The Camarilla looks neat and orderly, yes?
Yet all they have is a blood hunt, where kindred die chaotically, smitten by the victim, who then falls randomly into the hands of a lucky huntsmen.
Is it any better than our organised war effort?
Yes, we use the partisan warfare, we embrace the rubble, giving us new troops and a bad image, keeping the Camarilla with an illusion of control. That's our best trick, if you ask me.
But ultimately, we suck the power out of them and let it go free, we give the majority of vampires an opportunity they'd never had if the elders and antediluvians were to rule.

You might have been taught that taking the soul of another is worse than killing, that it is the worst kind of cannibalism. Haven't you?
That kind of nonsense can't stand the light of reason, though. When you kill a deer, would it be kind to leave it rot? Wouldn't it be better to take all of it, leaving nothing to waste?
And it will save another deer. Even if the entirety of Sabbat were suddenly to vanish, the fight will continue, the kindred will strive still to be free, to have rights. But the stronger Sabbat is, the less such evolved individuals will have to suffer, the more of the world they'll have to themselves without a fear that some prince will suddenly call a blood hunt".

Muenster Man
2014-11-02, 09:57 AM
"Having your enemy not take you seriously is probably the best advantage you can have.

But, I hear horror stories that sucking the soul of another can leave a bit of them inside of you. Can't imagine dealing with that, something clawing at you from the inside, hating you every second for trapping them. You know anything about that?"

Artemciy
2014-11-02, 10:37 AM
Sphinx looked at Francis thoughtfully. You got a feeling that's something he wasn't going to mention. But then his brow brightened.
"I'm glad to know you are aware of such things! A lot of our own men are ignorant" he said bitterly, but with a compliment in his voice.
"That's why it is so much better when we organise the arrangements ourselves. Some conspiring antediluvian living through his own diablerist, that's not what we're striving for.
The trick is simply never to exempt a vessel of a blood that is much older than yours. If you're taking a generation or two lower, you're safe. Don't worry, I've seen it done a thouthand times."

Muenster Man
2014-11-02, 10:53 AM
Francis pauses for a moment and suddenly thinks back to Monty. Does that mean Monty is not himself? And the old king of London is pulling his strings even in death!? Sphinx and others in the Sabbat have to at least given that a thought. But this is probably as much as he's going to open up about it for now.

Nodding in acknowledgement, Francis returns to the conversation. "Fair enough. Small leaps in power are safer, makes sense to me."

Danteric
2014-11-03, 12:44 AM
John nods at Francis' comment, but trying to think of Mithras actually controlling Monty gave him a headache. "So say we take you up on your earlier offer, joining the Sabbat, that is, we'd have access to Diablerie, a way to lower our generation?" he said, still thinking about the though of a victim still living in their diablerist. "It's a tempting offer, its definitely not something you'd see in a Camarilla city, I assume its a first come, first serve thing otherwise?" he asked, trying to prob further into the subject.

Artemciy
2014-11-03, 04:45 PM
Sphinx was confused a bit about an offer he never made. Was it a smart maneuvering on John's part? True, it was implied, but you'll excuse an old vampire some formality?

Sighing, he pressed his chin for some answers.

"The diablerie is not the point. Sure, nobody will look you in the mouth... your aura, that is, and scream in horror. That's a given.
But apart from being the force of freedom and democracy we also offer... certain benefits. Like pointing you in the right direction. Giving you some cooperation, so that the pesky elder doesn't nail you instead."

His hushed voice was soft when he continued.

"It's not the walk in the park, just the opposite, it's war!
«Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.»"

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-15, 11:41 PM
Anthony sat down in the alley as the young boy finally seemed to calm down. When the foaming and growling stopped, Anthony got up seeming to finally be in his right frame of mind. He looked down at the punk. You feeling ok now, can you tell me your name?

David in life was from the slums of London. He was raised not to have morals but he did have them. He despite having them he still would do what he needed to survive. David lived with his alcoholic mother, and sick sister. He was the only one who tried to work and pay for his sister's hospital bills. He recently lost his one job at a packaging plant, it was a few day after this that he truly felt hopeless. after trying to avoid it for years David knew he was going to have to resort to crime. It was that night he robbed a small quick store to hopefully gain enough money to pay for his sister's next operation.

He would have most likely been a Gangrel if ever Embraced by some one else, but a Salubri would have been maybe next, He is very flexible and strong, but also quick witted and Perceptive. He is loyal to those who help him, but wants to help those who need it more then those who can take care of themselves. He tempers his compassion with previous experience and personal feelings.

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-16, 11:56 AM
The boy only stopped his growling for a second as Anthony looked over him he could still tell he was enraged. So Anthony rummaged through his pack, to find his paper and pen, He wrote a quick note on where the boy can find him when he calms down. Upon which ha crumbles it up and shoves it into the boy's mouth, for a human it would have block his air way and prevented him from breathing but at least this boy was no longer human.

Anthony then wondered his way home, allowing the walk to clear his mind like it did when he was human. on the way home he looked like a freak what with a missing ear and some flesh being torn from him, but he did not care. When he arrived he called at for the one person he needed to talk to most.

Tanaka are you here? I can I talk to you?

He finds a note and read it on where to go. Anthony heals himself before leaving, then goes to find his friends, if they could forgive him for what he did.

Artemciy
2014-11-17, 04:05 PM
David clawed the paper uncomforably obscuring his breath and cast it away. He banged on the water prison, coloring the water with his blood. After a while the prison subsided, the paper was now a ship of trash floating on the plash. He ran away.

Few blocks from there a woman screamed.

Hours later he found himself wandering the lanes of a quiet park, his clothes torn, his shirt covered in blood. He didn't remember a thing past the point where he robbed the night shop. What happened?!

As I have already said in private, waiting for the thrall to calm down is not an option. Frenzy lasts longer than that and Anthony would be in another place already by that time.

CavalierDraghi got to play his thrall. Keep in mind he doesn't know he's a vampire, etc.
First he was ambushed by Anthony from the shadows, then after embrace he was frenzied, leaving a flash of Anthony's face the only memory of the encounter.

Also, vampires do not learn not to breath until later.

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-17, 11:52 PM
David, clutched his head trying to remember what just happened and why he was covered in blood. despite all his effort he could not recall. first thing was first he needed to get home, and clean up. David looked around to get his bearings, when he found them he ventured home, To his abusive alcoholic mother, and he little sister.

I will create a character sheet for him tomorrow, I assume that is what i have to do right?

Muenster Man
2014-11-17, 11:57 PM
Responding to Tanaka's and Anthony's conversation in the IC thread, if that's alright.
"I think I missed something. Was that what you were doing, Anthony? Got someone under your wing now. That makes you somebody's sire. Have you been planning on this? I mean, what do you plan to do with it?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-18, 12:04 AM
umm.... I did not mean to, I mean I did not plan on Siring anyone. When I get the chance I will find him, and if he is worthy of being a Cainite then I will teach him, otherwise I will kill him. Anthony looked serious though inside his own mind he was thinking why did I say that, I would not kill someone for no reason, but I did.

Muenster Man
2014-11-18, 12:11 AM
"That's a solid way of going about it. Way I see it, your offspring is already dead but living on borrowed time. Being one of us is a privilege, takes a lot of talent to pull off. If they don't have the chops to make it, then" Francis runs a finger across his throat.

"Just so you know, while I will take care of a lot of people for you, this one will be up to you."

Francis had been wrestling with the notion that Anthony wasn't a someone to protect anymore, but a peer instead. His decisions are his own to make, and if he slips into depravity, then so be it.

Artemciy
2014-12-04, 06:36 PM
"I think I have one of those things in me" Tanaka said.
She obviously thought very hard before that confession, her tension apparent in the secluded space of the car. In fact, her hands were more frozen then unsual for a span, it wasn't like her to sit that straight.
"It's lost, kind of. And wants to stay for a ride".

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-04, 07:30 PM
Anthony looks at Tanaka concerned, Are you sure you want it to stay. Having something inside you, that you can't control or trust, it is a burden. If you believe in yourself, then I will follow what ever decision you make.

Muenster Man
2014-12-04, 08:13 PM
Francis gives a quick look back at the conversation while he's driving, and speaks, rather obnoxiously "Something inside of her!? What, you mean like she's hungry too? That's how I always feel when I'm hungry, like something trying to claw its way out! We can stop by and get some human fast food on the way the way there if you want."

Suspicious though he may have been towards Thursday, Tanaka (along with John and Anthony) was nearly above suspicion, and he didn't put 2+2 together and consider the possibility of demons.

Artemciy
2014-12-04, 08:29 PM
"You're such a lalapazaza, Anthony" she teased. Then got more serious. "Thanks, it means a great deal to have your support".

She snickered when Francis chimed in. "Right ho! She's hungry. I've got those urges since she got in... Wouldn't mind stopping for a bite, wouldn't mind at all..." her voice became dreamy and throaty, not quite the usual for her.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-04, 08:38 PM
Alright you heard the lady lets get her some food. Anthony does not take his eyes off her though concerned for her well being.

Artemciy
2014-12-04, 08:41 PM
Her eyes become confused for a moment, then crazy with laugher. "Oh, good" she agreed, chuckling beyond herself. "If you see a place, let me in".

Muenster Man
2014-12-04, 10:33 PM
The car sat idle in a parking lot beneath a sign that read Tortoise's 24/7 Taco's and the coterie was sitting in the cramped car. A bag of dubious food lay in Tanaka's lap. "One of the upsides to being a vampire is that you never have to worry about food poisoning anymore. Good luck with that, T!"

Thursday helped Francis make more sense of the visual read-out of his glasses before heading out, but before having much time to test them out, they received indication that the Sabbat was gathering. Francis quickly pulled out of the parking lot and drove to their destination.

Artemciy
2014-12-04, 11:06 PM
"You'll spoil me!" Tanaka talked between bites. It seemed she was hungry after all! "Mmm, I like the spicy stuff!" Her aura was turning violet.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-04, 11:31 PM
Anthony's eyes twitched as he watched her eat. the smell the look it was all wrong. If he was human he would be holding his stomach in disgust.

I don't know what those are, but they are not tacos.

Artemciy
2014-12-05, 08:37 PM
"I wouldn't know anything about it" she smiled, a bit of onion on her lip.
"You have high standards, do you? Grown in a family?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-05, 09:37 PM
No I am just from Arizona, and that is not a taco. What was wrong with Tanaka, this can't be her, she knew he was raised by himself, by his mother.

Artemciy
2014-12-05, 10:10 PM
She stared at him some. Over her dwindling meal. What a creature he was, soft on the outside but full of sharp corners.
"You don't have to fear from me" she said regally, placing a hand upon his shoulder, breaking into a snicker. "I'm mostly an orphan myself".

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-05, 10:16 PM
IF you can't control it Tanaka, you will lose my support.

Artemciy
2014-12-05, 10:27 PM
Ouch! What did I do wrong? she thought, falling into a coiled cobra stance.
"Everything I do is already right" she said coolly. "For me."

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-05, 10:48 PM
For you or for it.

Artemciy
2014-12-05, 10:58 PM
She froze for a span.

"Maybe you're right" she allowed. A swath of emotion erupted from below the crust of ice covering the peaks when she said "It's just I feel so protective of it, so tender. Like having a rose blushing on my bosom".

Then she closed up. It was all bulsh-t, of course. Offering support and immediately blackmailing her with it? "I would support you" and then "it might be it"? It wasn't like she did something she never did before. Suddenly she felt vulnerable, the demon was a reason to clip her behaviour, to throw suspicion around her anytime he wanted to. She regretted ever telling, giving her trust. But she decided to let it go, to each it's own.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-05, 11:02 PM
Anthony signs in relief. he then places a hand on her shoulder.

I just don't want to lose you. Anthony looks at John for a second, so he does not need to feel jealous.
Any of you. He then looks back to Tanaka.

Just be careful ok, Demons are nasty pieces of work. Anthony then and there knew he was going to need to Work on his Obeah at full speed in case he was needed to purify any of them.

Muenster Man
2014-12-07, 10:25 AM
Francis sprinted as fast as he could and didn't look back. He could see at least a dozen Sabbat standing at a distance, looking confused. Then, light. Light and heat burst forth from behind him. He could feel it running through his very being, telling his legs to run faster than they already were. Keep it together! Now is not the time to fall apart.

Looking back up, he noticed the Sabbat were falling apart. Scattering to the four winds. Disgust and contempt for them outweighed his own fear.What sickeningly weak creatures. As a pack, they're strong. But get them alone and they're so very, very weak. He was close to a group of three of them. They weren't running together because it was safer. It's just they happened to be running in the same direction. One even pushed another out of the way! Then, the aggressive one darted off into an alleyway. Another began scaling a building. The third looked desperately around for safety and started cutting through a small park. That one! Francis thought to himself as he continued pursuit.

