PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Knight

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-01, 10:53 PM
Riordan stands up from the ground and looks around, finding himself to be in a sloped alleyway about 20ft wide and 15ft tall. The floor is coated in what appears to be an ever flowing river of water about an inch high that is sloping down. Amongst the water is a strange mixture of green and purple liquid that is thicker than the water.

There are no creatures on either side of the alleyway which stretches for 50ft ahead of Riordan and then forks into a path east and west, nor is there any enemies in the 30ft stretch to the south of Riordan which curves behind him.

Riordan spots several coral sculpted statues in the hallway as well as intricate paintings on the side of the walls. The statues are of naga figures holding tridents in a ceremonial fashion and the paintings are masterfully painted pieces of abstract art full of twists and curves and elegant colors.

Riordan hears the sounds of battle coming from the north and hears shouting but can't make out the sounds. The strange liquid seems to be flowing from the eastern path in the northern passage as well as the voices.

Riodan is still cursed with 1 strength and has lost 4 levels permanently (Thus is level 10)

Road_Runner
2014-09-03, 11:56 PM
So if not already, Riordan is going to be in steamblade + shield arms giving him 10 strength.

Riordan is going to cautiously approach the battle and attempt to listen what's going on without entering line of sight.

Listen: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-04, 03:40 AM
The corridor extends further down east and then makes a sharp turn north again. Staying around the corner to stay out of line of sight gets Riordan about 50ft away from the encounter. The strange liquids are becoming thicker and thicker and almost cover the entire floor now but seem to dilute a bit as they head down the path but they are still staining the floor beneath the ever flowing water.

Riordan strains his ears but he can't make out what they are saying exactly. It seems to be a human doing 90% of the talking at the moment and Riordan can hear a continuous moan of pain coming from what seems to be many many snake like tongues.

Riordan can piece together fragments of what the human appears to be saying as he is saying it quite loudly but he still can't make out everything. (The …'s are gaps where Riordan can't make out the words).

…this out? …… No reason… with petty violence…. well anymore…

Road_Runner
2014-09-04, 04:15 PM
Encouraged by the sounds of what seems like some sort of rational discussion, Riordan decides to cautiously approach the encounter. Ok Riordan, I know you're pretty weak right now, but let's just see if they're friendly. When in doubt, just shield out.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-04, 07:58 PM
Riordan turns the corner and finds the scorched remains of a battlefield. More than a hundred corpses of naga warriors and witches litter the hallway and the passageway down. The strange liquid that seemed to be flowing from this direction is very obviously their blood. Green blood flowing from the male warriors and purple liquid flowing from the female witches.

Walls are scorched with heavy fire and the wounds on some of the dead are enemourous, with some looking to have been flayed alive while others mashed into paste.

50ft away from you stands four injured Naga warriors surrounding a human in a fancy purple robe holding a large closed book in his hands. The human is surrounded by a 20ft shell of green energy which the naga can't seem to cross.

The human was the only one talking it seems like and he spots you immediately and calls out, Hey! I don't suppose you would mind helping me out here? I am pretty much out of spells and these guys don't seem to want to negotiate right now.

The naga guarding him seem to turn and eye you viciously.

Road_Runner
2014-09-04, 08:40 PM
Riordan stares around at the scene, hesistant. "Uh... well I don't know any of you are, or what's going on here. For all I know you could be an evil wizard. If you can explain quickly I might be able to help you."

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-04, 08:55 PM
I am just a researcher! My name is Canas, I just have kept on this floor and the Naga here would rather I left. There isn't anything else to this situation! So a bit of help would REALLY be appreciated. I know where the exit to the next floor is though. Thats useful information to a challenger like yourself right?

The naga simply hiss in your general direction and one of you waves his trident at you threateningly.

Roll20: (https://app.roll20.net/join/507275/PHmfpw)

Road_Runner
2014-09-04, 10:36 PM
"Hmmm that sounds like a good deal to me. Two questions: what is that green field around you and do these naga have any abilities besides stabbing with a trident that I should know about?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-05, 12:43 AM
It just prevents them from getting near me. Unfortunately it also means I can't move right now without shattering the barrier. And no these guys are just grunts I killed all of their casters. Watch out they are still decently skilled warriors.

Assuming you engage after this roll init.

Naga: [roll0]
Canas: [roll1]

Road_Runner
2014-09-05, 03:08 AM
init: [roll0]

Road_Runner
2014-09-05, 03:24 AM
Riordan changes his steam blade to a bane(aberration) shocking keen weapon.

