PDA

View Full Version : Feats for Fiona (So Weird) Factotum7/Chameleon10

Uhtred
2014-09-03, 01:50 AM
So I've been watching old episodes of So Weird, and, as I often do, have been playing around with the idea of a paranormal investigator who is willing to believe anything, until it's proven to be false. To that end, I present the character of Fi, but obviously born and raised in a magical fantasy setting, getting out into the world and seeing all the wonders the world has to offer. Sort of the opposite of a skeptic, Fi uses her intellect and experience and network of contacts to prove the supernatural DOES exist.
To that end, she's Human Factotum 7/Chameleon 10, and her whole build is centered around fluidity. All her gear is multi-functional (Rod of Lordly Might, Rod of Deadly Function, Variable Shield, Glamered armor, etc.) and most of the spells in her spellbook are divination (Clairvoyance, Scrying, the various Detects, Identify etc.) with a smattering of illusion and transmutation. Since this is sort of a High-Op campaign (I let them roll d20's for stats) Fi is currently packing:
Str: 18, Dex: 20, Con: 18, Int: 38, Wis: 18, Cha: 20
The only concrete feat she has so far is Item Familiar, for her magic ring. Her concept is that she's going to run Martial Focus/Arcane Focus/Stealth Focus, so she can fight if she has to, act as primary Rogue-type, and backup/utility spellcaster. Her primary weapon(s) will likely be the Rod of Deadly Function in rapier mode or the Rod of Lordly Might in Battleaxe form, with the Variable Shield hanging out in either buckler or Light Shield mode.

Sith_Happens
2014-09-03, 02:15 AM
Is there a reason she's not Factotum 8/Chameleon 9?

Uhtred
2014-09-03, 04:30 AM
Cunning Surge is nice, Ability Boon +6 is better, IMO. The whole party is dangerously close to leveling to 18 when I presume she'll be taking Factotum 8.

bekeleven
2014-09-03, 05:46 AM
Keen Intellect for int to will saves, spot, heal, sense motive, and survival.

Kung Fu Genius + Monk's Belt for int to AC, stacks with everything except armor. If that's from a banned source try Carmendine Monk, which does the same thing.

Academic Priest (Chameleon) if Dragonlance material is allowed. Lets you use your int for divine chameleon bonus spells, so int increases count double to spells/day. Save DCs still wisdom, though.

If you want 7th and 8th level casting, you can get it with Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment) granting you the ability to cast 9th level spells via a domain slot, then taking Extra Spell (7) at level 15, and eventually Extra Spell (8) at 18. If you want a feat arraignment that grants access to 9s as well, it's a bit more complicated. You'll need Heighten Spell + Earth Spell.

If Dragon content is allowed, Faerie Mysteries Initiate gives Int to HP instead of Con.

Knowledge Devotion if you like punching things.

Darkstalker if you like hiding from things.

Metamagics, to taste. Extend Spell is of course a standard.

Uhtred
2014-09-03, 08:23 AM
I know a factotum's wonky spellishness doesn't qualify her for any feats or prestige classes, but do a Chameleon's?
I really like the cut of the Faerie Mystery Initiate's jib; sex with another Faerie Mystery Initiate to grant Int to hit points? Hilarity! And given Fi's known proclivity toward fey...