PDA

View Full Version : The Pledge of Time (IC)

ShadowDragon
2014-09-04, 12:20 PM
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/february/loadscreen-endtime-full.jpg

We all remember the day... The day the sky turned black with smoke and ashes. Soon after that everything came down on us, reports of catastrophe came from all cities. Orgrimmar had been all swallowed by its underground volcano, Ragefire Chasm, in the wake of battle between Garrosh's orcs and Sen'jin's revolutionary Horde. Dark Iron dwarves came with their Twilight allies sweeping over Ironforge, Gnomeregan and Stormwind. The Scourge came from up north, raining death upon Silvermoon and Undercity. Both Nordrassil and Teldrassin burnt to crisps under the fires of Ragnaros, as did most of northern Kalimdor... Cataclsym was upon the world.

So few were left, news from distant family or friends were scarce, all armies were scattered and lacking leaders, opposing such strengthened forces amassed against them. The time has come where the great war between the Alliance and the Horde meant so little, but who could imagine that these would be the circumstances? We managed only to do what we needed to do in order to survive... And so few of us managed to.

The Wanderer
War raged as the Cataclysm begun, Lady Sylvanas Windrunner continued her blind effort to defend her people, foolishly. Undercity quickly fell under thousands of Scourge troops coming from Northrend and the Plaguelands, somehow the Cataclysm had sparked something from the new Lich King, like lighting an old flame anew. Seeing the city completely destroyed, the Wanderer, as he called himself, sought help from other Forsaken while carrying the corpse of his sister. As they fled Tirisfal Glades towards north, city after city, the Bulwark fell, then Andorhal resisted for weeks, but eventually perished, and the survivors fled to the Ghostlands, seeking help from their elven allies.
Durandi Silverblossom
The loss of her noble life quickly instructed new needs upon the newly-appointed priestess, as her superiors quickly directed her south to help the effort against the Scourge leftovers and Dar'khan in the Ghostlands. Though the high elf traitor was eventually defeated, shortly after that another gigantic attack came from north, all contact with Silvermoon was lost and the elves in Tranquillien left without leader or orders. As scouts confirmed the infestation of Silvermoon by the Scourge, Dame Auriferous ordered all to retreat, to seek shelter elsewhere.
Group 1 (Durandi, the Wanderer)
Upon reaching Tranquillien, a small force of blood elves and undead was gathering, leaders from both sides refused to die along with their zealous brethren, they managed to steal a Night Elven ship on an small island west of the Ghostlands, and were to sail west, to Kalimdor, crossing the unstable Maelstrom. Under the coordinated leadership of Dame Auriferous and High Executor Mavren, the survivors managed to cross the ocean after weeks of storms, reaching the northern shore of Dustwallow Marsh with a ship damaged beyond repair, using the cover of the swamp's mist to hide themselves from strange dragons that soared the area. The survivors step out of the ship to see the silent black swamp.

High Executor Mavren steps out of the ship for a brief moment, then turning back at his crew and analyzing each one, "This is Dustwallow Marsh, we're close to Theramre and it's clear that the marvelous gift Deathwing sent out way hit here too...", Mavren pauses for a moment, looking at his troops with a miscreant raised eyebrow, "We need to know what's going on here, you, you...", he points his bony finger at the Wanderer, Durandi, and a couple of other warriors among them, "Get your gear and stride out, I'm expecting a detailed report of the surrounding area within an hour!"

Kahlen
The fires from Nordrassil spread through almost the whole northern Kalimdor forest, from Moonglade to Ashenvale, while the Dryad, along with many others, fled south, she dreamed of a calling, Naralex, the druid, needed her south of there, in the middle of the newly divided Barrens, where the Nightmare from the Emerald Dream was managing to sprawl away into our reality. Reaching Naralex was easy, but the creatures that forced themselves through the portals were strengthened by the Cataclysm and they were eventually unable to contain them, as Deathwing's madness reached its peak in the core of the world, the Nightmare set itself loose upon the Barrens, Naralex was killed by monstrous swamp things.
Hanook
The clanless tauren was used to striding through the Barren plains, facing the Razormane and whatever challenges the land had to offer, rarely staying at a place for too long, but he was in Taurajo when it was destroyed, as everything else in the Barrens seemed to want to follow its path soon enough. The Cataclysm changed the landscape severely, but that didn't stop the tauren, travelling north and south, seeking rest after challeng and challenge after rest, he eventually stumbled upon a great ritual as a group of druids tried to stop corruptive energies from entering our world. He stepped in when they failed miserably, unable to contain the corruption, the druids fell and the tauren managed to save one, which fled with him towards the shore, leaving the barrens.
Group 2 (Hanook, Kahlen)
The Dryad barely managed to flee, helped by the stranger Tauren, the duo fled east towards the coast, entering Dustwallow Marsh from the north, reaching the black swamp covered in a thick mist, unsure of what laid ahead of them. While stepping into the moist area, both of them, sensitive by nature, perceive an oppressive aura, destructive, corruptive, dominating the whole area. Almost invisible, few diminutive sparks of red-purplish energy can be seen by their acute eyes floating on the mist and on the ground. Neither feel right about this, but a quick look back, seeing the sprawling nightmare in the distance sheds any doubt of which way to go.

