PDA

View Full Version : IC Mercs

Pages : [1] 2

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-02, 02:40 PM
Your in the city of Galdrick seeking employment at the Mercenary guild. Galdrick is under rule from a noble in a castle on the hill overlooking the town.

As you enter the guild you notice a large fire pit in the center of the room with two men talking to a priest in torn clothing one of the men talking is a large man the others a shorter man but older due to the streaksiof grey in his hair.

On the farthest corner of the room are three mercenaries gambling for coin and the loot perhaps from some recent misson. The barkeeper is polishing some glasses to have something to do and the waitresses are just sweeping the floors and wiping down tables.

What do you do?

drack
2014-09-02, 03:20 PM
Sir. Shiny boldly strides towards the three talking, throwing his arm over the priest's shoulders. "Greetings!" his voice booms through the room. "How does this fine morning find you?!"

Rhyvurg
2014-09-02, 03:30 PM
Roan finds a shadowy corner to brood in, his hood pulled up. Had to present the right professional attitude after all. Then some fop walks in and starts yelling. Wonderful.

Ellowryn
2014-09-02, 05:00 PM
Masher will stride to near the center of the room and proclaim Greetings, i am Masher, i am seeking employment on the premises. Who may i speak with to begin the application process?

And it will continue to remain standing there, facing straight ahead until an answer is given.

drack
2014-09-02, 05:05 PM
Sir. Shiny, always the helpful sort called across the room back to the other loud one. "Hay, over here, we're gonna get to that after I catch up with this raggedey looking priest, from the look of him he's either broke or needs help, a far more likely way to find employment then to sit around like these others!"

bekeleven
2014-09-02, 05:37 PM
Iver walks into the room and scans the area. Damn. Best brooding corner is taken.

He takes a few steps towards the center, keeping his hands in his pockets. As he walks, the bow on his back bumps a chair, which scrapes across the ground. He speeds up until he's in the center group.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-02, 05:56 PM
The large turns angerly towards the group and shouts. "WHO ADDRESSED YOU TO JOIN OUR CONVERSATION!" The old shakes his head slightly.

"Haar keep your voice down. You dont want to give the priest a heart attack do you? If not stand over there" he points to a table ten feet off.

As the man walks to where he was supposed to go you here him mumble "Father is becoming to soft in his senile old age."

The older man turns to the newcomers (you guys) and says "You guys want employment? First things first state your name and what your known for or good at then we will discuss employment. Remis go have a seat till this is all over then I will send the boys over there to help you out. " The battered priest sits down as one of the waitresses brings him food and water.

drack
2014-09-02, 06:03 PM
Sir. Shiny states his name and his affinity for bloodshed, combat, and babysitting.

Yas392
2014-09-02, 06:04 PM
Panini is curious about the success rate of this guild. That is why she sneaks into the establishment, gathering information by hiding in some cramped space. When she sees the loot amassed by the three shady people over the corner, she crawls towards her destination. Steady....Closer...

Arg.

She fell face onto the ground into open space.

drack
2014-09-02, 06:12 PM
Carefully Sir. Shiny picks up Panini by the back of the shirt and sets the sneak onto his lap, bouncing him/her gently there as if it were the most normal thing in the world.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-02, 06:43 PM
Roan walks over to the table, arms crossed over his chest. "Name's Roan. I'm a ranger. I range."

Yas392
2014-09-02, 06:45 PM
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING AND WHAT DID YOU CALL ME??!!!!! Vein marks appeared on her head. Panini grabs this shiny man who dares touch her and hurls him across the room.

Ellowryn
2014-09-02, 06:47 PM
Nodding in compliance, it walks forward to the old man and then stares down at him

I am Masher. I am proficient at causing life signs to cease. Is that acceptable?

It continues to stand there looking down at the old man.

drack
2014-09-02, 07:02 PM
The big man sits unmoving, but as he pulls back his hand he looses his balance and crashes to the ground. In an instant his club is out and darting for the child's skull, but then he stops himself and laughs. "Children be children." He adds merrily as he picks back up his chair and sits down once more.

Marlowe
2014-09-02, 07:32 PM
Sigrun stalks into the room with a cheery smile and a swish of bizarrely anachronistic academic clothing. All of it starkly monochrome. "Gentlemen!" she begins simply, executing a precise bow to the room in general. "Sigrun Belgranda, sword for reasonable-term hire and lady of all--" She takes in the scene with Sir Shiny brandishing his club and Panini looking aggrieved, and stops. "If this is an awkward moment, then I really don't--"

She first notes that what she's seeing looks like a small girl being menaced by a large, rough man. Then she notices the look in Panini's eyes and the way her clothing sits on her like a petticoat over a Razorblade Golem. "--then I really wouldn't want to be a party to it becoming embarrassing." She continues, sliding over the floor until she's between Panini and Sir Shiny. "Let's all remember why we are presumably here. Which, first and simplest, is to show that we're Professional"

bekeleven
2014-09-02, 07:53 PM
"I'm a shooter," Iver adds. "Best in my age bracket."

Rhyvurg
2014-09-02, 07:55 PM
Roan frowns, pointing his finger in Sir Shiny and Panini's faces. "You! Stop manhandling children. You! Stop throwing people. You two are dangerously close to shenanigans."

Alihandros
2014-09-02, 08:32 PM
A large for his size, half-orc, wearing a chain kilt, speaks up, upon hearing the requirements, and then before.

" I are Thud, I make problems go Thud, I like Thuds, more Thuds for Thud is good for you."

With that Thud will stamp over to the three gambling in the corner to see what is going on.

drack
2014-09-02, 08:39 PM
Sir Shiny, who had long since returned his club to his belt, his seat to an upright position, and himself to his seat casts a peculiar glance at the two. "You two slow reflexes." He comments as if making mental notes.

Marlowe
2014-09-02, 08:57 PM
Sigrun gives the red-headed Ranger a slow nod of the head while trying to keep the girl in black within her vision. The large man with the club, insofar as she could tell, seemed like just a big, soft, complacent bruiser with grammatical issues. The small lady on the other hand, while possibly not the deadliest person in the room, seemed to be the most dangerous combination of deadliness and volatility.

She decided to try again, and addressed the group in the center who seemed to think they were in charge. "Apologies for the kerfuffle. Sigrun Belgranda. Trained and Skilled in the Traditional Feminine Arts of Martial Study and Precision Violence. At your service, contract pending" She gave another short, sharp bow. "I apologise for any unladylike forwardness, and for my rough and uncultured manners."

Alihandros
2014-09-02, 09:04 PM
Thud after watching the gaming for awhile will try to muscle his way in, ignoring that which is happening behind him, this is more interesting.

Yas392
2014-09-02, 09:53 PM
Well, if I am professional, that big tin man did not take me seriously. She puffs in indignation but cutely. Whoever put a lug in the way was an idiot! She looks at where she stumbled. She remembered moving under the tables. And when she is just three tables away to reach the mercenaries, she tripped because someone extends their leg. It was a big, meaty leg. Gahhh! She recovered enough to and stood proudly even if she is insulted by the patronizing behaviour of the knight. Well, this "little girl" just threw you across the room! My name's Panini, the swordtwirler extraordinaire, remember it!

Alberic Strein
2014-09-02, 10:13 PM
Such commotion was bound to attract people, one of them being what looks like an elderly gentleman who so happens to be interested in the offer, so he walks up to Remis.

"Good day, my name is Reynardt, since it's pointlessly long, please do call me Rey. I am adept at detecting lies and hares running through the bushes, as well as cooking and setting bones back in place."

The one-eyed man glances over his shoulder before adding:

"Oh, and throwing people like the lady over there.

Reynardt notes the valiant effort of Sigrun to keep things progessional, but is not quite eager to step between the two. Hey, cooking ware is expensive, what if it gets broken.

He does keep an eye (eh) on the situation, ready to act if things go awry once again.

Marlowe
2014-09-02, 11:33 PM
Sigrun politely nods to the smaller women, for in spite of appearances there was nothing about her stance to suggest a child. "Just Panini?". Most people in House Gneisenau had had at least two names. Some, such has the unfortunate Shadowcaster known generally as Anastasia See Appendix E, had had rather more. But Sigrun was learning that the world outside the grounds of Swartzwald was a simpler and more casual place.

"A fine name" she says with confidence. "Please call me Sigrun. I tried out Siggy once, but people kept remarking that it made me sound like something that gets set on fire".

Yas392
2014-09-03, 06:02 AM
Did you just heard what I've just said or are you deaf? Yeah, Panini, no surname. The petite killer lifts her oversized parasol over her shoulder as if it is a normal thing. They called you Siggy, huh? To me, it sounds remarkably cute. How could anyone think it is fiery? Panini is beaming as she thought up some more nicknames for the girly swordswoman. Si, Grun. Se, Run. Sig, Grr. Sig, Gher. Ahahaha, I think Si, Grun or Sig, Grr fit you better. The first seems noble and second seems more menacing.

Alberic Strein
2014-09-03, 06:16 AM
"Sig is the better sounding one, by my reckoning."

Rey adds, half turning himself towards them.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-03, 11:34 AM
The priest looks at Reynadt and says quietlyhello Rey I am not the mercenary leader he is. pointing to the old man by the fire. "His name is Greil the priest turns back his barely touched food.

[You could roll knowledge local or history checks on him if you like.]

The man Greil told to sit at the table stomps off angerly at all the comotion and stroms off downstairs.

The Greil nods when you address your skills and professions clearly not that impressed and only blinks twice at the slightly girl who threw the man acrossed the room thinking to himself "Hmmm...maybe I could use them but they would be only good in some situations." Clearly wise as he takes time to file away all of the information persented to him.

Greil looks at Sigrun and says "Traditional femine fighting school you say? I thought you had to be 21 to leave their after training starts or are they becoming lax in the way they train their students now?" Greil says his eyes seeing see falls for his ruse.

Turning towards Masher "Masher thats fine resently we need some skulls bashed but do you know how to pull back or do you attack at your fullest regardless of yourself?"

Towards Thud "Well met Thud I hope you are ables to be able to smash things for awhile yet."

Directing his attentions towards Iver "I hope so because we lost our last archer two months ago."

Shiny is it? I like the control you show but I wont be requesting the babysitting service for awhile. He says with a deep heartwarming laugh.

Two rangers now? Well Roan Im pleased to know today might be more profitable then the last couple we been having.

Alberic Strein
2014-09-03, 01:01 PM
Reynardt sighs at his blunder and goes to The Greil. He doesn't know if the mercenary leader heard his introduction, so to be safe, he repeats himself.

"Good day sir, as I was -mistakenly- explaining to your associate over here, my name is Reynardt De Meldonde, Rey for short and I am seeking employment. My field of expertise goes from cooking, to setting bones and includes a good sense of hearing and, as far as fighting is concerned, hand to hand techniques."

Marlowe
2014-09-03, 03:06 PM
Sigrun raises an eyebrow to Panini. "If I had not heard you, I presumably could not have repeated you. Now you can call me what you wish but I would prefer something polysyllabic and containing vowels". It was beginning to look as though some testing of her patience was in order.

As Griel addresses her she politely turns on her heal to face him. She's tempted to respond with "How do you I'm not 21?", but senses this is not the time to be coy. "A disagreement ensured between myself and a certain senior student. As a result, I am looking for work in the private sector, and he is looking for reconstructive surgery. I received "Early Graduation". My martial abilities should nevertheless be acceptable, although I never completed the units for "Knowing About People", "Knowing about Dead People", or "Scaring People Into Doing What You Want". I trust this satisfies your curiousity".

"Also, what is a "Femine?"

drack
2014-09-03, 03:21 PM
Well, if I am professional, that big tin man did not take me seriously. She puffs in indignation but cutely. Whoever put a lug in the way was an idiot! She looks at where she stumbled. She remembered camouflaging with the wall and eyeing those three when somebody rest their head on the wall, causing her vertigo. Gahhh! She recovered enough to and stood proudly even if she is insulted by the patronizing behaviour of the knight. Well, this "little girl" just threw you across the room! My name's Panini, the swordtwirler extraordinaire, remember it!

Sir Shiny politely ignores the child's exaggerations.

Shiny is it? I like the control you show but I wont be requesting the babysitting service for awhile. He says with a deep heartwarming laugh.

"Indeed? That's a shame." sir. shiny responds, a smile on his face.

bekeleven
2014-09-03, 03:44 PM
Iver wanders over to the bar. "How much for a pint?"

