PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off to John

Pages : [1] 2

Tariv Gy
2014-09-03, 08:53 AM
A slight cough causes John to stir from his slumber. (Begin bidding for control. PM me your bids!)

braveheart
2014-09-03, 11:48 AM
Hey guys I think we're waking up!!
who's ready to be a productive member of society today? :smallbiggrin:

LuckyStrike
2014-09-03, 11:49 AM
I'll bid 6 WP to kickstart John's adventure

LuckyStrike
2014-09-03, 11:53 AM
Hey guys I think we're waking up!!
who's ready to be a productive member of society today?

:smallcool:

Let's rock!

Surgate
2014-09-03, 01:02 PM
"Well well well...someone really wants control over the puppet right away. Fine by me, I'll just step in when I'm needed." :smallamused:

Tariv Gy
2014-09-03, 01:58 PM
Through sheer force of mental fortitude, Clepto John manages to force his way to the top (6 will-power). John's eyes slide open to see a slick rock face. A lack of peripheral vision caused by some sort of headgear makes it difficult to see much more. The sound of dripping water echos nearby and further away John hears water rushing. The smell of mildew and rot drifts through the air. The feeling of cold, wet stone presses against John's back and he realizes he's not wearing a shirt. He can, however, tell that he is wearing clothes below the waist.

Currently in control: LuckyStrike

Current WP tally:

Surgate: 20
NineOfSpades: 20
ORione: 20
braveheart: 20
Sir Dancealot: 20
LuckyStrike: 14

John's Known Inventory:

Unknown headgear (E)
Unknown legwear (E)
Unknown footwear (E)

John's Health: Healthy

braveheart
2014-09-03, 02:08 PM
Um are we spelunking, I don't remember going spelunking, I wonder if we will find treasure.

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-03, 02:24 PM
"This matters for naught! We must make sure that we are properly dressed!"

LuckyStrike
2014-09-03, 02:39 PM
'Silence you fools! I shall see what is afoot.'

John struggles to get whatever headgear is holding him from seeing properly off of his head and looks around embarrassed as if paparazzi are taking pictures right this moment. He even covers his man-torso by protectively shielding his nipples with his hands.

braveheart
2014-09-03, 02:57 PM
No one can silence me!!!!

Surgate
2014-09-03, 03:35 PM
"I hate water..."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-03, 04:12 PM
The headgear clatters to the ground, the sound echoing in the tunnel in which John stands. John sees that the head gear he was wearing was a football helmet patterned with racing stripes. Looking down at himself he sees he is wearing cleats, black-sequin parachute pants, and a hockey puck taped over his belly button. Looking around is a tunnel with a shallow slant. Along one of the edges of the tunnel runs a small stream of water fed by various drips from the various rock formations. The slight coughing echos through the tunnel again in such a manner that John can't accurately tell which direction it is coming from.

Currently in control: LuckyStrike

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet
Black, sequin parachute pants(E)
Cleats (E)

John's Health: Healthy

Surgate
2014-09-03, 04:15 PM
"You never fail to amuse me John. But we need to get out. Can you manage that buddy?

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-03, 04:26 PM
"Of course he can't! How can he manage anything if he can't even wear proper attire?"

braveheart
2014-09-03, 04:26 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that out is up, and down leads to treasure... who was playing hokey?

NineOfSpades
2014-09-03, 05:21 PM
"Friends, brothers, we need not fear. Pollux will provide a guiding light to us in these dark times, that we may stride onwards and leave behind not just this dark abyss, but the material plane. Brother John, Open your Chakra's to the astral energies!"

ORione
2014-09-03, 08:04 PM
"There might be dangerous things down here. I suggest we go up, towards civilization."

braveheart
2014-09-03, 08:09 PM
I don't believe that that is us coughing, maybe we should find out who is

ORione
2014-09-03, 09:46 PM
"Oh, good point. Let's do it from a distance - they sound sick."

NineOfSpades
2014-09-03, 09:54 PM
"Sickness is a sign of an impure spirit, cursed upon them for their lack of commitment to the one true path. We should leave them to the fate that Mighty Pollux has bestowed them with. Plus, that sounds super gross."

Surgate
2014-09-03, 10:22 PM
"Purify the sick sod in fire John..."

braveheart
2014-09-03, 10:29 PM
Eh, could be fun, why not "purify" him "in the name of Pollux"

NineOfSpades
2014-09-03, 10:39 PM
"Er...there is wisdom in what you say, brother John. In fact we should...wait, no, I'm getting something. Most Supreme Pollux is sending me a vision! Yes...YES! Pollux says we should abandon the gross sick people. I'd ask if he was sure, but we do not question the supreme alien lord from beyond the stars, may his beard be forever moistened with the blood of the righteous virgins."

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-03, 10:41 PM
"Okay. Ew dude. Ew. You need to rethink your religious choices. And how can we expect to burn anyone looking like this? We looks so silly right now."

NineOfSpades
2014-09-03, 10:45 PM
"Pollux is neither silly nor a choice, his is the only path. And I cann't help but feel our attire is less pressing an issue than being in this bleak cavern."

ORione
2014-09-03, 11:13 PM
"Maybe we could beat up the sick guy and steal his clothes. Bet they're better than what we're wearing."

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-03, 11:13 PM
"If I didn't know you were insane before, I do now. Who else but a crazy person would want to leave a perfectly fine cavern where people can't see us dressed like this."

Surgate
2014-09-03, 11:18 PM
:smallsigh:"Don't get me started about who belongs in a straightjacket..."

ORione
2014-09-03, 11:31 PM
"I mean, if they're sick, they might be weak. That would make them easier to beat up, even for John. Not as easy as it would be if I were in control, but whatever. On the other hand, their clothes would have germs on 'em."

braveheart
2014-09-03, 11:34 PM
But it doesn't matter who puts on the straight jacket, won't we all be wearing it anyway?