Melen Stormdancer
Theramore enjoyed peace for little time as the Cataclysm started. One stressed day, mixing substances almost felt automatic as news came from the impacts of the Cataclsym hour after hour, but one quick glance over the window between pouring a fluid over another saw it coming. Forces of the Horde under the command of Garroth Hellscream dropped the blood elf creation, the Manabomb, from a goblin zeppelin. The city was in ruins in a matter of seconds, the big explosion was deafening and the half-elf barely survived in the wreckage, confused as he dodged falling debris making his way towards the swamp. As Jaina Proudmore went to Dalaran, Theramore's survivors fled to the neighbor lands, trying to survive, and as Cataclysm struck its final blow, a thick fog settled in and strange dragons soared the skies from dawn to dusk in Dustwallow Marsh.
Tuyei
Leaving the Wandering Isle seemed natural for many pandaren in this time of conflict, though not expecting when to see her family and friends again did took a hit at Tuyei's soul. The young pandaren left in a small ship, along with others of their kind, guided by one of them who had already visited the human lands, speaking of wonders such as their fortresses and cities. On their way to Theramore, although rumors of the Cataclysm had already been heard by their ears, no unexpected events affected their vessel during their journey, as they quickly made their way to the human city. Though in an unfortunate time, just as Tuyei threw their rope to a dockhand nearby, they saw a zeppelin hovering aboard, dropping a strange artifact, sparkling with energy. The explosion followed, a big bright light, filled with pieces of the city itself, flung away from its center, the pandaren dropped back into the sea, her vision darkened. Waking several hours later, it was night already, she was being carried by two of their kind, following a group of the humans from that area, away from a destroyed stronghold and into the husk of a ship washed ashore.
Group 3 (Melen, Tuyei)
A small group of survivors from Theramore gathered in the swamps, fleeing north towards Northwatch Hold for help, the group finds the stronghold destroyed, seeking shelter at the husk of “The Lady Mehley”, a ship which sinked and washed ashore during the Cataclysm. The survivors, under the leadership of Captain “Stash” Torgoley, have been fighting murlocs and pirates for days, but their supplies are nearly spent.
Captain Stash stands up and steps forward in the middle of the group as they gather closer for heat around a small camp fire, "Alright folks! We can't stay like this any longer! We're dying 'ere and our last few oysters aren't gonna last past this night. We need to get into the swamp, grab supplies so we can last a few more days, then get the damn out of here before this Cataclysm swallows is whole!", another human stands up, First Mate Kowalski, putting a hand on Stash's shoulder, "I'll go, I need a few braves with me, we hopefully won't take long, and come back in one piece.", he looks at the others, while no one stands up, Kowalski keeps looking at the group with a grim look, shaking his head and then turning around to the swamp. Will he go alone?

All
The sky is dark with fog and ashes coming from far north, the black swamp is made darker by a thick mist that fills the air, the roar of dragons can be heard from time to time up above. Surviving is harder each day.

Dame Auriferous
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070121084539/wowwiki/images/9/9a/Dame_Auriferous.jpg

High Executor Mavren
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070121023623/wowwiki/images/7/71/High_Executor_Mavren.jpg

Captain "Stash" Torgoley
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081026215931/wowwiki/images/thumb/0/0c/Captain-stash.jpg/200px-Captain-stash.jpg

First Mate Kowalski
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080929131741/wowwiki/images/thumb/b/b9/Firstmate-kowalski.jpg/200px-Firstmate-kowalski.jpg

Deathguard Simmers
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060805213713/wowwiki/images/thumb/c/c6/Deathguard_Simmer.jpg/200px-Deathguard_Simmer.jpg

Ramsus
2014-09-04, 02:14 PM
((When talking in Gutterspeak I'll use < > as opposed to " " which will be for common.))

<S'right Sir!> The Wanderer replies to Mavren and gives a sharp(ish) salute before getting up and donning his helmet. As he gets off the ship he turns to the blood elf and asks in common, "Don't suppose you happen to have a horse stuffed under those robes do ya Fancy?"

Lt. Tibbles
2014-09-04, 08:25 PM
Melen picked himself up with his staff brushing off his robes before speaking, "I'll go with you sir, I've spent some time in the marshes before, gathering ingredients for my alchemical work and the thought of starving to death and scavenged by murlocs does not sit well with me. Anyone else feel like trying to help?" The half-elf raised his hands looking around at the rest of the refugees expectantly.

Beige
2014-09-04, 08:50 PM
Swamps where interesting. They where full of all sorts of life, from insects to amphibians to this one giant crocilisk she'd spotted, of such wondrous colors and varied scents and a myriad of new experiences. Durandi Silverblossom knew she had so much to learn about this wonderous place, but as she stepped of the remains of their boat and saw her fine if somewhat frayed slippers sink into the sludge, she determined one little piece of vital information ; She did not like Swamps. Not one little bit.