Attack bonus: 15

Damage: 4d6+4

AC: 39

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-05, 04:29 AM
The naga seem to take your switching of weapons to indicate hostile threat. They reposition themselves so that they still have pinned Canas and two of them move to engage Riordan.

One of their attacks hit for 19 damage.

Riordan must make a fort save or be dazed.

However, with tactical insight they begin their assault again. (Both of them use White Raven Tactics)

And full attack each of them three times.

3 of the 6 attacks hit for a total of 64 damage.

Canas casts finger of death at the one south of him which connects and strikes the Naga warrior dead. Canas then moves out towards the south. Ha! Somewhat escape!

It is Riordan's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-09-05, 11:38 PM
"I don't think I can fight them! Just run." Riordan 5 ft steps and full attacks.

Attack: [roll]1d20+15/[roll]
Damage: [roll0]

Attack: [roll]1d20+10/[roll]
Damage: [roll1]

Then Riordan will activate his shield.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-06, 05:42 AM
1st: [roll0]

2nd: [roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-06, 05:54 AM
Both attacks of Riordan's miss the Naga's thick hide and armor.

Canas yells out to Riordan, Thank you! Don't flee to your right most path! It leads to their stronghold! The exit to this floor is in this north path if you can get to it!

One of the Naga slams his trident into your shield three times but doesn't actually manage to break it though the shield is weakened.

The other one retreats and seems to want to prevent Canas from fleeing. The one near Canas positions himself so that Canas can't run by him.

Canas runs right next to the one Naga and reaches out with his hand sending a wave of negative energy. The Naga screams in pain but is still standing.

It is Riordan's turn. His shield took 40 points of damage.

Road_Runner
2014-09-07, 06:23 PM
Riordan is going to tumble away and re-manifest his shield arms and activate them.

[roll0] (Edit: actually +11 but makes it anyways)

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-07, 06:30 PM
The Naga swarm around Canas. Both attempt to use the Dazing Strike Maneuver but Canas manages to dodge them. They each then use white raven tactics on each other and unleash a flurry of attacks. Canas for all his clumsiness when moving manages to awkwardly dodge all but one of the attacks while nearly dropping the large book he is holding whenever he dodges.

Still one connects and slams Canas to the floor with a trip attempt and hits for 35 damage.

Canas while tripped though slams his foot into the healthy naga and casts Harm.

The naga screams in pain but is still alive as the harm spell can't kill.

The naga near Riordan moves and attacks once hitting for 12 damage on Riordan's shield.

Riordan's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-09-08, 06:39 PM
"Yeah I don't even think I can hit these guys... I've been super cursed... normally I could probably take them all on myself. You think you can finish them off with your remaining spells?"

Riordan moves, re-manifests his shield arms, and activates it as a swift action.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-09, 04:17 AM
I think so. Lets see Canas unleashes a burst of flame from is hands and feat while on the ground scorching the two next to him into unconsciousness. He stands up shaking off some dust.

I think I can handle one more

The last Naga bolts down the right most passage.

Heh, thoughts so. Canas than awkwardly steps over the numerous corpses in the area and walks near the corner of the little section he was in. He calls out to Riodan, I don't suppose you can speak with animals can you?

If Riordan rounds the corner to see what he is talking about,

Riordan sees a small spectral otter floating in the corner of the room, as well as an actual corpse of an otter sticking out beneath a corpse of a naga warrior.

Road_Runner
2014-09-09, 02:55 PM
"Nope... is that some sort of ghost? Usually my friend figures these things out... Maybe he's intelligent though. Probably not but let's check." Riordan calls out to the otter. "Hello otter person, can you understand me?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-09, 03:02 PM
Ah no, I created him. It works as the more common speed with dead spell but it only works on animals. I was hoping to get some information out of him but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. I keep forgetting that my ability inherits the traits of the speak with dead spell. Notably, in this case needing to speak the same language as the subject you are trying to speak with.

Canas dismisses the otter and lets it go to its final resting place.

He brushes himself off again and picks up a pile of books scattered in a corner, Thankfully these books are protected against water damage. Still I don't believe I have introduced myself. I am Canas Jeffichew, renown author and scholar of the unknown and mysterious. Pleasure to meet you. I would suggest we talk more but they may come back with reinforcements. I might I suggest retiring to my abode?

