PDA

View Full Version : Construct Army

TeslaJr
2014-09-03, 11:36 PM
What would be the most efficient (time and resources) way to churn out a horde of constructs built for war?

Bad Wolf
2014-09-04, 12:00 AM
Leadership, maybe? Be an Artificer, take it, have your cohort take it...build an entire army of Artificers, all making golems. If you max out (ab)use magic device and have a high Charisma score, you could potentially make a Wondrous Item of Awaken Construct, and have the golems be intelligent, and thus, be able to gain class levels. Have them be Artificers...and I think you've got the idea.

Making an undead army would be easier on XP, though you'd need a ton of dead bodies. Maybe raid a cemetery?

Hope that helped. :smallsmile:

TeslaJr
2014-09-04, 12:03 AM
Heh, that'll work, though even I find Leadership trees to be a little cheesy.

Phelix-Mu
2014-09-04, 12:20 AM
Spellclocks of ice assassins of an animated object is probably the easiest way to mass-produce stuff, although quality might not be great. Resetting magical traps if spellclocks are out.

A more powerful army would involve something like ice assassins of warforged psions. Tippy has inspired much thought in this area, and it's a pretty powerful direction to go in.

Alternately, shadesteel golem is mentioned often for being good value-for-money. It appears in MM3. Would probably rely on more mundane means of producing them, but if you can arrange for cost-free wish traps, then I'm pretty sure you can wish them directly into existence. Similarly, if you have access to zodar wish spam via shapechange, wish for the golems probably works.

Also worth noting, you can get Rudimentary Intelligence on any construct that a character is personally crafting for low-bucks, giving that construct an Int score of 1/2 the creator's caster level. Obviously, it's very easy to abuse that formula.

Dominuce2112
2014-09-04, 08:04 AM
Id see if your DM will allow it if you make it work thru more RP means than in game mechanics. For example, I was in a campaign that had a dwarven town that was heavily guarded by constructs. If I took over that town, or found the central device that controlled them, Id have my own army to use (out of combat obviously)

On a side note, is that Killua as your icon to the guy above me?

TeslaJr
2014-09-04, 08:07 AM
Id see if your DM will allow it if you make it work thru more RP means than in game mechanics. For example, I was in a campaign that had a dwarven town that was heavily guarded by constructs. If I took over that town, or found the central device that controlled them, Id have my own army to use (out of combat obviously)

In that case, I'll see if I can grab a few of those Creation Forges House Cannith has.

Phelix-Mu
2014-09-04, 02:36 PM

Indeed it is. One of my favorite manga/anime characters out there, from a truly excellent manga (the various animes have been decent, but the manga was inspired and incredibly rich in detail and...well, pretty much everything one could want from that particular genre). I'm eternally sad that updates are so slow; I've intentionally stopped following it for like four years now just so that there is a good stack of chapters when I go back to read it again.

Back on topic, it would help to know a bit more about exactly what the goals are for these constructs, as constructs overall can fill a wide variety of roles.