The high executioner barked some orders in gutterspeak to the assembled survivors, with Durandi straining to catch his words; she knew gutterspeak was a variant of standard alliance common, and she was magnificent with that tongue as with all civilized speech, but she could never get the hang of Gutterspeak - must be because she had a lower jaw, she guessed.

Realizing his intent, she took a moment to check her robes where in order, strapped the longsword she had been given to her belt, and took the one long step from the solid ground of the ruined boat into the swamp.

"Don't suppose you happen to have a horse stuffed under those robes do ya Fancy?" asked one of the forsaken, a rather delightful fellow who had so far vexxed her by refusing to contribute a name, only a title.

"If only, skipper; the one thing the order provided in that department is something rather out of your reach." she said with a slight laugh "Though maybe I can do something about this accursed fog in place of a gallant steed"

Durandi focused for a second, thinking of the fireflies that had made the night sky of her lost homeland so beautiful, and conjured a phantasm of one; a flickering ball of light that flittered around her upturned hand

"Now, I feel we should begin our exploration... this way." she said cheerfully, ignoring the feel of turgid water sloshing around with every step, and picked a direction at random.

cast Light cantrip on my gloves

Ramsus
2014-09-04, 10:50 PM
The Wanderer shrugged and plodded through the water that was more than ankle deep in some places, and tried to ignore the sucking sound every time a boot pulled out of the mud, in the direction the blood elf had chosen as one direction was as good as any and he figured she would feel more comfortable if she thought she was in charge. Maybe that would help abate the irritation she would soon have at her robes being dirtied or what have you. In truth it wasn't like he enjoyed being dirty or wet either and rather than judge the elf too harshly for being different, he had always been somewhat enamored of the elven races. Not that being a dead human was doing him any favors as far as that went and he thought it was one of those parts of himself that would have been better off staying dead.

Once they were out of sight of the boat, and thus not likely to get snapped at by a superior (if such ranks even mattered anymore) for chatting when he was "on the job", he slowed his pace until he matched the elf's and got closer to say, "So I don't think I caught your name and it won't do for me to be calling you Fancy all the time. All your kin would think I was talking to them too."

Beige
2014-09-05, 10:09 PM
"I guess that makes sense - some of my people do have a problem with understatement" replied durandi, in her decorated silk robes and scale mail polished so compulsively it shined "I am the lady Durandi Silverblossom, or Silvermoon city - I won't bore you with the full title, it's a tad long. And you, bones. Any name, or just a title?" she asked ruefully, slowing down to sidestep a frog and being rewarded with icy water.

Ramsus
2014-09-06, 12:42 AM
"Nice to get acquainted with you Lady Silverblossom. I'd prefer you do as my forsaken kin do, they call me the Wanderer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVzU--Qp5fE)." At this point he holds out his hand to shake. (If Durandi examines the hand, it's not at all gross. Just somewhat on the thin and really pale side.)

Beige
2014-09-07, 09:49 AM
"A pleasure for me as well, Wanderer - Though please call me Durandi, Lady Silverblossom is my Aunt - Light bless her Soul - and I'm a century too you for a fine gentleman such as yourself to call me Lady anything" Replied Durandi with a smile, taking the wanderers hand and giving it a firm shake.

She took a moment to look around her surrounding, rather than just continue to head into the unknown, even if she had chosen it - it would not do to get lost and be unable to return to camp. But as she looked around, Durandi realized she didn't even know exactly what they where looking for - she'd assumed it had been people or places, but what if it had been to identify danger, or gather supplies? did the forsaken even eat? She'd never bothered to ask, which bothered her now she thought about it. Still, she resolved to get a good look at everything she could see so she didn't miss anything

"Say, not to sound silly, but what - pray tell - does scouting actually entail?" She asked sweetly

Perception to see if I can see anything interesting [roll0]
Nature to see if I can identify anything helpful about the plant life from things I've read in the past etc [roll1]

Ramsus
2014-09-07, 02:32 PM
For his part the Wanderer tried to avoid crushing any of Durandi's beautifully delicate fingers with his cool hand that was far stronger than it had any natural right to be giving that it was still the skinny hand of a teenager. The warmth was pleasant, he noted. When she called him a gentleman he was glad that his helmet would bar anyone from seeing him blush, before he realized that he didn't blush anymore.

In reply to her question he said, "In my experience? Mostly being shot with arrows." and he gave a chuckle. He figured she'd like a serious answer as well and continued, "Generally you just want to asser-" he stops for a second, not being able to remember the word he was going to say, "uh figure out what the terrain is like, if anyone is inhabiting the area, if there are any supplies to be had, and most importantly what the threats or are. Oh and trying not to get seen by said threats and especially not leading them back to your main force if you can avoid it."

