PDA

View Full Version : Restoration

Max Caysey
2014-09-03, 07:21 AM
I was wondering whether or not the Augment Healing feat, could be used in conjunction with the Restoration spell line? The spells are of the conjuration (healing) school, and the Augment Healing feat does not specifically say that its only 'hit point' damage it cures. My thought is, that the augment healing feat would apply its effect on the curing effect of ability damage, which restoration does.

Would you guys agree with me or not?

Thanks for any comments on the matter! :smallsmile:

sideswipe
2014-09-03, 10:18 AM
since augment healing falls just a bit short of being the most overpowered feat in the game, i would defiantly allow this.

Max Caysey
2014-09-03, 03:05 PM
Most overpowered feat???

Inevitability
2014-09-03, 03:15 PM
Most overpowered feat???

I think the above poster meant to say that the feat isn't that strong, so something to power it up would be acceptable at his table.

Not sure though.

heavyfuel
2014-09-03, 03:33 PM
By strict RAW, yes, it works. By RAI, probably not. By "well, you're spending one of your seven precious feats on this subpar option", it also applies.

sideswipe
2014-09-03, 03:36 PM
I think the above poster meant to say that the feat isn't that strong, so something to power it up would be acceptable at his table.

Not sure though.

i'm sorry was my sarcasm not apparent lol.

augment healing is an ok low op feat for a healing based cleric. all of those things make me want to cry....

so to make it better i would allow it easily.

heavyfuel
2014-09-03, 03:38 PM
i'm sorry was my sarcasm not apparent lol.

augment healing is an ok low op feat for a healing based cleric. all of those things make me want to cry....

so to make it better i would allow it easily.

Was "defiantly" part of the sarcasm, or did you misspell "definitely"? Cuz it's funnier if it was intentional

sideswipe
2014-09-03, 03:41 PM
Was "defiantly" part of the sarcasm, or did you misspell "definitely"? Cuz it's funnier if it was intentional

it was intentional, but to be even better i will tell you it came from mis-spelling definitely and using spell checking. then seeing defiantly and choosing that for comedic value.

heavyfuel
2014-09-03, 03:59 PM
it was intentional, but to be even better i will tell you it came from mis-spelling definitely and using spell checking. then seeing defiantly and choosing that for comedic value.

Hahahaha That is better!

Max Caysey
2014-09-03, 06:04 PM
Nice... I was unsure! Sometimes people here, know stuff that I dont, about feats and spells so I thought there might be some secret abuse to the feat. :smallsmile:

Nettlekid
2014-09-03, 09:43 PM
One thing you might want to be careful about is that if "Adding bonus healing to spells which cure ability scores results in healing ability scores" is how your world works, then "Adding extra damage to spell which damage ability scores results in damaged ability scores" is the natural flipside to that, and a lot more dangerous. As is, Sneak Attacks and other damage boosts, when used with spells/effects that deal ability score damage, deal extra HP damage in the form of Negative Energy. But I could see someone using your houserule to say that if their Ray of Stupidity does 1d4+1 Int damage, then Ray of Stupidity with 2d6 Sneak Attack should do 1d4+1+2d6 Int damage.

jiriku
2014-09-03, 10:23 PM
Fun fact: remove paralysis is Conjuration (healing) and affects up to four targets. With Augment Healing you can heal all four targets for 4 hp damage, making this 2nd level spell your lowest-level ranged multiple-target heal. Fighting ghouls has never been so easy.