Despite his wounds from last night, Francis was still faster than most. But he wasn't closing the distance fast enough. Every leap and bound he made sent jolts of pain throughout his body. Gritting his teeth, he ignored the pain just long enough to make it back to nearly his top speed (-1 Willpower) and leaped on the fleeing Sabbat. He attempted to grapple the wayward soul and sink his fangs into him.

Strength+Brawl+Passive Potence [roll0]
Francis will drain this one dry and kill him afterwards. But, (I know you dislike conditional actions, but I feel that it's realistic he would change his actions depending on this) if Francis realizes that this Sabbat's blood is more potent than his, he will actually attempt to go through with Diablerie.

Artemciy
2014-12-07, 12:30 PM
An explosion sent her on her back. Suddenly everyone ran. Screams shocked her. What’s going on? She was distracted a bit and then…

“Slimey bastich!
Let’s go, kiddo…” Jack squinted.

Then she was flying.

A secondary explosion hit from under the ground, making the earth rise in a boil. Still having the Focus effect active she had plenty of time to oogle around, dreaming of a time when she could open her wings. Bracing for impact instead, she conjured Organic Resilience in the few seconds of flailing in the air.

Then she was out for a while. Conscious, but having only a passive thought.

Thursday crawled to her, as if afraid to stand. Looked into her eyes.
Seemed like a while.

“Guess the worst is over, heh?” the Brujah glanced around, relieved she wasn’t dead.

She looked, too, trying to make sense, to understand why.

She noticed familiar fate-threads… On, no! It was a trap, and Anthony…

Crawling to him, she favored the broken fingers. Until she thought, Why do I crawl? That’s silly.

Walking unsteadily she tried to reach the ruin. Other vampires were there, picking at the rubble.
The Brujah has stopped her.

“You don’t want to look at it” he said firmly.

“Look...” she gathered her thought while pushing at his arms. “I know exactly where he is!”

Anarchs thrown sympathetic glances at you before going their way. You stood for a while, looking at the trees, at the brightening sky. It was time to go as well. Tanaka claimed there was still a chance, but Anthony’s body was buried under the rubble and the place was crawling with emergencies, their lights throwing nagging reflections on the morning gloom. John sent you a message.

A few minutes passed in silence before you driven home.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-07, 12:50 PM
Anthony was the last in the group to try and leave, It was then the explosion hit. He was at the door, when he saw it coming, like waves and torrents of flame and force. He tried to close the door, only to have it blast apart on him. The force of it all was unlike that in which he had experienced before. the blast sent him against the wall as it knocked him around. When it was over Anthony could barely move his lungs where so charred he could not speak, or yell for help, and then unable to take the pain he slips into a torpor. He knew the only reason he was still undead was thanks to hopefully God himself.

Muenster Man
2014-12-07, 04:26 PM
He drew blood from his victim until he was drawing on an empty vein. But he kept drawing. The very essence of the Sabbat vampire was at his lips. There was no hesitation on Francis' part, he ate the soul of the vampire! The body he grappled shuddered and went still as its remaining life left its body.

What a rush! A thrill of exhilaration wracked his body like no other sensation ever had. And he got the distinct impression that no sensation ever would again. There was no explosion, there was no Goratrix, there was no petty squabble between factions. There was only the present moment. And a lingering doubt. What did he just do? He's killed plenty before, but this was different. This was personal. This was intimate. He had eaten the very essence of someone. Someone he didn't know, but somehow did. All if its anger, anxiety, laughter and so much more was screaming to get out. Muffled, yes, but in the back of his head. What did I do!? Get out of my head!

A howl in the distance broke his train of thought. He quickly crouched down and looked terrified. Wolves in the city?! Picking at stray sheep, just like I did... no, not like I did.

He ran a short distance away looking for a place to hide. He looked at the ground, and realized it'd be the perfect place to ride out the day. Using Earth Meld (1 bp), he interred himself in the earth, resting in between the dimension of the physical and astral.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-08, 01:00 PM
Anthony for a time saw nothing but the void, utter black and nothingness around him. He floated there for a time, till he could not take the nothingness anylonger. He wanted nothing more then to be somewhere else Anywhere else. It was then in an instant the Black faded away, revealing Anthony's once home the sharp jagged mountains of Arizona. Here Anthony could see the Sun setting, the beautiful sight of an Arizona sun set, as the sky was ablaze with brilliant Pinks Reds, Yellows and Oranges. All the colors streaked across the sky, it was as he always remembered so beautiful and breath taking.

Anthony gazed at the sun for a few seconds, till He knew it best to to dwell on what he believed to be good memories for to long. He needed to focus on the now, and suddenly the world shifted and moved as He in what seemed like seconds, traveled over thousands of miles till Anthony was floating over London. Am I really Dreaming? Anthony thought as He saw the sun begin to raise. He thought where then of where he was, and with another shift he was floating over the house that he was in. the walls collapsed and he no where to be seen with the sun starting to raise.

Good at least I will be safe for a little while. As soon at Anthony thought that, he could see the Officials coming to inspect the scene. Damn. hopefully they will find me underground. Where did Tanaka and the others go? Anthony shifts once more to where Tanaka, John and Thursday where staying. He floated near the ceiling, unsure if they could even see him let alone hear him. He was simply glad they were alright. His gaze stayed on Tanaka, for a time, He was unsure what to do, was she still angry at him about earlier tonight. It was then he remember the boy!

Anthony seems to float through the wall as the world slowly this time moves beneath him as he came to what Anthony assumed to be the boy's home. He entered as he floated there, watching the boy. David just sat on his bed, clearly the sun was starting to tire him, but he did not know why. he slowly got up and moved to the curtains in his room. He slipped hs hands through the thick blanket like sheets when he pulled back violetly, His hands where covered in third degree burns.

What is going on? what happened last night...

he falls onto his bed shaking from sorrow.

My life is turning upside down, why is this happening to me... *quite sob* Finally the crying stops as Anthony can tell the boy is now asleep for the day. He had to remember the way here, so Anthony could find this boy once the he himself was awake. Not sure what else to do He returned to Tanaka, floating next to her, unless she went into some place for privacy. He wished he could speak to her. He knew how David felt, and it was seeming to happen to him again right now. Anthony's world was turning upside down.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-10, 11:30 AM
David had to figure out what was going on. Why was he acting so strange, why was he covered in blood last night. What happened to him after He robbed that store? So many questions so little time. David knew the best place to start looking was where his memory was last, the alley where he blacked out that had to be a good start.

Artemciy
2014-12-10, 11:41 AM
Arriving there he began to look around for any signs. It looked like a hopeless endeavour, but he kept at it, picking up rubble, staring mutely at the trash.

Something in that dark stain looked familiar. It smelled of metal and earth and... for some reason... he liked it! He... he wanted it!

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-10, 12:56 PM
David, moved closer to it as if his feet had a mind of there on, He bend over to the stain, smelling it, putting his finger to it, and then finally tasting what was on his finger. What the hell is this stuff, why is it so enticing. What the hell is going on. David must be going insane, is what he thinks as he talks to himself.

He stays crouched over the stain for a time till if anything catches his eye.

Artemciy
2014-12-10, 01:17 PM
Eh, what's this? A piece of paper was mooning in the corner, at the end of the blood trail.
A dog came from somewhere, curiously sniffing the place where two-legs looked. Was it food?
It's hair like hills, it's eyes balls of glass.
The animal yelped a bit before running away to it's master.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-10, 01:24 PM
Did I do that? David thought, but the dog running back to who ever called it was enough for him. David grabbed the paper and darted out of the alley. He ran as fast as he could and far away till he felt safe. He un-crumpled the paper, to see if it had any notes.

Artemciy
2014-12-10, 01:32 PM
Under a lamp which made the night into a cold and unforgiving sight he unrolled the paper, carefully straightening it. The writing was blotted a bit.

Suggested roll Wits+Investigation vs DC 7

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-10, 02:06 PM
David looks at the note as he tries to decipher it.

[roll0]

David is able to read the note. he even laughed a little this was more legible despite its ruined shape then his old bosses handwriting. reading it again and then a third time, when he finally believes it was meant for him. it was an address, as well as a promise to explain what was going on with him. signed Anthony.

Alright Anthony I will see what you have to say? He follows the address seeing it was not actually that far from where the quick stop was that he robbed last night. He waited a little while, while he scooped the place out. when he finally saw activity and what looked like a very Hairy man leave, he went to the door and knocked.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-17, 10:49 PM
Anthony and David stood by the door, as Anthony waved his friends goodbye while they left for the mission. He was over joyed to see Tanaka was ok as well as the others, even if she was not happy about seeing David. Anthony and David then returned to the house, and they both found what was a passable living room. Anthony took on of the recliners, while David sat on the couch, eyeing Anthony for a while in silence, his eyes always gancing towards where Anthony's third eye was, though now it is hidden again. Anthony broke the silence,

"So I Assume you have questions, I will do my best to answer them. Unlike my Sire, I hope to teach you and help you as much as possible. "

David looks a little weary of this, but did respond. "Why did you make me, a Vampire? Why was I so special? "

Anthony looks down at the ground then up to the ceiling as he tries to think of an answer.

What would you like to hear, the truth, or what would please you? I could say I was watching for some time, that I singled you out, but that would be a lie. I did a terrible thing to you, I placed a curse on you that you will now carry till your final death, Or a Salubri can free you.At first I did not mean to do this to you, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But before I can Continue you seem to be wondering something what is it?

David does look confused now. Um what is a Salubri? How can such a thing free me?

Anthony gives a crooked smile. You are a Salubri, Each Vampire is different many of us have clans that we belong to. We are not necessarily family, but we do share the same source of our abilities. now I don't know about you, but I am starving, lets go get a bite to drink. I will explain everything on the way.

Anthony slowly gets up as he walks to the door. David, hangs his head as he yells to Anthony.

I am not going to kill anyone with you.
Anthony just yells back.
Good I was not planning on Killing anyone!

David then reluctantly follows Anthony, as his desire to learns is only competed by his desire to not stay in a lair of Vampires. Anthony walked for miles it seemed, or maybe he walked in circles. David was not sure or fully aware, as Anthony explained all he knew to David. finally however Anthony stopped at a bar. He and David went in, and Anthony starting to be his Charming self once more to a couple of young men who seemed enthralled by his presence. David understood now, that for the most part Anthony did not hunt like most, he used charm and personally so the human thought they were experience the night of their life.

[roll0]

taking 8 bps total so 4 from each man that Anthony seduced. all of which is going towards healing.
Anthony was able to woo both young men as he took them to their home. David stayed back and waited for a a time till Anthony came back out, as he was looking alot better in terms of visible pain.
They are both still alive if you want to check, and I believe I may have set them up to start dating each other now. hehe. Anthony was smiling as always as he skipped along.

So David you now know I am a healer, why did you want to know before.

My Sister, she is sick, and I can't afford a doctor. Can you please help her, I will do anything so long as she stays alive! Please Anthony. She was a Polio victim and now suffers from Acute Myliod Lukemia. I can't afford the bills to help her, but she needs a Doctor.

Anthony internally winced at hearing the young girl suffer both what his grandmother suffered from and his what his younger cousin suffered from, when Anthony was turned.

Alright I will help, but when I cure your sister, I want you to break all ties to her. you will disappear after she is healed understood. You can't risk biting her, or killing her. and While I heal her you are not to see her unless I am there clear.
David looked shocked at what he most do if Anthony is to heal her.
But, I won't I can't....

Anthony cut him off.

You said you would do anything, and this is another way to protect your sister. We prey on humans, and it took me years before I could stop myself from not killing one while I gave them the kiss. If you love your sister you will not risk harming her.
David clenched his fist, as he looked to the ground if it was possible he may have been crying at this moment.
I understand. fine, Will you at least see her tonight?
Yes I would like to see my patient. lead on David.
As David lead Anthony to his home, the passed through on of London's many parks, when a pack of dogs came and start to snarl and bark at David. Anthony calmed them down and bite each one, taking only a touch of blood from each dog, upon which they all just lay there in ecstasy from the kiss.

I will say there were 6 dogs, Anthony takes 1 bp from each. using 2 too heal himself for the last slot.

David finally leads Anthony to his home without any further trouble. David leads him to his sleeping sister.
hmm

Anthony does some quick visual examinations. he then leaves the room quietly with David. He then steps outside, with David, rather then being in the living room where a woman was snoring on the couch.

I believe I may be able to help, but it will take time. I should be able to start tomorrow night. Now one last thing to help you control your thrist. I want you only to drink from Animals while you adjust to this new Unlive alright? Now lets head to Our Haven alright. I'll cover all cost for your sister's medical treatment.

David nodded following his Sires command, even though he did not have to Anthony has only decided to help him, After his mistake for what he did to him. David was still a bit ticked off at Anthony about it, but at least he was willing and able to help his sister, for that David would do what he needed for Anthony. Anthony wondered how his friends where doing. He looked for Thursday when he arrived at the haven. David sat down in the living room for now, processing everything he learned this night.