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-03, 11:43 PM
"We would look terrible in a straight jacket! Plus, how would we do our hair?"

ORione
2014-09-04, 12:01 AM
"At least we'd be wearing something on our torso."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-04, 12:17 PM
The coughing echoed through the corridor again and John just sorta stood there. He wasn't doing much. He was looking around but didn't move from the spot. He swayed slightly as if he were contemplating moving but his feet remained firmly planted on the wet stone.

(All stats remain static)

Surgate
2014-09-04, 01:28 PM
"Well? Come on Johnny Boy, either check it out or get out. Don't tell me you forced your way to the top to idly stand around.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-05, 05:12 PM
John remained static for a time until, with a yawn, he fell face first into a stone wall and slumped over onto the ground. Several minutes later he began to stir, his hand slowly moving toward where his head struck wall.

(Begin bidding)

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet
Cleats (E)

John's Health: Bruised

Tariv Gy
2014-09-05, 08:13 PM
John sat still for a moment as something transpired in his head. While it most of his voices put up a valiant struggle for the title of "In Charge," three of them ended up at an impasse. ORione [roll0], just[roll1], and Handsome [roll2] John all reached a point where it would be sheer luck as to who gained control.

(Please hold while dice are rolled)

Tariv Gy
2014-09-05, 08:47 PM
Through the power of luck, ORione John manages to take the driver's seat. (4 WP)

Currently in control: ORione

Current WP tally:
Surgate: 21
NineOfSpades: 21
ORione: 17
braveheart: 21
Sir Dancealot: 21
LuckyStrike: 15

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-05, 09:10 PM
"Excellent. I'm going to start by surveying the situation."

John picks up the football helmet he had dropped, but doesn't put it on. He listens to tell if there are still coughing noises, or other unusual noises for that matter.

braveheart
2014-09-05, 09:16 PM
We should put on the helmet after all safety third

ORione
2014-09-05, 09:20 PM
"What's first and second? I think that we'd be less banged up if we had been wearing this. But I want to figure out what's going on, and the helmet makes it harder to see."

NineOfSpades
2014-09-05, 09:22 PM
Perhaps, but the metal frame should act as an amplifier to our latent telepathic sensitivity. Brother John, I urge you to wear that helmet.

Surgate
2014-09-05, 09:23 PM
"But there is a trade off, obscuring John's vision. Be careful...

braveheart
2014-09-05, 09:28 PM
First is FUN
Second is pizza
third is safety
fourth is girls
and fifth is food

NineOfSpades
2014-09-05, 09:35 PM
My child, you mispoke. What else could be first or last, but our beloved Pollux, who torments the wicked in this world and the next. But not the unborn, because that would be gross.

braveheart
2014-09-05, 09:44 PM
No I did not misspeak, i do not care about the will of pollux i Just want to have fun then pizza the be safe then girlz then food, then lather rinse and repeat

NineOfSpades
2014-09-05, 09:49 PM
Who made the Laughter of fun? Who made the warm deliciousness of Pizza? Who brought forth the most nubile and supple of maidens to bang and then not call the next day? POLLUX! Ah, there are many days I wonder what motivates his well-groomed wisdom to affix my spirit totem to the rest of you lot. But I swar, i'll make you into noble disciples yet!

ORione
2014-09-05, 09:49 PM
"Pizza is food."

Surgate
2014-09-05, 09:50 PM
"The Flame is all that matters gentlemen. Chaos unbound; The Cleansing Kiss of fire!

Tariv Gy
2014-09-05, 09:53 PM
Aside from the occasional coughing and the flow and drip of water there is no sound.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)

braveheart
2014-09-05, 09:53 PM
You are wrong Pizza is better than food

NineOfSpades
2014-09-05, 09:55 PM
At least in that, we can be in agreement. Pizza is the most heroic of all meals. Especially when accomponied by the cleansing kool-aid tonic waters and Marijuana Forest herbs. Let us leave this place and seek pizza.

Surgate
2014-09-05, 09:57 PM
"Pizza does sound pretty good.

ORione
2014-09-05, 09:57 PM
"Eh, I don't think I care about whoever's coughing. Let's get out of here."

John puts on the football helmet and walks upwards.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-05, 10:12 PM
After walking up the slick stone John begins to find small fungi and moss litter the walls and floor. He finds that small holes in the roof let in fresh air and sunlight. As he continues upward, the holes begin growing in size until finally he finds a large sinkhole (http://lh6.ggpht.com/-bUp96KqzC9Y/UkEpBbjreMI/AAAAAAAAsyg/lIo04Xc6oC8/sinkholes-7%25255B5%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800) opening to the surface. The bottom of the sinkhole is occupied by the ruined remains of a half of a house. The remaining half still stands on relatively solid ground. A cross section of damaged rooms is visible from where John stands.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

[roll0]

braveheart
2014-09-05, 10:14 PM
LOL I am so glad that we don't live there that would suck

we don't live there do we?

ORione
2014-09-05, 10:50 PM
"I assume that whatever happened here was Pyro John's fault."

John crawls out of the sinkhole and approaches the nearest room of the still-standing portion of the house.

Surgate
2014-09-05, 10:56 PM
:smallamused:

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-05, 11:13 PM
"Good! A house! Fnd us some decent clothes will you? We look like a slob. Not to mention silly! Whose idea were the sequin pants anyway?"

