PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Does Cleric spontaneous Cure spells qualify it for Spontaneous Casting prerequisites?

Dyllan
2014-09-04, 08:21 AM
I'm specifically looking at a Kobold Dragon Disciple, with this feat:

Scaled Disciple (Kobold) Prerequisite(s): Ability to spontaneously cast divine spells, kobold.

Benefit(s): You gain a +1 bonus to your caster level when casting spells included in the dragon domain* or subdomains. Your spontaneous divine spellcasting qualifies in place of arcane casting for the dragon disciple prestige class, and you may increase spellcasting in your spontaneous divine class as you progress in dragon disciple levels. Add the bonus spells gained from the blood of dragons ability to those you can cast as divine spells.

That makes it possible to be a spontaneous divine caster as a Dragon Disciple (which means full armor, no worrying about arcane spell failure). Clerics have an ability called Spontaneous Casting, which reads: A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison or domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric of an evil deity) can't convert prepared spells to cure spells but can convert them to inflict spells (an inflict spell is one with “inflict” in its name).

A cleric who is neither good nor evil and whose deity is neither good nor evil can convert spells to either cure spells or inflict spells (player's choice). Once the player makes this choice, it cannot be reversed. This choice also determines whether the cleric channels positive or negative energy (see channel energy).

So, as a Kobold with that feat, can I go Cleric 5/Dragon Disciple 10/Cleric 5? In theory, I should be able to do the same with Druid's spontaneous summons, if it works for Cleric.

duboisjf
2014-09-04, 09:36 AM
You qualify ... but wont get profit for it

I think there is a difference between an ability to spontaneously cast divine spells (requirements) and want you get from the prestige class : "and you may increase spellcasting in your spontaneous divine class "

So even if cleric give the ability to spontaneously cast divine spells, it's not a "spontaneous divine class"