Artemciy
2014-12-18, 10:41 AM
When Anthony approached the heaven, he noticed the light being turned on in their tower. Strange…

“Have you left the light?” he asked.

“Nnn-no, I remember finding the switch. Mum always shouts if I leave the light on.”

What did they do?

As for Thursday, you can reach him and other Anarchs on the goggles.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-18, 11:35 AM
You are not with your Mum? Mom? eh anymore. But just to be safe we will stay out here for a second. Anthony waits around the corner before entering the Haven as he shoots a text to Thursday.

Did you or any other Auroch go by the Haven? I see a light on and I don't want to walk in if it is not safe.

Artemciy
2014-12-18, 12:46 PM
It wasn't the usual text, of course. He didn't even had the Thursday phone number and even if he had some, the past experience should have taught him that texting or calling was a thing to do only in the absolute emergency. Using a secure chat application Anarchs installed, that was another matter.

"Nope, not me" an answer came from Thursday.

Figures. The Brujah had better things to do than stick around in their haven.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-18, 01:57 PM
Hmm alright. David I want you to stay here, if I don't return, in the hour you are to go look for Tanaka, and the others alright. I am not going to risk you.

Anthony moves and heads for the Haven, but instead of using the front door, he enters through the living room window.Once He enters he start looking for where this possible intruder maybe While keeping his presence as hidden as possible.

to move from place to place quietly so he can use his Obfuscate.
[roll0]

Artemciy
2014-12-18, 03:27 PM
Anthony circled the house to find a climb to the roof. Five minutes, and he was peeking through the closed window inside. Nobody bothered to open the shutters and move the drapes, so he had no luck seeing through. The hole blasted by the Void Engineer was his only venue unless he wanted to break the window or open it in a way fantastic and unexpected.

The light that was seeping through the cracks was suddenly gone. He heard the door creak.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-19, 12:55 PM
Anthony moves along the roof, to find the roof surface hatch, so he could get inside the build.

David was standing behind a wall of the fence watching the scene, as the lights go out, he watches to see if anyone comes out of the front entrance.

Artemciy
2014-12-19, 01:30 PM
The path into the bowels of the building was there, in the plain sight, but it was closed. The heavy door refused to raise from its cradle. With a little bit of force he could probably make it, but was it woth the trouble?

Even from here he heard the quiet exchange between two persons walking down the stairs.

David waited patiently but there wasn't any movement just yet.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-19, 01:39 PM
Anthony decides to climb down the building and take the front entrance, as he thought trying to open the roof hatch may be too risky. He only hoped to be able to intercept the intruders in time. While David tries his best to remain hidden while he watches the front doors.

[roll0]

Artemciy
2014-12-19, 02:05 PM
Anthony swept down the fire escape ladder, circled the building running... and caught them just in time, only it was in front of the building and not inside.

Two ruffled vampires he didn't seen before, they stared at him for a stretching moment in the surprise of recognition, then anger touched their faces. Almost synchronously, though really just mimicking each other, they grasped for their guns.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-19, 02:09 PM
Hang on now, no need to fight. just want to know why you where in my home. Did Sphinx send you? Did he make it out of the explosion.

Anthony's stance was not exactly peacefully after all they were armed and he wasn't, but maybe he could reason with them despite the anger that hung in the air.

[roll0]

Artemciy
2014-12-19, 06:50 PM
“Cause you’re our prize, that’s why! Isn’t he, John?” When the right one aimed his spray-and-pray at Salubri one of his eyes flashed red.

“It’s f-cking Christmas” the other one answered, his disheveled head had a greenish hue of somebody who’d benefit from a doctor’s attention. “Hey, base, you’re seeing it?!”

“You’re coming with us, fella, or you’re coming down” the red-eyed one threatened, enjoying his role.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-20, 12:22 AM
Listen fellows you look like a smart pair, so I am going to safe you a little trouble alright. Do you know what happened the other night? hmm either of you. you know the whole house exploding and I being stuck under the thing, and yet look here I am alive well undead and kicking. Now if a house exploding can't stop me how can either of you hope to stop me hmm? He then Looks at the one who has the implants.

Listen, Sphinx or who ever you are Base. I will only come in if the Fury comes and talks to me understood. Ya I know a Death wish right. Just trust me, after all i did try and get you out of the basement first Sphinx, you owe me this much at least.

get these guys to leave peacefully and bring back the Fury.
[roll0]

Artemciy
2014-12-20, 02:30 PM
“Look how he sings. Want to climb an octave? You homo!”
The red-eyed clown looked at Anthony with glassy eyes. Not much of what the socialite said have passed behind the persecutor’s screen. The thug saw a victim, a thing that was reacting nicely to his threats and it was high time to up the stakes.

Meanwhile the other man have glanced at his peer then back at the Salubri, considering.
“Wait!” he stopped his trigger-happy comrade from doing anything rush. “I’d like to hear his version.”
“Tell us about the explosion” he motioned to Anthony with an alien-looking gun.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-21, 12:40 AM
The explosion was caused by a gas leak. which would have happened from, Sphinx's attack. anything could have caused the explosion a simple spark was enough. I did not see the ignition, but if Sphinx was truly trying to find something in there he would have risked who ever went in there. Imagine I was not there, who would he send? You, some one you know? this among others is causing me to doubt Sphinx true drive for the cause. Sure we are the kings of world, but do we truly need to risk others in our defeat of those Camy. Should we truly be showing such ill planning and weakness?

[roll0]

David was not sure was going on, Why was Anthony talking to them? Was his Sire going to be alright he had to think fast.

Artemciy
2014-12-21, 05:59 AM
Once you’re dead, your form tends to return to the moment of your embrace. This one was embraced with his hair in a storm and perpetual stubble, which he now scratched.
“Look… I heard about the explosion, but I know nothing about that Sphinx thing you keep referring to.
Tell you what. Why don’t we go back to your place and you tell us everything from the start?”

The red eye have glanced darkly at his compatriot.
“I don’t care about his lies!” he said with a hint of a challenge, “but if there are drinks...”

“Yeah… I’m sure our host will provide.” dishevelhead placated. “Wouldn’t you?”

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-21, 11:07 AM
I can provide what I can. I do have blood bags just in case, shall we? Anthony gestures for them to follow him upstairs. Anthony hoped David would listen to him, and run. He did not deserve to get thrown into this ****ed up war. When David saw them leave out of sight he crept in behind trying to get closer.

Anthony and the others arrived to his apartment. Take a seat i will get you your glasses. Anthony wonders to the kitchen and pours what little left of any blood bags he has which is probably very little.
It is not much I haven't had the chance to replenish my stores.

David was listening in through the door.

Anthony takes a seat on the couch. So you don't know who Sphinx is? strange He is one of the first Sabbat i met since the start of all of these attacks. But Sure I can explain anything you need. I am from Arizona, originally, a lot of chaos there. mainly Sabbat controlled, some Camy opposition every once and a while. definitely Anarchs too, they seem to always find a middle ground. Anyways I have been a spy to try and seed chaos within some of the Tremere Chapters. It was working till Monty attacked me and my Coterie. Anthony continues to go on about him being a Sabbat spy trying to find weakness but having to shift his focus temporarily to deal with Monty so the Camy's did not suspect him as a accomplice, which he wasn't. He does leave out some details such as Tanaka being a Witch, given he does not want her to be an even bigger target, and even him siring David.

I know it is hard to believe. While I don't mind the idea of the Camy's leaving London, Once they leave I will want to move on to the next chapter, it would be nice to, you know, not be captured again or have this happen again. While i do have to say it was pretty convincing for the Camy's. now then about the Fury, Sphinx, the guy you don't know, ya he said a Fury was working here as well I wish to talk to him. you know what a Fury is right? a Soul Sucker, A Cyclops?
[roll0]

david's roll
[roll1]

Artemciy
2014-12-23, 10:02 AM
The dead youngsters in the other room didn’t hear the Anthony’s confession. Only seven men heard it: a Sabbat handler, watching the dots moving on the map, two ductuses, on their way, his guests, pariently waiting for the trap to spring, dreaming of how their status will skyrocket from catching the invincible warlock, David, hungrily catching every word, an anonymous Nosferatu, watching Anarchs from his secret basement.

A leery smirk crossed the face sparking with the red star in the dusk. “You’ll have every chance to meet the freak where we’re going. Now stand!” he motioned with the gun, springing himself.

David was startled by a pointed cough, his hackles rising from the sudden pressure of a ring of eyes on the back of his head.

Muenster Man
2014-12-24, 08:49 AM
Anthony's glasses receive a simple message. Should he open them with a slight movement of his eyes, it'll simply say:

Trouble?
-F

Artemciy
2015-01-03, 07:14 PM
Fear. Fear of the unknown. She was afraid to dial that number, figured it now. Afraid of the pain, of the loss, of suspicion, afraid of being afraid. That wasn’t like her, wasn’t like her at all. When did she became that squeamish?
I’ll talk with Maris and I’ll call, she thought.

- Hello?
- Uhm. It’s me again.
- Who’s “me”?
- I called you the other day. About “mr. Wolf”? That’s how he called himself, I get it’s an alias…
- What do you want?
- I want to… help. Simply help… I know Wolf is dead, I know you have… troubles. I might be… useful.
- Look, who are you? How do you know that… mr. Wolf?

There was no click of recognition in the woman’s voice, just the professional screen. It made the witch feel uneasy. Could it be?... She paused, on the line... on the voice... forming a quick spell… ((Ent 7d10vs7=4)).
Oh no, it wasn’t a furry! It was…

- Wait, who are you?! How did you get a hold of this phone?
- …
*Click*.

T felt embarrassed, but only for a second. I’ll get to these wolves.

Maris walked her through the motions of finding their base. Oh yes, they had wards! He chucked when she put her little finger on the map, coagulating her feeling into a smear on three-dimensional and rasping it against the nearest known pothers.

The feeling wasn’t fake, it was a mirage, a mirror sewn to lead someone like her on a goose chase.

“But where’s the real thing?” she asked.

“It is where you feel it. The mirror has to reflect something. The problem is only the placement. Tune it out and focus on the mirror.”

But she couldn’t. It was like seeing the night behind the dawn passing into a day.

“Don’t try too hard. You won’t feel it yet. Here it is” he pointed at the map. “And here. And here. They’ve muddled the waters further by putting several caerns into a single reflection. Putting several eggs into one sack… Then again, anyone getting past will find them anyway.”

Muenster Man
2015-01-28, 07:47 AM
He shook his head "No, Monty's gone. I'm alright with officially severing ties for now. Any way we can still work in each other's favor? Low-key, of course."

Artemciy
2015-01-28, 08:13 AM
“That’s too bad” Mendie replied, staring directly at the Gangrel.

“He was busy securing a position inside the Sabbat, a newly appointed archbishop no less. Without a city yet, but still, his death will have repercussions.”

He sighed heavily and looked away.

“In some circles taking him down is a plus, and that’s why we’re talking. Arthur approached some of us about giving the Camarilla a foothold into Sabbat security systems. Officially, we would be fools to do that with the city still in the Sword of Caine’s hands. That would expose our resources, not to mention already being an easy target to pick on… And we don’t. For the record.

Still, I’ve personally picked some pieces, a gift from one friendly kindred to another. Should help Arthur with watever he is planning to do. You being on good terms with him, your lack of offilation with Anarchs and your recent exploits makes you a best person to sneakernet it. I think.

You take the job?”

Muenster Man
2015-01-28, 12:37 PM
"Yeah, I'll take the job. Been wondering what Arthur's been up to these past couple nights."

Getting back in touch with Arthur was probably one of the best outcomes Francis could have expected from this meeting. But if he could get something else out of it, it'd be even better. He reaches into his pocket and retrieves his tech goggles.

"I know we're not officially associated anymore, but any chance you could point me to the right direction of someone who could fix this up for me? They still function... kind of. The display is all kinds of screwy and a lot of programs have been giving me error messages."

Artemciy
2015-01-28, 04:01 PM
The Brujah watched the thing for a time, then took it silently. “I will see it fixed” he nodded. “Heard you’ve been ordering to Ovingdean? It will be delivered.”

The following silence made it sound like you’ve been dismissed. Or that Mendie wasn’t a talkative guy.

- Go back to the airship. Robbi will handle him a small box with the fixed glasses the next night.
- Ask about the package.
- Dig deeper into Mendie's past with Arthur or the current state of affairs.
- Poke someone on the way out.
- Do something else.

Muenster Man
2015-01-28, 08:00 PM
"Thanks a bunch, I'll try and track down Arthur." Francis says as he leaves.

As he leaves, he thinks to himself This better not be a bomb.

Artemciy
2015-01-28, 08:30 PM
http://prntscr.com/5yd7o8 - Thing is, Francis didn't get the package. (That's why there was the "Ask about the package" option). You might want to edit out the "with the package" words...
:smallamused:

Next night a small box waited for Francis when he emerged from the slumber. Inside he found his goggles, fixed. A note was folded carelessly under: “Hey, seen what you did to Monty-Ponty. Watched the video five times. You did that sucker! Installed some extras into your thing, enjoy.”