ORione
2014-09-06, 07:14 PM
John looks around the nearest room.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-06, 10:14 PM
John climbs the debris into what seems to be the kitchen. John grabs the island which hangs partially outside the house. Upon pulling himself up, the island slides out of the house and crashes through where John stood just a moment ago. Standing in the kitchen John see most of what one might expect from a kitchen. A refrigerator stands on a cracked tile floor; tile which once may have looked wonderful, but now is covered in dust and wood splinters. Next to the fridge is a askew sink that overflows as it is filled by a busted pipe. A stream of water runs across the floor, flowing out of the side of the house and through the rubble, presumably leading to the bit of water flowing into the cave mouth. Underneath the sink is a crushed and deformed dish washer filled with crushed porcelain. The counters, much like the floors, once looked nice but now are cracked and dirty. A door stands on the far wall, cracked in two revealing the dining room on the other side.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-06, 10:24 PM
"John's probably hungry after all that napping."

John goes to the refrigerator and opens it.

braveheart
2014-09-06, 11:44 PM
I really hope there's pizza in there

Tariv Gy
2014-09-07, 12:35 AM
John walks over to the refrigerator and throws the doors open. A rush of cool air pours out of the fridge and the lights don't actually come on. What can be seen is the standard array of foods found in a fridge. Various fruits and vegetables found in their respective drawers, lunch meats, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, tofu for some reason. On the top shelf is a large, clear plastic container with condensation on the inside making it so John can't actually see inside.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

braveheart
2014-09-07, 01:34 AM
Darn, no pizza

ORione
2014-09-07, 10:28 AM
John takes the yogurt and eats it.

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-07, 11:11 AM
"Congratulations! We've now eaten yoghurt. We still look absolutely dreadful!"

ORione
2014-09-07, 11:58 AM
"Shut up."

John walks into the dining room and looks around.

braveheart
2014-09-07, 11:59 AM
Are we certain that the yogurt wasn't expired, I didn't see the expiration date, dang it we're going to get sick

Surgate
2014-09-07, 12:25 PM
"Keep an eye out for matches"

ORione
2014-09-07, 08:46 PM
Clarification: John had removed the football helmet to eat the yogurt. He has the helmet in his hand now.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-07, 11:00 PM
John removes the football helmet and holds it under his arm. He grabs one of the containers of yogurt and, ignoring the label, rips it open and begins eating. John has an interesting method of eating yogurt. He simply licks it out of the container, getting a good bit of it on his face in the process. Once John finishes the yogurt he loses interest in the container and drops it on the ground while turning to the dining room. Walking up to the door John finds that the table has slid up against the door, making it near impossible to open, but no mere table/door tag-team is a match for John as he climbs over the broken door onto the table. Looking around, John sees that the room is nicely ruined. The table, though still in one piece, is scratched and chipped. A series of chairs lay about in various stages of destruction. What may have once been a china cabinet is now broken in two and surrounded by broken glass. Near the broken cabinet is a small pool of blood. Hanging from the ceiling are the shattered remains of a glass chandelier. The floor is covered in the previously mentioned chandelier remains. On the left-most wall is a shattered window looking out on a modest suburb.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-08, 12:21 AM
"Blood? That's not good. What do you guys think, should we investigate or get the heck out of here?"

braveheart
2014-09-08, 12:27 AM
I say we find some change in the couch and order a pizza

Surgate
2014-09-08, 12:38 AM
And tell them what? We're redecorating?! No no no...we don't want to be here when police show up...because they will. Let us terroriz....I mean visit the suburbs just out yonder window, explore and be content with leaving this ****storm behind."

braveheart
2014-09-08, 10:25 AM
why would we need to avoid the police it not like we did this...UNLESS WE GOT SUPER POWERS, LETS SEE IF WE CAN FLY!!!!!:smallbiggrin:

Surgate
2014-09-08, 11:39 AM
"That doesn't merit a proper response..."

NineOfSpades
2014-09-08, 12:01 PM
Now now, I'm entirely in favor of the first half of that suggestion. Namely fleeing the scene of what we can readily assume was a crime of some sort. Whether we do so by some previously unknown blessing that Pollux has bestowed, or by normal jogging, I think either option is valid. The point is we do not go to jail. Prison life does not bode well for our Astrological alignments."

braveheart
2014-09-08, 01:18 PM
we could become Pizza Man and save people from hunger with our awesome pizza themed super powers

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-08, 01:23 PM
"Or we could put on clothes. I think somebody might call the police on us if we're wandering around in sequined parachute pants and a football helmet, our face covered in yoghurt and a hockey puck taped to our stomach. We look insane. Not to mention, there's a collapsed building nearby if we flee the scene."

ORione
2014-09-08, 02:08 PM
"Oh yeah, I forgot about the hockey puck. Why are we wearing things from three different sports?"

John rips off the hockey puck and tosses it aside. He then uses his arm to wipe yogurt off of his face.

"Let's get out of here. We'll look for a shirt and maybe better pants and shoes somewhere far from here."

John crawls out the window, turns left, and walks down the sidewalk away from the broken house.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-08, 04:04 PM
John rips the hockey puck off of his stomach, wincing as it tears out a good bit of hair with it. He wipes his face off with the same arm and drops the puck to the ground. Hopping off of the table, John heads toward the broken window, glass crunching underfoot. He hoists himself onto the sill and tosses himself onto the other side, grimacing as glass cuts into him. Just as he is mostly through, John's foot catches on the sill and he begins falling face-first into the ground.

(ORione, roll to catch yourself. Use a skill, if you have a relevant one and declare willpower use to modify the roll.)

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)

John's Health: Bruised (head), scraped (legs)

ORione
2014-09-08, 04:35 PM
"Oops."

No relevant skills. I use 3 Willpower points.

