PDA

View Full Version : Getting 9th level spells as a StP Erudite

TeslaJr
2014-09-04, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure if I've already asked this question (I looked but I didn't see anything), but I was wondering how, if at all possible, a StPE could convert 9th level spells into powers.

Werephilosopher
2014-09-04, 06:13 PM
Since spells are counted as discipline powers, take Favored Discipline (spells) by exchanging Psicrystal Affinity.

Psyren
2014-09-04, 08:03 PM
It's easy post-epic:

Epic Spell Levels
Epic spells have no fixed level. However, for purposes of Concentration checks, spell resistance, and other possible situations where spell level is important, epic spells are all treated as if they were 10th-level spells.

Psionic characters take the Epic Manifestation feat, which works just like the Epic Spellcasting feat.

Thus Epic Powers are 10th level, which allows you to learn discipline powers (and therefore spells) up to 9th level as soon as you develop one. Make the cheapest one you can so you can do it right away.

TeslaJr
2014-09-04, 10:41 PM
It's easy post-epic:

Thus Epic Powers are 10th level, which allows you to learn discipline powers (and therefore spells) up to 9th level as soon as you develop one. Make the cheapest one you can so you can do it right away.

Any way to do it pre-epic? I'm not sure if our game will tick past level 20.