Road_Runner
2014-09-10, 12:32 AM
"That sounds great." Riordan will follow him to his abode.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-13, 07:21 PM
You two hurry back through winding passages as Canas seems quite in a rush to get back. After about 15 minutes of walking back you encounter a large (20-30) horde of plant like bush creatures and Canas sighs in relief, Ah, these were my "Reinforcements" I had called in. I was hoping that they would reach before the naga reinforcements reached. Thankfully you showed up though that was a great help.

After the horde of plants showed up Canas heads back at a much slower and casual pace and takes a great care to note his surroundings and occasionally takes out a journal and notes something that he sees.

After a bit more walking you reach Canas's "Lair" as he presses his hand on what seems to even Riordan's discerning eye to be normal stone. The stone bends and opens to a large cavern about 100ft in radius. Several spartan structures constructed by unskilled labor or magic are scattered across the area with only one particular structure having any designing flair to it. A large structure off to the side of the cavern decorated with intricate patterns on the side.

Numerous numerous amounts of similar plant like creatures dot the perimeter and as well you spot several skeleton undead standing mindlessly in front of some of the structures.

Canas shows you inside one of the structures where Riordan finds shelves and shelves of books and journals and notes as well as a large table in the center of the room.

Pardon the mess, but please have a seat, I am truly thankful for your assistance. Might we start with introductions? My name is Canas Jeffichew as I mentioned earlier. A druidic scholar and researcher, as you can probably tell by the piles of notes and books scrawled across this place. I pretty much have control over most of this floor but I don't really do much with it or enforce anything so numerous other factions have sprung up. But I imagine a challenger like yourself probably doesn't care much about the politics. I can show you a map to the exit of this floor heading straight to Elysium if you wish but I don't think in your current state you would be able to do much or pass through it. What ailments are you under? I may be able to help or at least direct you to a place where you could get help.

Road_Runner
2014-09-15, 11:27 PM
"Hello, I'm Riordan Gearheart. Yes, I ultimately want to regroup with my party members but I have no idea where they are and can't in my current state. Unfortunately I got hit pretty hard on the last level. I was cursed really badly, my strength was reduced to that of a small rodent. I also had my soul severely drained... the effect became permanent recently, and so I am much weaker than I normally am. I don't suppose you have the right spells to fix either of those?" Riordan asks hopefully.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-17, 01:21 AM
"Hello, I'm Riordan Gearheart. Yes, I ultimately want to regroup with my party members but I have no idea where they are and can't in my current state. Unfortunately I got hit pretty hard on the last level. I was cursed really badly, my strength was reduced to that of a small rodent. I also had my soul severely drained... the effect became permanent recently, and so I am much weaker than I normally am. I don't suppose you have the right spells to fix either of those?" Riordan asks hopefully.

Pleased to meet you Riordan. That sounds like a curse and negative levels respectively. I don't think I can do anything about the curse but I should have a scroll of restoration that I can and will use once I find it in this mess. Still you encounter this on the floor of the Naga he looks slightly confused as he continues, They aren't known for their necromancy. Did you run afoul of a trap of some sort or a monster of Halastar's? The naga generally have the 8th floor locked up pretty tight. I am quite surprised you managed to get out of there and all the way to the middle of the 9th floor in that condition.

Do you know if your allies escaped to the 9th floor? I imagine if they were all challengers who broke through the 6 and 7th floors they must be reasonably competent. If they made it to this floor I will try to locate them. I have several animal and plant scouts on this level.

Road_Runner
2014-09-22, 05:27 PM
Riordan looks up in surprise. "So I'm on the 9th floor? That's good I guess. I ran into a strange leech creature that cursed me, and a big giant that ennervated me. Both of them I found on the 2nd floor with my party. We advanced to the 4th level, and then took our chances with a magical portal. I ended up here, I have no idea where they went. One of the members also accidentally teleported in an earlier encounter, so he also should be somewhere in the tower if he's still alive. What was that fight about earlier?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-26, 05:29 PM
Canas looks at you with significant surprise, You took a teleporter device, got unlucky and then lived…. That is incredibly lucky of you. Canas pauses as if choosing his words carefully, I don't mean to sound callous. But I think there is a significant chance that your friends may be dead. The sheer amount of traps and locations owned by ruthless individuals makes it seem to me unlikely that they could survive unless they were masters of either stealth or combat. Still I wouldn't give up all hope, I would just expect the worst.