Muenster Man
2015-01-28, 09:19 PM
Ah, I assumed that option was to ask about what was in the package, not about the location of the package. So are the items Francis is supposed to sneakernet to Arthur stored on the goggles?

Francis read the note and grinned. Then he read it a few more times out of self-indulgence. Eventually he got around to trying out his goggles to see what the extras were.

Artemciy
2015-01-28, 09:39 PM
So are the items Francis is supposed to sneakernet to Arthur stored on the goggles?
Right-o. Good guess! )

Looking closer at the glasses he recognized the thing almost immediately. It was attached to one of the temples, making it larger and giving the glasses a more gadgeteeing look. Directed emitter! And not the cheapest version, this one was probably factored layer by layer with a nano-process. The thing could produce waves in almost any configuration, allowing one to hack or at least disable most electronic devices remotely by inducing the necessary currents. He wondered how the hacking worked without it. But now it was a decent tool, although a bit too much recognisable by people in the know... Then again, it looked like the device could be detached if need by.

This improves the hacking option. Francis often will be able to see whether the hack was successfull. Also works as a passive or active radar, integrated into the map and the tactical HUD.

Muenster Man
2015-01-28, 10:09 PM
"Damn, it's a shame that this is for someone else."
He puts on the goggles to ensure the rest of it works just fine. Out of curiosity, he searched to see if the video of him fighting Monty was on the glasses. He knew it would eventually bite him in the butt; the Sabbat weren't likely to let this go. But he might as well enjoy it while he can.

Artemciy
2015-01-28, 10:26 PM
It wasn't there, but he found his Anarch network access was still intact, just turned "read-only" somehow. The thing was all over the news, he found a link to the video in one of the threads and a sizeable discussion to boot. Reactions was mostly positive, he might have realized of becoming himself the hero of the day. If any kindred in the city hardly heard of him before, now he and John were definitely the hotshots. People were forming theories about their allegiance. Some claimed they have been seen among the Anarchs lately but those rare accounts were firmly refuted by witnesses telling otherwise.

There was a futage on Anthony and Tanaka, too, getting some controversy around it.

If Lord Nikon promised to cover the cameras, he certainly didn't held to his word. Although with the Sabbat seeing the fight through the interrogator's eye-thing the hiding might have been moot.

Muenster Man
2015-01-29, 12:47 PM
He allowed himself to bask in the glory of recognition for a minute after reading the reactions. There would be problems, for sure. But for now it was an enjoyable experience.

He stood up and began heading to the rest of the coterie to see if they wanted to find Arthur together. But he stopped, and remembered his old friend Kee. Damn, I always forget about him. There's always been something more pressing to do. He needed me to help his friends, and they could be dead now. And if their killers got away, he could be dead now. He leans his head against the wall and lets out a frustrated "Aaaaaaarrrrghhh!" as he's unsure of what to do. But then he remembered: he respects Arthur a lot, but honestly Arthur owes him his life. Twice. He can wait. Kee did him a favor. Granted, it got hunters on his tail, but still, he tried.

He opens up a message and writes:
London has been nuts the past few nights. I'm mostly in one piece. How have things been on your end?
He sends the message.

Artemciy
2015-02-02, 09:38 AM
(("Deliver the package to Arthur" mission)).

If was the right time, the right place. The whisky bar was lit by aerugo old lamps, a tarred waterpipe adorned the stand, the patrons were lost in their contemplations. ((http://prntscr.com/6055rd)). Francis was making a show of sipping his whiskey, when an old coot in a baggy, tossled cap came and asked for money. The Gangrel could smell the Arthur’s old pipe on him.

Muenster Man
2015-02-02, 09:53 PM
"Well then, c'mon, have a seat. I wanna get to know you first. Seems only fair. Unless you got a friend waiting on you?"

Francis motions to the bar stool adjacent to him. He could probably give the man the Anarch gifts and they would end up in Arthur's hands by the end of the night. But he wanted to know for certain if this man really was a friend of Arthur. And preferably, he'd hand the package off to the former sheriff himself.

Francis will also have spent a blood point to heal some of his wounds by this point.

Artemciy
2015-02-03, 05:06 PM
“Can’t, sir!” he croaked, before bursting into laugh.

“I have… kids…” he struggled to finish. “Kids to feed”.

He sat, then reconsidered. “Follow. Follow me” he motioned in a voice a changing.

“Good old disguise works. With all their fancy gadgets Sabbat wouldn’t think to check twice” he explained in Arthur’s voice when they were walking away from the bar.

“What have you got for me?”

Muenster Man
2015-02-03, 11:01 PM
Chuckling, Francis takes the piece of hardware off his glasses and hands it to Arthur.

"Pretty handy device there. Mendie didn't elaborate on what they were giving you, but when they gave me back my glasses this was on it. I'm assuming that's it."

Artemciy
2015-02-04, 02:13 PM
"Eh? I wouldn't know what to do with even if I did it myself. Care for a little ride?" he looked around before sitting into the car and didn't get rid of the disguise until the country road have obscured the ambience. You noticed the contacts in the eye.

"So what's cooking?" he glanced at you curiously.
"I hear you're staying in London? Most of the kindred fled it when they had the chance..."

Muenster Man
2015-02-04, 10:43 PM
Francis looks at the device he was going to hand to Arthur and looks a little confused. "Hmmm, it's supposed to be some amazing hacking device."

As they drove, Francis begins casually browsing through the features of his glasses. He hadn't gotten a change to really look into it yet. "Yeah, it's not a bad city, except for the Sabbat. But the Anarchs are good people. Although... technically they don't want anything to do with us officially. 'Cause, you know, we killed Montgomery Coven and apparently that's a bad political situation for them. You did hear about that, right?"

"Hated Coven. London didn't need him and neither does it need the Sabbat. I guess that's the other part, fighting them feels like it's kind of constructive."

Artemciy
2015-02-06, 05:02 PM
"That I did. That I did" Arthur admitted musingly that he heard about the Coven's demise. He smiled secretly to himself, watching the road.

"Constructive! Ha ha ha, constructive. Yeah, that's the right word to put on it, kid.
Sabbat, they did a number on us, didn't they?" he was sad saying it.

They drove to a country house. "Prichard will make sense of the package. Go easy on him, he's one of the few lepers who bears to walk among us, and he talks for more nossies than you can count starts on this sky."

The crawler met them briefly but hasted back to his lair of digital goo, muttering to himself as Malkav in the flesh. Soon Arthur and Francis joined him and lent him the goggles. He seemed to have a trouble getting in, cursing and sweating, until Francis thought of giving him a hand by passing it over the gadget, authorising the access.

"Rare to see him fettered" Arthur looked at the younger Gangrel questioningly.

"Yep. Here you are" Prichard hollered. "Access codes, frequencies. Should be enough to go in."

- Take back your goggles, now that the data has been retrieved.
- Ask Prichard about Bonny and other crawlers left in the city, maybe he'll know something.
- Hacker present, try to establish a means of secure communication with Camarilla and Arthur.
- Tell a couple of Nosferatu jokes.
- Do something else.

Muenster Man
2015-02-07, 10:13 AM
"Perfect. I gotta head out soon, but any way I can contact you securely in the future? We might keep running into each other, but it would probably be better if we could message each other. Good way to keep each other in the loop."

Artemciy
2015-02-08, 05:54 PM
Arthur exchanged a look with Prichard. "Why don't you stay? I could use a good hand there.
We'll show them who's the master in this city!"

Muenster Man
2015-02-08, 09:31 PM
Francis nods his head and laughs a little as he considers the offer, but he knew the answer almost immediately."Can't say it's not tempting. Would be refreshing to run with you and show 'em who's boss. But I've got some obligations to finish up first. Told a friend of mine I'd get in touch with someone named Bonny and help them out. After that, I should have the time to help out."

Artemciy
2015-02-09, 03:40 AM
"Bonny?" the Nosferatu perched.
The sharp turn of the head have sent a piece of pus from his lip flying.
"Like Bonny Sims? Good idea, she's been asking around for a babysitter. All right", he seethed, "I'll give you my contact on the net."

"That's the most you can get, unfortunally" the senior Gangrel have spread his hands apologetically. "We're under very tight regulations right now."

"Hey, my head is on the line here! It's not you who'd have to blow up all this equipment if it traces back" the Sewer Rat bristled.

"I'll remember this, friend" Arthur replied to the nossie.

"Good to have some link" the Sheriff said, coming with you outside. "God knows we need every man in London, but Archons got us ass-tight now, second-guessing our every move. The Queen had to defer to them somewhat, her current position in the Camarilla is at its weakest. I think she's more focused on not loosing it now then on taking the city back.

Good luck out there in the city, I would rather be with her as well."

He gave you a ride back to London, probably coming father that was deemed safe. You got the impression he enjoyed the risk or was glad for a chance to be in his city.

Muenster Man
2015-02-09, 07:32 AM
"Thanks, and good luck to you too. We'll probably see each other again soon." Francis leaves the car to meet up with the rest of the coterie.

Artemciy
2015-02-09, 07:48 AM
As agreed, the ship waited for them at the London-City airport. Robbi was getting a hang at piloting the thing, she liked to bring it by day around the country and beyond, although Francis didn't know where she hid when she didn't.

((I assume Arthur dropped him at the old haven)).

((That turns IC-ish :smallredface:))

During the debate about whether or not Clara should go, Francis would say "If you want to go, I'm not going to stop you. But if you've already lost scouts to them before, there's a good chance you'll end up like them."

"We only had what we thought the `accidental` clashes in the city, the times we'd least expect them. But if they are indeed allied with the sabbath-whatever as you suggest, then it might have been more than we thought!" she realized. "It might have been better organized. Now it makes sense why we have lost so many..."

"I've been telling there must be a large force nearby" Fo corrected her.

Muenster Man
2015-02-09, 12:47 PM
"Not sure if the two groups are working together, but both are bad news for this city."

Francis pauses for a moment as he thinks.

"Seems like you all and those Spiral Dancers have really good senses, there's a good chance a few of them would sniff us out anyways. It might help to have an extra person around in case things get a little messy."

Artemciy
2015-02-09, 01:10 PM
"They are pretty, sure am I. A hunch, call it" Tanaka sniggered.

"Kind of a trap, a place to run to if the things get ugly? I like that", she said businesslike, "but if there are mmm... shifters in that group, then they must be pretty far off to offset any chance of detection. And... it must be one person tops! Or we won't be fast enough if we need to run" she added mysteriously after some thought.

"No Garou will be a part of it" Farayah stalled, "if there is a scouting party it should not lead back to us."

"What are you looking for? A confirmation of their presence, numbers, a map?"

"All of that" he inclined his head, "but a simple confirmation is enough for our deal".

Muenster Man
2015-02-10, 07:50 AM
Francis crosses his arms and considers Tanaka's plan.

"All right, T. If you think you have this under control, go for it."

Artemciy
2015-02-10, 08:00 AM
"I might not be a good fighter" T looked at him askance, "but I have a few tricks when it comes to scouting. Would be good to have a plan B, though".

"Black Spiral Dancers don't work alone." Clara finally decided to speak. "They are the true creatures of the Wyrm. There is a common misconception among the Garou that vampires are the servants of the Spirit Of Destruction... because how their smell, mostly... don't take it wrong, we just feel that taint on you... But the careful study of history shows that vampires are mostly self-centered bastards, they do not work in concert with the Wyrm to reach some hidden agenda, at least not to our knowledge. Black Spiral Dancers do. Whenever there are Wyrm agents, there are these corrupted shifters nearby to serve as enforcers, puppeted by the Wyrm. Still, I wouldn't put it past them to form a short-living alliance with that group of vampires you've been referring to."

"Yes", Farayah added crisply, "and while vampires aren't all work for the Wyrm, there has been Wyrm agents among them. So if there is a connection, it's probably more direct than you think. How do you know they work together, anyway?"

"Well, for starters, when we first encountered these creepy creatures in the bunker they were teamed with a bunch of Sabbat vampires. And now they're festering, with Sabbat owning the city. Isn't that convenient? If I'd had to guess, I'd say they are a secret weapon of sorts. Speaking of which... Francis, you didn't tell Arthur about our discovery? I mean, about those mutated wolves that Maris and I felt are now there in numbers?"

"Mutated wolves, heh?" Wyrm Foe quipped. "Believe me, girl, they are more than that."

Muenster Man
2015-02-10, 12:45 PM
At the mention of 'self-centered bastards' Francis nods his head in agreement slowly but emphatically.

He remained quite until Tanaka asked him the question. He then shook his head. "No, we talked about the Sabbat for a bit. If these things really are a secret weapon, then he'd like to know for sure. I'll send him a message."