[roll0]

Tariv Gy
2014-09-08, 09:00 PM
John throws his hands out in front of him to catch himself, inadvertently throwing the football helmet a few feet away from him. He uses his forward momentum to roll onto his shoulder and clumsily land on his back, but at least he didn't eat the ground again. Looking around from where he lies, John can see that there is yellow tape surrounding the lawn and the area on the other side looks devoid of cars. Cookie cutter houses line the streets, all seeming to be in full working order, but it looks like nobody's home.

Current WP tally:
ORione: 14

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-08, 11:58 PM
"Boo yah! Will you look at that?"

John picks up the football helmet and puts it on. He then walks to the nearest fully-standing house and tries the front door.

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-09, 09:35 AM
"Yeesh. Maybe we do need a helmet. Ooh! A biker helmet. That would look good!"

braveheart
2014-09-09, 10:09 AM
No we need a mask to hide our identity when we become a super hero

Tariv Gy
2014-09-09, 12:02 PM
John gets up and grabs the football helmet, putting it back on. He then begins walking toward the nearest intact house, ducking under the yellow tape and completely disregarding the normal traffic procedure of looking both ways before crossing the street. He crosses the yard to the front door of the house and attempts to open it. Unsurprisingly, it is locked.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-09, 12:08 PM
John tries again with the house next door.

braveheart
2014-09-09, 12:32 PM
We haven't checked our pockets yet. Isn't it possible that we have keys in our pockets and perhaps an ID to tell us where we live.
then we could find out where our secret lair is and learn about our super powers.
I really hope we don't live in the broken house. It wouldn't be very subtle.

Surgate
2014-09-09, 12:40 PM
"I realize now your capacity for delusions of grandeur is unending :smallsigh: Well then, maybe try knocking?"

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-09, 12:54 PM
"Why would we do that? That would be sensible."

ORione
2014-09-09, 12:56 PM
"Huh. Good suggestions."

John checks his pockets. If the next house he tried is locked, and he doesn't find anything in his pockets, then he knocks on the door.

braveheart
2014-09-09, 12:59 PM
Until I have seen evidence to prove that we don't have super powers I will continue to try to discover them

Surgate
2014-09-09, 01:11 PM
"Excellent thinking. If we didn't share the same body, I'd suggest taking your defunct brain and attempt superflight off a very, very, very tall building. At least you would make a supermess :smallamused: "

ORione
2014-09-09, 01:12 PM
"Don't fight, guys."

braveheart
2014-09-09, 01:22 PM
Come-on wouldn't you love it if we had fire breath, or pyrokinesis?

Surgate
2014-09-09, 01:26 PM
"Of course! That would be...amazing. The Flame and John as one superbeing! But I don't see that happening anytime soon Junior."

ORione
2014-09-09, 01:31 PM
"Even if we had superpowers, I think we'd be more of a supervillain than a superhero."

braveheart
2014-09-09, 01:35 PM
...what!!!

Surgate
2014-09-09, 01:46 PM
"Agreed. Dastardly deeds is more my style :smallcool: "

ORione
2014-09-09, 01:48 PM
"Well, I'd rather be one, anyway. I think Pyro and Handsome would too, but I'm not sure. And how many insane superheroes are there, versus how many insane supervillains?"

braveheart
2014-09-09, 01:52 PM
Can't we be at least an ambiguous antihero, like Deadpool, I think we embody his mentality(s) :smallbiggrin: and he seems to have an awful lot of fun

ORione
2014-09-09, 04:42 PM
John laughs evilly.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-09, 11:38 PM
John checks his pockets only to find that he doesn't actually have pockets. He walks to the next house and finds it to be locked as well, so he knocks on the door. After a few moments John suddenly unleashes a maniacal laugh that sounds more like a series of cats being stepped on than an actual laugh.

ORione
2014-09-10, 12:38 AM
John looks around for something that he could throw at a window to break it. Such as a rock or a brick or a large stick.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-10, 10:20 AM
John looks around for something to throw through a window. It just so happens that he is two doors down from the remnants of a house that is now mostly made of debris the size of a microwave or larger. Perfect window breaking material.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-10, 12:35 PM
John thinks better of it. He walks to the next house, tries the door, and knocks.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-10, 02:17 PM
John looks at the ruined house for a moment before turning and moving on to the next house. He arrives to find the front door knocked off of it's hinges and darkness inside.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-10, 02:34 PM
"Excellent!"

John enters and looks around the room.

Surgate
2014-09-10, 03:33 PM
"Finally! Wonder what we're going to find...

Tariv Gy
2014-09-10, 10:48 PM
John enters the house to find what may have been a living room in a state of disarray. A large television sits broken on the wall. The stereo system is stacked next to the door. Chairs are overturned, and couch cushions are strewn about the room. From the next room John hears footsteps on hardwood floors.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-11, 09:39 AM
John walks towards the voice. He says, "Hello? Can you help me?"

Tariv Gy
2014-09-11, 10:01 AM
John calls out to whoever is in the house. The footsteps stop for a moment before starting again, but faster. The footsteps draw near and a man in a black hoodie and a hockey mask bursts into the room immediately leveling a gun at John.

"Who are you? What are you doing here? I'll shoot."

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

Surgate
2014-09-11, 12:02 PM
"That explains the door. Alright try to not get us shot.

braveheart
2014-09-11, 12:17 PM
Idon'wannadieIdon'wannadieIdon'wannadieIdon'wannad ieIdon'wannadieIdon'wannadieIdon'wannadieIdon'wann adieIdon'wannadieIdon'wannadieIdon'wannadie

ORione
2014-09-11, 01:29 PM
"Relax, I've got this under control."

John raises his hands. He says, "I'm sorry! I'm lost and confused and I just need to borrow a shirt and a computer. Please don't shoot me."