The fight from earlier, well this floor is pretty much unclaimed. Most semi permanent inhabitants refer to it as my floor but I don't exercise any rules or restrictions over the floor. People can do what they want as long as they don't interfere with my research or try to take it over. The naga of the 8th floor keep on trying to take over this floor though and it is a hassle. Normally I would take out more shambles and undead with me but I was just making a quick scouting of the territory and noting a few things down in my journals. I thought I found a naturally occurring source of magical oils but alas it was simply an illusion placed by Halastar. I thought to stall a bit and talk with a corpse of an animal as you saw earlier when a Naga strike force guided by either divinations or supreme luck happened upon me. I didn't quite have all my spells for that day so I was somewhat limited in my options with dealing with them. Still I managed to take out most of them until you showed up so I thank you for your assistance.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-07, 03:51 AM
After a bit of awkward silence Canas continues, Now getting back to the topic of your curse. I frankly am not sure what you can do about that. I am certain that there is someone who could restore your strength in the naga portions of the floor but I am not confident of your chances of finding them without getting killed and or convincing them to help you.

Some of the challengers on the floor might be able to help you as well. The Cult of the Fallen as they like to call themselves are a group that has nested itself deep deep in the corners of this floor. They have an annoying enchantment on their fortification that prevents those capable of casting spells from entering. There is a good chance they would be able to fix you up. But they spend most of their time assaulting challengers on this floor and stealing gear and lore so I am unclear if they would be able to help. And even if you can get past the ward against spell casters I doubt you can get through the rest of their fortifications. I have sent a good number of shamblers and I can't get anywhere close.

As a quick fix I could simply polymorph your form into that of an animal or another creature with high strength and physical abilities. But it would be a short duration and I doubt your natural enhancer type abilities would function in that form.

There are other such beings on this floor that may be able to help but once again its either too risky in your current shape or would be unlikely to help.

A being of shadows I refer to as the revenant has appeared on the floor. She appears to be using a strange subset of shadow magic but seems to at the same time seems to break most of the assorted rules of shadow magic. She seems quite powerful but she barely speaks and usually just wanders the halls. I have tried to contact her but it is difficult.

An angel is imprisoned in the southern west chambers of the floor but it seems like that could be an obvious obvious trap of Halastar. No one I know has attempted to go near the creature who seems content to sit in prayer. It is possible that the angel might be an actual angel or defeating the trap may release some kind of holy healing artifact but that is a stretch.

Canas pauses as a skeleton knocks and enters the room holding a sheet of paper. Canas takes the sheet and looks at the writing on it and sighs.

And the merchant is being the merchant I suppose. There is a merchant on this floor and in fact in my fort and I do business with him from time to time but he does tend to charge ludicrous prices. A scroll of miracle which would be needed to remove the curse for sure is apparently worth 200,000 "For these particular circumstances". I am grateful for your help but I am not selling all of my gear, my life savings and my grant money to help you. If you could raise the money on your own you could probably buy it though. He usually sticks to his ludicrous deals once he states the price.

Do you have any ideas on how I could help?

Road_Runner
2014-10-09, 02:44 PM
At the mention of the merchant, Riordan scowls. "Ugh, Ackbar. Hate that guy. The Cult of the Fallen sounds kind of selfish; I can't really think of anything I can offer them so I doubt they would help me. This powerful shadowcaster and the angel sound like potential options. I am a good person, and have taken a sacred vow and donated all my materials wealth, thousands of gold pieces, to help the needy. It is possible if it is really an angel they would help me out of the goodness of their heart. You want to try that option first?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-11, 05:07 PM
Canas sighs, Sure, but we will be resting for the rest of today. I need to regain my spells and in your condition if you encountered anything dangerous by yourself you would probably die. I have a spare building with a bed in the south eastern area if you need it.

Road_Runner
2014-10-12, 05:34 PM
Riordan nods with appreciation. "Thanks, I could definitely use some rest. I will see you in the morning."

Riordan dreams about bashing naga warriors faces in.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-12, 09:41 PM
Riordan's dreams are pleasant. Riordan wakes up and Canas takes him to the Angel's quarters. You are escorted by about 20 shambles and several skeletal Naga. The shamblers seem to hover near an electrical waterfall type of environment that is near the south east section of Canas's fort before leaving. You encounter several traps along the way but nothing that Canas can't trivially handle. You encounter a challenger wandering the halls but he bolts upon seeing you before you have the chance of talking to him and is ludicrously faster than you, you seem to spot him as an elvish figure with red crystalline lines coursing along his veins.