----

Francis can use the same relatively secure channel he used to contact Kee for contacting the Camarilla, right? If Tanaka tells Francis to not send the message and provides a good reason, he'll likely refrain from sending this.
(Message sent to Arthur using the channel he picked up earlier. Presumably, it doesn't go straight to Arthur.)
For Arthur,
We have good reason to think the Sabbat are working with werewolves. Not regular werewolves. Mutated, call themselves Black Spiral Dancers or something. Same kind that attacked when we picked you up underground. Their numbers seem to be growing. Be careful. I'll try and get more info soon.
-Francis

Artemciy
2015-03-26, 02:47 PM
Devil worship.
That's what they said it was. Mingling with the devil.

People are superstitious, ignorant, pathetically obtuse and insufferably naive bunch of MORONS!

Calm, calm yourself, Joseph. Calm or you'll set this little boat on fire, or worse...

Pearce dead. Dead. Dead. I can't believe it. Dead. Tortured by these, these...

*sobs*

Barely escaped the witch hunters, having lost your former life and possesions, you row a stolen boat in a desperate attempt to reach the British Islands, hoping to find solace and refuge with Odhar, a Scotland mystic you've heard about. Your first stop with any luck would be the great city of London, however. Several years ago you've been invited to come there and find somebody Mercall "whenever your hidden traits come about". Sounds fishy, but you feel it's worth a try. These two are your only hope in the world that seems to be falling around.

The sea is to the north, the sea is to the south, you're in the middle of nowhere, swaying on top of the infinite soup. Maybe it wasn't a good idea after all.

Danteric
2015-03-27, 07:05 AM
Joseph swayed back and forth in his boat, rowing the best as he could towards where he could only hope was his destination. He knew deep down that his life as he knew it was over, that the witch hunters would no doubt hang him for worshiping the devil, as they called it. As time passed, the monotonous rowing was becoming more and more difficult as the water current threatened to drag him further out to sea. Exhausted and dehydrated, Joseph could barely put up a struggle against the current as it slowly but surely began to take control of his course. Damnit, if only the current was headed towards London.. He thought, wishing it to be true. That's when he felt something strange in the very core of his being, something happened, a feeling similar to what happened a few days ago, when his whole life got turned upside down.

Suddenly the ocean current began to change, the waves slowly pushing him in the other direction. He wasn't quite sure why this was happening, but after a short time adrift at sea, Joseph spotted a landmass in the distance. He wanted to jump up in glee, but it would likely capsize the small boat. Rowing as hard as he could along with the current, Joseph attempted to reach the landmass as quickly as possible, and hopefully find the answers he was looking for. What was he? What's going on? Why me? He hoped all these answers would be answered in time, and wouldn't end with his head being lopped off.

Artemciy
2015-03-27, 08:05 AM
He couldn't believe his luck. And couldn't believe it was luck. Somehow, he did it! Was the spectre right all along? It hounted him for ages it seemed, telling him of things that seemed like madness. Was he beginning to believe it, after all this time?

Didn't have much fight in him left to think about it all along, he climbed out of the boat, hoping it was indeed the Albion that they reached.

http://cdn1.arkive.org/media/10/10C0A8D4-6409-4D09-994C-CD5DCB2398D8/Presentation.Large/coastal-dunes-and-beach-sandwood-bay-sutherland-scotland.jpg

The journey was longer that it let on, the endless sea eating hours by the dozen. They were exhaused both, thirsty and starving and not a sign of human in sight.

You've reached the Island, but you're not to the London yet. Seem to be in need of water, sleep, food and direction.
Joseph should try to stick to Entropy 3 and Forces 3 effects.
Muenster Man character's Spheres we don't know yet.

Danteric
2015-03-27, 10:40 AM
Joseph pulled himself onto the sandy beach, never more happy in his life to be on solid ground. Slowly climbing to his feet, Joseph wondered where he ended up, as the sandy beach stretched for what seemed like miles. Joseph was glad that the current's somehow changed course, leading him to this sandy archipelago, but he was puzzled on how it happened. Walking over to a nearby piece of drift wood, Joseph takes a moment to sit down and rest, his body almost crying in pain from the torments he had endured. The salt from the sea caked his entire body, his skin was dried out to the point it resembled sand paper. Joseph clacked his tongue in his mouth, quickly noticing that it was dry as a bone, he was dehydrated and needed water, and fast. Leaving the other man to traveled with him behind, Joseph set out to find a source of water, perhaps a spring, or roots for him to squeeze from water. Joseph knew if he didn't find water soon, getting caught by the Witch Hunters would be the least of his worries.

Artemciy
2015-03-27, 06:36 PM
After hobbling for some time in the fields you've stumbled upon a tiny lake. A polecat studied you from a stump while you drank. Some time after, your boat partner has joined you. Scaring the Starlings off, he ran into the water, yipping.

Muenster Man
2015-03-27, 11:14 PM
He didn't know Joseph before today, but when his would-be-executioners were notified of Joseph's apparent devil-worship, they made their way to bring the heathen in, towing poor Lars with them. But Lars had been working, slowly turning one of the chain links on his shackles to dust as they located their next witch to be burned. Distracted by their new target, Lars made his way out of sight before anyone noticed he was gone.

When he reached the shore, again he saw Joseph, and there was a look of understanding between them. They intuitively knew that while they weren't exactly the same, they were both outsiders in the way they understood the world, and that was enough. Lars let Joseph do the heavy rowing, while he struggled with the shackles left on his wrists. More dust fell, but it was slow and exhausting work.

Reaching shore, he had finally worked the shackles into dust and off his wrists but at great cost to his well being. He collapsed on the beach, and all he could do was watch as a silent Joseph stumbled away, presumably to die a little later. But Lars had an idea. He crawled to the tides and cupped his hands to create a small bowl of salt water. If most of this was water, why couldn't all of it be water? He focused until he was confident that its salinity had dropped, and then drank. He coughed and spat up half of it. It wasn't completely fresh water, but also his throat was so dry it could hardly drink anything. He tried again. This time, he could drink it. The more hydrated he was, the more he could focus on the task at hand.

Regaining some of his strength, he walked away from the beach, following to where he thought Joseph went. Seeing his boat companion kneeling besides the lake, a big grin appears on Lars' face. "Much easier this way" he says in a Nordic accent.

Danteric
2015-03-28, 02:41 AM
Joseph nearly cried at the sight of the lake, and haphazardly stumbles towards the pool and dunks his head into the cold refreshing water. Removing his head from the water, Joseph wasted no time in drinking as much water as he could stomach and lies back onto the ground with a satisfied sigh. Of course he knew that him and Lar's needed food, a shelter, a fire for warmth. The basic necessities he took for granted were gone, his former life now in shambles because of something he couldn't even understand. Climbing back to his feet after a period of rest, Joseph began to approach Lars, his equally unfortunate partner in crime, so to speak. "Thank the divines we survived!" He groaned, "But now where are we.." He spoke as he scratched his head. "I haven't the foggiest of where we landed, maybe if we keep heading inland we can find a village or something to use as a shelter." Suggested Joseph. Having finally reached land, he just wanted to survive at this point, and figured covering the basics would be a good start. "Well, let's start looking.." He said, as he began to wander inland.

Joseph continued to walk quietly for a short while, wishing to himself that they would encounter a shelter, an abandoned building, an empty cave, a village. Anything the two men could use for the night. It was then that Joseph felt the faint yet familiar flow of energy in his body, unknowing to him that his recently unlocked Entropy began to work, subtly changing the gears of fate surrounding the men. Perhaps fate would bless them and they would encounter the shelter they seek, or coincidentally wind up at where they needed to go.

Artemciy
2015-03-28, 02:06 PM
A strong feeling of direction would overcome Joseph sometimes. Things would portend hidden meanings, a gust of wind, a direction a blade of grass would turn, a cry of a bird, it was almost like they spoke to him, only their language he did not understand. Than the feeling would pass. He wondered if his mind was giving. Still, he followed his insight. It was evening when they’ve reached a tiny hamlet. His gut didn’t lie. Yet… was he to believe all of it? The signs seemed to sing the same song in a thousand different words, it was a wolf’s den they’ve reached if he were to trust them. Yet there was a way to bluff them.

Small church was in sight, hiding from the wind under a wing of a hill. It was pretty in dark wood patterns and beckoned them with light and choral. Joseph knew it when the bell hollered. Knew it meant to bait them. That second feeling in him, the dread hiding under the gladness, premonition behind elation, made it all worse somehow as if the best birthday gift he got and it was spoiled.

Lars saw his buddy hesitate before stumbling forward. Sensed his doubts. But they had little choice now.
Yet it deserved more thought than a wive’s tale. Joseph seemed to doubt himself much yet there was some core at him that the observing northerner mistaken for fanaticism or fatalism at first, belief that he could stir his own destiny. He could have shared the sentiment, but it was a more intimate connection somehow than he dared boast to understand.

He felt something, a fleeting touch of attention. Turning his head, he saw nothing but a crow perched on a tree.

Plans?
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-214/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-214/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-214/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-214/Lars)

Danteric
2015-03-28, 04:00 PM
Joseph stared at the crow for a moment as a mixture of fear and anxiety filled his body. "A bad omen.." He said, as he glanced at Lars. "Well, we've come this far, and we'll perish if we dont get shelter, so stay on your guard." Walking up to the door, Joseph places his hand on the door handle and pauses for a moment. What if this is a trap? He thought, would his magic that single handedly overturned his life help him? Joseph didn't know for sure, but at this point anything was better then staying out in the open. Despite a voice in the back of his head screaming for him to run, Joseph pried open the old churches doors, and cautiously walked inside, keeping his senses peeled for a worst case scenario. For all he knew, a group of witch hunters were hidden inside, ready to pounce, or it could just be his paranoia going out of control. Joseph hoped it was his paranoia.

Artemciy
2015-03-29, 06:44 AM
The bell signified the end of the mass or something. There were but a few people in the small church. A woman, coif-laden and in a black bodice and pretty, gave you bug eyes and stormed by.

A priest was a hairy fellow, with a short but flamy raven-black hair.

He and a couple of natives surrounded us with cave and kindness. Soon we were fed, clean and in new if simple clothes, one of which looked like a monastic garb. Joseph now doubted his premonitions even more.

The church could still be seen, from where we sat at the inn’s table. People from the small village came and gone freely, curious about the guests. Some would sit with us, mostly silent or throwing just a few words. They’ve heard already a story of how we drifted from France and were curious of it, but not enough to overcome their reservation around the strangers.

The priest provided us with a room where we planned to retire for the night afterwards. Not comfy ourselves we braved a short walk around the village and the hill. That’s when the girl caught us. The one we have seen in the church.

“You should leave the village!” she said, a passion of a small stream leaving a dam carried her words. A crow cackled derisively from a tree. The woman blanched and turned away, whirling the skirt.

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-216/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-216/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-216/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-216/Lars)

Danteric
2015-03-29, 07:27 AM
Joseph looked at the girl in confusion, the sudden confession left him speechless long enough for the woman to turn and leave. "W-Wait!" He pleaded, but it was too late, the woman had already vanished from his sight. Turning to the Crow that seemingly scared the woman away, Joseph's paranoia began to work in overdrive. "Hello little guy.." He said to the crow, somewhat fearful for the bad omen it brought, "Have I seen you already..?" He asked the crow, aware that it wouldn't answer, but at this point he was just talking to himself. Turning to Lar's, Joseph began to look around nervously, "Perhaps she's right..Maybe those hunters are already here? We SHOULD leave...But..But I'm so tired..I dont even know where to head to get to London..Maybe I should've asked her before she left, but too late now.." He rambled on, not particularly worried if Lar's was listening or not. "I say we get out of here while we can, that woman has me on edge, and I dont want to wake up with a knife to my neck, or worse." He said, pacing around the area.

Muenster Man
2015-03-29, 10:41 AM
Arriving in the village invited thoughts of anxiety in Lars, but he'd sometimes hear voices originating in his head that sounded like the villagers and they were positive. Most of them, at least. A hesitant whisper, a tone of unease. Then, suddenly a cacophony of voices. And when you hear everything, you can listen to nothing. Clinching his teeth and grunting in pain, Lars withstood the self-imposed mental assault until the voices subsided.

Afraid of the voices, he actively tried to shut them out. So when the woman in a skirt told them they needed to leave, he couldn't read the intent. "I do not know why she said that, but I agree. Let us say our thanks and begone. There is a road heading out of here leading north, more or less. We can camp somewhere along the road by dusk, if that would please you. It required much hard work to bring us both here, and I do not take that for granted."

He profusely thanked the priests and others who clothed and fed them. Lars insisted that the two of them needed go. Bowing his head forward and giving token thanks to their mutual deity-benefactor, Lars accepted a gourd of water, thanked the priest one final time, and left on their way down the road heading north.

"If our would-be captors thought to cross the waters as well, they would still have to locate where we ended up. There are a great many possibilities of where along the coast we landed. That will buy us time. If we can find a larger settlement, I suggest we play the part of devout members of the faith our clothes seem to imply. Most don't like to question those in the faith."

