PDA

View Full Version : Binding issue with the PHB

Grynning
2014-09-03, 11:20 PM
So, this week, a large section of my PHB started falling out. The binding on about 30 pages or so just wasn't firmly attached so the pages first split from the spine at the top, and tonight it came completely loose. I own a store so I'm going to see if I can get this book credited back by my distributor as defective, but I'd feel bad if this happened to any of my customers or fellow players and they didn't have a receipt or something. Has anyone else had quality issues with the binding or is this an anomaly?

Edit: Found out we can't get distributor credit after 24 hours from my business partner/general manager. But we agreed to just expense out the faulty book because I need one to do organized play at our store.

Vhaluus
2014-09-04, 12:01 AM
That's **** you can't get your money back. Here in Australia the distributor would be required by law to issue a refund as it's faulty goods.

Deox
2014-09-04, 12:53 AM
Sorry to hear about the binding. Both the books my friend and I purchased have had solid bindings. Probably just a defect that slipped through QA.

Southpaw
2014-09-04, 01:02 AM
I did have a similar issue. My binding came loose from the first page of the bard class and went through about 20 pages. I sent mine back to Wizards of the Coast and I am currently waiting on a new book to be sent to me. My local game store was nice enough to loan me a copy and I will just bring them the new book once I get it. The replacement copy I got from the store did not have the same issue and the store said I was the only one that they know of to have the binding issue, so I guess it is a rare problem thankfully.

Grynning
2014-09-04, 08:09 AM
Oddly that is around the same place my issue happened. the pages in mine are 67-98, from the druid to the sorcerer, basically. I was able to kind of "re-seat" them temporarily but they are still gradually falling out if I flip through that section. looks like it's compromised the binding before that too now because of the small gap that was there.