If this calls for a skill check, I'm skilled in Persuasion, so I use 2 willpower points to make it an auto-success.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-11, 10:22 PM
The man looks at John for a moment before nodding down the hall. "There are clothes in some of the rooms down there. I haven't gotten around to the computer yet so it's still plugged in. Try any funny business and I'll shoot ya."

Current WP tally:
ORione: 12

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)

[roll0]

ORione
2014-09-12, 10:40 AM
John sighs with relief. "Thank you," he says. He walks down the hall and looks for a shirt that fit him. When he finds one, he removes the football helmet and puts the shirt on. He holds the football helmet in his hand as he looks for the computer.

braveheart
2014-09-12, 10:45 AM
Did you guys notice anything funny about him?

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-12, 03:04 PM
"Other than the fact that he was poorly dressed?"

braveheart
2014-09-12, 03:53 PM
I actually didn't notice that at all.

but he didn't have a gun, it was a lighter.

ORione
2014-09-12, 04:06 PM
"... What? Like a fire lighter?"

braveheart
2014-09-12, 04:07 PM
Yes that is correct :smallcool:

ORione
2014-09-12, 04:45 PM
"How can you tell?"

braveheart
2014-09-12, 04:57 PM
For one thing it was too small, also it said Mr. Torch on the side

Surgate
2014-09-12, 06:37 PM
"I need Mr.Torch."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-12, 07:33 PM
John eventually finds a shirt that fits him. It's green and has button, but no holes for the buttons. It's just a fake button-up shirt, but it fits. John begins looking around for the computer and finds it buried under a pile of papers. It seems to be asleep, so John can't tell much about it other than the case is white with silver accents and covered in dust. Not just a light coating of dust, it's embedded in every crack of the machine. The monitor is fine though.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

ORione
2014-09-12, 07:41 PM
John blows some dust off of the computer and wakes it up.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-12, 08:16 PM
After moving papers off of the mouse and keyboard, John wakes up the computers. The fans begin to whir and a cloud of dust spits out when they do. After a few seconds the monitor (http://s2.hubimg.com/u/45867_f260.jpg) hums to life displaying the Windows 95 login screen (http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gui/startupshutdown/login/winme.png).

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

ORione
2014-09-12, 08:32 PM
"Hmm. Do any of you know the password? Wait, I've got an idea."

John enters "password" into the password space.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-12, 08:37 PM
[roll0] It... doesn't work.

braveheart
2014-09-12, 10:24 PM
Isn't it possible that they don't have a password on it

ORione
2014-09-13, 01:29 AM
John tries to log in without a password.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-13, 08:24 PM
This also does not work.

ORione
2014-09-13, 08:42 PM
"Okay, screw this."

John turns the computer off and pries the casing off.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-13, 10:58 PM
John pops the side of the computer off to find a horribly dusty mess (http://public.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2p_W1EN03nMpFeo-s_Xc0uGV5FGntEqMUoToYDqxdA_XHoTfVIkImyJK13GW2nLCyO Jb7zEuspJpKy8ZJvdy0ZBKy58hhciFijkz9WKHPWu-8/dust%20pc1.JPG?rdrts=85291045).

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)

ORione
2014-09-14, 12:18 PM
John pulls parts out of the computer, brushing dust aside when necessary.

Surgate
2014-09-14, 12:58 PM
"Find anything interesting in that hunk of junk?"

ORione
2014-09-14, 04:13 PM
"You're the hunk of junk!"

Surgate
2014-09-14, 05:17 PM
Pyro laughed

Tariv Gy
2014-09-14, 09:17 PM
John begins disassembling the computer.

(You will need to make a check to avoid screwing this up.)

ORione
2014-09-14, 11:14 PM
I am skilled with electronics.

[roll0]

Tariv Gy
2014-09-14, 11:21 PM
As John tries to take the motherboard out of the computer he snaps a few capacitors off and realizes that he forgot to disconnect the power. Sparks fly everywhere and the dust in the machine bursts into flames. John stares at the scene, uninjured, but shocked.

(ORione losses control. Begin bidding for control.)

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

ORione
2014-09-14, 11:25 PM
:smalleek: "That was not supposed to happen..."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-15, 10:28 AM
After a moment, John shakes his head as if he had made a decision. Just [roll0] and Handsome [roll1] John were dueling for control... and Just John succeed. (5 WP)

Currently in control: braveheart

Current WP tally:
braveheart: 16

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-15, 10:52 AM
All right guys it looks like this computer is fried, lets just grab a shirt and get out of here before this get worse *john gets up and quickly checks the closet for any shirts*

Tariv Gy
2014-09-15, 10:56 AM
John seems to have forgotten that he is in fact wearing a shirt and begins rummaging about in the closet.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-15, 11:08 AM
oh, lol silly me
*john walks back towards the front door*
maybe we should check a newspaper to find out what happened to that house
*john also keeps an eye open for a newspaper intending to take it with him if he see's one*

Tariv Gy
2014-09-15, 11:17 AM
John walks back to the front door, looking about. Once he enters the room to the door he sees the masked man bent over trying to pick up the stereo equipment. Mr. Torch is shoved in his back pocket.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

[roll0]

ORione
2014-09-15, 11:29 AM
"Don't take the lighter from him. If we have it when Pyro takes control, bad things will happen."

Surgate
2014-09-15, 11:59 AM
Don't listen to incompetent John. Help me and I'll help you!

braveheart
2014-09-15, 12:30 PM
There is no way that I'm letting pyro get his hands on mister torch don't worry
John says "excuse me sir, but you wouldn't happen to have seen a newspaper in here have you?"