Yas392
2014-09-03, 05:21 PM
Uhhhh, yeah. I agreed with that one eye man over there. The little goth had a vaguest sense of the big words that Sigrun was using and she hastily change the subject, turning to Rey. Do I know you? She shakes her head but light up at sudden revelation. Hey, aren't you that cooking guy with that happy woman? She then faces Greil and fall down her knees, pleading in a pitiful state. I am sorry, I am sorry for playing around but I am seriously looking for a job. Please take me in. I beg you. She sweats, cursing silently in her mind for being rude and stammers. IamPaniniIamgoodathidingandtakingpeopleoutcanIplea sejointhe groupIpromisethatIwontcausealotoftroublepleaseplea seplease...

Ellowryn
2014-09-03, 07:11 PM
I use as little or as much force force as the situation dictates. While i was calibrated for full force i am capable of stopping before most life signs cease.

Masher continues to stand there and stare.

Marlowe
2014-09-03, 07:19 PM
Sigrun takes a step back Panini as the small lady falls to her knees. Issues, this one. But as the trail of pleading goes on and on she stoops down on one knee next to Panini and gives an urgent whisper. "Life lessons for Lethal Young Ladies number 7: Never tell a man that you're desperate. It is one thing they are good at figuring out for themselves."

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-03, 07:37 PM
To Iver the barkeep says "A copper for a pint. Unless you like somin' fancy that a be half a gold" The barkeep says with a grin.

To Rey "Its fine I heard most of it when you were talking to Remis."

Greil smiles at Sigruns composure "Good it seems you have a sense about you. I would like to see these martial abilities sometime." Turning to the stammering girl he says "Okay okay its fine just show your worth."

Sighing at mashers response "I wasnt talking about foes I dont like to lose any able fighters if I can advoid it. We need to work on that retreat if you need to. Treasure is not more important as your life."

To everyone Greil says "If you want to join prove your worth to the south Remis's Monstary was raided by a group of bandits and now they're taking refuge their. If you want to join go there and get rid of them. Jonas will go with you to show you the way and tell me you completed the misson. Also you wages are what you reap from missions and what the employer gives less ten percent that goes to the guild. Jonas!" One of the mercenaries gambling stands up Greil informing him Jonas picks up some of the coin on the table and a ruby hilted dagger and puts it away ready to depart.

Alihandros
2014-09-03, 07:42 PM
After getting rejected again and again by those gambling in the corner, Thud upon hearing his name walks towards those gathered.

Reaching for his club strapped to his back, Thud thud things from sunup to sungone, and then some after, only stop to eat, sleep, or *retracted*. This help Thud, my best stick to make much thuds."

drack
2014-09-03, 07:47 PM
So what then are our wages and your percent of them on this initiation mission?

Ellowryn
2014-09-03, 07:48 PM
Masher turns its head without moving anything else, and looks at Thud

If you could refrain from such insignificant distractions your operational ability will greatly increase. Actions such as eating, sleeping, and breathing are horribly inefficient for a warrior, and ridding yourself of such will be useful for your continued services.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-03, 09:55 PM
Roan watches the growing motley crew with suspicion. Shenanigans were brewing here, he could smell it. "If it's all the same to you, I'd prefer to get the money and live to spend it, so I think I'll just be good enough to do both."

Marlowe
2014-09-03, 10:20 PM
Sigrun rises to her feet and, smiling to herself, mashes one elegant, slender, girly immaculately white-gloved hand into another. Yes! An assignment! I mean-a mission.

She turns to the rest of the party; beginning with the large man with the club. "Our wages are, as he said quite clearly: Acquiris Quodcumquae Rapis--you get what you grab. Minus ten percent. Also, I for one am with the Orc when it comes to wishing to continue with eating, sleeping, and redacting. However, what lies before us is the job of redacting some other redactors, so let us listen to the man who knows where they are."

She turns to half-face Jonas of the ruby dagger, one girly hand on her girly floral sword-hilt, waiting expectantly.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-04, 12:10 AM
"Well, if it's all the same to the rest of you, I'll be moving along to this monastery to clear out the bandits and take all their stuff. If anyone wants to come along, better come now, I'm headed for the south road."

Marlowe
2014-09-04, 12:49 AM
Sigrun makes a show of examining her gloved fingertips for signs of non-existent grit. "So, you're just going to go off. Unsupervised. In a southerly direction. To kill some people you think look the part of "bandits", in a building you think matches the description of "a monastery". And then return here to give the guild what you say is ten percent of what you found? Without anyone being able to confirm that you went to the right place, killed the right people, and found that and only that amount of loot? I'm just asking to see if that is really what you have just proposed to do. For our trial run. In front of our--I think "supervisor" is the word here."

Rhyvurg
2014-09-04, 12:56 AM
"I'm a man, I don't need to ask for directions. You wouldn't get it."

Marlowe
2014-09-04, 01:13 AM
Sigrun lowers her hand and gives the Ranger a cool look. "It's not a matter of directions. It's a matter of demonstrating that you can work within the confines of an organisation and as part of a team". She turns away. "It's not my job to stop you. Today."

Rhyvurg
2014-09-04, 01:28 AM
"Lucky for you, then, because I don't think you could. Finding a monastery is easy."

Yas392
2014-09-04, 02:35 AM
OhthankyouthankyouIswearIwontdisappointyouMisterGr eil Panini jumps up, eyes tearing up. Bwaaaahh, don't whisper to me like that. I don't need your advice, grown up. I am a growing girl. She includes herself in the discussion of wages. Yeah, yeah, we get it. As long as we have enough to get a lot of food and a good bed, I don't really care.

Alberic Strein
2014-09-04, 02:37 AM
Reynardt's smile freezes at the mention of his wife and he unconsciously starts touching her ring with his thumb.

"I was."

He almost responds. But at the last moments, he holds the words back.

It seems, to Reynardt at least, that Greil accepted to let Panini in on the test (or at least there is nothing stopping her from participating and being recognized a helpful addition to the band) so he extends his hand to her, so she can get back up.

"Cooking, sewing, cleaning the house and brewing tea to be exhaustive, yes that's what I did."

Rey, almost kneeling to get his hand close enough to Panini, does not shoot a glance at the Ranger nor Sigrun, but still adds his opinion to their conversation.

"Working as a team does not mean always being together. Scouting is indeed an important job. However, the farther you'll be from us, the farther you'll be from help is something goes awry. We are almost ready to go, could you wait just a few minutes?"

"If not... Take no risks and fall back to us as soon as something feels fishy to you, okay?"

Marlowe
2014-09-04, 04:11 AM
Distracted as she is by the Ranger's insistence on committing professional (and quite possibly literal) suicide; Sigrun can't help but be more intrigued by Panini. What in the name of Lirr's Lacy Falbala is up with this girl? She's wearing a small fortune yet she's desperate for food and lodgings? She bites her lip. Not the time to worry now.

But I'll be keeping an eye on her. And see if I can't keep Sir Soapbubble away from her too.

Yas392
2014-09-04, 05:09 AM
Oh. I didn't make you sad, did I? She offers a comforting hand on his hand, a grim expression replacing her cheery and boisterous features but seems to change quickly. So other than cooking, you said that you can throw like me and you can punch people. Did you learn all of this stuff from the Sublime Master?

Alberic Strein
2014-09-04, 05:34 AM
Rey straightens himself and paints a smile on his lips.

"No, I learnt to fight at a temple, not far from here. It feels like it was a lifetime ago."

He glances at his teammates.

"Everyone is ready to leave?"

Rhyvurg
2014-09-04, 05:48 AM
Roan arches an eyebrow. "Apparently this feminine fighting school does not have a course in deductive reasoning. That man is on foot, yet he made it here to seek help. Logically, the monastery is within a day's walk, and there are no major towns between here and there or he would be there wouldn't he? A monastery is a large place, I don't need to look into every shack and farm house. It will likely be old, bear the symbol of some faith or other as he is a priest, and show signs of recent attack. A large, old complex, possibly walled and self-sufficient, close enough to walk or ride in a relatively short time, south of here, and if we hit a large town we've gone to far? Yes, how could we ever find this place on our own. How daunting."

Marlowe
2014-09-04, 06:47 AM
Now Sigrun does shift her stance toward the Ranger. And indeed; shift her Stance. "I would rather have expected one of your apparent profession to have a functional sense of hearing." she says, rather quizzically. "I said: It is not a matter of directions. Is any part of that phrase not clear?"

"Leaving aside that foolishness of ignoring the intelligence that might be available to us here; The Guild expects to have eyes on the scene, the Guild wishes to watch us in action and judge us accordingly in our first outing, and the Guild expects to have someone on-hand to make sure it gets it's ten percent. Furthermore, if we do go off without such supervision and commerce committing acts of violence; we are in danger--legally if unfairly--of being taken for bandits ourselves. Is any of that not clear?"

Rhyvurg
2014-09-04, 07:48 AM
"The Guild expects us to show initiative, demonstrate how eager we are to do our part. When there's knife work that needs doing, do you think it would be better to sit around in a knitting circle, or use the knife?" And all Roan can think of is how fetching she looks.

drack
2014-09-04, 07:51 AM
Sir. Shiny looks quietly up at the barbarian beside him, silently wondering if they'd even have the option to wait...

Ellowryn
2014-09-04, 08:10 AM
Uninterested in the banter going on around it, Masher moves to standing next to Jonas and then begins to stare down at him.

I am ready to depart.

Will follow Jonas around, unless specifically told not to, while he heads to the quest area. Will stare at him while in town, and once we leave will take 10 on spot and listen (total -9 for both of them) while following. Don't need a horse but will hop into a wagon or other vehicle if provided for free.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-04, 11:38 AM
Greil sighs at the conflict brewing Hopefully they learn to get along. As Jonas doubled checks his sword he moves to the door a quick look back then he goes down the road at a jog. If anyones close to him you here him stay "You will have to build endurance in our guild and lets just say this is a little private initiation" he says smiling.

You jog for an hour arriving at the monastary. Jonas not winded in the slightess asks, "Do you guys need a rest?" smiling again.

bekeleven
2014-09-04, 12:00 PM
"This? This is nothing. Let's go again," answers Iver. His flushed face tells an entirely different story.

Alberic Strein
2014-09-04, 12:03 PM
"I'm too old for this... Wait, actually, I don't think I've ever been young enough to enjoy jogging down the road for an entire hour with cooking ware in my backpack."

He thought, breathing rather heavily. He then shot back a glance at the rest of the team.

If your character was having issues with the whole running thing, Reynardt helped, or at least proposed to.

Yas392
2014-09-04, 12:14 PM
Running is a kid's thing. ♪ ♪ ♪ Lalalala. ♪ ♪ ♪ Panini skips ahead, extremely energetic.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-04, 12:38 PM
Roan keeps jogging along. "Can we pick up the pace on the way back?" The ranger readies his crossbow and moves into cover, observing the exterior silently.

[roll0] Hide
[roll1] Spot

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-04, 12:56 PM
Roan keeps jogging along. "Can we pick up the pace on the way back?" The ranger readies his crossbow and moves into cover, observing the exterior silently.

[roll0] Hide
[roll1] Spot

Jonas smiles "Okay next time we will sprint back. Last one there buys a round." Clearly unfazed.

You notice that there are no lights burning and its very dark and quieter then a whisper as wind blows around the large building with a slight howl make the scene very eerie.

drack
2014-09-04, 01:07 PM
Sir. Shiny rides his white pony gallantly watching everyone in front of him run as his squires ran behind him unobserved.

Yas392
2014-09-04, 01:07 PM
Panini stops. Everything innocent about her melts away, eyes turning murderous. It is not the first time, it is whenever the air of silence permeates the area. She likes noisy place. This eeriness is wrong. Eliminate! Her mind speaks. Something switches on. Her high quality frills stop flowing as the gentle breeze stagnates. Black folds becomes interactive as the creeping shadows and she scurries off to hide and execute her actions CAREFULLY.

Hide (Take 10) - 17
Listen - [roll0]
Move Silently (Take 10) - 17
Ready an action to use Sapphire Nightmare Blade at any hostile.

Alberic Strein
2014-09-04, 01:19 PM
Reynardt drops his backpack under some bushes, marking the place so he doesn't have issues finding his stuff back.

He remains with the group, but finds the nearest shadow to conceal himself within. No reason to make himself an easy target.

Crossing his arms, he keeps his eye and ears open, waiting the return of the scouts.

Hide [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]

drack
2014-09-04, 01:21 PM
Seeing everyone come to a stop, Sir. Shiny reins in his pony keeping to the rear where there was only a reasonably high (as opposed to 100%) chance that his glistening armor would be seen by anyone in the area.

bekeleven
2014-09-04, 03:23 PM
Iver moves into the tree cover, circling the building on the opposite side of Panini.

Hide, Move Silently (Take 10): 16
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Alihandros
2014-09-04, 03:49 PM
As everyone stops, Thud grabs his club again.

"Why everyone stop? This light work, gets blood pumping to Thuding arm, lets go Thud some puny bandits."

