PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warforged with Rapidstrikes?

Drackstin
2014-09-04, 10:55 AM
So i"m looking for a way i can get my warforged to qualify for the Rapidstrike feat.

At the moment the only thing i can see is Half-dragon. since i don't think Dragonborn lets you use this feat, only giving you the dragonblood subtype.

I"m trying to keep the LA lower the 3 because i do want to try and ass the Half-Minotaur template so i can take Warhulk.

i have found a few templates, but they have no LA so i think they are DM only. Such as Corrupted from BoVD.

Can anyone help me out?

sleepyphoenixx
2014-09-04, 11:05 AM
There are no templates that change your type to one of the required ones that are applicable to constructs afaik.
Your best bet is to take a class that changes your type. Winterhaunt of Iborighu, Elemental Archon and Elemental Savant chance your type to elemental, Fleshwarper turns you into an aberration.
Those are all spellcaster PrCs though so they're probably not the best for use with Rapidstrike.

dysprosium
2014-09-04, 11:18 AM
Primeval 10 (Frostburn prestige class) changes your type to magical beast which is a type acceptable for Rapidstrike. That's the good news.

The bad news is that Primeval has some unpopular prerequisites, one of them being BAB +8, which makes the earliest you could get Rapidstrike is Level 18.

Drackstin
2014-09-04, 11:39 AM
There are no templates that change your type to one of the required ones that are applicable to constructs afaik.
Your best bet is to take a class that changes your type. Winterhaunt of Iborighu, Elemental Archon and Elemental Savant chance your type to elemental, Fleshwarper turns you into an aberration.
Those are all spellcaster PrCs though so they're probably not the best for use with Rapidstrike.

Half-Dragon works by changing to dragon(living construct) i think that works, but i really didn't want a +4LA

the Shadow Creature template from Manual of the Planes 190 LA +2 – any corporeal creature TC: Magical Beast, but the LA is from a master template list and i can't find it in the book.

Primeval 10 (Frostburn prestige class) changes your type to magical beast which is a type acceptable for Rapidstrike. That's the good news.

The bad news is that Primeval has some unpopular prerequisites, one of them being BAB +8, which makes the earliest you could get Rapidstrike is Level 18.

that looks to be a nice class but takes way to much to get the type needed.

Darrin
2014-09-04, 11:56 AM
the Shadow Creature template from Manual of the Planes 190 LA +2 – any corporeal creature TC: Magical Beast, but the LA is from a master template list and i can't find it in the book.

LA didn't really exist when MotP was printed, so you have to check the 3.5 Update Booklet for it. That's where the LA +2 comes from, but Shadow Creature has been reprinted since then. The latest version is in Lords of Madness. In the newer version, it's still LA +2, but it can't be applied to constructs, and even if you could, it only changes animals and vermin into magical beasts. The other creature types aren't changed.

Corrupted has also been updated to 3.5 in Expedition to the Demonweb Pits, now called Corrupted by the Abyss, but "LA: --".

Half-Dragon can be taken as Savage Progression levels. Check the archives:
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/sp

Hmm. {Something with LA +2} + Incarnate Construct + Symbiotic Creature gets you an aberration with only LA+1, but I'm fuzzy on the Warforged stuff you'd lose.

Drackstin
2014-09-04, 12:20 PM
LA didn't really exist when MotP was printed, so you have to check the 3.5 Update Booklet for it. That's where the LA +2 comes from, but Shadow Creature has been reprinted since then. The latest version is in Lords of Madness. In the newer version, it's still LA +2, but it can't be applied to constructs, and even if you could, it only changes animals and vermin into magical beasts. The other creature types aren't changed.

Corrupted has also been updated to 3.5 in Expedition to the Demonweb Pits, now called Corrupted by the Abyss, but "LA: --".

Half-Dragon can be taken as Savage Progression levels. Check the archives:
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/sp

Hmm. {Something with LA +2} + Incarnate Construct + Symbiotic Creature gets you an aberration with only LA+1, but I'm fuzzy on the Warforged stuff you'd lose.

I think if i stick with Half-Dragon i would just use LA buyoff rather then Savage progression. i would like to stick to warforged, since using the incarnate would make him a humanoid and lose the abilities i need rapidstrikes for.

Corrupted looked nice, wish i could have used it.