Surgate
2014-09-15, 12:43 PM
I'll make sure all of you burn by the end of this.

braveheart
2014-09-15, 12:59 PM
you'll only burn ourself in the process

ORione
2014-09-15, 01:07 PM
"Maybe we should put that fire out. But how? It's an electrical fire, you're not supposed to pour water on those."

braveheart
2014-09-15, 01:13 PM
or we could just act like nothing happened and leave before we get hurt...more

Surgate
2014-09-15, 01:18 PM
Pyro laughed again. "Think I care if I can burn you in the process? Yeah let the house burn down!"

Tariv Gy
2014-09-15, 02:58 PM
The man picks up the equipment and throws John a look of incredulity. "There's one in the kitchen," he says, motioning his head toward a different door.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-15, 03:08 PM
*john picks up the newspaper and leaves the house, notes the number of the house being robbed, turns down the street away from the destroyed building, starts walking, and starts looking in the newspaper for any news about the building*

I think we should find a payphone and tell the cops about the thief and figure out where we live

Surgate
2014-09-15, 03:25 PM
"I think you should keep trying to use your superpowers. I need some entertainment."

ORione
2014-09-15, 03:33 PM
"Pyro, you share the same body as Just. Just, what if the cops want to know why we were in this house, or what happened to the computer? Handsome, are you still around? You may be the second most sensible person in this head."

braveheart
2014-09-15, 03:43 PM
we don't tell the cops we were in the house, or we tell them that we have amnesia and they help us, because I want to find our home. Also pyro, I don't even know what kind of powers we have so how would I use them

ORione
2014-09-15, 04:15 PM
"Well, then, I hope you're not planning to use the house phone."

Surgate
2014-09-15, 04:17 PM
"My question from the beginning. And yes you keep stating the obvious Incompetent John. I'd gladly suffer the same fate I wish upon you all for interrupting my fun."

ORione
2014-09-15, 04:29 PM
"My name is Dork John."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-15, 04:44 PM
John walks out of the house and looks at the house number, "48351." He turns and walks down the street reading the newspaper. Right on the front page is a big headline reading "Gas Explosion Reveals Previously Unknown Sinkhole." The article itself is short and might be continued on a different page, but a stain covers part of the bottom of the page so John can't tell. The article reads, "A gas explosion occurred late last night at 48322 Greenhood Rd. It is believed that a ruptured gas pipe was the cause of the explosion. Official reports claim that the event was an accident and, despite the rumours, was not intentional. The previously mentioned rumours began circulating once it was discovered that the owner of the house was a former mental patient who had been reformed for four years prior to the explosion. Neither his nor his wife's bodies have been found as of this printing." The article is accompanied by an image of the destroyed house, still burning and surrounded by emergency vehicles.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-15, 04:51 PM
do you guys think that might be us? because if it is then that was our wife who was coughing
*john runs back to the house and looks for a safe way to get back into the sinkhole*

Surgate
2014-09-15, 05:13 PM
Pyro erupted into laughter once again. "Oh no! Do you even remember her name? And completely accidental gas explosion indeed :smallamused:

braveheart
2014-09-15, 05:18 PM
Pyro we all know that you did it, and no I don't, but if we married her then she must know what our super powers are.

Surgate
2014-09-15, 05:37 PM
"Super Insanity of course" :smallwink:

Tariv Gy
2014-09-16, 10:08 AM
John dashes back to the house and looks into the sinkhole. It seems the only safe way down is to climb down the pile of rubble. The only way to get to the pile of rubble is to enter the house again and head to the side that's blown out.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (C)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

[roll0]

braveheart
2014-09-16, 10:42 AM
*John puts on the helmet and looks for the safest way into the house*

Tariv Gy
2014-09-16, 10:47 AM
The safest way in just might be the front door.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-16, 10:53 AM
*John walks up to the front door and opens it, he then carefully makes his way to the pile of rubble and proceeds to where he first woke up this morning*

ORione
2014-09-16, 01:02 PM
"Who the hell would marry us?"

Surgate
2014-09-16, 01:55 PM
"Never thought I'd say this, but she's gotta be crazier than we are."

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-16, 02:07 PM
"I know. Who would marry anyone that dresses like this?"

braveheart
2014-09-16, 03:25 PM
Whoever she is, we apparently married her and should really try to help her, unlike dork here who left her to be buried in the rubble

ORione
2014-09-16, 03:38 PM
"I didn't know it was our wife. For all I knew, it was someone who would beat us up. I was protecting us."

Surgate
2014-09-16, 03:58 PM
"Explain that to her. I'm sure she will understand. :smallwink:

ORione
2014-09-16, 05:15 PM
:smallannoyed: "Then you have to explain whatever you did to our house."

Surgate
2014-09-16, 05:41 PM
"Didn't you read the paper? It was an accident :smallamused:

Tariv Gy
2014-09-16, 10:52 PM
Access to the kitchen is blocked off from the front door, but John manages to make his way to the living room. The carpet is still mostly intact and it seems like it was just the wall that came off. John half walks, half slides down the rubble pile back into the sinkhole and back into the cave. There isn't a sign of coughing anymore, just an unidentifiable high-pitched noise that sounds occasionally. John makes his way back to where he woke up, he thinks. It's hard to tell, what with the walls looking the same.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

ORione
2014-09-16, 11:13 PM
"You wouldn't be so sassy if I were able to punch you."