Perception to determine any of the above stated things: [roll0]

ShadowDragon
2014-09-08, 12:03 AM
While the two talked, the other two forsaken warriors followed behind, dressed in full Deathguard uniform - which went little far beyond a decaying chainmail and a dark purple hood-, silent for the most part. That silence is only broken shortly after, when one of them rudely interrupts the conversation, "You two should try to trade your pleasantries a bit louder, we're not giving off our position clearly enough here, hmm?" then shoving the Wanderer off his way, he strides quickly ahead of the two eventually enveloped by the mist, moving deeper into the swamp while the other Deathguard approaches the two, staring at them silently and waiting.

Both of you are kind of unsure what to do or expect, the thick mist is distraction enough in itself to make noticing anything else much harder. The local flora has lost much of its movement, even the low amount of insects feels weird for this swamp.
But mist aside, you do manage to notice one thing, after focusing for a long moment on the mist. Unusual for a place of Dustwallow Marsh, the water is actually flowing slowly, oozing towards the area ahead of you.

Group 3 (Melen, Tuyei)
As Melen stood, so did one of the pandaren, a female which was being carried by other two of their kind, much older than her. Her pose make her look tired, but proud and sure of herself, covered in red and white fur she uses a long staff to help her recently-woken steps ahead of the refugee group, then in a heavily-accented common, "I will go with you, humans. We share a peril in this Cataclysm, and I wish to..." she stops for a moment, scratching her forehead as if trying to remember the words, "... h-help."
Kowalski looks over his shoulder at the two and opens a large friendly smile, "Hah! I bet Deathwing felt a shiver up his spine right 'tis moment!", letting out a low laughter, followed quickly by coughing and then a quick sip of his trusty thigh-bottle. "Let's move, I bet the Manabomb didn't leave much in Theramore for us to recover, but we could try to look for scraps... Or take anything from the swap... Let's move and find out.", going ahead of the two, striding into the mist. As you move away from the camp, Kowalski starts talking again, "So, tell me, what do you two used to do before... you know... this?"

Ramsus
2014-09-08, 01:09 AM
The Wanderer looks at both Durandi and the silent Deathguard and shrugs as if to say "What are you gonna do?" in response to the other Deathguard's behavior. Then he follows the direction the water flows.

Beige
2014-09-08, 11:51 AM
"You know, maybe you should try being polite for once in your life - unlife - whatever. If you relax it might help stop your joints from creaking!" said Durandi, slightly off-put by the deathguard's behavior "I mean, the nerve of him! Ah, sorry, sir for not catching your name before, I'm Durandi, Durandi Silverblossom! I would love to spend more time to chat, but I feel it is in our best interest if we follow our companions"

Or at least follow the Wanderer - she rather hoped the other forsaken would fall into the swamp.

Rokku
2014-09-08, 03:31 PM
Kahlen gulps audibly.

"Nightmare behind us, corrupted swamp ahead of us..."

She sighs.

"Nothing to do but move forward, I suppose. Cenarius preserve us."

Carefully, she trots into the swamp.

Lt. Tibbles
2014-09-08, 11:16 PM
Melen set about into the mist following Kowalski's lead, taking quick looks at the ground every now and then to make sure he wasn't going to trip over a tree root or stick his foot down into a mud hole.

"I used to be an alchemist before all this, a pretty good one in fact if you don't mind my boasting. In fact I still have some of my instruments that I managed to save from the bombing if we come across the correct materials I might be able to brew a few things for the camp, try to keep an eye out."

The half-elf was too busy talking about himself he failed to notice the small pool of icy water his two companions had managed to step over, it sent a chill through his body. "By the light that's brisk!"

RedPanda
2014-09-09, 02:56 PM
Tuyei looks to the strange dark clouds in the sky, and steps foward to follow Kowalski and his companions, as she
approches them and hears Kowalski's question and Meleen's answer, she hopes they understand her accent.

"I used to travel this world to seek diferents cultures and fight styles that i could learn.
Now I hope to be useful to our survival"

She looks around cautiously.

ShadowDragon
2014-09-09, 06:26 PM
The first Deathguard mumbles something, his patience drawn out with all what's going on, then strides ahead of the group, following the direction of the flowing water, cutting away foliage and sticks with an axe as he goes. The other one shrugs at the first, waving his head negatively and slowly gets on track, moving along with the others, "Don't mind him... He's lost much since Brill.", he waves a lit lantern ahead, trying to make something out of the mist, unsuccessfully, "Name's Simmer, by the way, good thing we know each other's names, since we'll use them to mark graves soon enough... heh!", he continues with a sarcastic laugh (that among other things, made it clear that *something* was missing down his throat). Following the flowing water, the group slowly makes the way across the marsh, with more insects, fog, and sticks as they go. Several minutes of walk, or almost swim, since the swamp's water is well past your knees by now, the first Deathguard is no longer visible ahead, which makes Simmer somewhat aprehensive, "That fool will get himself lost, again, sooner than expected! Bah, let's hur-", a clash of metal and shouting interrupts the undead ".. Wha?! By my mother's bones! Hurry up you two!", Simmer quickly unsheathes a dull sword, running ahead into the swamp, following the direction of the sound.
NPC list updated with Simmer's image.