You stand outside a closed door. Canas speaks, This is the door to the chained Angel. I will let you attempt diplomacy by yourself. My… personal tastes in magic… may sour any attempts at diplomacy before they begin. his hand waves over the numerous undead following you.

I shall stand back and let you handle this. Call out if it is a trap which I am quite confident it is.

Road_Runner
2014-10-19, 10:02 PM
"Don't worry, I will." Riordan cautiously approaches the door (in steamblade/shield form, as normal). He then opens the door carefully.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-20, 09:09 AM
Before you is a large open chamber with ceremonial runes and torches near the center of the room. The rest of the room is bare except for a few continual lights scattered around the edges of the room.

In the center of the room is an angel seemingly meditating surrounded by a circle of runes and dust coated by layers of force and dancing lights and pulses of magic. The Angel twitches on occasion as if being stabbed every so often.

The angel is seemingly still healthy but it's wings and body seemed to be…worse off… wrinkles where you would expect perfect skin and the like. Almost as if from the acclimation of stress.

The angel speaks in a calm voice as you enter. Ah the lucky prisoner of misfortune. Please approach with caution. This is not a trap but I don't want to set a bad example for you here. Please treat me as if I am dangerous. Its eyes are still tightly shut even as it speaks and addresses you.

What exactly brings you here? Are you looking for your friends? Are you searching for a way to regain your strength? A way out of the tower? I know you have suffered greatly since coming here.

Road_Runner
2014-10-21, 12:22 AM
Riordan watches the angel warily. "Treat you as... dangerous? Are you not in control of yourself?"

He pauses, not getting any closer. "My primary concern is breaking this horrible curse, since I won't be able to do much of anything with it on me. I don't want to ask for too much... but if you also know where my allies are, I am concerned about them and would really like to reunite with them at some point, if they are still alive."

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-21, 02:09 AM
No I am in complete control of which actions I can take. It just is unwise to treat this place with anything but the utmost caution. I have sensed many lose their lives over such slip ups. I am no danger to you unless you attempt to free me then I shall stop you.

My seal is frustrating but it is my burden to bear. Any within this seal remains trapped and has their perception spread throughout the tower. Constantly feeling and seeing all those who are suffering. And only those who are suffering. I can feel the hunger of the children on the 5th floor, an unlike challenger falling to his death on the 7th and a swarm of parasites eating others. The suffering is endless. Likewise it prevents me from helping an individual in more than one way. I can tell you where your friends are or I can help you lift the curse. Make your decision and I shall help in what ways I can.

Road_Runner
2014-10-22, 11:37 PM
"Why can't I attempt to free you? Will something bad will happen? I can't do much of anything with this curse, so if you can only do one thing lifting it would be my request." says Riordan.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-23, 04:52 AM
This is no freedom without sacrifice. If you were to "rescue" me from this trap you would have to take my place and I will not allow that. This is my burden to carry.

The angel smiles at you, Still I shall be able to help you in what ways I can. A golden wave of energy flushes over you. I see a great amount of necromancy put behind this curse. I am not strong enough in my current state to remove it completely. I am however able to reduce its impact to negligible effects. Necromancy is often the magic of death and while not always curses also have a strong connection to the negative energy burst that follows a creature's death. If you refrain from touching corpses or any dead flesh and avoid fighting undead or if you at least cleanse yourself thoroughly with holy water or similar substance the curse should have no impact on you after fighting undead. Undead ironically enough have most of this negative energy subsumed within them and as long as you purify yourself within a reasonable time frame you should not have to worry about the curse returning.

Also, since Halastar was mad I have found a minor way of subverting his commands to a degree. If you accept I can house a dormant aspect of myself within you. If I sense you are in trouble I may be able to use that divine spark to use your body as a catalyst for my assistance. Since under Halastar's understanding this is only beneficial to myself, as I will more than likely take control of your body while this is underway it doesn't fall into the category of helping someone once.

Riordan would gain the Sacred Vow and Vow of Purity feats for free but the curse only is negated while he has the benefits of the feats. If he maintains contact with dead flesh for a minute the curse resumes until he purifies himself. If he fights undead he must purify himself within a day or the curse comes back. Failure to purify himself for a week means the feat is forever removed and the curse comes back full strength.

