PDA

View Full Version : Naruto ninja class?

Sasori
2014-09-02, 10:44 PM
Hey guys me again today i was wondering what class or hyvbrid of classes would make a naruto ninja class(jutsu stuff like that) or reflavoring thanks

georgie_leech
2014-09-02, 10:47 PM
Considering techniques range from shadow possession to making clones to lightning bolts to controlling swarms of bugs to the absolute epitome of punching people really, really hard, you're going to need to be a little bit more specific about which bits you want to emulate.

Sasori
2014-09-03, 06:13 PM
Ethier a generic ninja, something like shino(insect user) or shadow jutsu(shikimaru)

DragonBaneDM
2014-09-03, 07:45 PM
Ethier a generic ninja, something like shino(insect user) or shadow jutsu(shikimaru)

So for a generic ninja the Monk class fits quite well, unless you're looking to use dagger and shuriken more than unarmed strikes, in which case I'd go Rogue.

For the Insect User you're in luck: the Swarm Druid from Primal Power is absolutely perfect for that. And then finally for Shadow Jutsu the Original Assassin from Dragon Magazine would work out, constantly teleporting between shadows and putting shadow-marks on enemies over the course of the fight, leading up to a powerful finisher-attack.

Sasori
2014-09-03, 08:40 PM
another one I want to maybe play as is something like zabuza with water style and using a giant sword along with still being a ninja

busterswd
2014-09-04, 12:30 AM
Stylewise, 4E relies a lot on the player refluffing existing mechanics, as opposed to providing strong themes. You're going to have a lot more luck if you can tell people what you want to be able to do in a fight.

Zabuzawise, there's no water keyword from what I can recall, although there's a lot of frost stuff. Water genasi swordmage would probably be not terrible in terms of flavor; it's got some teleport and waterform action built in. Swordmages are ostensibly defenders, though, so if you're looking to straight up murder people, you're going to have to optimize a bit, and even then, you won't be quite at good at murder as a straight up striker.

Epinephrine
2014-09-04, 08:55 AM

The OAssassin in the campaign I am running has the right feel, and it's not that bad, especially with multiclassing, a theme, and the soul thief paragon path. Insubstantial as an interrupt a few times per fight, melting into someone's shadow (Shadow Jack), etc. Granted the other striker is an avenger, but she generally out-damages the avenger in any given fight, and has a ton of out-of combat use and more staying power than the defender, thanks to multiple ways to go invisible/insubstantial. If you want to teleport about from shadow to shadow, go insubstantial when attacked, use shadow themed powers, and do assassin-like things (watch a target for a few rounds before attacking to open up with a lethal blow - take a feat to shroud before fights) the Oassassin is a good fit.