Group 2 (Hanook, Kahlen)
The two quickly make their way into the swamp area. No living soul can be seen through the mist, nor movement, and the marsh is unusually quiet. Kahlen trots into the marsh, but she abruptly hears an unexpected sound, a moaning, then a big *splash*, like a heavy thing being thrown into the water. Looking over her shoulder to the origin of the sound, she spots her companion, the mighty tauren, fallen into the swamp, face-down into the water, grabbing his chest and too weak to get up. Hanook manages to push himself over, rolling and laying on his back, then a wound can be seen on his chest, and the horrible thing that it spews, black blood, surrounded by purple grass and small moving tendrils, like those you've already seem on the places infested by the Nightmare. The great tauren moans in pain, trying to close the wound with his hand, but his strength is almost failing, his breath weak.

Group 3 (Melen, Tuyei)
Kowalski seems interested as both tell their stores, nodding and moving his fingers across his mustache, he says to Tuyei "I've heard legends of the pandaren's fighting style, and as much as I'd hate for us to get in trouble, I'm looking forward for a display of that... As far as fighting *styles* go, mine is simple as knowing which way to turn the pointy end of your sword, ha!" he tries unsuccessfully to hide the grim tone of the situation, but that doesn't wipe the confident smile off his face, turning over to Melen, "So... You're a local, that's useful! You're our guide once we get into the ruins.", the group walks for some minutes, Kowalski is barely able to keep his mouth shut during the whole walk, telling stories of pirate treasures in the swamp, and how he faced a gigantic wave during the Cataclsym (all with the best of smiles). You eventually reach the city's surroundings, debries thrown by the explosion permeate the area, all with a strange shine, sometimes you can see a purple smoke briefly cover the ground in some areas for just a moment, as Melen's high elven blood tinges with the heavy presence of magic permeating the whole area even days after the explosion. Kowalski draws his scimitar and is finally silent, looking concentrated and analyzing the ruins ahead as the group hides behind a tree, "Here we go, keep close and keep your eyes open, we have no idea what might be looting the city already, but I'd bet my dinner we'll see some darned murlocs around!"

All
A loud thunder cracks far off east from the ocean, the winds grow in strength, the sky darkens as the night approaches and rain slowly starts to fall, the roars heard from the sky cease.

Ramsus
2014-09-09, 07:21 PM
The Wanderer pulls two hand-axes off his belt and says to Durandi, "Just try and stay behind me." before running after Simmer, not really having the time to say more and hoping she got the implication that he'd try and keep her safe, rather than that he was telling her not to get in his way.

Rokku
2014-09-09, 08:26 PM
Kahlen pauses, but only for a moment. She's seen this before. There was no saving him now.

She tears off into the swamp, tears welling up in her eyes.

Lt. Tibbles
2014-09-09, 11:19 PM
Melen gripped his staff tightly as the shattered city came into view no matter how many times he thought about what had happened here, it didn't lessen the horror he felt upon witnessing the destruction the horde had brought upon his home, his people. "Vendel'o eranu....I never thought the Horde would be capable of such evil, Lady Jaina should never have trusted the orcs they only bring fury and destruction..." Melen grows silent for a moment lost in his thoughts before the thunder snaps him to his senses he turns his head to the east. "Storm coming in?"

RedPanda
2014-09-10, 11:41 AM
Tuyei was fascinated with Kolwalski's pirate stories, but now she was wondering what these murlocs could be. After she saw her companions preparing themselves to a imminent combat, she pulls her staff to be prepared for anything that could hurt them.

Beige
2014-09-10, 05:03 PM
"Right behind you, sir wanderer" said Durandi, quickly drawing the shield from her back but leaving her sword in it's scabbard, before following the two forsaken as quickly as she could.

ShadowDragon
2014-09-13, 07:12 PM
You follow Simmers through the marsh, rushing through the water as it goes deeper reaching your waist, moving turns to be a little harder, but Simmers pushes through, grunting as he moves bushes out of his way. You eventually reach a clearing, the water seems disturbed, bubbly, the sound must have originated from here, but there is nothing to be found. Moving around the area, Simmers eventually, stumbles and falls over something invisible in the water. Quickly reaching and pulling the thing up out of the water, Simmers stands up with the other Deathguard's body on his arms and a grim look on his face... The Deathguard coughs up water and black blood out of his mouth as he tries to speak, his strength draining out of his body, "Damned cowards! *cough* the bastard had me surrounded... Some... C-cultists or anything, donning purplish robes... *cough* I managed to hurt one of them really bad, I'm sure he... W-won't make it much longer... They went *cough* t-that way..." as he raises a bloody bony finger pointing south east, Simmer nods and puts the body over his shoulder as gently as he can, saying "Find them! I'll get him to the ship, report to Mavren and bring whatever possible reinforcements back here! Go!". Simmers quickly turns around and heads back to the ship.

