PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Monsters and Mini boss ideas for a maze.

Drackstin
2014-09-02, 08:58 AM
So the players of the game i run have stumbled on the lair of a Ancient elder red dragon, being old and bored, also full, he decides that he needs entertainment. after tricking the group into finding him, he gave them an ultimatum, entertain me or be eaten. the group decided to entertain the dragon and then they where teleported into a giant maze. the group consists of 2 clerics, one CN and one NE, and 2 fighters one a dervish and the other a dread pirate. atm the CN cleric is acting like the parties rogue since she is rouge 1/cleric 5, the group is all level 6.

so far i have the giant maze set for 2 floors, and the group has finished 50% of the first floor, finding the stairs going up to the second floor. Fighting a young cyrohydra at the stairs(fell from a presser plate trap, since the cleric only checked the door and not the room for traps) they have also fought a monitor, and 2 banshees, and a weretiger.

the fights have been exciting so far but i wanted to bring a little more to the table for the next few sections, the maze is designed to be in 5 parts. the outside of floor one leading upstairs to the outside of floor 2, then need to find a lever and change the position of the stairs to go to the inside of floor 1 then back up to the inside of floor two, hitting another lever to change the direction of the stairs so get to the center of floor 1, where s sphinx is waiting with 2 doors behind it. one door will open when the group answers its riddle, but it wont tell them if they are right or wrong.

At the moment i"m looking for more things to add to the maze, there is a old turtle man that has randomly appeared in 2 rooms in the maze with beds and a small shop(on a encounter roll of +95. and there are also a lot of traps, so many, that the group leader the dervish now uses a mirror to look around every corner and rolls a reflex check on every turn.

so if anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated. i may need 2 more mini bosses, and an idea for when the get the riddle wrong.