Surgate
2014-09-16, 11:16 PM
"Nor you If I was able to set you aflame proper and crispy" :smalltongue:

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-17, 12:11 AM
"Aha! I would know that noise anywhere! A damsel! And it would seem that she is in distress! Come my bretheren! We must find where the lady weeps and sweep her out of this dreary hole!"

braveheart
2014-09-17, 10:35 AM
Lets go save the girl

*john tries to locate the source of the high pitched noise, and looks around for any sign of the other person*

Tariv Gy
2014-09-17, 08:24 PM
John travels deeper into the tunnel until he reaches a steep drop with a ladder leading down into the darkness. It sounds like the crying is coming from down there, wherever down there is.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-17, 09:10 PM
*John descends the ladder carefully then follows the crying sound*

Tariv Gy
2014-09-17, 10:04 PM
John makes it to the bottom of the ladder to find another tunnel that seems to be significantly more man-made, as in, it's made of metal. Fluorescent lights burn in recesses in the ceiling and a quiet hum fills the corridor. It would give the impression of sterility if not for the sooty footprints on the floor.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-18, 10:46 AM
*john listens for the crying sound and follows it as best he can*
woah, so is this a secret government facility or an alien space ship that has been buried for centuries to milenia?

Surgate
2014-09-18, 10:48 AM
"Yes its an Alien Space Ship. Can't trust anyone you find down here :smallwink:

ORione
2014-09-18, 11:09 AM
"Pfft, you wish we had a government facility under our house."

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-18, 11:16 AM
"Bah, whatever it is, we must help the lady!"

Tariv Gy
2014-09-19, 07:44 AM
John treks down the hallway, inadvertently following the footprints. Eventually the hallway opens up into massive circular room built in the same style as the hall. The walls are covered in papers and computer terminals that all seem to be off. The crying seems to be coming from another door along the left wall.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-19, 10:32 AM
see government facility hidden under our house...OR IT'S OUR SECRET BASE AND WE ARE A SUPER HERO/VILLIAN

*john opens the door that the crying is coming from*

ORione
2014-09-19, 11:06 AM
"Maybe the computer terminals will give us more information."

Surgate
2014-09-19, 12:07 PM
"Wow...Fire isn't going to cut it down here. I need heavy duty explosives!"

Tariv Gy
2014-09-19, 05:39 PM
The door opens to reveal a woman wearing a green dress curled in the corner sobbing. She hears the door open and abruptly stops crying. She turns her head to look at John with something between fascination, horror, and mourning.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-19, 06:13 PM
"Right. Say something nice!"

Surgate
2014-09-19, 06:40 PM
"Yeah no nonsense about powers and aliens."

braveheart
2014-09-20, 12:25 AM
Okay okay I won't say "do I have super powers"

*John stares at her a moment then asks* "Are you my wife?"

Tariv Gy
2014-09-20, 04:13 AM
The woman looks at John for a moment before standing up and staring him in the eye. "No, I'm John's wife and you aren't John anymore. I'm not sure you ever were." She stands still for a moment and suddenly grabs John by the shoulders and shouts, "Are you still there? John? Please. Was it ever you? Were they ever gone? Please come back, John. Please, remember me..." She slumps against John's shoulder and begins sobbing again.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

Surgate
2014-09-20, 12:53 PM
"Jackpot. Play this cool Just."

ORione
2014-09-20, 01:20 PM
"Does anyone remember this woman?"

braveheart
2014-09-21, 01:53 PM
*john puts his hands on her shoulders and looks the woman in the eye and says* "I am John, I'm just John, the other voices are there and they want to take control. But I don't remember anything before this morning, but I am just John"

Surgate
2014-09-21, 02:19 PM
:smallsigh:

ORione
2014-09-22, 10:55 AM
"Tell her that whatever destroyed the house must have given you amnesia. And see if she can tell you the computer password - we may have emails or such that can help us figure stuff out."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-22, 04:56 PM
"Is it the original you or is that what you call yourself you mind controlling freak? "Just John." Is it some sort of trick to make people think you are the original, mine?" she said in a mix between a wimper and a growl looking at John anywhere but the eyes.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-22, 05:49 PM
"Wow man. You should let me take control. This situation is completely within my capabilities."

braveheart
2014-09-22, 06:08 PM
I think I've got this

*John shakes his head in confusion*
"I don't know, I could be one of them, I could be the original, I am not sure. But I do know that I don't like sharing this head with the rest of them, and I can't keep control forever"
*John takes a step back*

Surgate
2014-09-22, 06:19 PM
"Well at least you're right about something for once. Can't wait to make you suffer for your transgressions Just."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-22, 06:38 PM
"I suppose I shouldn't have hoped for the best. I'll leave you now imposter, do try to leave my John intact. Have fun in your madhouse," she says as she begins to slink towards the hall, head bowed. The closet she was in is full of paper and color ink cartridges.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-22, 07:08 PM
well I guess if I'm not the "real john" then I'll just do whatever I feel like

*john runs after her and puts her in a sleeper hold until she is unconscious*

Surgate
2014-09-22, 07:44 PM
Pyro laughs harder than he ever has, so amused with what Just John did.

Tariv Gy
2014-09-22, 10:56 PM
Make a check, apply usable skills, use WP to mod the roll if you want.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

ORione
2014-09-22, 11:08 PM
"And you're the one who would rather be a hero than a villain?"

Surgate
2014-09-23, 12:37 AM
"Very heroic of him isn't it?"

braveheart
2014-09-23, 10:34 AM
I don't need to be the hero anymore, I'm just another one of you

<4 wp>

ORione
2014-09-23, 11:14 AM
"Yeeessss, give in to the dark side."

Surgate
2014-09-23, 11:44 AM
:smallamused:

braveheart
2014-09-23, 12:31 PM
It's time for me to embrace the darkness

[roll0]

Tariv Gy
2014-09-23, 12:56 PM
[roll0] Rolling dice for braveheart.

braveheart
2014-09-23, 02:43 PM
well that is unfortunate

Tariv Gy
2014-09-23, 10:28 PM
John grabs the woman about the neck until she nearly passes into the state of unconsciousness. However, the woman manages to elbow John in the ribs at the last second, causing him to drop her. She slumps onto the ground and holds at her throat, coughing.