With that said, Thud will await the command or idea from Jonas.

Marlowe
2014-09-04, 04:18 PM
Sigrun daintily removes a glove and elegantly wipes a few drops of sweat from her brow. "Thus far; sellswording seems identical to morning exercise" she says, a little reprovingly. "Now, Mr Jonas. Do you have any intelligence of value, such as known enemy strength or any dangerous areas within the building, or do we simply follow Mr Thud and hit anything he does not notice? I ask this since as the contract comes from the places rightful resident, it would seem simply--wasteful to send us in completely blind."

Although she's trying not to show it; having got into a spirited discussion with one of the more articulate members of the group for the sake of procedure, Sigrun is a little brassed off at the Guild representative for his apparent cavalier attitude.

drack
2014-09-04, 04:43 PM
"Hero, Thud. How would you like to charge in and flush them out?" Sir. Shiny offers helpfully.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-04, 05:14 PM
Jonas smiles as he says "Greil wouldnt have sent us here if he knew we couldnt take it the only reason we could lose is if the priest didnt tell us all the information. Dont worry about I was just sent here to watch but if you need help already" Jonas shrugs palms raised up. "Fine I guess it wont hurt the supposed to be about a dozen weak bandits from what greil told me and the boys. Do you need anymore help or suggestions to get started." he said with a held back smile.

Marlowe
2014-09-04, 05:20 PM
"Not sure what point "flushing out" will have until we have archers in position." says Sigrun, a little absently. "Or why they'd be so easily "flushed out" when they hold such a defensible location. Mr--Reynardt is it?" She addresses the older man.

"Panini seems to trust you and you both seem of the stealthy persuasion. How about you work together and scout out the entrances. We four--" She indicates Masher, Thud, Shiny and herself, "--will form the main body and back you up. I'm sure the Rangers know the first thing about scouting, and will do it without being told."

She gets a considering look. "It's the second thing about scouting, the bit where you actually tell people what you've found, that seems to elude many."

Alihandros
2014-09-04, 05:29 PM
"Why make them run Big Shiney Man, when Thud came make them thud?"

After hearing what Jonas says, or not hearing whatever Thud's case may be.

"Ready to go in, Shiney Metal and I go in and take care of puny bandits."

drack
2014-09-04, 06:09 PM
Mr. Shiny grins. "Yes Thud, they run at us so we can thud them. Perhaps the scouts will circle about and have an easier time finding their archers while they fire at us? I would hope so anyways." Somehow his naturally booming voice seems out of place in the quiet woods...

When Thud starts moving sir. Shiny will match his pace as horses can keep up with even barbarians with ease. Readying an action so that if they start shooting arrows I whip out a tower shield and catch any firing at me from any one direction. (no rolls involved)

Anywho a map would be lovely... :smalltongue:

Rhyvurg
2014-09-04, 06:59 PM
Roan emerges from the shadows near the group. "No lights, no movement. We should circle and look for a side entrance. Where's the kid?"

Ellowryn
2014-09-04, 07:06 PM
A frontal assault to cover our support moving into position, i see no issues with this strategy. The one who likes to thud and i shall proceed with our end of the mission at once.

Masher moves to catch up to Thud.

Weapon drawn and at the ready, will match speed with thud but be a few squares to his left so as to not provide one large target for attacks. Still taking 10 on spot and listen ([10-1] 9 apiece).

Marlowe
2014-09-04, 07:31 PM
Sigrun nods to Roan. Excellent question. She seems to be Employing Her Own Initiative." She pronounces the capital letters distinctly. "Well, as long as she remembers what we look like I suppose she still counts as an asset. Let's look for that side door."

Mv Silently:[roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Armour check penalty included.

Alberic Strein
2014-09-04, 11:38 PM
"Alas miss, I am not a stealthy sort, I am naturally calm. So while it helps me mingle with the shadows, as soon as I move..."

move silently (d20+2)[21]

"...The result is way less pleasant. Also, as a one-eyed man, my sight is not up to par, making me unfit to be a scout."

spot (d20+3)[5]

Aware of his own failings, Reynardt follows the group as the rear-guard, where his lack of stealth wil impede the group the least and where his keen ears will do their work, guarding against a surprise attack.

He bites his lip, we barely even started and we already lost a scout? Damn!

Marlowe
2014-09-05, 12:26 AM
"...very well. And that thing in front of you? That's a tree." says Sigrun, maybe a little too loudly.

Yas392
2014-09-05, 12:34 AM
Hostile. None. Revert to defensive maneuver. Panini is still near the group, a bit too close, just too focused to bat an eyelid from her task. They just need to be vigilant to be able to spot her.

Still Hiding
Change readied action to Sudden Leap.

Marlowe
2014-09-05, 06:32 AM
"Ah, there you are." says Sigrun, noticing Panini. "Now, the big men are going to do Manly Things, like pound on the front door, make noise, walk into traps and get shot at. We're going to try to be bit more circumspect and find a side entrance, would you like to come?"

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-05, 11:23 AM
When the scouts go up to the monastary they notice that the front door is already opened. There is not light inside but due to the fact that its noon your are able to look in a few dozen feet. It look as if no ones is there but there a smell of something decaying.

The monastary has no side doors and stained glass windows making it difficult to see inside.

When your going through with your procedure you see Jonas is writing in his notebook looking at everyone clearly pleased for some reason.

Marlowe
2014-09-05, 05:21 PM
Sigrun makes a mental note of the subjects depicted by the stained-glass windows. As well as the fact that a structure of a sort generally built for ascetic functionality even has such decoration. We never did ask what order that Priest belonged to. Other than that, she gives the walls of the building a scolding glance.

"I have a grapple and rope if we could find an open window." She says, "But that's not a recommended way of making an opposed entry. Shall we just get inside and see what we're dealing with?"

drack
2014-09-05, 05:27 PM
Meanwhile the party of BRUTES saunter up to the front door. Sir. shiny boldly calls forth. "Come and meet us you cowardly bandits! Do you so truly fear our might? Do you think you could simply run from us back to the shadows? I call you now to step forth and see if you could fell even one of us mighty champions! Or is it that you only kill squealing babes and whining old crones who cannot even see your blade before their face?!" Well that ought to draw enough attention to allow the others to move freely. All the same if nobody came even after that... he was beginning to think this might just be a test with no bandits to slay at all...

Alihandros
2014-09-05, 05:56 PM
After sauntering up to the front gates with Shiney and the Metal Man, Thud gives his decree.

"PUNY BANDITS COME FORTH AND TAKE YOUR THUD FROM THUD!!! he yells at the top of his lungs.

Marlowe
2014-09-05, 05:59 PM
Sigrun says a bad word, very quietly, and looks around for a long branch.

Ellowryn
2014-09-05, 06:27 PM
Seeing as everyone else around it was screaming off decrees at the top of their lungs, Masher decides to add to the noise.

PURGING OF ALL LIFE SIGNS OF ANY ADVERSARIES IS ABOUT TO COMMENCE, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!

Should no sort of answer comes once all the yelling stops, then it will head in.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-05, 06:33 PM
Roan stares at them like they've sprouted second heads, and moves off to the side of the door.

Marlowe
2014-09-05, 06:41 PM
Sigrun, assuming she finds a suitable branch, will use it to take a few moments to probe the floor in and around the door, the inside ceiling, and the inside sides. Just to make sure there's not, say, marbles or caltrops on the floor, people lurking next to the doorframe, or any other such malarky.

She will do this even if other people have already gone through, since Masher could quite easily crush a caltrop without noticing, and intelligent people who set ambushes often don't spring them on the first person to walk into them, but wait to catch the less-wary people following up. Especially if that first person is a large Adamantium construct with a large metallic weapon.

Sigrun went to a good school.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-05, 08:30 PM
Nothing moves not a single sound comes out of the monastary.

As masher heads in there are no signs of any dead priests. You notice the room breaks into three different directions. At the end of the hallways there are a single door for each and long burned out candels.

(Are you going to light any torchs or navigate in low-light?)

drack
2014-09-05, 08:40 PM
Sir. Shiny Pulls three torches off his belt and lights them. Then he gestures to his companions to lean closer so he can whisper unheard. Valiantly he whispers "Lets light this place on fire."

bekeleven
2014-09-05, 08:41 PM
Seeing no back door, Iver creeps his way back to the front entrance, bow out.

Marlowe
2014-09-05, 09:06 PM
Seeing Sir Shiny attempting to juggle a shield, a club, and three torches, Sigrun puts down the branch, takes out her hooded lantern, lights it, and raises it in her left hand.

"At school, we used to dispose of dead bodies quite quickly", she says quietly. "So I'm not an expert in the process of decomposition. Whatever happened here was supposed to have happened not too long ago. Should the place be smelling this much? Also, Sir, remember the brief. We're supposed to reclaim the building, not destroy it."

She looks from one corridor to the other, her glance occasionally scanning the ceiling. "Archers to the center, I suppose. And we'll try the doors one at a time."

drack
2014-09-05, 09:10 PM
Seeing Sigrun trying to balance a sword, daggers, a war-hammer, and hooded lantern Sir Shiny shrugs passing his torches to three squires to light their way.

Quick-draw, it's a free action to draw my arms, I only mentioned readying an action to draw and use my shield if I need it. just because it's on my sheet doesn't mean I'm holding it any more then you are. :smallwink:

Rhyvurg
2014-09-06, 01:21 AM
Roan rolls his eyes and readies his crossbow. "Place looks like it's been abandoned..." He moves to the leftmost corridor, glancing at the others so they know he plans on checking that direction first.

[roll0] Move Silently
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Listen

Alberic Strein
2014-09-06, 03:37 AM
"This smells like a trap."

Reynardt creeps behind the rest of the group.

Yas392
2014-09-06, 04:07 AM
Shade covers her face but a flicker of flame alight briefly, revealing her serious eyes as she moves to try the third door. She straps her parasol cleaver on her back as she opens the door with meticulous motion. Her stance did not break, she is on the defensive, preparing to jump back if something is amiss.

Spot - [roll0]
Hide - [roll1]
Move Silently - [roll2]
Listen - [roll3]
Still have sudden leap readied in case of hostile.

Marlowe
2014-09-06, 05:28 AM
There's a *scritch* as Sigrun draws her longsword, getting that swift action out of the way, then moves up to back up Panini.

"Any time you are ready, Small Lady."

Alberic Strein
2014-09-06, 02:56 PM
Reynardt pities those poor people who have to waste time drawing blades.

"And no Sigrun, luckily in this weather corpses don't start smelling before something like two days. Well, they don't start smelling of rot anyway, blood and intestines still smell from day one.

"I'll take the rear guard. ready when you are."

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-06, 04:11 PM
As you open the first door you see rows of beds with a heavy layer of dust on them telling you that no one slept here in at least a month. As the wind blows even more harshly outside making a chills go down your spine.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-06, 04:39 PM
As Panini opens her door an immense smell of rotting flesh rushes her senses. As she looks in she noticed some bodies of farmers more then half eaten dead of the floor and a priest also. But moving on the priest appears to be a huminoid shape with streached out skin along its body. The rags on it apprear to be priests clothing. It takes another bite tearing a chunk out before looking at you.

bekeleven
2014-09-06, 06:10 PM
Iver reaches the door and starts to approach everyone else deeper inside.

Marlowe
2014-09-06, 06:47 PM
"Small Lady. Get back from there. Behind me if you can." says Sigrun quietly, moving forward with her blade covering the door. "There may be others you cannot see. Above the door, let us say. Gentlemen! Ghoulie!"

[roll0]

Yas392
2014-09-06, 07:33 PM
Like a silent stalker, she moves to eliminate her target. She flies into attacking the feasting undead before it can react, blade crackling with bluish hue, still readying to jump back if needed

Sapphire Nightmare blade (Concentration vs AC) - [roll0]
Attack - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]
Extra Damage - [roll3]
Readied swift action to use sudden jump if being overwhelmed by numbers.

Alihandros
2014-09-06, 09:58 PM
Seeing everyone creeping every which way, Thud will go down the middle since that's the path not at all chosen.

"This be quick, let go."

With that he will use his club to open the door.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-07, 03:18 PM
As Panini strikes down the ghoul. movement occurs in the room revealing another three. One is another priest while the other two are a child and an farmer. (By there clothing not apperance. Except the boy as he is smaller then the rest.)

Thud opening his door show another hallway with 5 ghouls two are a priest one with a brown robe and another wearing a black. The three remaining ghouls looks like more farmers the one farthest to the right apprears to be a women. The middle one has a streched scar acrossed his face and the last one has only a line cloth on.

Ellowryn
2014-09-07, 07:04 PM
Seeing the 5 undead, Masher brings its greatsword to bear, Beginning Elimination Protocols, and then charges at nearest one.

