PDA

View Full Version : Nature Duo in an Unnatural place.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-01, 10:58 PM
The red crystal cavern surrounds Tuglinok as he stands up wearily from the failed transformation. Red spikes on the floor tear into his feat but he finds that the air around him is saturated with… some kind of positive energy which heals his wounds. It feels almost "Slimey" compared to normal positive energy and it doesn't seem to want to heal any further after the first cuts and wounds are healed.

Tuglinok looks around and spots a strange creature, unlike one you have ever seen before. An armored plated bullet shaped creature held up by short powerful legs and its head has a large snapping maw and has two translucent, gelatinous sacs bulge on either side of her head carapace, each of which holds a brain. In the creatures eyes is a strange look for what appears to be a voracious eating machine—it shows fear.

It appears to be trying to tunnel into the ground but it does not appear to be getting far.

The cavern is massive 60ft radius approximately and has two winding passages, one to the north and one to the south east.

Demidos
2014-09-02, 04:22 PM
Tuglinok looks around for any other creatures or anything artificial looking with his far sight, checking down the tunnels and around the cavern. He also attempts to figure out how hard the spikes are by testing various materials (clothes, metal) to determine what if anything he has that he could jury-rig as footwear. He obviously also tries blasting it. Obviously.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-02, 06:35 PM
As Tuglinok tests out the durability of the spikes in the ground the strange creature flees down the south east.

The spikes are durable but not THAT durable. They can't seem to pierce metal and they are about as solid as stone or crystal. Still painful and debilitating but unlikely to tear your foot off.

As Tuglinok zaps one of the crystals its snaps off effortlessly as the blast of lightning destroys the chunk. The loud noise however seems to alert someone as Tuglinok hears a yelp coming from the north passage and then footsteps coming your way. They seem to be about 300ft away right now.

Demidos
2014-09-02, 07:17 PM
Hrm. Is there anywhere nearby where someone could take cover and be hidden from whatever is approaching? Also, i'll move my farsight over there, see if i can see anything

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-02, 08:54 PM
Not unless you can shrink enough to hide in the spines on the floor. The cavern is empty except for them and some stalagmites on the ceiling.

Your far sight reveals a strange floating head with several tentacles with eyes floating around. It has four tentacles with an eye on each one. A strange tentacle drags behind it and floats through the air.

Demidos
2014-09-02, 10:15 PM
Tug will move to a spot that is out of direct line of sight of the exit and ready an action to flame shock it.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-02, 11:21 PM
Tug's Move Silently Check: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-03, 03:57 AM
I am unclear where you are hiding. Inside the south east tunnel? Right around the corner of the entrance to the northern path?

Demidos
2014-09-03, 04:31 PM
Hm, lets do in the far tunnel, around a corner, and with a farsight up around the corner so I know when he gets close.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-03, 04:39 PM
The creature floats into the center of the cavern. Its eye stalks rapidly rotating around in place for a few seconds as it scans the room. It clearly notes the broken spines where you zapped lightning at the floor and it turns towards you, looking through the solid wall as if it wasn't even there.

Several mouths suddenly form on the floating head and all bellow out a horrendous high pitched scream which rings down the hallways of the cavern.

Demidos
2014-09-03, 04:47 PM
[roll0] Inititative Check