PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Making Doctor McNinja (Epic Level?).

The Vagabond
2014-09-04, 02:17 PM
So, if you've never heard, Dr McNinja is a webcomic named after the Ninja Doctor of the same name. He's a Ninja Doctor. What I want to know is, how would one go about making Doctor McNinja's skillset in 3.5/PF?

You can make him however you like, but I would generally prefer level 20-30, Gestalt is optional. Class, feat, and maneuver flavor can be re fluffed to my liking, I just want to find something that is mechanically like Doctor Mcninja.

Minor Edit: Alright, I have a decent explanation for Pathfinder, now I just need one for 3.5
Everyone, GO!

Raven777
2014-09-04, 07:35 PM
In my mind, the best match for Dr. McNinja would be an Investigator (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator) (Sleuth archetype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/archetypes/paizo---investigator-archetypes/sleuth)) to play the detective angle. Else, you could always go with an actual Ninja (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja), but they're more about classic shadow warrior tropes (bombs, martial arts, shurikens, Ki pool). Sadly, I don't think there's a class that mix both angles like McNinja does (which, in hindsight, is kinda what makes Dr. McNinja so original in the first place: he's a modern Sherlock Holmes who's also a Ninja).

grarrrg
2014-09-04, 07:40 PM
So, if you've never heard, Dr McNinja is a webcomic named after the Ninja Doctor of the same name. He's a Ninja Doctor. What I want to know is, how would one go about making Doctor McNinja's skillset in 3.5/PF?

Punpun.
No. Seriously. There is literally no other way to cram in all the awesome you need without resorting to Punpun level antics.

Zanos
2014-09-04, 07:41 PM
How about a Vivisectionist Chirugeon Alchemist?
Gets sneak attack and healing infusions. I haven't read a lot of Doctor McNinja so I'm not sure about his exact abilities.

Raven777
2014-09-04, 08:18 PM
How about a Vivisectionist Chirugeon Alchemist?
Gets sneak attack and healing infusions. I haven't read a lot of Doctor McNinja so I'm not sure about his exact abilities.

The problem with Chirurgeon is that McNinja's not so much about curing illness as he is about punching it straight.

Snowbluff
2014-09-04, 08:35 PM
He's not an investigator. Investigators are incompetent. Alchemist/Vivisectionist has it about right.

I'd say he's around level 50, though.

grarrrg
2014-09-04, 08:48 PM
I'd say he's around level 50, though.

That depends, how many clones did he split himself into and then re-integrate? Did they ever give a number?
I'd say (at least) 1 level for each clone.

The Vagabond
2014-09-04, 09:14 PM
That depends, how many clones did he split himself into and then re-integrate? Did they ever give a number?
I'd say (at least) 1 level for each clone.

A quick google search reveals there's probably 75 scientific fields of study, not including subfields, like human and avian biology (Which I believe are lumped with Biology).