Charge at nearest one:
[roll0]
If a critical threat, confirm roll [roll1]
Damage if a hit [roll2] x2 if successful crit
If a successful hit, Martial Spirit Healing on Thud for 2 (doesn't do anything cause we are topped off, but it goes off anyways)
Maneuvers Generated: Foehammer, Crusader Strike

Marlowe
2014-09-07, 07:32 PM
Seeing Panini making no attempt to fall back and hold the ghoulies at the doorway, Sigrun hooks an eyebrow. "Well then. Let's dance.", and pirouettes through the doorway to make a girly elegant, floral-scented swing at the remaining Ghoul nearest to Panini.

First: Activating Punishing Stance (swift action) gives +1d6 damage for -2AC.

Then: Tumble check to get to the target ghoul without activating AoEs from an ghouls that might be hiding next to the door. DC 15. [roll0] If it fails she activates AoEs as normal.

Then: Sapphire Nightmare Blade: If concentration check beats targets AC, the target is flatfooted and takes another +1d6 damage. If it does not then Sigrun is at -2 to hit.

Concentration: [roll1]
Attack:[roll2] with charge.
Damage:[roll3]+[roll4](stance)+(maybe)[roll5](strike)

EDIT: Net damage 13. Damn that 1.:smallannoyed:

Alihandros
2014-09-07, 07:53 PM
Thud will charge if possible the one with the scar or the priest depending on his route available.

"Ah, now Thud gets to make his THUDS!"

Attack:[roll0]+2 for charge, I forgot :smallredface:
Critical Confirmation:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Critical Damage:[roll3] or *2

drack
2014-09-07, 08:23 PM
Seeing that it'd probably end up a rather uneventful night, Sir. Shiny circles around the place looking for any trying to escape or ambush him outside.

[roll0] spot as Sir. Shiny gallops full circle around the building.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-07, 09:42 PM
Roan rolls his eyes and moves back to the main room. "If we survive, one door at a time next time, okay?" He takes aim down the hall with the 5 ghouls, but holds his fire until he has a clear shot.

bekeleven
2014-09-08, 01:43 AM
Iver rushes down the hall with the most noises coming out. Seeing a group of unfriendly undead, he sights on the closest and fires.

Precise shot into melee.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Crit confirm:[roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-08, 12:09 PM
Shiny does not see anyone outside.

As sigrun enters the room slipping on some blood making a bad roll a ghoul behind the door attacks missing due to Sigrun sliding to far but her blade hits her target. Not enough to drop it but clearly its injured.

Mashers swing hits the scared faced ghoul. Angerly the ghoul lashes out but a quick arrow from Iver drops it to the ground.

Thuds attack makes a giant WHOOSH but misses the target dead on the floor.

Yas392
2014-09-08, 04:46 PM
Panini's mind speaks for itself. But it is action over the mind. Yet the mind is the same as the action. Panini finished what Sigrun started by ending the ghoul she injured.

Moves to flank the ghoul that Sigrun hit if can
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Readied Sudden Jump if Ghoul attack her.

drack
2014-09-08, 05:00 PM
Seeing no bandits outside Sir. Shiny resigns himself to entering the tight corridors, tying off his pony and propping one of his shields in the entryway so that anything coming at him from behind would have to chop through it to flank him... or at least until he came to a corridor or room more then 2.5' wide.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-08, 06:11 PM
Panini strikes down the other ghoul in priest robes.

(Now my turn. :smallbiggrin:)

The remaining three ghouls in Paninis room move the child ghoul and the farmer get on both sides of Panini. The Ghoul that tired to hit Sigrun before trys to again.

For Panini
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]
Bite attacks ^^^ and paralysis DC 14 Forditude save.

For Sigrun
[roll4]
[roll5]
Bite and paralysis

In Mashers room the one ghoul stands next to masher when another attacks him in the front. Another attacks thud.

(And the last one cant get in because he is blocked by the other ghouls.)

For Masher
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

For Thud
[roll10]
[roll11]
paralysis

Ellowryn
2014-09-08, 07:05 PM
Unfazed by the assault Masher raises it's blade and begins to channel the power within it as it swings its blade into another ghoul.

Initiates his granted maneuver Crusader Strike, aiming at the ghoul attacking him that is furthest away from Thud

Attack [roll0]
If a Critical Threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2] x2 if crit confirm
If successful hit, Heal from Crusader Strike on Me for [roll3]
Maneuver Granted at end of turn: Crusader Strike

Marlowe
2014-09-08, 07:09 PM
Sigrun's sets her jaw as the slavering monster's teeth rattle off the rings of her sleeve. Like nails on a blackboard. She thinks absently. She notices one of the others draw blood on Panini and raises her voice; "Small lady, break for the door".

She aims a strike at the ghoul menacing her, then her movements seem to become more fluid as she attempts to tumble back into the doorway where they won't have to worry about being flanked...possibly.

Crusader's Strike: Attack[roll0]
Damage [roll1]+[roll2](stance)
If it hits, Panini is healed for [roll3] hp

Swift action: Cancel Punishing Stance

Tumble:DC 15 [roll4]

bekeleven
2014-09-08, 09:29 PM
Iver fires another shot into a ghoul through the doorway.

Attack roll: [roll0]

He backs up to the hallway entrance, but keeps his eyes on the ghouls through the doorway.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-08, 09:35 PM
Roan leans against the wall. "You know, if you back up and let them into the halls, they'll be forced to fight you one at a time, single file. Just a suggestion. Also, you'd have room for some backup."

Alberic Strein
2014-09-08, 09:56 PM
Reynardt was hesitated.

He had been very, very, very opposed to opening a second door, though not vocally so (a mistake!). And now he was in a very very difficult situation. Did he help the two girls or the two men? Reynardt, after years of being pushed around by his wife wasn't one for sexism. The girls had proved themselves just as strong as the men of the group, if not more so, and definitely more than him. He knew his own body, his lack of armor and just how frail he was. This didn't mean that he couldn't help anyone, but that -on one hand- it would probably be his last act as a member of the living and -on the other- that he was a one trick pony. He could do one thing, and if he did it badly, well, that would be it. He also disliked the idea of hitting a small child, even ghoulified. Rey always had a soft spot for the elderly and children.

He didn't know of the ghouls' paralysis powers, but all the blood left his face when Panini, which for all intent and purpose looked like a little girl, got hit and he was about to spring into action when she successfully distanced herself from her attackers. And so did Sigrun.

Back to square one. On one hand letting the ghouls hinder each other trying to pass the doors was a good idea, on the other, it meant him doing nothing once again.

Readied action: Using "Charging minotaur" against the next ghoul that tries to pass through the opened doors
strength check: [roll0] edit:arf, should have been d20+5, so it's 20. Posting the damage in the ooc thread.

Marlowe
2014-09-08, 10:55 PM
"Ah." remarks Sigrun, as Alberic rushes past her. "The men have entered combat."

Yas392
2014-09-08, 11:40 PM
At discretion yet in slight pain, she tries to tumble past one of the ghouls on one side to retreat to the doorway, knowing the risk that there is a possibility she might be clawed.

See OOC

Alihandros
2014-09-09, 05:24 AM
Thud will go into his rage, and swing at the ghoul in front of him.

Attack:1d20+7[/roll]
Critical Confirmation:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Crit Damage:[roll2]

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-09, 11:40 AM
Thud swing hits the ghouls head with such force. It tore it off, sending it flying across the hallway slamming into the wall.(Its dead if I didnt say it clearly enough.)
Mashers swing slices through another ghoul leaving only two left. As a rouge arrow flys through the hall.

Two ghouls tried to claw at Panini but missed as she rolled passed them. Sigrun swings performing a frontflip over the Ghoul at the same time she attacked dropping it to the ground and she moved closer towards the door.

drack
2014-09-09, 08:26 PM
Seeing a ghoul through the doorway, Sir. Shiny lobs a pebble at it with his poor-man's-sling. It wasn't worth getting stuck in that next doorway only to be eaten alive by a ghoul... silently he wondered where his party was if the ghoul was right there...

[roll0] for [roll1] damage

Sir. Shiny can't see the party due to the narrow doorway blocking his sight. :smalltongue:

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-10, 10:50 AM
Shinys stone hits the child ghoul in the shoulder not doing much damage.
(Ghouls turn :smallbiggrin:)

The child like ghoul charges at Sigrun as someone runs past her in a charge slamming himself into the ghoul knocking it into the wall snapping its neck.

The last Ghoul in the room attacks Reynardt with two swings of his arms.

(2 claw attacks.)
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

In mashers room the Ghouls attack with viscious bites.

For Masher
[roll4]
[roll5]

For Thud
[roll6]
[roll7]

Marlowe
2014-09-10, 11:13 AM
Sigrun blinks a little as the remaining Ghoul proceeds to whale on the white-haired gentleman with all the effectiveness of a raven attempting embroidery. "Endgame, I think, Small Lady". She charges forward to support Reynardt. "Time to finish this Girl-on-Ghoul action".

Reengaging Punishing Stance (-2AC +1d6 Damage. You know.)

Don't think we can get flanks right now, but cheers if we can.
To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2](Stance)

Alberic Strein
2014-09-10, 01:03 PM
The ghoul had been looming over Sigrun.

*snap*

Something broke inside of Reynardt and before he could understand what he was doing, he had closed in on the ghoul with a ghost-like movement. He was standing sideways from the ghoul, his right hand behind his back.

He thrust his hand. Then as his fingers reached the ghoul's bones, he collapsed his finger-strike, hitting with his knuckles, then he collapsed his blow again and hit with his wristbone. At that moment.

"Hah."

He thrust his hips, driving his bone into the ghoul's ribs. With his forward leaning stance and his arm held against his body up till the elbow, his fist didn't reach much farther than his shoulder, giving the impression that he had simply rammed into the ghoul.

Yet...

The ghoul was sent flying, its ribcage collapsed. The blow had power on par with a greatsword strike.

The elders at the temple called that the 'penetrating boulder' or something uselessly pompuous like that. It was a powerful blow however, albeit one he could only use so often, at the risk of destroying his hand.

Rey straightened his back, a white breath lingering on his lips, and put his left hand back into a guard position.

He parried the assault of the ghoul with whip-like motions of his hand, careful of not touching the nails. The attacks weren't very serious, luckily since he was terrible at dodging attacks.

His left thumb touched his wife's ring as the world started to disappear around him, dissolving into shadows. Sigrun was a formal black, while Panini, at the edge of his conciousness, was plum.

The ghoul in front of him in constrast, had never been so detailed, so clear.

He thrust his left hand like a spear.

Setting the remaining ghoul as the target of Stance of Clarity (+2 AC vs that one ghoul, -2 versus anything else.
Side-stepping to try and get into a flanking position with Sigrun or Panini
Executing Sapphire Nightmare Blade.
Concentration check Vs target AC: [roll]1d20+6[roll] [general failure here, the result is 17 (see ooc)]
Attack Roll [roll0] (-2 if concentration check fails, target is flat footed if it succeeds) / (+2 if flanking is achieved)
Extra Damage: [roll2]

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-10, 01:38 PM
Sigrun missed her swing but only just As Reynardt fingers goes through the rib cage of the ghoul making it go limp on your arm.

drack
2014-09-10, 02:26 PM
Sir. Shiny moves closer to the door and sees his allies locked in combat. Unwilling to see if this one will be the doorway to finally trap him, he calls out. "Hay, over here, why are you fighting them all out in the open when there's a nice door to stagnate them, undeads are always in swarms and you don't want them flanking you."

His shoulders feeling lighter with all that sage advice off them, Sir. Shiny plants his feet firmly before the doorway so as to trap the ghouls in the room as he flicks another sling bolt across the room.

[roll]1d20+2[roll] for [roll0] damage

drack
2014-09-10, 02:40 PM
obligatory text
[roll0]

Ellowryn
2014-09-10, 03:04 PM
Extermination nearly complete, Executing Cleanup protocols.

Initiating another Crusader Strike Maneuver
Attack [roll0]
If a Critical Threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2] x2 if Critical Confirmed
Crusader Strike Healing [roll3] on Thud
Granted Maneuver: Crusader Strike

bekeleven
2014-09-10, 03:06 PM
Iver shoots again through the door.

[roll0]
[roll1]
I swear these numbers get more impressive when I can afford a composite bow.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-10, 05:00 PM
With a target finally visible, Roan aims his crossbow and fires, trying not to hit anyone who's still alive.

No attack bonus after the -4 for shooting into melee
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

Yas392
2014-09-10, 05:01 PM
She mechanically nods, lunging forth to finish the job before rebounding back.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Child of the Shadow stance = 20% concealment
Swift Action to Sudden Leap after attack.
Jump - [roll2]
Tumble to avoid AoO - [roll3]

Alihandros
2014-09-10, 05:01 PM
Thud does not like the sound the Ghoul's head made when it hit the wall, a thwack instead of a thud, so he'll try again.