Artemciy
2015-03-29, 01:15 PM
The priest, whom we dubbed Three-eggs, because his pricy glasses raced with the head towards that form, looked concerned and tried to talk us out from travelling at night. “If you insist on going, at least take Willmus”. The canon, Willmus, kept a blank face all the time, was he dumb or something?

Please drop me a quick note in OOC whether he'll come along, or in a short IC.
(Not using the "early warning" system because it's first come first decides in this case).
Walking through the night was the real pain, what with the tiredness and all.

Wonder if we shouldn't have taken to the snacks this much. Home wine and beer weren't helping.

But, after a while the marching became kind of automatic, put the left foot then the right, all the while falling forward. I tell you, after this night we could witness the roundness of earth in any court, for we have felt it ourselves. Round it was, and full of hillocks. End eventually we would fall from it to space and take our friend crow with us unless we fall somewhere else and get some sleep. What was the point of running, anyway? Who could have find us?

The canon has walked with us all that time. What a closed fellow. But he’s been useful in showing us the way. At least we knew where to go now. Three-eggs explained it all and Willmus were to see us to a better road.

The bugs were training their musical instrument on the night when we pitched camp, if you could call falling asleep on the nearest patch of grass that. Mind you, we took precaution by heading a way out of the path, hoping that whomever to follow us will never find the place.

Little we knew that the taciturn coghead was here to betray us.

Been tied to a burned stump of a tree, facing the opposites. Three-eggs brought us here, he and a few of his cronies, dragging us roped each one to a horse. There was little we could do after they’ve surrounded us in the sleep, pointy things in their hands.

What was the point taking us here, I wondered, to a desolated place on the plains?

If we tried to talk some reason into them we were hit. Think they’ve enjoyed every last bit of that. There was almost a business-like feel, like they did that all before and where just danty to indulge.

There must have been a fire, because there was other such stumps as our tuss, old memos to a grove. Crows where perching there, one looking familiar as far as crows go, when the priest came to cut us, making careful shallow incisions which drew the blood but wouldn’t harm.

A gleam in his eye wasn’t something that made the rest of them nervous. They glanced around as if ready to dash.

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-219/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-219/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-219/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-219/Lars)

Danteric
2015-03-30, 04:36 PM
Joseph struggled against the ropes that bound him, but knew it was a fruitless action, the ropes were expertly tied, clearly a sign they did this often. Glancing up at Three-eggs as he made the small incision on his arm, Joseph began to plea with the man in an attempt to buy some time, hopefully enough for him or Lar's to think of a plan to escape. "Why are you doing this?!" He cried, "We're just wandering vagabonds! Just..Just let us go and we wont say anything, I swear!" He pleaded. However in his mind he was thinking of something else. The magic that had turned his life up side down was the cause for all of this, but Joseph wondered if there was a way to turn this around. Reaching into the depths of his mind, Joseph tried to pull out any kind of magic to help them escape, but it was no use, Joseph had no idea how to make his power spring forth, having relied on the coincidences that it decided to work. Left with no options but to buy time, Joseph quietly struggled against his ropes, hoping to wiggle them lose.

During the struggle with the rope, Josephs mind flashed back to his first encounter with his Avatar, a ghostly figure who whispered in his ear about his new destiny, and how he can impose his will on the world. Glancing back up at Three-eggs, Joseph figured it would be fitting to attempt to impose his so called will on the world, less he stay there and be forced to endure whatever fate the man had decided. Closing his eyes, Joseph began to focus, painting a picture of the ground around them to shake, if only enough to scare the followers away. Move... He thought, Come on, move... In his mind, Joseph imagined the nearby piece of land they were situated on to shake and dance, mimicing the events of a Earthquake. He imagined the Earth beneath them to shrink and expand, causing massive vibrations to radiate from the very Earth, causing an earthquake that he hoped would force the observes to believe God's judgement itself came down upon them. Tree's would uproot and slant in response, anyone with a container of water would undoubtedly notice the vibrations dancing across the surface.

Joseph took this image and tried to force it upon the real world, using his will to change the very Forces of nature as a result, or so he hoped.

Using Forces 3 to try and create a localized low-grade Earthquake, maybe enough to catch the attackers off guard and escape from his bindings.

Artemciy
2015-03-31, 02:24 PM
The priest was annoyed that Joseph would have a nerve to ask, but the time when he wanted to teach us humility have passed. It was the show time. And the show needed some gloat to have.

"The Cold One sent us the sacrifice! We'll have his blessing this time! The Snurf soon carry you in his belly to the ninth hell where your sins will be stripped. Your bones will become the roots of the Autumn..."

If you think we followed any of this better then you, you'd be far off the mark. Perhaps he was but prepping his sidekicks. He would have said more, but one of the cronies was dancing impatiently. "Father, what if the Beast comes?"

"Don't worry" Three-eye checked himself. "We'll be on time".

They formed a circle and began to sing. The sould carried unnaturally and made your hair crawl.

That's when the earth rumbled.

Crows began to cackle at each other. Soon they were cirlcing the place.

Cracks ran, splitting the ground. It swayed like an iceberg floating downstream. Roots screamed.

Malefics glanced around like trying to figure where to poop, but kept them circle. Maybe they've thought it was all part of the plan. They began to move carefully away, still in the circle, still screeching their ungodly choral.

I think this have worked as a Forces+Entropy effect rather than just Forces. That much earth is kind of hard to move but if you capitulate on instabilities luckily present already in the architecture of the ground and push just in the right places...

On a side note, you're still bound to the tree and the earthquake puts you in extra danger.

Muenster Man
2015-03-31, 09:50 PM
Lars sat silently, trying to observe their captors for any chance of escape. Tightly bound and tired, he couldn't think of any means of escape. And he was too closely guarded to turn his bindings into something that could set him free without them noticing. His silence continued until he was cut, but even then he only let out a small grunt.

But then another idea came to him. This group, they were scared. But of what? If he could just learn what they were thinking, he could use that against them. He focused only on his breathing, and opened his mind to receive the surface thoughts of those around him. Three-eggs seemed to be the only truly confident one of the bunch. The others seemed uninformed and weak, easily swayed. They mentioned a Beast. What is that? Does it go by another name? If he could just pick up on what their fears were he could use that against them.

Suddenly, the earth began to move. This was their chance.

Using Mind to read their surface thoughts and get an idea of what they're trying to do, what they fear, and how to use that against them. Depending on what the Beast supposedly is, Lars may try and claim association with the Beast and say that the ground movements signal its arrival.

Artemciy
2015-04-01, 08:24 AM
What Lars got was more visual and cerebral than just thoughts. These guys saw the beast, he realized. Flashes of it stalking the night, teating its victims, the sound of it gurgling on flesh of their enemies and neighbours brought to sacrifice, the coppery smell of blood carried by the wind, these have raided and rattled them. Poor folks, there was power and awe in what they felt, being on the right side of their fears. They thought they’ve been controlling the beast.

Three-eye knew better. They were food too. When the time comes, he’ll feed them to the monster and collect on the deal. He knew also, that the beast was just a vessel, there was a power far more older and sinister behind it. And it was the only true power there is, the only power to respond.

From their memories Lars now knew what would happen and it gave him no new hope. The peasants would disperse, go away, once they saw the glimpse of the thing. It was safer that way, Three-eye told them. They were, already. They stopped their singing and scurried into the dark and it meant the fiend was near.

It was suddenly quiet. The crows ceased their monologues and were no longer to be seen. Only the wind wailed heavily, beating all the dust from the grass rug, contending with the ramble of the earth.

Depending on what the Beast supposedly is, Lars may try and claim association with the Beast and say that the ground movements signal its arrival.

Good idea, but too late this time to use what you've learned.
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-223/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-223/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-223/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-223/Lars)

Danteric
2015-04-01, 09:51 AM
Joseph cursed at himself when his attempt to force his will on Reality worked so well, yet failed so horribly, some would call it rather bittersweet. However Joseph wouldn't give up, as he now knew that the ghost he had met hadn't lied, and he could in fact change the world around him. Joseph watched as the various people that once surrounded the group quickly scatter off, leaving only the two mages tied to the tree. Deep down he knew that if he didn't get him and Lars out of the ropes, the witch hunters that hounded them would be the least of their worries. Struggling against the binds, Joseph wished that if only he had a small knife, a dagger, heck, he'd have settled with a piece of glass at this point to cut through the ropes and give them their freedom.

Closing his eyes, Joseph once again tried to imprint his will on the tapestry, imagining a small knife forming in his hand. Suddenly Joseph could feel energy dancing around his hands, slowly coalescing into a some-what solid form of a knife, made from pure energy he subconsciously harvested from the nearby area. Not wanting to waste time, Joseph quickly went to work on cutting through the ropes in time, and hoped it wouldn't be too late to escape from whatever awaited them.

Muenster Man
2015-04-01, 07:16 PM
Not wasting anytime, Lars focused on transmuting the ropes that bound him. Soon enough, their substance had changed to clay and simply pulling on them caused the clay to fall apart and allowed him to stand straight. His wrists were filthy, but the rest of his body wasn't much cleaner. He saw that Joseph required no assistance as he cut the ropes with some strange force.

"Out of the frying pan, eh? If we survive this, we should properly introduce ourselves." It didn't require magic to sense that this place held ill will towards them, but his powers confirmed the obvious. There was a strong negative emotion attached to this place, and it likely did not bode well for the two of them.

Lars begins jogging away in no particular direction while motioning for Joseph to follow. "We should move. If this 'Beast' happens upon us, we could try cutting a deal with it. I have it on good authority that the fool Three-Eyes made a deal with it as well. If the Beast can be bought, we just need to offer a better deal. Make sense?"

Artemciy
2015-04-02, 05:39 AM
Was playing with Score, my beautiful Subjugator friend, when the call came. Was getting serious, too. Alas, ajams needed some killing and tearing again. Sighing, I reclaimed my footing and asked the grendel if she’d come along…

The Watch proved more trouble than its worth. Soon as we settled comfortably and prepared for the show, a localized geological instability manifested. Add to this the sacrifice promptly freeing themselves. With magic! There was all kind of commotion then. It was one thing for a couple of freshlings to take it for the team, but magic users?

Not part of the deal! Those should have been checked first…

Having freed ourself we quickly left the shaking ground, jumping over the cracks and scaling snaps. There was a thought to chase the malefics then, to stick it to them. If that “Beast” would follow, it having plenty of snack and all that.

But then the things began to happen kind of on their own.

A huge bubble happened first. It grown and grown, mesmerizing us with the refracted starlight.

Then a huge gorilla happened. It roared in the night, breaking the spell, and soon we could see its outline masking the stars. A large canine with eyes glowing bright seemed to accompany it, lurking the shadows.

The ape stomped towards us covering right between the bubble and the thing. There was little point in running now, not with this pooch on our tail.

And then the bubble burst.

To our surprise it wasn’t hiding a monster or something of the alarming nature at all. Just the five wemen, three with a hairdo and the rest flashing their coifs.

The second to right beckoned us, the others seemed preoccupied with the Beasts.

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-226/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-226/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-226/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-226/Lars)

Danteric
2015-04-03, 06:33 AM
Joseph stared at the woman in awe for a moment, completely surprised by their sudden arrival using the bubble. At first he wanted to run, but he knew better, he had no hope of outrunning the creature. It was then he noticed one of the woman beckon to them, motioning them to come forward. Not wasting any time, Joseph shrugged at Lars, "Well, got a better idea?" He spoke quickly before heading off towards the woman. He could only hope it was a better fate then with the monster.

Muenster Man
2015-04-03, 11:28 AM
This was indeed strange. But the strangest part of all was how confident he felt that the women could protect them from the beasts. Maybe it was out of desperation, but he took long strides to quickly walk towards the beckoning woman and attempted to keep them in between himself and the monsters. What was it about them? Again, like before, he attempted to read the minds of strangers to get a better understanding of their intentions. But unlike before, they seemed to be motivated by something different than the simple driving forces that seem to come from most others.

Artemciy
2015-04-05, 07:47 PM
“Elxeth, Jane, Agnis, Isebell, Maryon” the voice sulked from the shadows. “Hello, ladies. What a weather.”

A few of them flinched, though on average they kept it cool, witches. They were witches, right?

A flash danced from the fingers of one, chasing the darkness for a moment but not from the canine, to whom it sizzled. The dog-thing was not impressed.

“Why, Agnis, friend?! We played so good, back a few...”

“I never meddled with you, demon!” Agnis, a happy-fingered witch, hissed. Straight hair was a snarl from under her coif, far as the blink revealed.

The grendel reared some, guess she wasn’t so happy with the canine either.

“Hush, darling, you know how it is with mortals” it whimpered.

