PDA

View Full Version : Old Ways OOC IV

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Matthew
2016-05-22, 09:06 PM
As I say, I am not that bothered. If the banded mail was dwarf size then Nathros would certainly contest it, as his relatively low hit points, two handed weapon, and front line fighter duties necessitate maximising his AC through armour and banded mail +4 would be a three point improvement from AC 3(2) to AC 0(−1). Definitely worth arguing over! Way back at the start of this campaign Nathros was a sword, shield and spear type, but his magical pole axe +4 has dominated ever since it was acquired. His sword, shield, and dagger (never mind his mace or hand axe!) have seen virtually no use since, as there has always been enough room to fight with the axe. Not that I am complaining, but it does cut down (pun intended) on what magical items are regularly useful to him.

Kish
2016-05-22, 09:25 PM
Note that armor and shields made for humans, dwarves, and elves are considered "normal-sized," while halfling equipment is counted as much smaller and giant equipment much larger. (Rules Cyclopedia, chapter 16.)

So Nathros could wear armor Penny could wear. Whether he'll get it is another question.

Matthew
2016-05-22, 09:39 PM
Ah, well, there we are then. Nathros is definitely contesting that.

"My friends, all I ask of our magical booty is the banded armour, as it would behove us indeed to see that in the thick of the fray when my axe bites that the wielder is not in turn bitten."

Roland St. Jude
2016-05-22, 11:29 PM
Note that armor and shields made for humans, dwarves, and elves are considered "normal-sized," while halfling equipment is counted as much smaller and giant equipment much larger. (Rules Cyclopedia, chapter 16.)

So Nathros could wear armor Penny could wear. Whether he'll get it is another question.That is generally true. Most armor can be used freely or easily adjusted to fit those three races and some monstrous humanoids. There are some exceptions. The special elven chain that Mycah keeps coming across, for example. It's made very specifically to elven form and possibly enchanted to limit its use.

Ah, well, there we are then. Nathros is definitely contesting that.Penny will forego her claim when Nathros speaks up. She'll choose something else from whatever is left.

Nevaera
2016-05-24, 04:53 PM
Okie dokie then. I'll alter the OOC post regarding that loot to reflect this change. ^_^

Roland St. Jude
2016-06-08, 10:55 PM
Okay folks, this game is officially on indefinite hiatus. Stay subscribed to this thread. If nothing else, it can be a place we can chat. If I get a chance to bring the game back, I'll reach out to each of you. Thank you for the good gaming. I've appreciated the chance to play with you all!

Frivolous
2016-06-09, 01:25 AM
Acknowledged. Thanks for running the game for so many years, Roland. I salute you.

Koren n'Rhys
2016-06-09, 07:36 AM
I think that's the right thing to do - we've definitely lost our momentum and/or enthusiasm, for now anyway. It has been a blast and I've certainly enjoyed playing with everyone here. A huge thank you to you, Roland, for running it - I know the time it takes. I'll stay subscribed for sure, and we'll see what happens down the line.

For me, I've gotten to a point where I have less need of an online gaming fix (though I am in one other game still). I run 5e at my FLGS on Wed nights, play in a homebrew, simplified 3E game on Tues nights (and will be running 5e for them come fall- the current DM has been "on" for 2 years and is due for a break) and just started running a 5e game online for my brother and nephew. So yeah, plenty of gaming for now. :)

Stay safe everyone!

Matthew
2016-06-09, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the good times, all! I wish that I had not been so busy towards the end, but on the other hand it was a good sort of busy, so I cannot complain really! All the best!

Gwendol
2016-06-10, 06:24 AM
Thank you Roland, it has been great!
A big thanks to all on the team as well: I came in late and was a constant liability, yet managed to get along thanks to you!
I for one will be happy to resume, if ever given the chance.

Kish
2016-06-10, 09:27 AM
Thanks for running this, Roland. It was fun.

