PDA

View Full Version : Artificer's Craft Reserve and the Thought Bottle

TeslaJr
2014-09-04, 07:18 AM
The section on the Craft Reserve says that it's refilled whenever the Artificer gains a new level, so I was wondering if after using up your reserve and dropping a few levels from using actual XP, if you used the Thought Bottle to bring you back to where you were ("gaining" a level or however many), would your craft reserve refill?

Psyren
2014-09-04, 08:50 AM
Would those truly be "new" levels if you are getting them back after having had them previously?

TeslaJr
2014-09-04, 08:58 AM
Would those truly be "new" levels if you are getting them back after having had them previously?

You're not really getting the levels, you're getting the experience to get those levels. The way I see it it's like getting experience from an encounter. And level loss from item creation counts as true level loss, right?

EDIT: If you get dropped a level, when you gain a new one, can you take a different class level than what you had before?

Graypairofsocks
2014-09-04, 09:03 AM
The section on the Craft Reserve says that it's refilled whenever the Artificer gains a new level, so I was wondering if after using up your reserve and dropping a few levels from using actual XP, if you used the Thought Bottle to bring you back to where you were ("gaining" a level or however many), would your craft reserve refill?

You can't use enough XP to lose a level in crafting/spellcasting.

TeslaJr
2014-09-04, 09:06 AM
You can't use enough XP to lose a level in crafting/spellcasting.

Are you sure? I don't remember reading anything like.

2xMachina
2014-09-04, 09:07 AM
You can, however, go kiss a succubus/touch a wight.

Psyren
2014-09-04, 09:07 AM
I believe the trick is to store your current level and then play pattycake with a wight for a while. Or something like that, I haven't read thought bottle threads in a while.