Group 2 (Kahlen)
As the dryad moves deeper into the swamp, her sharp ears quickly take note of something, piercing through the sound of the rain growing heavier as time passes, the sound of... voices, rushing through the marsh in a group, keeping the distance, she is able to see a group of humanoid, varied races, even those who'd fight among themselves, most of the time, and most of them wearing patternized robes or armor, colored in purple or black and with cowls covering their faces. One of them moves ahead, a human, showing his face with a proud grin as he runs, heavy staff in hand and robes flowing despite the mud, he commands "Quickly, you sorry lot! I won't have more of these failures in the challenges we have ahead of us!", but one of them in the back of the group trips and falls over, his hand reaching for a grave wound on his shoulder, streaming crimson over his clothing, the young orc falls to his knees in pain, the human commander hears, turns back and approaches, looks the orc over, then just turns his head over to another of his crew, nodding and turning his back as the group continues ahead, as the other warrior uncerimoniously draws his blade and pierces the orc's chest, leaving him on the ground as he follows the group. The commander's voice can be heard over the rain, heading south "No weakness, the hour approaches!". The orc gasps his final breaths as life leaks out of him.

Group 3 (Melen, Tuyei)
Kowalski cautiously enters the ruins of the city, sword in hand and sharp eyes scanning the dark silhouettes ahead, the light is dim, but you're still able to make out most of what's left of the city's structures ahead of you. But the rain gets heavier, as is quickly gets darker, Kowalski looks back at both of you and sneaks against a wall, making his way inside what's left of the most "untouched" building around (if that could be said about a half a building), the city's Inn, quickly after that, you can hear in his low voice "Clear... I think.". As you move inside, the place is pitch dark aside from what's left of the light that could go through the ruined structures at the western side, Kowalski tries to see things in the dark, but eventually gives up, grabbing his wet tools and trying to light a candle, "Think we'll have to make it past the storm in here, then look for supplies in the-...", the first mate is interrupted by what sounds somewhat like a baby, somewhat like a snake, crying from under the building. Kowlasky is visibily startled the-... Lothar's beard, we don't get a simple night, do we?" as he moves various rocks and rubble around him, only to find a wooden hatch at the floor, then he looks over at both of you as the sound is heard again, coming from under the hatch, then proceeds to grab his tools and light a candle, "... So? Sounds like just a baby, eh? Never heard any murloc like that.", as he waits for any of you two to do or say something.

Lt. Tibbles
2014-09-13, 07:58 PM
The Half-Elf kept his voice low as he spoke, "Neither have I, but could that actually be a babe down there? It seems more like a trap...though if there is a possibility that there are survivors below us we can't just leave them there." Crouching next to the hatch Melen sets his staff on the floor, digging through his pack he retrieves a torch and lights it with a wave of his hand before grabbing a dagger from his belt. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take a peak inside, what say you friend?" He looked towards the Pandaren seeking her input.

Casting Prestidigitation to light the torch.

Ramsus
2014-09-13, 08:14 PM
The Wanderer nods, as he would have suggested the exact same course of action. Now that there was no need to rush and they were alone, he decided the pair of them should take things slow and cautiously. He turned to Durandi and told her, "Ok, let's try not to crash right into a mob of crazed cultists if we can avoid it. You should probably trail behind me a ways so that if they spot me, they might still miss you." Then he starts moving south east. After a taking a few steps he pauses to say to her, "No need to call me sir, I never was an officer and you'd probably still outrank me if our peoples compared notes even if I was."

(Yeah I know we both probably have disadvantage to stealth checks, but that's not a reason to not be trying IC.)

Stealth
[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: lol, ouch.

Beige
2014-09-14, 02:02 PM
"But your the brave knight helping to keep us all safe, Sir Wanderer." said Durandi with a hint of mischief in her voice, clicking her fingers to dispell the floating light and falling into step - no need to give away their position.

dismissing Light cantrip
attempting stealth...
[roll0]
[roll1]
failing stealth!

Ramsus
2014-09-14, 02:39 PM
The Wanderer gives a soft chuckle at that and proceeds to move farther ahead.

Rokku
2014-09-15, 10:34 AM
Kahlen freezes, uncertain of what to do. She should run, she should get to safety, but whatever these people were going to do couldn't be good...

But what could she do about it alone?

RedPanda
2014-09-15, 02:01 PM
Even though Tuyei knows that something could be wrong with this baby cry, her sense of loyalty couldn't let her companion go there by himself without help. She grabs her staff, look at him and says:

"I wouldn't let you go inside that place alone, you have my weapon and fists."

ShadowDragon
2014-09-16, 11:01 AM
You move on ahead, in the opposite direction the Deathguards went, the water level remains the same, but the amount of debris, twigs and tree branches thwart all your attempts at hiding your presence with loud cracks and splashing, while birds fly away, making it even more obvious. As you make your way into the swamp, nothing really gives any sense of trail or the presence of the alleged group, until you reach the marsh's western border, the way up across the mountains to the southern Barrens. The water at this point reaches only your shins, and the surrounding area would be much drier, if it wasn't for the storm. Further down the path, you finally spot something out of the brown-grayish colors of the swamp, a flick of purple and green, a young orc lying against a tree, trying to hold his breath, looking heavily wounded, any could say those would be his final moments. Further away beyond the place where the orc lies, you manage to spot another silhouette, one of lighter green and purple hues, and less humanoid form, sharpening your eyes, you can see a dryad, but you can barely believe it, what would one of Cenarius' children be doing there? As you spot her, the orc appears to be talking to her from a distance.