Road_Runner
2014-10-23, 03:11 PM
Riordan nods as he listens to the angel. "That works well enough. I would gladly accept a dormant aspect of yourself. Would this be a long term investment? My goal, however impossible, is to eventually take Halaster down, and having an angel with me would be very helpful."

I already have Sacred Vow, so I'm guessing he's just giving me Vow of Purity. Also, do you watch Supernatural or is that just a coincidence? :P

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-23, 08:27 PM
There is no limit on the duration that I am aware of. I believe it would only function in this tower but I am not sure. Still I would look forward to seeing Halastar's suffering with my own eyes. I pray that with the Benevolent one's blessing you will succeed. For now I shall suppress your curse until you find a way to permanently remove it.

The angel begins a chant and for several minutes nothing happens, however a flow of strength starts to grow back in your limbs and soon pulsing golden light shines from your arms and legs. Eventually the glow subsides and you are back at full strength.

Go, with the benevolent one's eyes always upon you The angel smiles, it's eyes still shut.

FINALLY. And no I don't watch supernatural just a coincidence. What happens in Supernatural? An angel suppresses a curse with something similar to this?

Road_Runner
2014-10-23, 10:24 PM
Before Riordan leaves, he asks, "Wait so, um... how sentient is this dormant aspect? Can you observe what I'm seeing? Can you mentally communicate with me?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-24, 01:01 AM
Neither, it will remain dormant until I will it otherwise. I can sense sorrow and despair so hopefully in your greatest time of need I can activate it. Otherwise I may well be blind to the situation. Still I have a decent sense of the tower I may know what is going on with you even if you aren't experiencing great despair.

Road_Runner
2014-10-28, 12:19 AM
Riordan nods. "Got it. Thank you very much for what you've done, I cannot express my gratitude enough." Unless the angel has anything else to say, Riordan will leave the room to find Canas. "Hey Canas. Turns out the angel really is an angel, and he was able to suppress my curse. It's not completely removed though; I can't touch any dead bodies without washing myself with holy water soon after or the curse will come back. He also invested some sort of 'dormant aspect' of himself in me, which may come in handy sometime."

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-29, 01:31 AM
Canas flashes a genuine smile towards Riordan and the two of you head back to Canas's hideout, Well I am glad that you are finally back to your previous strength. What do you plan to do now? Explore the floor? Hide out until your friends make there way down here? You probably still aren't strong enough to clear this floor by yourself right now.

Road_Runner
2014-10-30, 03:03 PM
"Hmmm. I don't know where my allies are, but it might be worth it to wait around for a few days in case they are below me and heading to this floor. If they don't show up soon... I'll probably head up to the next floor." He pauses for a second, thinking. "Don't get me wrong, I'm much stronger now that the curse was removed. However... the higher floors are only more dangerous, yes? We had some close fights on the lower floors, and that was with my whole party fighting. I believe you mentioned you want to stay on this floor to do research, so I'm not going to ask you, but these other challengers, is it common for them to group up to face the climb together? Although it may be hard, I may have to accept the fact my party is dead, and if so, maybe I should try and see if I can find some other challengers."

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-30, 03:50 PM
Canas raises an eyebrow, I would highly recommend trying to either find a diviner to make sure or to gather some other allies to climb. I know your strength now Riordan, you can lift approximately 1.75 tons while still being able to move around decently agile while still being able to fight. Based on mental calculations you seem to be able to switch out enhancements on your own body as well to a ludicrously effective degree bypassing some artificers in that regard. You don't appear to need food or sleep and I would peg you at about the top 5% of melee combatants in the world. The problem is you are in the tower. This is not the outside world. I am not insulting you but it would be a disservice to be anything but blunt. If you try to pass this floor by yourself I swear by the benevolent one you will die. More than likely in a way that makes your potential revival infinitesimally small.

I don't believe there are any challengers down here right now, other than the cult I mentioned earlier but they don't seem to be your type of people that you would conceive of joining them. I will tell you if I note of some challengers coming down from the 8th floor though and shall send you towards them if you wish.

Road_Runner
2014-11-29, 01:56 AM
Riordan nods. "That's a fair assessment, I'm not offended. I think I might stay here for a bit. The tower seems here to stay; I have all the time in the world to die. It doesn't make sense to take unnecessary risks, so I think it makes sense to wait here until another party comes through that is making the climb and willing to take me on as another member. In the mean time, maybe I could help you with your research?