PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Ring permanently stuck to my finger

Chaosvii7
2014-09-03, 10:23 PM
Long story short: I've gotten my essence trapped in a single ring - just like a Lich, except it didn't turn me undead. The downside of me doing this is that if I lose the ring or it gets broken, I die. Forever.

So I need to make this ring either meld into my flesh forever(the DM has said that when I polymorph it I can bury it into my skin, and as a gish I polymorph a lot), or I need ways to make the ring nigh indestructible. It's basically guaranteed to never leave my finger unless my whole hand comes off, and that's not very likely to happen.

I have Replicate Casting, so if you can find me an 8th level or lower spell that can either make the ring immune to damage and/or make my hands untouchable I'd be greatly appreciated.

jiriku
2014-09-03, 10:34 PM
flame whips would do it, but because the worn items cease functioning, it is debatable whether you would survive the casting. :smalleek:

heavyfuel
2014-09-03, 10:41 PM
Sovereign Glue Full Plate to skin. Now they can only take it off by removing the entire armor :D

kardar233
2014-09-03, 10:42 PM
If you can modify it in any way you could make it a Poison Ring and then Graft Weapon it on.

Crake
2014-09-04, 12:22 AM
get really fat and have your finger swell up to get the ring stuck on your hand?

MightyPirate
2014-09-04, 12:30 AM
Lost as in not knowing where it is or lost as in no longer on your person?

If the former I'd recommend being the DM to the punch and lopping off your own hand and stone shaping it into some inaccessible are innocuous area. It's still kinda on your person, you'll always know where it is and if someone goes after it anyway then you know the DM was just gonna go after it one way or another anyway. Bonus points for getting a hook prosthetic and taking up piracy.

Chaosvii7
2014-09-04, 12:54 AM
Lost as in not knowing where it is or lost as in no longer on your person?

If the former I'd recommend being the DM to the punch and lopping off your own hand and stone shaping it into some inaccessible are innocuous area. It's still kinda on your person, you'll always know where it is and if someone goes after it anyway then you know the DM was just gonna go after it one way or another anyway.

No longer on my person - and lobbing off the hand counts as it losing contact with my body, thus killing me, but not irrevocably. As long as the ring is in direct contact with me I can live.

I think the Soverign Glue suggestion is great - I'm less worried about the ring being broken and worried more about the rest of me being broken. Another solution would just be to be able to constantly remain polymorphed, which I could do with Extend and Persist. A spell that makes my body hard as X or Y or makes my skin immune to separation.

Bonus points for getting a hook prosthetic and taking up piracy.

It needs to feed on the energy produced by light, so I suppose if I had a continual light within the hook I could do that all day.

With a box
2014-09-04, 02:26 AM
It needs to feed on the energy produced by light, so I suppose if I had a continual light within the hook I could do that all day.
then you can't polymorp too long because it will meld in you and any light will blocked

Chaosvii7
2014-09-04, 02:49 AM
then you can't polymorp too long because it will meld in you and any light will blocked

Well when I shapeshift I don't have to meld it directly into my skin; It can be exposed, and I can move it around, I just need to make sure that it's in a spot where it'd be a real pain to sunder.

Kalaska'Agathas
2014-09-04, 03:20 AM
Can't items be cursed such that they cannot be removed? Might be worth looking into.

Rastapopolos
2014-09-04, 08:50 AM
Get a cast of delay death, cut yourself open, put it over one of your ribs, heal yourself..... Profit?

ahhh dammit missed the light thing... Sovereign Glue a pellet of Liquid sunlight to it before you start?

Miss Disaster
2014-09-04, 11:55 AM
First of all, a simple repeated application of Nystul's Magic Aura will remove the glaringly powerful magic aura that comes from the ring. At 1 Day/Caster Level, you wouldn't have to cast this 1st level spell very often.

Second, have a permanent Invisibility spell cloaking the magic ring (and *then* apply Nystul's Magic Aura) will completely remove the "mundane appearing" ring from view.