PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Spells with variable casting times as wands

lytokk
2014-09-03, 08:14 AM
So, if I was to want to make a wand of a spell with a variable casting time, how would it work? Channeled Pyroburst is the spell I'm looking at. Since activating a wand is a standard action, would it only use the standard action effect or could I use the 2 full round effect?

bjoern
2014-09-03, 08:25 AM
So, if I was to want to make a wand of a spell with a variable casting time, how would it work? Channeled Pyroburst is the spell I'm looking at. Since activating a wand is a standard action, would it only use the standard action effect or could I use the 2 full round effect?

RAW a regular wand uses the spells casting time.

An eternal wand is a standard action. Your spell is a level 4 so its ineligible for an eternal wand

lytokk
2014-09-03, 09:29 AM
So one could use the wand as a two round casting time? Or any of the other casting times?

bjoern
2014-09-03, 09:45 AM
So one could use the wand as a two round casting time? Or any of the other casting times?

Whatever the spell says the casting time is what the wand uses as a casting time.

Chronos
2014-09-03, 01:10 PM
Quoth bjoern:

RAW a regular wand uses the spells casting time.
Also RAW, a wand uses a standard action. Surprise surprise, the books aren't consistent on the subject.