Fort:[roll0]
If not Paralyzed
Hit:[roll1]
Crit Confirmation:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
Crit:[roll4]

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-11, 10:29 AM
The Ghoul fighting making ducks under the swing at the same time as a bolt an arrow and a stone flew over his head.
Thud swinging down with a mighty THUD makes the ghouls legs shatter not being able to take the strain as he collapses to the ground.

The last Ghoul runs down the hall knowing that he is outmatched he opens up a door that you did not see at the end of mashers room. He enters the room and continues to run.

(What do you do?)

drack
2014-09-11, 11:33 AM
Sir. Shiny, seeing the ghoul he'd been fighting flee from view, gives chase shouting "Hay you! Stand still and face me you coward!"

Dropping my sling and gonna draw a club and shield when I catch up. :smallwink:

Rhyvurg
2014-09-11, 07:11 PM
Roan grabs Shiny's cloak, digging in his heels trying to stop him. "Do...not..chase...it!"

bekeleven
2014-09-11, 07:16 PM
Iver lowers his bow and looks after the fleeing ghoul.

"I hope you don't expect me to go first?"

drack
2014-09-11, 07:21 PM
"We were commissioned to kill them were we not? best we kill it outright then have it fall from a ceiling on us later."

Sir. Shiny continues after the ghoul taking the lead, ready for when it turns about to attack.

Gonna stick in 5' hallways and draw/use a tower shield as a readied action to seal off the hallway if it turns back to fight us. If it does I'll then tell everyone to be ready and drop it stepping back and drawing a smaller shield so peeps can shoot at it with ranged weapons.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-11, 07:25 PM
Roan keeps his hold. "We will track it, we will hunt it, but we will not run blindly after it and stumble into a nest of them unprepared!"

Marlowe
2014-09-11, 07:27 PM
Sigrun takes a step, flanking the remaining ghoul with Alberic, and remarks calmly; "Of course, it's always in the last few steps that all feet turn left", and summons her will to finish this for good.

Sapphire Nightmare Blade:
Concentration check: [roll0] if this beats opponent AC, ghoul is flat-footed takes extra damage. If not, -2 tohit.
attack:[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3](stance)+[roll4](strike, maybe)
EDIT: 12 total damage, that should have been d8+3, sorry.
EDIT: Well that should finish it anyway.

Sigrun wipes her blade off on the robes of the fallen undead, gives the sword a little flourish (refreshing manuevers) and sheathes the weapon. "Well done, all that did. Mr. Reynardt: thank you for the assistance. Small Lady: well fought but maybe we could afford to go about things more cautiously in future. And now--" She places the lantern carefully in the middle of the floor and draws the warhammer. "Perhaps you two could keep watch, and maybe look for another door in here--without opening it please--while I ensure that what has risen once may not rise again".

Gripping the hammer 2-handed, she goes about the room to the prone bodies, smashing skulls, ankle and knee joints, but in a very girly way.

Yas392
2014-09-11, 07:38 PM
Panini attempts another blow on the ducking damaged ghoul, intending a decisive strike.
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Child of the Shadow - 20% Concealment when moved at least 10 ft

Otherwise if it had been taken down, she will hide behind Sir Shiny.
Hide - [roll2]
Move Silently - [roll3]

Alihandros
2014-09-11, 09:12 PM
Thud gives chase, not one to let a chance get away from him. With a savage bellow about cowards and all that of course.

Alberic Strein
2014-09-11, 09:38 PM
"Is everyone alright?"

The old looking dandy asks, glancing at his teammates.

He, for one, is NOT.

Luckily, his unnerving calm is unrivaled under the heavens, as if it was not, he would be pretty much freaking out right about now. This being his first encounter with undeads and all that. Also, having a corpse impaled on his arm his hand sticking out of its back with probably a thick coating of the remains of a heart permeating his hand, was not the healthiest thing on his mind.

So he takes hold of the remains of his calm, and decides to freak out later, preferably out of sight. Right now they are in danger and he needs to be effective.

"Don't mention it." He answers Sigrun in a detached tone, completely in control of himself. "My actions were more embarassing than anything, really."

He unceremoniously frees his arm from the carcass of the ghoul, before doing a few breathing exercices and some stretching to help his hand recover the abuse it just sustained.

"I am going to need a few seconds before I am ready to re-engage the enemy, if you don't mind."

There will be time for feelings. Later. Maybe.

Marlowe
2014-09-11, 10:45 PM
WHACK*Splatter*

"Feel free to-"

WHACK*Splatter*

"-take your time. But-"

WHACK*Splatter*

"-please watch my back, and-"

WHACK*Splatter*

"-Small Lady, don't go running off."

WHACK*Splatter*

Ellowryn
2014-09-11, 11:18 PM
Masher ponders to himself for a brief moment, is this the point where other being might perform a sigh?

Perhaps.

Either way, Masher decides it would be best to keep up with the distraction so it begins to run.

Will keep up with Sir Shiny and will ready an action to attack anything that attacks him.

bekeleven
2014-09-12, 12:19 AM
Iver will run after, reasoning that if you're going to have a mess, might as well go all the way to catastrophe.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-12, 12:55 AM
Roans lets go of Shiny's cloak and starts drawing in the dust on the floor. "Okay, here's what we're going to do. I'm the scout, I'll be in front. You, Iver right? You'll be sneaking at the back, if anything comes up behind us, you'll get it before it gets us. Behind me will be Thud, on my signal he'll move past me and engage. Next is Shiny, you'll use that chunk of wall you carry to shield Panini and Sigrun, you'll be the anvil to their hammer, defend them so they can focus on offense. Masher, you'll be in back. If Iver attacks something sneaking up on us, you'll turn to help him. Otherwise, you'll be guarding Sigrun's back and keep them from flanking Shiny if we fight them in the open. Any questions?"

Marlowe
2014-09-12, 01:08 AM
Sigrun emerges from the other room with lantern held high in her left, her black-and-whites spattered with red. "That all sounds quite sensible, albeit it will be a trial walking behind Shiny after he's been eating all that bread. Only--is anyone actually listening?"

Masher would probably be better in front than Thud, given that he's immune to paralysis and can heal himself. But I don't think Sigrun knows enough to say so.

If some of Shiny's squires are around, she'll make a suggestion: "You lads there--the red shirts with the numbers on them are a nice touch--I don't think we need five of you to hold three torches. Or even three torches. How about some of you go outside, in the sun, and start rapping on windows, throwing rocks against the walls, making loud comments like "WE'LL PUT THE RAM HERE!!" and, "THE KNIGHTS WILL BE HERE ANY MINUTE!!". You know, just stuff to keep our foes on-edge and confused. If you see anything hostile, run back to us like little girls." She shrugs in Panini's direction. "Not like that one, obviously".

Alberic Strein
2014-09-12, 06:42 AM
Reynardt offers Sigrun a clean handkerchief with his right hand, so she can at least clean her face or hands. The face because having more brain outside your frontal cavity than inside is unpleasant, and the hands because bone splinters have a tendency to mess with one's grip.

Looking at himself, he wonders if it's not the kettle calling the pot black.

"I work decently at a rear guard."

He states, as Roan completely forgets to include him in his formation.

He also gets ready to counter charge any creature that comes too close to the archer or the girls.

Listen check to detect any surprise attack or any ghoul creeping from the ceiling : [roll0]
Readied action: Minotaur Charge against any enemy in contact with either Roan, Panini, Sigrun
strength check: [roll1]
damage (if applicable): [roll2]

drack
2014-09-12, 06:52 AM
Roans lets go of Shiny's cloak and starts drawing in the dust on the floor. "Okay, here's what we're going to do. I'm the scout, I'll be in front. You, Iver right? You'll be sneaking at the back, if anything comes up behind us, you'll get it before it gets us. Behind me will be Thud, on my signal he'll move past me and engage. Next is Shiny, you'll use that chunk of wall you carry to shield Panini and Sigrun, you'll be the anvil to their hammer, defend them so they can focus on offense. Masher, you'll be in back. If Iver attacks something sneaking up on us, you'll turn to help him. Otherwise, you'll be guarding Sigrun's back and keep them from flanking Shiny if we fight them in the open. Any questions?"

Sir. Shiny waiters patiently while the man talks then at last says. "If you want to go then go, don't be sitting here doodling. If you want to lead lead, you could have told us that while we ran! Now it's getting away!" Confidently he gives the man a slight shove towards the passage. "No Thud, not yet, this good man wants to go first to make sure you get to thud all of them and don't miss one."

Marlowe
2014-09-12, 07:20 AM
Sigrun accepts Reynardt's handkerchief with a nod of thanks, and sets the lantern down briefly as she delicately cleans off her gloves and face. "'slike that time Lena from needlework class needed some help dealing with her family trouble" she says quietly, apparently to herself. "Only at least I do not have Decorum and Proper Posture in an hour this time".

Keeping the handkerchief bunched in her left she picks up the lantern and draws her sword, sighting down the blade in a contemplative fashion."Bandits. A dozen bandits, we were told. While might be wrong to judge too much by trivial details such as dress, none we have encountered so-far appear to have been bandits. And I'm disinclined to believe that they decided to play dress-up before turning undead".

She looks around. "It is the middle of the day. We probably don't have to worry too much about them fleeing this building. But something is off. Shall we at least pull back the curtains? Let us get a look at the ground we have won without blinking through this fashionable chiaroscuro."

Alberic Strein
2014-09-12, 08:12 AM
"There is no such thing as reliable information, only the crossroads of purpose."

Rey thinks he is quoting someone, somewhere, but he can't remember.

Like Sigrun, he believes something is seriously wrong. However...
*the child ghoul's end flashes before his eye*
Falling back is not an option.

The white haired man proceeds, at the end of the procession.

Alihandros
2014-09-12, 08:14 AM
With everyone deciding to sit around and talk, Thud will sit down as his rage expires.

Marlowe
2014-09-12, 08:31 AM
Since the mad rush into the darkness as been postponed; Sigrun will, with care, take some time to draw the drapes in what she's thinking of as "the girl's room" and the other room discovered in order to let some light onto the issue, as well as hunt around for any obvious clues as to what happened here.

Other than all the dead bodies, that is.

[roll0]

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-12, 11:03 AM
Roan looking down the cooridor notices its about 5 feet wide and 40 feet long going down a flight of stairs to what appears to be a dimly light basement.

Sigrun doesnt find anything due to her combat blood thats making it hard to focus.

(So it doesnt seem to bad.)

Rhyvurg
2014-09-12, 03:29 PM
Roan grins. "Basement, excellent." He takes the lead, fading into the shadows and examining every step.

[roll0] Hide
[roll1] Move Silently
[roll2] Spot
[roll3] Search
[roll4] Listen

drack
2014-09-12, 03:38 PM
Sir. Shiny waits at the entrance to the basement for the man to finish going through it.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-12, 03:52 PM
As roan reaches the bottom steps he see a large corridor roughly 20 feet long and 20 feet. There is a bed directly across the opening with a body on it to the left of the openning is a desk with a leather bound book on it. Roan also see the last Ghoul smiling at him as the body on the bed rises reaveling a Ghoul in a nuns clothing.
The Ghoul who just came of the bed says "Ree-mis...Remis have you come back with more food? I was getting hungry. Do you not want to please me your precious Lydia?" Lydia turns looking at Roan "Ahh...fresh meat. Remis good job. My love for you is increasing. " Lydia gives a fiendish smile with her skin tight face making a distrubing apperance.

[BOSS BATTLE #1 Lydia the Ghoul.]

Rhyvurg
2014-09-12, 04:33 PM
"Oh dear. NEW PLAN! KILL THE **** OUT OF IT!" Roan takes a 5' step to the side of the door and fires at the Ghoul Boss with his crossbow.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

bekeleven
2014-09-12, 04:36 PM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Assuming that the sounds in the basement count as "battle" Iver hears them.

Iver walks 5 feet into the corridor, bow out, and prepares to fire any anything undead he sees.

He'll continue to inch into the corridor if the sounds don't stop.

Yas392
2014-09-12, 05:12 PM
Panini was not the one to comment because this is not the mindset of a child, more of a killer who is extremely focused. As she hid behind the huge man, she quietly refreshed her shadowy and killer techniques. As of now, she is still hiding like a tiger waiting to spring.

Refreshed maneuvers (past - which as we move to boss ghoul's room)
Readied an action to use Sapphire Nightmare Blade if boss ghoul moves to attack Sir Shiny's side.

Alihandros
2014-09-12, 08:59 PM
Thud hold until big man move out of his way, unless he can get through and get a whack at the creepy leathery nun, in which case Thud will aim for a Thud.