We didn’t catch the moment when it attacked. The voice was still carrying and the afterimage still burned of its burning eyes when ladies turned, at least three of them, and all hell broke loose. Lightning and fire illuminated a shadow flying at us from behind. We covered, despite ourselves scared, but slow reaction might have saved from fleeing too far for before we moved more than a step an invisible hand stopped the creature of darkness in midair, slapping it back.

The great ape advanced on us from the other side, it was doing great leaps and many times we thought it will scurry and reap us apart, but by some miracle it wasn’t much closer than before.

“Come on, you know we’d love to play” the Beast humored. Smoke from its fur could be seen choking the stars.

“I’ll learn your name, demon. We’ll play, then” the high one said, with a ring to her voice.

“What, the naming trick? Ha ha, that joke. It never worked!” the canine teed off.

“You know it works!” the lady asserted.

“Yess. I know all about that. Shaxolun, Whuzauxar, Auzoroch. We can be helpful...”

“Don’t listen to him Isebell! He’s messing with you” the red hair cried.

“I know” the tall one answered and nodded a signal. They joined hands swiftly around us, forming a circle, and then we fell.

I thought we were falling to lower hells, that the demons have caught us. Was it the stars or the wemen faces dancing around us? In that dreary dream the two somehow weren’t apart. We fell, fell and soon our conscience have fallen.

Elxeth, the older maid from the… whatever it was. A dream? Could any of it be real?

She was there when we woke in comfy clean beds to the morning sun and early bird. There was no howl of the wind, only a gentle rap of a city and a smell of an early snow.

The room was austere. A chest, a candle, a painting of a field of spring flowers on the wall was all to it.

There was no worry in the world. When I recall that moment, I realize we felt like children, even before our mothers would become someone to keep the secrets from.

She told us to wash and clean and clothe into the fresh and simple new clothes and meet her outside and we just fell into it, no questions asked.

In retrospect, there might have been a more than accidental link between the state of our minds and the long forgotten memories of the past.

We talked at the courtyard of the house while having a light breakfast, Agnis having joined us. Yesterday was but a silly thing we never thought to ask about. Soon we were telling the story of our lives. The witch-hunters. The flight. What was before.

The ladies were sympathetic.

“You are in danger” Elxeth said and we believed her. “We will convene soon and decide your fate”.

She then gave us some simple tasks, cleaning the paths, peeking potatoes, watching the stew and the like.

Your characters have been mind-f-cked. Their perception of the world was dampened and atavised in certain areas (see above). Lars might have a whiff of it, though given the effects he isn't necessary rattled (it depends on what kind of bugs he has in his head, in other words, on his character).

Will you succumb to what the fate has in store for you? Fight the drugs (Lars)? Tip the fate (John)?

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-229/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-229/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-229/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-229/Lars)

Muenster Man
2015-04-06, 09:37 PM
"Wuh?" Something about this place was foggy, maybe even false? Maybe not malicious, but something was certainly off. Weren't we surrounded by monstrous beasts? How did we get away.

Lars' natural desire to help and his inquisitive mind came to a comprise: he'd ask questions while helping! They seemed to have saved him and Joseph after all, but he wanted a satisfactory answer as to what was going on. While sweeping the kitchen, Lars politely asked Elxeth "what is this? Is this your home? Something about this... doesn't seem right. Pleasant, yes. But incorrect, somehow." He didn't stop sweeping, he genuinely felt like he wanted to help the women.

Artemciy
2015-04-08, 07:46 AM
“What do you mean, incorrect?” Elxeth wondered amiably. Lars tried to explain to the accompaniment of her interested nodding. The feeling seemed more silly the more he talked about it.

“Oh, it’s nothing, just being in the new place after all you’ve come through. Don’t mind it at all” she intoned easily and indeed it all made perfect sense now. What was he thinking?!

John tried to pry some information out of her, but she wasn’t forthcoming. “Learn patience, child. The Circle will decide your fate soon. Perhaps you will learn our secrets yet, things no one have seen”.

There was no questioning her after that.

Something developed, though. Right when the stew decided to boil, sending the rivulets of tasty broth into the fire, someone cried outside. Something smacked. The woman have scurried away.

We heard a laugher then… and our minds were clear! All the fears, suspicions, realizations of the day came rushing in.

Stumbling to the courtyard we saw a gap in the wall. Naturally, we came to investigate the sudden breach hoping it would reveal something, for despite our childish state fleeting from us and making us feel silly we still weren’t much more informed as for our position.

What we saw took our breath from us. For here was a great city, seen from a bordering estate, just the hand away from us. Its roofs of a form uncommon to us paved the view as far as we could see to the left and to the right there was a road with great many horses and carriages and wayfarers coming and going from the city. Farms and mills littered the view.

What waited for us when I glanced back was even more unexpected, for there was again that Beast from which we fled yesterday, it’s fur a piece of night in the midst of a day. Its eyes wasn’t burning as bright, but for all the uncertainty of night now it was even larger and fearsome than we thought. It crouched, ready for a jump and cornering the wall dashing from that accursed place was our only way to escape the fiend.

- Run into the city, hoping to loose the thing in the streets.
- Stay and face it.
- Circle the house, hoping to escape the fiend for the moment but stay with the witches if at all possible.
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-231/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-231/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-231/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-231/Lars)

Artemciy
2015-04-09, 01:26 PM
The silentness, the casualness of it was the most disconcerting. Here it was, without a sound, without a bang, suddenly gracing the courtyard with its presence. We froze for a moment, but when it was ready to jump we escaped.

Joseph dashed away, putting the wall between the thing and himself. With Lars following, half a minute of running along the bricks and we reached the city. No one has followed us.

For a while we were walking, just walking, looking back, wondering around, taking in the streets, the shops, the blend of noonday pedestrians of different stature.

Maybe we’ve tried to convince ourselves that all of it was real, the city. The strange events of the last night have cast a reflection on it. It was like a buzz in our heads, like the noise of the sea that we crossed, still trying to drown us.

At the shop with “Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones: Hysterias and Posteriors” on its sign we stopped, unsure what to do, where to go and who we are. Dropping a few words and looking at the puzzling head pictures through the window we tried to get our bearings when the shop’s proprietor panned out to observe us.

He was a young man in a leather jacked, hackles and a steely glint to his eye.

“You look lost” he observed. “Just came to the city, eh?”

“I know just the band for you. In fact, I’ll walk you there to see what you make of it. What say you?”

With a bit of chit chat you followed him a few streets down to a timber house just like the others, pretty but not with any special sign.

“Go on” he laughed. “Come in. These are strange fellows but you look alike some. They’ll take you right in if I know anything about”.

Having nothing better to do we entered the abode. There were antlers inside, on the walls. And herbs hanging in sheafs. And working clothes hanging from the coat-peg, stained with colours.

We glanced back, but the haole has disappeared, vanished without a trace as a purview of the street revealed.

The cokie who came from above was strange and looked at us strangely but his mien was friendly. In no time he figured with us that we needed a lodging and welcomed us to stay at least till his master, Roméo, came along, of which he shown little consideration.

At least we had a place to stay, if that Romeo wouldn’t throw a surprise. The lad, Steve, seemed genuine, he served medicines to a wife or two while we glanced out of the windows expecting either the beast or the witches to hunt us. He apprenticed to Romeo “in medicine and stuff”. Except for wry glances he threw at us we seemed okay.

- Rest and wait for Romeo to see what's that all about and to stay away from any search your nemesis might mount.
- Explore the city and get back for the night. (What are you looking for? How?)
- Abandon the suspicious abode and look for a way of your own.
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-232/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-232/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-232/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-232/Lars)

Danteric
2015-04-11, 04:28 PM
Joseph sat in the house, hoping he had lost the tail of whatever beast was chasing them. Running through the maze of a city left him exhausted and on edge, but at least now he had a moment to rest. Glancing over at Lars and watching him do various miscellaneous things, Joseph began to wonder if they truly got away from the creature, after all if it followed them from the fields, it wouldn't be a stretch for it to find them here. Closing his eyes and taking a breath, Joseph began to work his will on reality once again, using his potential in Entropy in an attempt to lower the risk that the creature would find them. Perhaps the beast would coincidentally pass the house, mistaking it for another, atleast long enough for them to catch a breather and escape once again.

Artemciy
2015-04-14, 07:36 PM
Just when Joseph formulated his plan and was going to stretch that invisible power that he wasn’t even fully sure he possessed, a pot broke, sending a wave of muffled sulphury odor over the shop. Watching Steve fussing about the sprayed powder Joseph prepared to repeat the exercise when a string snapped, losing a bunch of herbal sheafs. Hit the ground they didn’t before a child sprawled an ankle on the street and sat, crying. Suspicion began to nag at the Mage when Steve surprised him. “You’re doing magic, right?” He asked excitedly.

“What do you know about magic?” Lars asked.

“N-nuh. Nothing at all” the lad leered.

There was something wrong with the magic, but while Joseph thought about it the proprietor, Romeo, came in with a sack. He nodded at us while Stevie made frantic gestures in the background. “What is it, now?” he finally noticed the apprentice.

“Uhh. Somebody... came” the youngster stuttered.

“I see that” the round and smallish owner was unrelenting.

Surprised, the boy glanced from us to Romeo and back, then figured it out. “No, not them! Someone else!”

“Who, then?”

“You know… The dark one” the lad answered with a quiver.

“What?! Why didn’t you tell so! Excuse me” the proprietor glimpsed at us on his way upstairs, “I need a word with my pupil there.” He and the boy where away for a bit, an outline of their voices echoing throughout the house.

“Ahem” the midget rolled back into the room. “Name’s Romeo. Romeo Bateman. Steve tells me you’re not our usual customers. What brought you there?”

You're in a herbal shop that seen better days. Dust makes the sun rays visible. Romeo Bateman is there, trying to figure you out. For some reason he is suspicious and loads you with questions. What will you tell him?
- The full story.
- Just that being the latecomers you needed a place to stay and would be glad to repay him later.
- Made something up.
- Do something else.
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-234/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-234/Joseph)

Danteric
2015-04-17, 06:53 AM
Joseph sat on the chair and began to speak to Romeo, "Well.." He said, scratching his head, "This is what happened..." Over the course of the next few minutes, Joseph explained everything that had happened to them, the witch hunt, the boat on the ocean, the village, and finally about the Beast. He didn't know how this would help, but a part of him felt that if he had lied, it would've only made matters worse. After explaining everything, Joseph lets out a sigh, "Well, that's all that happened, and here we are, confused and hungry...Nothing makes sense anymore.." Said Joseph, waiting for the mans reply.

Artemciy
2015-04-19, 07:50 AM
“That explains it” the little man nodded thoughtfully. “Yeah, that explains it. What?! Oh, don’t mind me, just thinking aloud, heh-heh”.

He removed a scrawny rag and threw it on a table, then stretched to take a “Bolero” jacket from the peg. In the black silk hanging from his sides and the wide white collar he looked pompous and cocky, like a clown wearing the garbs of a judge.

“A most fortunate turn of events, young men!” He finally beamed. “You have been thrown into a boiling cauldron and squeezed between Scylla and Charybdis yet here you are by a whim of an accident, or should I say, precedent… ahem… has been delivered into this safe harbour”.

“But… to make it even safer we need what?” he raised a finger. “... we need to leave this place!
Steevie!”

The round man ran away, up the stairs, the strain of fast movement making his face something fierce.

“Come on, up! Up!” he urged us after making a fuss.

A pentagram was relieved on the floor, ten feet wide. Tansy, melilot, hedge mustard in a pot, a small leather sack of earth and a compass littered the points.

The herbalist grew all serious, he raised hands and spoken in tongues. “By the power of the Great Tree which nurtures the worlds” he added, “feeds the gods and grows through them, be this circle complete!” We haven’t seen no circle but the rising voice and solemnity was moving. Even Lars chortled. Then we all stepped inside and… the floor folded around us. Like a closing flower and a piece of cloth through a ring, it collapsed and we too. There was a disorientation and seeing something sensible but incomprehensible, of choking and green and brown, then a leaf of air unfolded above us, letting us fall under the crown of a great baobab tree.

Nobody said anything for a while, we just sat there, counting our senses. Then Romeo motioned Steeve away: “Go show them the hut. I must stay and make sure our tracks are hidden”.

“Let’s go!” the lad motioned us down a track. “That Romeo brought you here must mean we’ll study together, right?” he seemed to be excited.

http://cdn.positivr.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Cabane-6.jpg

Sorry if it's kind of no-brainer. If you're doing nothing special just say so.
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-236/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-236/Joseph)

Artemciy
2015-04-20, 04:42 PM
“Hey, Stevie, here’s a story for you” Lars squinted, keeping his tone even. “A man comes home one day, from a stretch in the woods, only to find that people are looking for him. People new in town. Bad people. Somehow, he knows what they have in store for him even before he reaches his house. He knows they’re watching him go in...”

“Wow, you’re a funny guy, I like you!” Steve stopped to lean his head backwards and wink.

