PDA

View Full Version : Race Question

keeper2161
2014-09-04, 09:38 AM
So I am the race Hengeyokai (sparrow) form Oriental adventure and I was wondering what my health would be in animal form. Would I keep my health or would my health change to what a normal sparrow. I am a level 5 warlock.

Jeraa
2014-09-04, 09:43 AM
So I am the race Hengeyokai (sparrow) form Oriental adventure and I was wondering what my health would be in animal form. Would I keep my health or would my health change to what a normal sparrow. I am a level 5 warlock.

The only time a shapechanging effect should change your health is when whatever it is changes your Constitution score. So if your Con score changes when you take animal form, so will your hit points. Your number of hit dice won't change, just the hit points you gain from your Constitution modifier.

keeper2161
2014-09-04, 09:47 AM
Sweet thank you.

Khedrac
2014-09-04, 09:55 AM
Except...

With the updates to Polymorph that came late in 3.5 the change to your Con score from assuming a new form does not change your hit points. This is why the PHBII single form polymorph spells each comes with a specific hit point boost.

So, based on that argument then you don't even lose health for the sparrow having a lower Con.