Group 2 (Kahlen)
As you stand unsure of what to do, the orc pushes himself back against a tree, trying to breathe, he glances back at you, then turning back forward, sighing and laughing as the blood drools along with the rain, both from his tusked mouth and from his wounds, spreading on the water below him, "My hour has come... *cough* But mark my words, fairy, yours isn't far." then goes of in a maniac blood-coughing laughter, weakening quickly into rasp breathing, as the orc lowers his head.

Group 3 (Melen, Tuyei)
Kowalski runs his hand along his mustache, raising one eyebrow in a perplex look, then looking at Melen and nodding, "Well, well, traps DO have a reward in the end, right? ", then, with a smile on his face, he lifts the hatch, revealing a pitch black room under the inn, the torch, from where it is, barely manages to light the room's dusty floor, filled with fallen supplies and furniture, but even with the storm outside, the crying comes again... louder. Kowalski looks at the open hatch, then back at you with eyes wide open and a smile "After you, ladies and gentlemen."

Ramsus
2014-09-16, 01:41 PM
The Wanderer walks up to the pair, fairly sure that a dryad and a dying orc aren't the threat the deathknights had encountered or if so there was only one dryad to fight against himself and his companion. Weapons still drawn, he greets them in common and then gutterspeak to see if they speak either language. "Hello." <Yo>.

Beige
2014-09-16, 05:23 PM
"well, those aren't cultist - not a hideously gaudy robe in sight. We must've scared them off with all the twigs and whatnot" said durandi, with a self-conscious laugh at their prior stealth attempts. "Still, duty calls"

With that, she picked up her pace, passing The Wanderer and the dryad with a quick hello, before placing her hands on the fallen Orc, and inspecting his wounds to see if there was aught she could do to help - a prayer on the tip of her tongue if needs be "And...there we go. So, what brings you folks to this desolate branch of the world? you wouldn't know where a girl could get a cool drink around here would you?"

Attempt to stabilize t'orc if possible. If not but still alive, will got for cure wounds instead
medicie roll: [roll0]

Lt. Tibbles
2014-09-18, 10:11 PM
Melen stared pensively down the hatch then at Kowalski and Tuyei, "Ahem, well no risk no reward I believe is the saying see you too at the bottom." Melen stealed himself for the jump "Anu belore dela'na..." he whispered before dropping into the dark.

RedPanda
2014-09-19, 02:10 PM
After Tuyei sees Melen throw himself into the darkness, she looks at Kowoalski and sighs, "Here we go", and jumps after Melen.

ShadowDragon
2014-09-19, 02:52 PM
Group 1 (Durandi, the Wanderer, Kahlen)
The orc lay there, his head hangs looking down as his blood drools from his mouth, as Durandi approaches he seems almost dead, but suddenly, with strength taken from who knows where, the orc raises his head, staring in anger with deep red glowing eyes, filled with a sinister furious energy, he opens his hand, putting it over Durandi's shoulder and pushing her away from him, spitting blood, with such force that the unprepared elf falls back, sitting in the mud a few steps farther from the orc, while he curses "Keep your cursed Light away from me, elf! My hour has come, and I welcome it with honor!" the orc coughs roughly for a few seconds after this, "... heh, all of you, your hour approaches, Twilight has come...", while the red light slowly fades from his eyes, he tilts his head back, laying against the tree, closes his eyes, rests... The rain continues to spread his blood all over the mud around him.

Group 2 (Melen, Tuyei)
Both of you fall into a room, the dust over the ground jumps to the air as you enter, then Kowalski follows, covering his mouth and providing light with the torch on one hand, scimitar in the other. You can see now a long wine cellar, some of the barrels broken with the precious liquid spilled over (which nearly brings tears to Kowalski's eyes as he spots it, but he remains focused), you scare a rat or two as you arrive, they hide away among the debris of the room. Thunder blasts outside, as lightning cracks loudly from the ocean briefly lights up the room, you see a dark silhouette of rolled up clothing on one side, the crying comes again, louder, and somewhat stranger than that from a baby, coming from the same side as the folded cloth. Kowalski nods at you as he looks at that side of the room, waiting for you to go ahead.

Ramsus
2014-09-19, 04:27 PM
The Wanderer shakes his head as he puts the handaxe in his right hand back on his belt and leans over to help Durandi to her feet.

Lt. Tibbles
2014-09-22, 02:09 AM
"I'm not liking the looks of this, let's see whats under this cloth prepare yourselves." Melen swirls his hand about for a moment conjuring a ghostly hand above the "baby", he has it reach down and lift the cloth open toward the group.

Casting mage hand, if the baby is farther than 30 feet Melen will cautiously approach it until he is within range.

Beige
2014-09-23, 10:57 AM
Durandi took the offered hand, and with the Wanderer's help, pulled herself back to her feet. With a slight frown, she tried in vain to brush off some of the mud and swamp water from her robes, before giving up, frustrated.