“He goes in” Lars continued more gravely, his voice grating over the rustling of the grass brushing their feet, “They come as he knew they would. We’re here to arrest you, they say...”

“You don’t say!” Steve commented, taking a right turn at the footpath running between the trees.

Lars kept to his thoughts for a little while, then continued. “Then strange things began to happen to him. Crossing the Britannic Sea on a boat. Reaching London in a bubble. Being haunted by shadows and folded like a handkerchief.”

“What happened next?” Steve asked, excited. We were passing a field towards a hut build on the tree then.

“Harrumph!.. You tell me. Would he speak with cats and deers next and reach the castle of Bonne-Biche? I’m not exactly a Blonde, you know?”

“Bonne-Biche?” the lad glanced back. “Where is it?”

“Nevermind. Where’s the end of it I mean?”

Steve showed us the hut. It was a magical place, made of wooden planks but grown and fused together and with the tree. Inside there was a feeling like everything was brighter, more colourful and more alive. A simple blanket thrown over the futon of naturally bent sprigs seemed like everything you’d ever need, the hunger and worries began to subside. It wasn’t a dumbness like you felt in the witches place but more a nurturing mood of that place.

Romeo came about, a scatterbrain, and suddenly "remembered" to introduce you to a solemn tutelage oath.

You're in the middle of nowhere, between some freaking woods, in a hut half-built half-grown on a tree. Romeo expects you to take some pledge to him, claiming it's customary. What is your answer?
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-237/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-237/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-237/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-237/Lars)

Artemciy
2015-04-23, 07:26 PM
"Never took it" Steve admitted uncomfortably when Lars asked him about the oath, "though we go with Romeo a long way".

"Look!" the big ball of a small man paced nervously. "I'm taking a big risk taking you on. Demons, witches, your fledging abilities, you're a danger to yourself! I... I... I need a safeguard in case something goes wrong, in case a demon possess you so that I could fight his control or something like that" he flourished. "It's nothing fancy" he answered Joseph, "just a something to not turn what you learn against your teacher and to make you diligent".

"You would be taking a teacher's oath yourself, right?" Lars squinted, sitting on a chair backwards.

"I... I... Yes! Why, yes, I'll be taking an oath too! Naturally! After you take one, so do I."

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-238/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-238/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-238/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-238/Lars)

Danteric
2015-04-28, 07:49 AM
Joseph glared at the man with skepticism, the events of the last few days gave him ample reason not to trust anyone anymore, or else risk being lead into another trap. Listening to Lars suggest an additional rule to the oath, Joseph decided to give it a chance, at least if the mentor ship turned sour, they would have a chance to break free before it was too late. "I agree with Lars, that's the only way i'd trust taking it, no offense." He said, staring cautiously at the man, "Other then that, I'd happily accept teaching in how to control this...Thing." He said, meaning his unrefined Magic.

Artemciy
2015-04-28, 04:55 PM
Any distrust they had for the round man was dissipating slowly as the days passed. The place was indeed safe, at least nobody seemed to chase them anymore.

Romeo was reluctant to tell them more about what happened. "You'll learn in due time" he would answer absentmindedly. But Lars felt no malice from him, more like he was preparing an object lesson.

He taught them about different kinds of magic. "Some feats need just a focused intent", he'd say, "while others require precise formulas and preparation". You learned a few such verbal spells, like making a fire or turning water into spirits. "Be careful with that one" he nagged, but the useful trick was enlightening their evenings much.

"Your basic skill is the Sight" he explained. "Every mage has one. It's a sixth sense allowing you to feel the world like no mortal ever could."

"Here's a task for you" he said on the third day of training your Sight. "Go to the forest and tell me what lives in the trees".

Congratulations, Joseph (and Lars) have a Mage teacher now!
You might want to begin making a character sheet.
Also Romeo sent you to test your Sight. What do you See?
(Need any help writing the Sight? I'm ready to discuss in OOC or email)

Artemciy
2015-04-29, 07:52 AM
Trees were all around. Hell, they lived on a tree! But Lars went dutifully away into the tangle of sticks and branches. The quiet of the sunny day called to him, there was a longing to discover the hidden meanings of all this lively mess, as if the trees, the grass, hell, everything was keeping a secret, just holding its tongue until the pesky newcomer went away.

He let the feeling carry him, lead his feet on a random path through the growth.

Whispers. Whispers were familiar, he heard them back since…

They used to overwhelm him. Send him screaming, running and running until there was no force in the legs.

They left him closed tight.

Now he had to pry himself open. As Romeo taught him, he turned them into something more. Glimpses of a sky from an eye of a bird. Earth giving as he pushed himself through the soil. Burrowing through the tree, laying eggs…

It was scary. Not less scary than before. But now he knew he wasn’t growing insane, knew it was his gift…

He couldn’t yet pinpoint the location of where the images came from, something the baldy wanted him to do.

“Look, Jos, I think I’ve found something” Lars said thoughtfully after throwing the “net” of his awareness wide. “There’s something more intelligent here than the bugs. I wonder if that’s what Romeo meant”.

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-241/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-241/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-241/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-241/Lars)

Danteric
2015-05-02, 01:14 AM
Joseph left the canopy with Lars and stepped outside, curious to test this new Sight their teacher had taught them. After traveling through the thicket, Joseph came upon a small clearing in the forest, and takes a seat on a nearby rock. "Now...Concentrate.." He said to himself as he went over the motions his Mentor had taught him.

At first, there was nothing. When he closed his eyes there was only the blackness of the back of his eyelids, which caused him to sigh. Taking a deep breath, Joseph tried once again, closing his eyes and focuses on the world around him. It could have been likened to turning on a light switch, it happened so fast that it had startled him. Suddenly he could "see" the world around him, the movement of the world that surrounded him. He could feel the water in a nearby river rush through its course, channeling massive amounts of energy along with it, and how it crashed against the banks along the way. He could see the wind blowing through the trees as the Earth spun, causing the branches to sway just ever so slightly.

Soon his vision changed once again, shifting into his Entropy based sight. Joseph then saw the world around him differently once again, he could vaguely see the chances of things that may happen. The branches in the wind that would eventually crack due to the constant wind, a rock that would eventually fall into the nearby river. It was all new to him, and it began to overwhelm him before he managed to snap back to reality. And with that, things went back to normal, the feelings he had been getting from his new sight faded. After a moment to collect himself, Joseph headed back towards the Tree house with Lars to report his discovery, one that made his own mind boggle.

Turning towards Lars as he spoke about sensing something intelligent, Joseph began to wonder, "Wait, you're able to do different things then I am, right? What do you see exactly?" He asked, curious to what Lars spoke of.

Artemciy
2015-05-02, 03:57 PM
Lars glanced at Joseph, surprised. Of course, he squinted, Jos probably was too busy digesting all that stuff to pay much attention when Romeo was teaching him. It was all going too fast.

“Yeah” he said coolly ((thinking Clint Eastwood’s Blondie here)). “I keep getting those flashes of thoughts, feelings.” He looked around some, his eyes moving lazily from tree to tree. “You know what?” he looked back to Joseph now. “A hare or a kittiwake, they smarter than they look. But I’m talking something real smart here. I’ll just try to find where it is.”

random -c 5*4d10vs7
1) 4d10 vs 7 [4,3,9,1] = Failure
2) 4d10 vs 8 [9,4,1,9] = 1
3) 4d10 vs 8 [5,10,4,1] = Failure
Total: 1

Difficulty increased since he's trying to blend Connection in, which is still largely unfamiliar for him.
Overall it's a failure, but this one success might serve as a very general sense of direction.
Lars scratched his chin some and with a slow push began to walk in the direction he felt.

Wondering wether Joseph will decide to follow Lars after all.
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-243/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-243/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-243/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-243/Lars)

Artemciy
2015-05-05, 07:16 AM
We followed the path that wasn't a path, here tearing through the undergrowth, there walking a field, entertaining a thought that we’ve been lost.

“Here, can you feel it?” Lars whispered. “In the trees”.

We stood on a small hill and looked at the groove where Lars’ mysterious friend was.

The "early warning" system is temporarily broken (an upgrade gone south).
Will you use the Sight, suggest moving forward and meet the specimen or suggest we turn away?

Danteric
2015-05-05, 08:07 AM
Joseph glanced up at the trees that Lars spoke of and shrugs his shoulders, not sure what Lars was seeing. It occurred to him that Lars had a different kind of sight then he had, clearly able to see things differently then him. "I dont see anything.." Said Joseph, scanning the trees above him, "Lead the way, i'll be behind you.." He said as he continued to look around, shifting to his own Sight as he tried to find what Lars spoke of.

Artemciy
2015-05-05, 07:35 PM
Joseph’s Sight was alike some obscurely advanced x-ray vision even though he wouldn’t know it from ex-fray mission. The tension of sap climbing the capillaries, the wind swinging the branches, even the pressure of the air, all this was like a picture to him, drawn in impossible colors and breaking the laws of order and perspective.

And in this fantastic landscape he saw what was hidden from the eyes.

http://fairyroom.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fairyroom_alpluachra.jpeg

A small creature with even smaller beak and what looked like the tree roots for its hair was peeking at them from the crown. It’s body was small as its head big and ended in a hanging lizardly tail.

The creature eyed us impatiently and went back to its game of juggling stones.

Lars didn’t see it hidden between the leaves, but he stumbled in its general direction, entering the groove, then coming back to the fore.

“It’s there but I can’t see it” he said crisply.

A cone hit him in the head. “Ouch!” he scratched it to the wild snickering coming from above.

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-246/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-246/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-246/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-246/Lars)

Danteric
2015-05-08, 06:19 PM
Joseph followed behind Lars, keeping his force sight trained on the canopy of trees around them, watching in awe as he saw the the various forces at work in the trees. Fixing his sight on the small creature that was hidden from Lars, he couldn't help but let out a chuckle as the cone landed ontop of his head. "Pesky little trickster, isnt it?" He asked, "Never seen anything like it before, maybe its some kind of squirrel?" He joked as he watched Lars search for the critter.

Artemciy
2015-05-08, 07:30 PM
"I bet this squirrel can talk" his was a darker humour, "and I bet this squirrel can scream" he finished after a pause.
Something was going to happen. A moment passed, then another.
Lars scratched his head.

A Matter effect he tried to use didn't work against the living Pattern of the tree.
Rolling Wits to see if he'll think up another interesting effect: 3d10 vs 7 [8,1,7] = 1.
He did!
Matter 3 + Connection 1, 6d10 vs 9 [9,1,8,3,1,9] = Failure.
He raised a hand toward the crone but still nothing happened. Turning to John he waved in a "se la vi" gesture and walked a wee to the side as if saying "no more".

"Maybe we should leave it alone" he said a little sheepishly.

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-248/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-248/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-248/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-248/Lars)

Danteric
2015-05-10, 01:39 AM
Joseph turned to Lars and shrugged, "Think so?" He said as he watched Lars place his hand on the tree, seemingly focus on something, but step away as it failed. "Let me see if I can get it down.." He said, keeping his eye on the creature with his Force sight. After a moment, Joseph tried to activate his secondary sight, Entropy. His vision began to shake as his perceptions changed, the once lively canopy was replaced by the sight of a swirling network of dark energy, Entropy. Joseph could see many things about the tree, He could see the branch the creature was hiding away on could crack under his pressure, and it gave him an idea.

Walking up to the tree, Joseph places his hand on the trunk and began to concentrate, trying to use the techniques he had learned from Romeo. Focusing his minds eye on the creature, Joseph began to work his magic, using his Forces to increase the weight the creature was placing on the branch. Combining it with his Sphere of Entropy, Joseph attempted to make the branch snap due to Just enough weight and cause the creature to plummet to the ground. Of course, this is what he had in mind, being unpracticed as he is, Joseph had a feeling that things never go as planned.

Using Forces+Entropy to increase the creatures weight and cause the branch to snap, not sure what to roll.

Artemciy
2015-05-10, 06:17 AM
You roll Arete + the highest Sphere used, 3+3.
The touch and the resonance give -2 to the difficulty I assign.
6d10 vs 5 [9,9,3,1,7,6] = 3.
The creature crashed down, screeching and landing on the grass. Lars thought of catching it but he didn’t have time for that for the beastie launched itself at him all teeth and nails.

Wits, 3d10 vs 6 [7,6,6] = 3.
Creature’s Attack 6d10 vs 6 [4,8,8,1,7,8] = 3.
Dodge 8d10 vs 6 [7,4,6,8,5,7,6,1] = 4.
Reacting swiftly, he ducked and stayed crouched, his hands touching the fertile earth.

6d10 vs 6 [2,10,4,7,8,9] = 4.
It was cementing around his hand, turning into an impromptu shield.

Will they catch the creature or at least force it to submit?

http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-250/Joseph (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-250/Joseph)
http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/pic/FI/talks-250/Lars (http://gift.glim.ru/rp_choice/edit/FI/talks-250/Lars)