Crit Confirmation:[roll1]
Crit Damage:[roll3]
D!%#&, if only undead could be crit......

Ellowryn
2014-09-12, 11:15 PM
Seeing as there is the one remaining cowardly ghoul alive, and not wishing to allow it to flank, Masher sets its eye's on finishing the job it had started in the other room.

Re-Initiating Extermination Protocols!

And it it steps up to the ghoul and and swings its mighty greatsword at it.

Combat Starts, Granted Maneuvers: Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike
Move 30ft to lesser ghoul (with everyone else moving, and the fact that allies don't block normal movement, i have just enough movement to get to it)
Attack, Crusader Strike [roll0]
Critical Confirmation [roll1]
Damage [roll2] x2 if Crit Confirm
Damage healed to Thud if attack is successful [roll3]
Maneuver Granted: Foehammer

Marlowe
2014-09-12, 11:46 PM
Why HAVE so many of us been rolling for crit confirmation and the like when we all know you can't crit undead?

Sigrun has been puzzling over the layout of the place. An entrance room, two bedrooms athwart it with no other apparent connection to the rest of the structure, and a narrow corridor with no side-door leading to a staircase down? Bizarre. We have missed something important. And then the shouting and the swordplay starts up front. But it may have to wait.

The pendulous, wobbling mass of Sir Shiny blocks her from getting a clean charge on anything, but as Masher shoulders past her to attack the remaining reghouler, she decides he's got the right idea."Small Lady, Mr Reynardt. Watch our backs."

She moves to assist Masher, hopefully clearing the flanks for a full onslaught on the Head Ghoul.

Attack: Crusaders Strike[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
No Punishing stance this round.
If it hits, Thud is healed for [roll2]

To clarify, that's on remaining regular ghoul, not on Lydia.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-13, 03:20 PM
The last ghoul dodges mashers swing but not Sigruns.

Lydia made a face of rage as she saw her minion fall. But not for long as Thuds weapon slammed into her chest making her slide two feet back against the wall.

[Lydias turn]

Lydia smiles as the dent in her chest begins to heal but not all the way. lookin at Thud she leaps at him with surprising speed as her teeth snap at him.

[B][roll0]
[roll1]

drack
2014-09-13, 03:40 PM
Sir. Shiny boldly advances on the undead, a club and heavy wooden shield slipping into place as if out of nowhere. with the same lightening-quick speed with which he nearly maimed an ally earlier, he brings the club heavily down towards the ghoul.

Ellowryn
2014-09-13, 03:49 PM
Seeing the Shiny Loud Guy moving in, Masher also moves to the other side to both try and trap the ghoul(?) and provide flanking for the rest of it's allies. Once in place, it will once again channel its divine energy before making a mighty swing.

Initiate Crusader Strike Maneuver
Attack [roll0]
No attempt for crit rolls cause SOME people don't like them
Damage [roll1]
Healing if attack is successful on Thud [roll2]
Maneuver Granted: Crusader Strike

Rhyvurg
2014-09-13, 03:57 PM
Roan draws his sword and closes with the ghoul, trying to surround it.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

Alihandros
2014-09-13, 04:01 PM
"Hehe, that tickle smelly ladything, time for more Thud."

Not knowing where people are, Thud will help out with the flanking if possible or not, either way more Thud...

Yas392
2014-09-13, 05:06 PM
Seeing no attempt at Sir Shiny, she darts forth to flank the head ghoul. Danger. High. Threat. Threat. Threat. Seeing the others surrounding Lydia, she closes the gap. In the ghoul's way, her cleaver is one of the weapons that is striking her at all sides before leaping back for the warforged to crush it.

Attack - [roll0] (because of Sigrun)
Damage - [roll1]
Sapphire Nightmare Blade vs AC for flatfooted - [roll2]
Tumble to avoid AoO - [roll3]
Swift action to Sudden Leap - [roll4]
Extra Damage - [roll5]

Marlowe
2014-09-13, 09:30 PM
Stepping over the Late Remis, Sigrun attempts to move into a flanking position on Lydia, her longsword flashing in a slender, floral-hilted girly thrust.

Rolls
Engaging Punishing Stance (swift action)
Sapphire Nightmare Blade Concentration check:[roll0]-If beats Lydia she's flat-footed vis-a-vis Sigrun, +1d6 damage, otherwise -2 to hit.
Attack: (presuming flank) [roll1]-2 for failed con check
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3](stance)+[roll4](strike, maybe)

bekeleven
2014-09-14, 03:54 AM
All right, enough of this.

Iver drops his bow. Running into the room, he draws his halberd and attacks over Panini's head.

Apply a -2 or -4 to these rolls if Panini provides soft cover.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Alberic Strein
2014-09-14, 11:39 AM
Reynardt already has conflicted feelings about the ghoul that is Lydia, so he rather happily takes the chance to not join his teammates in dogpiling her and keeps a lookout for any reinforcements the ghoul might have.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-15, 10:57 AM
Lydia getting bashed and sliced back and forth but not going down lashes out with her arms at Shiny and Thud.

{Claw attack}

For Thud
[roll0]
[roll1]

For Shiny
[roll2]
[roll3]

drack
2014-09-15, 02:43 PM
Sir Shiny casually deflects the ghoul's arm with his shield before swinging his club down once more.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Yas392
2014-09-15, 05:00 PM
Panini relent by throwing her cutie marks dripping with some sort of pinkish liquid (teeny-weeny daggers), formally aiming for the nun's complexion, her previous weapon in life used for the art of seduction.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

bekeleven
2014-09-15, 05:09 PM
From behind, Iver aims for the face.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rhyvurg
2014-09-15, 07:04 PM
From his flanking position, Roan stabs at the ghoul again. Why won't this thing go down!?

[roll0] Attack+flank bonus
[roll1] Damage

Ellowryn
2014-09-15, 07:13 PM
Not missing a beat, Masher swings again.

Initiating Crusader Strike
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Healing on Me if hit is successful [roll2]
All Maneuvers Granted, reshuffling and Granting: Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike

Alihandros
2014-09-15, 07:47 PM
Thud laughs as the nuns claws scrape off his chain kilt.

Marlowe
2014-09-15, 09:39 PM
Sigrun finds her world narrowing into a little red tunnel of blood and coiling steel, the strangely warped (and unstrangely bloodied) shape of the Ghoul at the end of it. I seem to be enjoying this procedure. How unladylike. Her sword carves a red hook in the air as she moves in for another bout.

Attack (includes flank):[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2](Stance)
Maneuvers refreshed.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-16, 10:28 AM
Lydi only getting hit by Thud and masher looks to be on her last legs. Lydia bites at Thud him being the biggest threat.

(Bite attack.)
[roll0]
[roll1]

drack
2014-09-16, 11:53 AM
Sir. Shiny once more advances on the ghoul, swinging his club in front of it's face once more with fierce might.

[roll]1d20+4[roll] for [roll0] damage

bekeleven
2014-09-16, 12:12 PM
Iver makes with the stab stab.

[roll0] (yeah I'm adding the flanking bonus, I think I'd manage it given my diagram.)
[roll1]

Edit: Iver is actively remembering why he's an archer.

Marlowe
2014-09-16, 10:34 PM
Sigrun as the Head Ghoul shudders under the brutal strokes of the Orc and the Warforged, Sigrun lashes out for a more elegant sally. 'slike fighting a jelly. She thinks obscurely. It can not fight to save itself, but it will not fall.

Sapphire Nightmare Blade:
If Con Check beats target AC, Target is Flat-footed vs Sigrun, and takes +1d6 Damage on a successful hit, else attack is on -2.
Concentration Check [roll0]-Not enough
Attack (due to lack of word on tactical positions, will continue to count flank)[roll1]-make that 22 for failed con check
Damage:[roll2]+[roll3](stance]+[roll4](strike)

Net attack 22(with flank) or 20 without for damage 7.

Alberic Strein
2014-09-16, 11:34 PM
Reynardt keeps a strong watch on the rear.

The fight was going in their favour, but if an enemy came to break the encirclement...

He readied himself to counter-charge any enemy that would show itself.

Yas392
2014-09-18, 03:53 PM
Panini set herself in the position behind the flanking party beside Reynardt, watching their backs incase the nun ghoul succeed in escaping her fleshy confinement or if they are being attacked from behind.

Move beside Reynardt
Readied Mighty Throw

Alihandros
2014-09-18, 04:12 PM
Thud shrugs as the Nun tries to bite him, seems she needs another good THUD....

Attack:
Damage:1d10+9
Crit Damage:[roll2]

Rhyvurg
2014-09-18, 08:48 PM
"Just die already, you already know how this ends!"

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

Marlowe
2014-09-19, 05:05 AM
Somewhere amid the rush of sensation brought on by the splatter of ghouliefluids, the bizarre screeching of the enemy, the insistent pounding tattoo of Thud's greatclub--Lydia the tattooed lady. Tee hee.-- Sigrun finds the focus to notice that Roans toadsticker is finally showing a touch of claret.

"Ah, broken your duck, Buffy? Bravo!" she says pleasantly.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-19, 10:36 AM
Lydia taking less hits now but still very wounded lashes out with more effort then before attacks Thud and Sigrun.

[Claw attacks]

For Thud
[roll0]
[roll1]

For Sigrun
[roll2]
[roll3]

drack
2014-09-19, 12:02 PM
Sir Shiny stands his ground in the face of the horrid evil before him, gathering all his might and steely resolve he swings once more with his club, knowing that in time the foul beast would relent before the pure righteousness of his heart!

bekeleven
2014-09-19, 02:37 PM
Iver gives on last heave with his glaive.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Once I get a composite bow I'll be dealing less crappy ranged damage...

Alihandros
2014-09-19, 03:30 PM
Thud looks on amazed that the Nun-thing has managed to hurt him.

Fort Save:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Crit Confirmation:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
Crit Damage:[roll4]

Marlowe
2014-09-19, 08:40 PM
Sigrun tuts as a claw flails vaguely in her general direction. "Good Lady of the Muse; are you still trying to win? This has gone on too long and you are just embarrassing yourself."

Attack[roll0]
Damage [roll1]+[roll2](stance)

Ellowryn
2014-09-22, 07:04 PM
Seeing as the undead abomination has yet to fall, Masher feels that it is becoming bored or irritated, not sure which. So Masher continues to mash.

Initiating Crusader Strike
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If attack is successful, healing on Thud [roll2]
Maneuver Granted: Foe Hammer

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-24, 10:41 AM
As masher swing hits Lydia on the side she collaspes. She tries to stand up but just falls down again unmoving.

435XP for everyone
Bonuses
Boss Slayer 100 xp for masher
MVP 50xp Sigrun and Thud

Jonas walks in writing down more information into his notebook and says "Good job on your first mission anything you want to do here before we go back?"

Alberic Strein
2014-09-24, 11:26 AM
The one eyed man relaxes his guard, glancing at the horribly mutilated figure next to his teammates.

Something I want to do? Something I want to do? Of course there is!

"Is there sanctified ground nearby? I want to give these people a proper burial. We should also check for wounds before infection becomes an issue, but this can be done after we left. Also..."

He shoots a last glance at the desecrated figure nearby, mixed and twisted emotions swelling up inside him. His thumb meddling with his wife's ring.

"I am going to need to have a word with Remis."

Ellowryn
2014-09-24, 02:50 PM
As our mission parameters stated that our commission was what we recovered from this building, a detailed search of the premises for any and all objects of value is in immediate need of completion. As it finishes hovering over Jonas as it speaks Masher quickly turns and begins searching the ruins, starting with this room.

Taking twenty (for a total of 20), cause i have all day to do this, starting with the ghouls we just killed, then this room, then the other rooms.

Any help from those that actually have ranks in search and possibly a search skill modifier would greatly speed this up for people who need other unimportant things like food, drink, and medical attention.

drack
2014-09-24, 03:03 PM
Sir Shiny joins in recruiting his squires to search as well. Taking 20 for a total of 19 on aid another since we really do have all day. I forget if aid another caps, but bringing the mules back to get those two squires that's +12 for a present total of 32 :smallwink:

I believe up to 2 more may aid another. :smallconfused:

Alihandros
2014-09-24, 04:01 PM
"Thud like money....need more..."

Thud will take 20 as well for 22

OR

Aid Another:[roll0]
(Yes you need to roll it, it doesn't automatically happen (DC 10) :smalltongue:)

drack
2014-09-24, 05:11 PM
Yes, but if he's spending all day (taking 20 in every room) may as well roll until I hit all 10s right? :smalltongue:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

[roll30]
[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]

[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]
[roll39]
[roll40]
[roll41]

[roll42]
[roll43]
[roll44]
[roll45]
[roll46]
[roll47]

[roll48]
[roll49]
[roll50]
[roll51]
[roll52]
[roll53]

[roll54]
[roll55]
[roll56]
[roll57]
[roll58]
[roll59]

ect. :smallwink:

Marlowe
2014-09-24, 06:29 PM
Sigrun wipes the blood off her blade and gives the guild representative a long, hard look. He can't be unaware of the disconnect between what we were told and what we have found.