Nevaera
2016-06-11, 10:57 AM
I had a post 3/4 done for weeks. >.>
I was sick for two of them, but I should have finished it up long ago. Sorry. :(

But it was a grand adventure for years and much appreciated - I have a great character now that I can take inspiration from for other RP gaming and many fond memories from our Play-by-Post. Thank you all for an excellent experience online.

I would also be happy to resume were this to pick up again someday. ^_^

Take care all. ^_^

Roland St. Jude
2018-10-28, 11:19 AM
I'd be interested in reviving this, if enough of you are interested...

Koren n'Rhys
2018-10-28, 04:07 PM
Hay Roland,
Been a while, hope you're doing well. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to play. New job, and I'm not at the computer all day like I was. I appreciate you reaching out though. Good luck!

Roland St. Jude
2018-10-28, 06:01 PM
Hay Roland,
Been a while, hope you're doing well. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to play. New job, and I'm not at the computer all day like I was. I appreciate you reaching out though. Good luck!Thanks for the quick response! Glad to hear from you. I'll be surprised if we can get enough of the gang back together to make it the same game, but I had to try!

I might just have to start a new BECMI/RC game.

Frivolous
2018-10-29, 12:15 AM
I'm kind of busy these days, with more work at my job leaving me more fatigued, especially on Saturday, Sunday, and often Monday. Plus I'm wrapped up in reading via Kindle.

I don't think I'd be able and/or willing to post at the rate you or the others would expect or desire, Roland. It's super-nice of you to offer, though.

I think these days I'd be much more interested in solo games, because then I'm the only one expected to post, aside from the Game Master. One of flaws I've discovered in myself is that, when I'm not the only player, I delay a bit since I'm expecting multiple other people to post. It's so much easier and simpler when I'm the only one.

Matthew
2018-10-30, 11:10 PM
Hope you are all well.

I am in a similar position to the others, I am afraid. I took a full time university lecturer position at the beginning of this year, and it is necessary for me to focus all the attention I can on that for the next few years. Plus, I now have two little children (two and four years old) that demand huge amounts of attention.

Like Koren, I very much appreciate you reaching out, Roland. It was a fun game with fun people, and I enjoyed role-playing Nathros the dwarf fighter in your take on the Known World.

Nevaera
2018-10-31, 01:34 PM
Happy Halloween everyone! :smallbiggrin:

I loved my character, the bonds between her and her allies, and all our progress/items/abilities. It was a really enjoyable game.
I guess I wish we'd got to play through a little more wrap up back then, but we were all petering out at the time, I believe.

I also really appreciate you reaching out, Roland.
It's a generous offer - DMing is hard, but the adventures had and the stories told are a priceless experience and blessing to those who are fortunate enough to indulge in this awesome gaming experience like we've shared.

Since we won't have the majority of players/characters from before, perhaps a new game with new people is best at this time, unfortunately.

My husband is currently GMing a long time campaign of ours (just wrapping up our scenario, which we began about a year ago, since we've gotten back to it) so it'll keep me settled I guess... for now. :smallwink:
I hope everyone has a great rest of the year and finds time to indulge in a little RPG anyways, in some form or another. :smallsmile:

~ Nev.

Roland St. Jude
2018-11-01, 02:23 PM
It's so nice to hear from you all. I read back through the entire game IC and OOC threads over the last week or so. It was as rich and fun and wonderful as I remembered (and probably all the more enjoyable because I could "binge" it as the kids say these days). In 35 years of gaming, it really was one of my favorites. You were also amazing with your character and world building. I kind of figured people have moved on, but I had to try.

I may start up a new BECMI/RC game, probably in January. tentatively called "New Ways." I'm not sure I can catch lightning in a bottle twice, but I'm keen to try.

You're all always welcome to join the fun. :smallamused:

Frivolous
2018-11-03, 11:25 PM
Depends a lot on expected posting rate, Roland. As before, 1-2 posts per day?

Either way, good luck with the new game when it starts.