PDA

View Full Version : Trying to make some kind of mass entertainer with the Bard class, help?

Sigh
2014-09-02, 07:08 PM
Alright SO, my party has two sessions, one "serious" session that has characters we actually care about and one "randoms" session wherein anyone can be the DM and everyone agrees on changes in scenery.

I'm currently looking into the randoms session played in 3.5, because the bard I'm playing has, well, let's say he has a bit of a grudge against the dwarven king of this new city we've moved to and I figure the best way to "get back" at him would be to make my character a bit of a rock star in his own city. Now I've got enough levels in Entertain to support myself, but my party has established that we get one free cohort to do with as we please and I'm looking to build another dwarven bard so we can rock out together and get famous in this city.

The only trouble is I'm mostly only finding combat-related feats, prestige classes, and spells in all of these rulebooks and expansions (Virtuoso being a notable exception), and I'm finding almost nothing that can help me make a cohort that will help me rock out and win the crowds of this fine city. If it helps I believe my cohort will have to start out at level 5, since he won't be coming with me on any adventures I'm not sure how leveling him will work but I'll work on that with my group later.

Psyren
2014-09-02, 08:28 PM
Exemplar is the go-to "impress crowds" PrC. It will let you perform Diplomacy checks with your Performance - if you optimize the heck out of that, you can turn the entire dwarf kingdom into fanatics and overthrow his reign.

Sigh
2014-09-02, 08:41 PM
Argh, I'm looking at the builds for Exemplar right now and that DOES seem like a really good option, too bad that I'd need bloody 13 ranks in one thing before I can even think about taking that as a prestige class, and that's well beyond my theoretical character's abilities at only level 5. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm tucking this away for later.

Sigh
2014-09-02, 10:51 PM
Apologies for the double post but this is a bit unrelated to my last post so I figured editing was unnecessary.

In any case I've decided that (for now) this character will have to be pure Bard though I have also taken the liberty of drawing from the Song and Silence: A Guidebook to Bards and Rogues book for a feat or two, and I've also taken the liberty of creating a Half-dwarf for this particular build, modeled after other halfbreeds (at least with the ability points part, since she won't be adventuring I honestly don't care too too much about the rest of the stuff she'd get/not get)

Here's the sheet if anyone sees anything that's immediately glaringly wrong or whatever.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1004203