We need to ask him questions. In private, urgent kind of questions. But maybe not now.

For now, he seems to want to have us out of here. That means we stay a while.

And what she says is; "Stay in groups and do not let your guard down. I do not believe that we are done here." She flicks a glance at the whitehaired older man. "I am with Sir Reynardt. Disposing of the remains should certainly be a priority, for public safety if not for the dignity of the afflicted. And also-"

Damn it to crosshatching. They are not going to like this.

"And also some of these wretches appear to be farmers. We need to do a sweep of the local area. See if any of the nearby homesteads are suffering a like infestation; or if any residents are showing any sign of infection."

I'm presuming Iver's had a little time to brief us what he knows of Ghouls, or least will very soon.

Alihandros
2014-09-24, 07:00 PM
"Hmmmmm, Thud do like beef, but Thud like shinies more, so shinies first, then beef sound plan?"

Marlowe
2014-09-24, 07:37 PM
Sigrun blinks at the mental picture of Thud trying to wield a cow. But nods. "Of course. The inverse would be, speaking geographically, shamefully inefficient".

The management would quickly like to clarify that in no sense was this Inverse:
http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/Slayers/lina/slayers_lina232.jpg?=123
accused of being inefficient. Especially not with regard to Shinies and Beef. Please don't kill us.

Yas392
2014-09-25, 01:20 AM
Panini shakes out of her trance, wincing. Ow! Did I miss anything?

Alberic Strein
2014-09-25, 03:57 AM
Rey nods at Sigrun's proposition.

"I am going to look at the state of the cemetary, if it's been soiled then we are going to need a cart to transport them, could you also look for that, please? Also, as Sigrun suggested, we should check the neighbouring villages, who's with me?"

He glances at Panini and forces a smile on his lips.

"You missed nothing that deserves retelling, don't worry about that."

Marlowe
2014-09-25, 05:17 AM
"Indeed, what have we missed?" muses Sigrun. "A walker's words from beyond the black horizon, a view from behind the veil of death. Ashen secrets, and dusky mysteries, now soaked out in blood, all gone". She unships her hammer. "Oh well-"

WHACK!!*spatter*

"-she can send me a postcard. Small Lady, best stick with Mr Reynard and myself. Let us sweep this place clean." She flicks away some *spatter* next to her mouth. "And get some of the candles lit while we are about it."

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-25, 10:56 AM
(BOSS ROOM LOOT)
Holy symbol 50gps
100gps
A journal with Remis name on it.
2 bottles of ink
blanket
cot.

(Other rooms)
8cots
7 Holy symbols
8 blankets
80gps
14sps
1pp
38copper pieces.
8 silver candle stick holders 5gp each

Alberic Strein
2014-09-25, 03:00 PM
"I am interested in Remis' Diary."

Reynardt noted, not bothering with reminding the rest of the group that the loot was to be divided evenly.

He shot a glance at Sigrun.

"Sig, help me move the bodies to the cemetary. Your clothes can't get any worse anyway."

He had no issues asking such a physically demanding and grim job to Sigrun, unlike what his previous behaviour seemed to imply, he didn't particularly care about his companions. He just had... Impulses that were a bit difficult to control.

His gaze wandered on the soiled clothes. Blood, bone, brains, even a bit of skin here and there. But well...

"I've seen worse, I can probably clean them up like nothing happened. With time and a stream, of course. Probably on the way back. You're not going anywhere civilized looking like that."

While saying that, he got close to the headless body of Lydia. If he was to grant them rest, he might as well start with that one. He wondered how he would move her... It.

He finally took her by the wrists, leaving a long trail of blood behind him. To move the body like a bag of wheat seemed a bit too harsh, and he refused to carry her like a bride. He had already done it for his wife, he wasn't doing it again. And she was Remis' princess, not his. He felt no attachment to the broken figure.

He dropped the cadaver in the tomb then, before filling the hole up, said a few words.

"May whatever benevolent power that cares watch over what there is left to care about."

Reynardt wasn't the most inspired poet.

Then he grabbed a trusty shovel and started digging tombs. Mass tombs, he didn't have all day.

Yet, the child had his own tomb and a few words from the one eyed man. The same Lydia had.

Yas392
2014-09-25, 03:42 PM
Diary? Ohh, that Remis what's his name is a secret admirer. How romantic. Tee-hee. And why do you keep whacking the bodies, Siggy? Panini is plain undisturbed by the piles of dead body that are being carried to the graves that the bachelor is making. Nah, Sig is too girly. Lemme help! <3 She runs around, dragging one body like a rag doll to where Reynardt is digging.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-25, 04:15 PM
Roan helps bury the bodies. "Now all we need is an explanation for how exactly this happened."

drack
2014-09-25, 04:37 PM
Sir Shiny collects his loot and has his squires do the petty servant work for him.

Alihandros
2014-09-25, 04:50 PM
"Thud have no need for words, book is useless."

Thud watches the Shinies all of them.....and wonders about those burying the dead, orcs prefer to burn their dead or at least his tribe did.

After watching for awhile his mind wonders to the Cow that the frilly covered one was talking about, he liked a good roasted beast, set his stomach rumbling and his mouth watering. Wondering when are they going to go find this delicious beast, and when can he start roasting one.

Marlowe
2014-09-25, 11:58 PM
Sigrun, as fitting her words, puts some time into lighting the candles on the walls that she can put away the lantern and give everyone enough light to see by, then bends to the task of hauling the bodies outside.

"Now then, Small Lady, Corpse Disposal is a perfectly fitting task for the educated Young Lady of the World. At school, we would have had to cut all these into pieces not exceeding eight inches of any dimension and wrap them neatly in brown paper, just to prevent any untoward shenanigans by those ready-for-aughts in Bluecher House", she says primly. "Although I must admit I could use a Prestidigitation. Do you propose we bury these wretches, Mr Reynard? Because it does seem to me that a pyre would be both more efficient and more final."

Alberic Strein
2014-09-26, 02:31 AM
Reynardt, plowing the earth, has long took off his top, and is sweating abundantly under the effort.

"A pyre has a number of advantages indeed, but it also has a number of disadvantages. First of all, it demands a lot of burning wood. We would need to cut a few trees to have one of a decent size, which will require a lot of time. Secondly, there is the smoke. I am not sure I want to send such a huge smoke signal to whatever is nearby. Thirdly, and this is the selling point for me, the smell. Burning flesh, burning humans. Burning cadavers which have already begun to rot... They stink. They stink horribly. The scent would linger in this place for years, and would cling to us relentlessly. Not only is it displeasant, but it would become a serious hindrance to our contacts with civilized parts of the world, including the mercenary company for which we are going to work."

Diligently, the man shovels. Thump. Thump.

"In the end, since both have pros and cons, we might as well go with what those people had in mind. In a sense, respecting the way they wanted their bodies to go is the way to pay our final respects. Anyway, it won't be long now."

Marlowe
2014-09-26, 05:45 AM
Sigrun blows out her breath. "As long as you do not mind the possibility of them crawling up out of the ground later.". She adds an inoperative Ghoul to the heap next to the Reynard's hole. "Maybe we should separate head from body--complicate any reanimation procedures." She muses over the mental picture of the undead blundering about looking for their heads, then rejects it as a cheap joke. "I do not see anyone with an axe anyway--Small Lady, careful how you drag them, bits keep coming off."

Alberic Strein
2014-09-26, 06:56 AM
The one eyed man was about to answer with "not my problem", but it was too cold so he abstained. Still, he raised a question.
"But wouldn't smashing their heads like you did prevent them from being brought back? Hrrrmm... oh, and hallowed ground is supposed to make bringing them back harder, no? Does it really work or is it just a rumour? Oh, and with our lack of materials, could we really make a pyre powerful enough to destroy even the bones? If so, couldn't they still be brought back as squeletons?"
He leaned on his shovel, wondering. He didn't know a lot about undead and their specificities, basically, smash their heads and if they try to claw you, avoid the claws.
Then he returned to his shoveling.
"Hmmmm... Great, I think it was the last one."
He stretched and put his clothes back on. Well, that was done. Now, for the next move...

drack
2014-09-26, 07:06 AM
Sir Shiny valiantly kicks in the chest cavities and skulls, severing the heads and limbs, even the forelimbs with a shovel. "That right?"

Ellowryn
2014-09-26, 08:39 AM
Masher stands watching in detached fashion as its fellow party members desecrate and otherwise dismember the bodies of the fallen before dumping them into the ground. If it didn't work the first time, why would they think it would work this time? Either way, it was time to go to see if they passed the initiation process.

If you are finished can we proceed back to the guild hall? Our commission has be acquired, shacking its pack full of coin, and the situation has been dealt with. Moving over to stand over Jonas, Mahser stares down at him again, Shall we be on our way?

Alihandros
2014-09-26, 08:56 AM
"Thud want roast beast." He announces from his position under a tree since everyone moved all the bodies outside after looting the place.

He wondered why, the man who "supposedly" gave them this missions name was spoken familiarly by the jiggling dead female.

drack
2014-09-26, 11:38 AM
Having buried the bodies, Sir Shiny joins in the planning of how best to sweep the surrounding countryside to be sure there aren't more ghouls nearby.

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-26, 11:47 AM
(First is the Journal)

Lydia and I finally agreed to get married, tonight when Lydia comes back from her trip we will annouce it to the world. I can not wait. I am going to her.

Lydia why oh why Lydia. That monster that attacked you, the wound wasnt that serious you should not have died. Please God bring her back to me, I cannot live without her. I am begging you as I begged all day, please bring her back to me. The priests continues to tell me that she is dead. That I have to move on. But I keep telling them 'She is only asleep.' I cannot give her up. I will not give her up!

She is back! Thank you God! Thank you for bringing her back to me. I knew you would not abandon me. But why is she so hungry? As soon as her eyes where open she bite into my arm. Saying she was hungry, so very very hungry. Is it that exhausting journing between the land of the living and the dead? No matter. But why do the other priests keep on telling me that she is an abomination? Can they not see the miracle thats happened right before their own eyes? Or are they blind to that? Have they lost their faith? Lydia is hungry again. Maybe she just has to regain her strength is all.

This morning Lydia attacked and killed a priest. The other priests would have killed her then, but I did not let them, I could not have. It was not her fault, she is just trying to remember who she is. She is looking better today. Better then she did all week. Maybe it was because of the priest? Did she eat any of him? I will ask her tonight.

I feed Lydia the rest of the priest today, afterwards she told me that she loves me again, I am so pleased. She is returning to me. My precious Lydia. I need to get her more food so she can return to me completely. The stable boy would go unnoticed for a few days No one would have to know.

Those priests still think that Lydia is still a monster. They are just jealous, they do not know what our love is. I will show them! I will show them all! Tonight. Anyway Lydia is running out of food. She will be so pleased with me tonight.

It has been a few weeks now. Some of the priests are becoming like my precious Lydia. Is this what God wants me to do? Regardless, I must go to the nearby farms because they are not many priests left. I better hurry Lydia is always hungry, so very very hungry.

Lydia is happy now. There are ten more just like her now, and she says that they would be more in a few days. She also says that we will need more food, maybe I can convience some mercenaries to come up here?

drack
2014-09-26, 12:09 PM
Sir Shiny, scratching his chin announces "This goad character sounds suspicious. She, or he, is probably behind this whole incident."

Alberic Strein
2014-09-26, 12:11 PM
Reynardt, his grim task over, acted on his precedent impulse and read the diary. His fists clenched, his teeth grit, his brow furrowed, as emotions rose within him. Did he hate Remis? Was it as simple as that? Would plunging his hand into his chest ease him? Would caving in his ribcage, crushing his skull and ripping out his heart make him feel better? Maybe. Probably. He should try that. He closed the diary and handed it over to whomever wanted it.
"Good and bad news. First, Remis didn't move Lydia, so the ghouls we saw here are probably all of which Lydia infected, so there are good odds that her curse didn't spread too much and we ended it here. The bad news are, there are no records of the death of the original creature which infected her, so it may still be lurking somewhere. And, if we are unlucky, some of Lydia's ghouls got away, which would be a worst case scenario. Also... This is to be taken with a pinch of salt, but according to Remis' diary -which, I repeat, we should not blindly trust- what killed Lydia was the infection rather than the rather benign wound inflicted by the nondescript monster. And Lydia at least had the aptitude of infecting others. Meaning everybody who got wounded is probably in peril. So unless anyone has more knowledge on the creature, cleaning the wounds and looking for any sign of infection should be our main focus. I have a way with wounds, some basic supplies which could be used to clean and sew wounds, and a big pot to heat water, so if we can establish our camp near a stream, I should be able to reduce the risks of infection. Oh, and cook us dinner by the way."
He glanced at
SIR SHINY GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER
"I am sorry, but with your horse could you take a few people and organize the survey of the surroundings? I am worried about the villages and us getting ambushed by more of those."
He scratched his chin, walking towards the bag he had left before the beginning of the encounter.