(braveheart loses control. Begin bidding for control.)

Currently in control: unk

Current WP tally:
braveheart: 12

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

John's Health: Bruised (head, chest), scraped (legs)

Tariv Gy
2014-09-24, 10:29 AM
Handsome John manages to take control (5 WP).

Currently in control: Sir Dancealot

Current WP tally:
Sir Dancealot: 16

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

ORione
2014-09-24, 12:01 PM
"Oh, that's not too bad. Good luck explaining what just happened to John's wife, though."

Surgate
2014-09-24, 12:45 PM
Yeah have fun with that buddy

ORione
2014-09-24, 02:30 PM
"Maybe the truth would be best. Say that a different voice tried that, and that Unjust isn't in control anymore."

braveheart
2014-09-24, 02:37 PM
ooh, Unjust John, I like the sound of that, I say we just remove her from the equation

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-24, 06:38 PM
"Don't Worry guys. I got this this covered!"

"Alright Johnny Boy, can you hear me? Good. Now, here's what you do: Back off quickly and raise your hands, then repeat after me: 'I'm sorry love. I... I don't know what came over me. These... voices in my head. They're constantly vying for control. They all have names. I'm pretty sure one of them wants to destroy the world. Or at least burn it. I'm fighting them as best as I can, but I don't know for how long I'll be able to stay in control. Me... The real me would never want to hurt you."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-24, 08:49 PM
"Did you," she rasps, pulling herself back onto her feet, "or are you another voice trying to trick me into coming close enough to kill? I thought I would be able to tell if you went out again, but I was wrong. I suggested you be released on grounds that I keep a close eye on you, and I failed in that task. You managed to sneak down here for who knows how long, I suppose one of you do, and I never once suspected a thing.

"Some wifes catch wind that their husband is cheating, and you construct this elaborate scheme and I never once suspect a thing," she says, motioning to the paper-covered walls, "I was wrong about you, John. I never should have loved you." With a resigned sigh she begins heading back towards the hall, casting intermittent glances back at John that seem to be hoping both that he doesn't follow her and that he was never John at all.

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

John's Health: Bruised (head, chest), scraped (legs), broken (heart)

Surgate
2014-09-24, 10:05 PM
Muahahahahahahaha Yes! The world will burn! I'm gonna need nukes...lots and lots of beautiful nukes.

ORione
2014-09-25, 09:29 AM
"Doesn't sound like she would know the computer password. Maybe we don't have one?"

braveheart
2014-09-25, 10:56 AM
Look around the room lets figure out what we were doing in here

ORione
2014-09-25, 11:43 AM
"I bet the computers have information about whatever we were doing."

Surgate
2014-09-25, 02:00 PM
Any lighters or matches around here?

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-25, 04:27 PM
"Allright Johnny boy, keep repeating after me, and wave your arms around the room yeah? 'You think I did this? You know I never really dealt with computers that often. I... I don't know how long this has been going on. I... I don't know what to do. Please don't leave me alone with them.' Make sure you sound broken and pathetic. Oh! And drop to your knees and cry a little, chicks dig it when you show sensitivity!

Tariv Gy
2014-09-26, 12:20 AM
"You had to ask if I was your wife, John. Don't think denying it makes it any better." She sighs, "Maybe it wasn't you that did this, not this voice, but one of them, and it was probably one of them that I spoke to every day, and one of them, one of you, that made me dinner every night, and one of you that whispered sweet nothings in my ear as I drifted off to sleep each night. Then, once I was asleep, there is no doubt in my mind that one of you came down here and made all these plans, maybe not you right now, but one of you. It'll take much more than denying knowledge of this place to make me think better of you, John. A lot more than that. A lot more than you."

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

John's Health: Bruised (head, chest), scraped (legs), broken (heart)

ORione
2014-09-26, 10:21 AM
"She's going to have us locked up, and then we won't be able to do anything fun. Let's get out of here."

braveheart
2014-09-26, 10:49 AM
For once we are in agreement, go look for car keys, then we can flee this place as fast as possible

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-26, 01:47 PM
"Shush you. I'm working my magic here! Alright Johnny, keep doin' what I do. Ask her: 'What can I do to prove it is me?' And take that damn helmet off. We look silly right now."

ORione
2014-09-26, 02:37 PM
"You can't prove something that isn't true."

braveheart
2014-09-26, 02:55 PM
We need to either remove her from the equation, or run, preferably in a vehicle to maximize our speed. I don't care which but this situation is not going to be able to be solved with words

ORione
2014-09-26, 04:32 PM
"Maybe it could have been resolved with words, before someone tried to strangle her."

Tariv Gy
2014-09-27, 09:06 PM
The woman glares back at John from the hall, "You're gone John. I can't trust you any longer. Don't try to lie to me."

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

Surgate
2014-09-28, 04:50 PM
"Purify her and this whole place in fire! Or work your magic...you know, which ever seems to be the best plan. I don't care :smalltongue:

Sir Dancealot
2014-09-29, 05:40 PM
"Bah. I know you want to purify it with fire. Okay Johnny, wave your arms in a dramatic fashion and keep the smooth coming: 'How could I lie to you? You gave me the willpower to take control again! I'd be lost without you!"'

Tariv Gy
2014-09-30, 12:16 AM
"Sure, John, sure," she says, then muttering, "Lying, manipulative..." She trails off as she reaches for the ladder.

Currently in control: Sir Dancealot (doesn't remember that she has skills)

Current WP tally:

John's Known Inventory:
Football helmet (E)
Cleats (E)
Green shirt (E)

braveheart
2014-09-30, 10:48 AM
If we do not take care of her then she will likely send us to an asylum, and who knows what will happen to us in there.