"Well, that was certainly rude. Is a little politeness really that much to ask, or did Deathwing's rampage burn that down as well?" she complained, stomping one foot and regretting it immediately when met with a wet squelch "well, at least one gentleman survived."

back on her feet, and overher irritation at the orc, Durandi slipped her shield away, before turning to the Dryad. "Putting that aside, it is a pleasure to meet you, miss Dryad. Lady Durandi Silverblossom, and the knight of Lordaeron, Sir Wanderer, at your service, What brings you to this charming little hateful swamp?"

ShadowDragon
2014-09-24, 01:05 PM
Group 1 (The Wanderer, Durandi, Kahlen)
As the dryad stands to stupefied by the orc's death to act, the storm continues to pour down on you, the water level raises slightly, regular for a storm and the later hour at this swamp, which is now almost completely dark, which makes the mist that much worse to handle. The water continues to strangely and slowly flow, heading south. Staring at the orc's body, the dryad barely blinks, the only thing that can be heard is the rain itself...

Group 2 (Melen, Tuyei)
Kowalski shifts to the side, investigating whatever he can over the ground, around wine barrels and other furniture in the cellar. While you conjure up the spectral hand, it shines in the magically created light and slowly descends to the gently folded cloth, lifting it slowly until it is completely above the ground. The cry comes again, louder, and you can see the origin in the dark of the room's corner, a baby, high elven from the looks of it, with soft features and the race's usual glowing eyes of... yellow?! The baby seems frightened, abandoned, shaking in the near night's cold, having only little cloth and some stuffing in a small wooden basket to protect from the temperature. Briefly after, Kowalski can be heard from the other side of the room "Seems clear, folks! Lacking anything interesting too, anything at this s..." he suddenly stops talking and crouches in the room, raising a finger against his lips to shush you too, as wet footsteps can be heard above, along with a low sound, as if someone was choking while drinking something, "Mrglgrlgrlgrl..."

Lt. Tibbles
2014-09-26, 03:41 AM
"Oh my word!" Melen raced frantically toward the infant snatching the cloth from his conjured hand he picked up the infant wrapping it back up and held it close to his chest cradling it. "I'm so sorry little one please forgive me shhh.... I can't believe you've down here alone all this time." The half elf tried his best to calm the child down, he didn't seem to notice it's eyes too caught up in the situation at hand, his father's race were too few and far between ever since the scourge attacked their homelands and his race had been surrendered. He was so wrapped up in thinking about the child he almost didn't notice the sound of wet footsteps above, he looked up holding the baby just a bit closer as if trying to hit it in his arms he whispered. "Murlocs..."

RedPanda
2014-09-29, 09:03 AM
Tuyei felt sorry for that little baby, she wondered how it could be abandoned on that awful place, now she wanted to protect it while they don't find out if its parents were, somehow, alive. As the noise becomes audible, Tuyei grabs her staff and prepares herself for the angry murloc about come, and she says "Here it comes"

ShadowDragon
2014-10-02, 02:51 PM
Group 1 (The Wanderer, Durandi)
After a rather long moment of awkward silence, the dryad seems to slowly burst out of her shock, becoming aware, once again, of her surroundings, and nearly jumping at the sight of the other two arriving, which she just noticed. Calming down for a moment, she seems overwhelmed by everything that has happened, but manages to speak "Foreigners, you seem to have come a long way...", she seems to think and hesitate for a moment, Durandi is clearly able to perceive her Sin'Dorei magical aura and is suspicious of it, but continues "... I am Kahlen, of the Moonglade, came following the nature's call, for the land here weeps and bleeds, but I can't seem to help it...", she finishes, almost bringing tears to her eyes as she glances back at the road to the Barrens. Then looking back at both with a more determined face, she continues "What brings you here? This group just left one of them behind..." she glances at the orc briefly, "... and continued south, are they along with you? ... With the Horde?"

Group 2 (Melen, Tuyei)
As Melen manages to reach for the baby, he takes it in his arms, somewhat calming down his crying, feeling the warmth from his skin, feeling the... sand?! Probably from all the dust around, obviously. As you hold the baby, loud *thuds* can be heard from behind, their scales shining under Kowalski's torch light and bright eyes gleaming in the dark, four adult murlocs drop from the hatch above, gurgling their sounds and snarling as they ready their makeshift spears to attack their prey: You. "Mmmrgrlgrlgr!"

Tuyei (+3): [roll0]
Melen (+2): [roll1]
Murlocs (+2): [roll2]

Combat grid on my signature.

Ramsus
2014-10-02, 04:08 PM
"Well.... they didn't come with us. Went to the south you say?" the Wanderer comments, mostly looking to Durandi to see what she's going to do here.

Lt. Tibbles
2014-10-05, 07:40 PM
"Damn, don't let them surround you!" Melen quickly canjured a small ball of fire in his hand before launching it at the closest murloc. The elf then retreated back toward the other side of the room.

Firebolt [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Moving 30 feet south