PDA

View Full Version : Slime Children!!! (3.5 Race; PEACH)

Ralcos
2014-09-02, 12:59 PM
My friend always joked about playing a Slime character, and thus I decided to find him a race.
This is what I found, and I wasn't pleased with how they did it:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Slime_Child_%283.5e_Race%29

So, I made my own version of the above link:

Slime Child
A magical breeding of an ooze and a humanoid, this abomination is a basically new race that are ostricised by all (due to their physical form). Few have proven themselves in the world, most of them being adventurers.

Racial Traits
* +4 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity, -4 Charisma
* Base Land Speed of a Slime Child is 30 feet.
* As well as normal vision, Slime Children have Blindsight of 30 feet.
* The Slime Child begins with the Humanoid (Slime) Type. This comes with the following changes to the Ooze type:
- Humanoid (Slime) are not mindless, and thus have an Intelligence score.
- Do not gain the Blind features of a normal Ooze.
- They keep immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning effects.
- Humanoid (Slime) are susceptible to critical hits and flanking
- Humanoid (Slime) need to eat, drink, and breathe, but do not need to sleep.
- Humanoid (Slime) are biologically immortal, meaning that they do not gain any aging bonuses or penalties.
* All Slime Children have Resistance to Acid damage equal to 5 + their Character Level, but take an extra 10 damage from all electricity-based damage sources.
* Automatic Languages: Common, choice of one other. Bonus Languages: Any (Except for 'secret' languages, such as Druidic).
* Favored Class: Cleric.
* Level Adjustment: +1 (?)

So, without further ado, What do you guys think?

Leviting
2014-09-02, 09:11 PM
Well, regarding the critical hits/flanking buisness, does that mean they have internal organs? In addition, even the bilogically immortal Elans still have aging bonuses/penalties.

Ralcos
2014-09-02, 11:34 PM
Well, regarding the critical hits/flanking buisness, does that mean they have internal organs? In addition, even the bilogically immortal Elans still have aging bonuses/penalties.

Well, they do have biological organs.
Also, I'll add an aging chart soon (if that's the case for Elans).

Debihuman
2014-09-04, 02:46 AM
Ooze is not a standard subtype in 3.5. It is its own Type so you should rename it Slime or Viscous and define it as a new Subtype.

Debby