PDA

View Full Version : Snake Lunger Assistance. First time DnD

Duboris
2014-09-03, 11:10 AM
Alright. So, in another thread, I displayed interest in a "Lunger" type of fighter, but my knowledge of Dungeons and Dragons is as slim as my pathfinder experience is vast. I can get a ballpark of a build done, but I don't have any material to look at whatsoever, and I'm not too sure what I want to do here. Fortunately, I did roll remarkably well enough on my stats to build a decent MAD character, but the setting I'm interested in is rocky territory, but not literally.

The only evil deity is more an ideal than anything, and it happens to be a snake. I was hoping to make a somewhat touched in the head man who worshipped snakes and found it easy to work with them by having Handle Animal ranks, but I also wanted him to be a lancer of sorts, using a weapon that was basically a long-pick of sorts with only 1 painful tip. Seeing as how he's addled, and a native but kind of an exile who just so happened to be near the temple, His "Plate" is going to be made of bones, such as numerous rib cages.

So, given that, here's what I was hoping for in regards to his creation.

- Poison Use
- Reach
- Lunging Strikes
- Somewhat high damage output
- Snake Style?
- Creepy Sense-motive filled eyes

My stat rolls were as follows: 17, 16, 15, 15, 14, 13. All odd numbers, and I've already placed 16 in Dexterity, 17 in Strength, 15 in Con, 15 in wisdom, 14 in int, and the 13 in charisma. You guys can feel free to change that.

I want to stay away from Psionics and take it simple and be damaging as much as possible, and Poison use isn't a massive requirement, but I'm laying myself at the mercy of you guys to dictate how my first game goes. I have level 2 starting gold, and we've been told to purchase items as if we were druids, as metal is super-rare. The spear tip could be Onyx, but I'd rather it not be Fragile.