PDA

View Full Version : Optimization A Wacky Combination: Symbiote Template + Bar In A Jar

newsman77
2014-09-04, 06:35 PM
So I have this crazy idea and I'm not sure how to build it. Maybe you can help?

It's a warforged character, who will use Symbiote Template from Savage Species and Brain In A Jar from Libris Mortis.

The concept is "He's the brains of the operation... literally!" With a little re-fluff, I'd like to have the "Guest" be some kind of construct tiny brain inside the head of the "Host" Warforged. Imagine like a Total Recall moment (The woman's head opens up and there's Arnold.) It seems worth it to take the +1 LA.

We're level 8 by the way. My two questions would be a) Is to too powerful to take Brain in the Jar, refluff undead to construct... and add the Greentouched Template to make it mechanically work. Then b) Would the Brain In A Jar every level up... as the host does... or is it just a static entity?

Sgt. Cookie
2014-09-04, 07:54 PM
Warforged can't take the Symbiote Template. They're Constructs. I suppose you COULD apply the Incarnate Construct template, but then the whole point of BEING a Warforged is null and void. *Shrugs*.

To answer B: I don't think it does, no. The "guest" is no longer a separate creature, so it can't gain levels independently.

newsman77
2014-09-04, 11:52 PM
Warforged can't take the Symbiote Template. They're Constructs. I suppose you COULD apply the Incarnate Construct template, but then the whole point of BEING a Warforged is null and void. *Shrugs*.

To answer B: I don't think it does, no. The "guest" is no longer a separate creature, so it can't gain levels independently.

You're totally right. Oh well, there goes that idea.