Marlowe
2014-09-26, 12:22 PM
Sigrun, with Reynardt's permission, takes a look through the volume herself. "Such a Florid Journalist." She says. "Most men who's diaries I've looked through are full of remarks like. "Dave is an ass. I hope he gets hit by an onion." and "Nice teats on Miss Tetrahedrine." Well". She briefly fans her face--flushed slightly from labour--with the document, then hands it back.

"I was going to suggest that we see how much the smellsmock is prepared to offer us to keep his, ah, morbid infatuation private. But he seems entirely too far gone. What we should consider is who precisely is prepared to reward us for this information and service." She turns back toward to the building. "I wonder if there is anyone, any noble or person of quality, interested in this land. Now that it's sanctified status must be counted as severely compromised."

LegendaryKnight
2014-09-30, 10:45 AM
Jonas looks at masher and says "We will see your mission is not over until you report it back to the guild."

drack
2014-09-30, 05:15 PM
Sir shiny, meanwhile, circles through the surrounding area on his horse alongside anyone he could find who could keep up.

Rhyvurg
2014-09-30, 08:58 PM
Roan shrugs. "We did what we came to do. If we start worrying about the first ghoul, then we'd have to worry about whatever created it. Then whatever created that. It would never end. We're not monster hunters, we're mercenaries. Job's over, that's all there is to it."

Alihandros
2014-09-30, 09:47 PM
Thud will run with Shiney, it keeps his attention, and exercise is always good post Thud-ing.

Ellowryn
2014-09-30, 10:13 PM
Masher stands perfectly still while all this talking and whining and complaining going on, staring on in a sort of distant half-fascination. The paper known as a 'journal' had stirred up commotion among the others but to Masher it had only raised the question of when this 'initiation' would finally be over. It had the loot in its pack, so at least that wasn't going to be running all over the countryside to be lost. Masher did its best to imitate the behavior known as 'sighing' as it seemed appropriate to this situation, the fleshy ones will get tired and bored soon and they will be on their way and soon there will be time for repairs and another mission, something it looked forward to.

LegendaryKnight
2014-10-01, 07:53 PM
Jonas shrugs as he says follow me leading you to a nearby clearing surrounded by trees providing dense cover making it hard to look through. Close to the entrance you walked through is a fast steam only 2 feet wide.

(what do you do?)

Marlowe
2014-10-01, 08:07 PM
Sigrun is unconvinced that Thud and Shiny will make the most reassuring of emissaries. However, given her current state of visceral maculateness, she's likely to be only a welcome sight to fetishists. And the rest of her fellow mercenaries don't strike her as the most social of people either.

Fine. Let's wait until we see the loot before we put in the boot; as the skelliwags in Ziethen House used to say.

Still, for a fellow who seems keen to get back to town, Mr Jonas seems to be leading us in a strange direction.

"A pleasant spot indeed, Mr Jonas." is what she says. "Still, it seems conductive neither to sweeping the area nor getting us back to the guild. Is this a roundabout way of suggesting we need a wash?" Her eyebrow arches, and she's suddenly wary.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Alberic Strein
2014-10-01, 11:42 PM
Reynardt wastes no time in his enterprise.

First he takes out his trusty shovel and creates two rather shallow holes, one rather large and the second much smaller which he reinforces with a few stones, then using the dead wood he gathered on the way he makes a decently sized bonfire at the bottom of the hole. The second, reflecting the size of its hole is way smaller.

He fills his big pot with water before putting it over the bigger fire.

He then proceeds to set up camp removing and storing stones, taking out his tent and a few bedrolls and organizing them.

Once the water is decently hot, but not boiling hot, he takes out a kettle from his backpack as well as a clean set of clothes, his spare uniform for big occasions, and hands over both to Sigrun.

"Sig, take this and go wash yourself, once the food is done I'll treat your uniform to the best of my ability but for the time being please make do with my clothes, they are of a masculine cut, but since out body types are not that different, they should suit you decently for the time being. Oh, I almost forgot!"

He rummages his backpack a bit before taking out a small mirror and a bundle of leaves.

"Those should help with the smell. And do check your body thoroughly for wounds since even a scratch might be lethal. A partner would be better than this however."

His gaze hints briefly at Panini.

That being done, he pours some boiling hot water into a second kettle which he puts over the small bonfire.

Not missing a beat he pulls out some ingredients, dissolving herbs in the boiling pot, chopping vegetables and slicing an admittedly small portion of meat before adding it to the stew.

He then puts a cloth in the boiling water of the small kettle, briefly wets a needle and thread in the boiling water and then announces that he is ready to treat wounds.

Once he is done and until the stew finishes cooking and their scouts return, he uses the small kettle herbs and a lot of effort to clean the soiled uniform, if Sigrun let it with him.

Dressing up camp, cleaning clothes, making food, etc [House Husbandry] [roll0] (forgot to factor in my tools, end result is 26, food is gonna be good!)

Cleaning wounds 1d20+7, take 10 = 17. forgot to factor my tools again, end result is 19 if I didn't screw up somewhere.

Marlowe
2014-10-02, 05:00 AM
Sigrun gives Reynardt that look where the mouth stays perfectly firm, but one eyelid jerks up and down like she's resisting the urge to stick something hard and metallic through somebody else's soft and squishies. "I assure you, Mr Reynardt" She thrusts out her chest, a particular stance her figure isn't suited for. "I could be stripped to my underthings, harness, and boots, and I'd still be better dressed than most here. Come, Small Lady" She nods to Panini. "It seems we are being sent to the little girls room, lest the sight of our svelte undress shock the particular. I hardly see the necessity" She exits, still muttering. "If you don't want females getting soaked in the blood of the foe, maybe the males could do a better job of fighting..."

LegendaryKnight
2014-10-02, 10:12 AM
Sigrun is unconvinced that Thud and Shiny will make the most reassuring of emissaries. However, given her current state of visceral maculateness, she's likely to be only a welcome sight to fetishists. And the rest of her fellow mercenaries don't strike her as the most social of people either.

Fine. Let's wait until we see the loot before we put in the boot; as the skelliwags in Ziethen House used to say.

Still, for a fellow who seems keen to get back to town, Mr Jonas seems to be leading us in a strange direction.

"A pleasant spot indeed, Mr Jonas." is what she says. "Still, it seems conductive neither to sweeping the area nor getting us back to the guild. Is this a roundabout way of suggesting we need a wash?" Her eyebrow arches, and she's suddenly wary.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Jonas turning to look at sigrun says "I normally go out for scouting missions and Griel wants me to inform him of any good resting points were we will be safe from other eyes. This was one of the places I discovered and its not very much out of our way after all. As for the washing thats just a nice way to say would you like to return to the guild covered in blood and guts or clean and look professional. Dont worry this tip is on me. Also it will be a nice way to see some of your other skills besides combat " He waves his hand at Reynardt.

Alberic Strein
2014-10-02, 10:21 AM
To say that Reynardt could not understand the issue even in his wildest dreams was an almost criminal understatement. He completely freezes for an instant, his brain completely unable to process the information. "Wait what?" his thoughts go, the one eyed man blanking out completely. Sigrun's claim to be better dressed than most here even without clothes?
He agrees.
But standing around in underwear inside a forest is going to be unpleasant, no? No? Reynardt knows he would want to avoid that, which is why he bothered taking a spare set of clothes in the first place.
Likewise, inspecting every nook and cranny of your body to look for scratches is something embarassing to do in public, no matter one's sex, no?

It takes some time for Reynardt to come to his sense and, as Sigrun is walking away but still in reach of his voice he finally mutters an answer.

"I-I'm sorry? I didn't mean to offend you. If you want to do it here, please do. We are going to be in the same mercenary unit after all. I thought that since we could spare that luxury for now we might as well, but if it disturbs you, please put yourself at ease the way that pleases you the most."

His usual groveling voice sounds out of place in his speech, which is suddenly uncertain, broken, with intonations at the wrong places in the sentence.

Then, at last, as though suddenly understanding something, he adds with all the innocence in the world:

"Ah! Don't worry! Your health excepted, I couldn't care less about your body!"

Reynardt, the man who couldn't understand a single human being, not even himself, to save his life. Which might actually be the situation here, looking at Sigrun's reaction.

Listen check to hear (or not) Sigrun's muttering at the end:[roll0]

Marlowe
2014-10-02, 12:56 PM
Sigrun, still grumbling, finds a spot upstream to start soaking and soaping her black-and-whites. She doesn't especially care if anyone's watching, but if anyone is then yes, her mail shirt, underwear, and boots still leave her looking more well-covered than a lot of female adventurers. Some might wonder why she bothers with a corset when she has the figure of a predatory stick-insect.

"Damned cheek. Presumption. Like I haven't been covered in blood before. I'm an educated young lady! Should have seen the aftermath of a Ziethen House party. Man doesn't even have the sense to wear leathers mumble...mumble."

The real irony of the whole situation is that Sigrun hasn't even been scratched.

Ellowryn
2014-10-02, 05:49 PM
Seeing as they seem ready to accomplish nothing else for today and there is all of this talk about there being a problem with being covered in another's creatures bodily fluids, Masher heads off downstream. Once it finds a spot that comes up to at least its waist it will walk in and lay down in the water for a few minutes before getting up and walking out to dry off. Masher will repeat this until it at least appears that all the entrails are gone before returning to the camp.

Alihandros
2014-10-02, 05:54 PM
While the two fancy talkers are talking fancy, Thud will go hunt for some meat for whatever it is that is being cooked. And maybe go run through the water, though he likes the look of blood on him, the fancy talking ones seem to dislike the appearance.

Survival:[roll0]

drack
2014-10-02, 06:27 PM
Sir Shiny, returning from his foray with friend Thud, goes to a separate part of the riverbed, stripping down to his knee-length chain shirt and keeping his shield and a branch close as he frolics in the waters, getting himself nice and clean. While soap tended to help, the truth was, with a whole river's worth of water it wasn't necessary to get just as clean. All the same he had no gore on him, only a bit of sweat which easily soaked off in the chill waters. He did take the time to clean the gore off his shield and club however before retrieving his gear and returning to camp for a hot meal after the cold swim.

Alberic Strein
2014-10-02, 08:53 PM
Rey uses the time it takes for everything to get cooked to wash himself, taking great caution to do it as far as Sigrun as he can.

Bent over, his gaze wanders down towards the bed of the stream... And lands itself upon Masher.

"..."

He doesn't raise an eyebrow at the surprise encounter, finishes washing himself, then leaves.

Once back at the camp he takes care of his own suit then, when Thud brings some game back, he drops a flat stone over the smaller fire, drops some boiling hot water on it, and then lets the new meat grill on it.

He strikes his kettle a couple of times.

"The food is ready everyone!"

LegendaryKnight
2014-10-03, 01:07 PM
Thud finds and I think he will kill the three rabbits he finds if I am not mistaken.:smallconfused:

Jonas leans against a tree away from the entrance to the clearing.

Alihandros
2014-10-03, 02:30 PM
Thud is a good Hunter see. Not roast beast but it do for now.

drack
2014-10-03, 03:07 PM
Returning from the stream fully clothed, Sir Shiny glistens his way over to the food, helping himself to some of Thud's rabbit.

Marlowe
2014-10-03, 07:12 PM
Sigrun has no especial desire to put on wet clothes, but she doesn't want to be burdened with a load of laundry either; so after winging her shirt and pants out as firmly as she can, and given her jacket a scrub to remove the worst of the gore, she'll dress and rejoin the party. Albeit now looking even more maritime than usual.

The empty woods, and the memory of the afternoon's fight, and still more the odd blase behaviour of Jonas weigh on her mind, and she keeps her eyes and ears open.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Yas392
2014-10-03, 09:04 PM
The first thing she does is stripping her clothing, changing into a swim suit. She does it so quick that it appears that she is already in her swim suit in a blink of an eye and folding her normal attire into her bag pack. Then, she swims from where the company crossed to where Shiny s going to bath and back, unseen. When she is back at her starting point she plays with water, laughing and giggling until one-eye calls out. FOOD?! WHERE?! She has this hungry look in her eyes, twisting her head in all direction until she catch where the food is readied. FOOD!

Hide (Take 10) - 17