PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Alchemist: Enhance Potion

Spore
2014-09-05, 03:40 AM
I know I could buy potions equal to my class level but I feel that discovery is far better for the fluff. Also the world - while magepunk-ish - isn't exactly blessed with a huge amount of spellcasters or magical items anyhow.

Enhance potion: A number of times per day equal to his Intelligence modifier, the alchemist can cause any potion he drinks to function at a caster level equal to his class level.

My Intelligence is 16 | +3 for the time and I play an Mr. Hyde Alchemist soon going into Master Chymist. So which three potions/day are smart to be enhanced? (they will not be consumed due to Alchemical Allocation)

I already have bought a Potion of Greater Magic Fang. I will use Shield from Extracts more and more anyway. Due to the limited amount of uses per day I would love to get hour/level or 10min/level buffs that last the entire mission/dungeon/infiltration. But short term buffs like Undead Shape or similar are also welcome. More than three choices are also smart since I should have the required potion on hand. The spells should be in the core line of books (ACG has to be requested).

My ideas so far:
1) Greater Magic Fang
2) Fly
3) Haste (no wizard)
4) Resist Energy x4
6) Monstrous Physique II (can't use Enlarge Person due to being a Tiefling anyway)

NightbringerGGZ
2014-09-05, 05:29 PM
You don't have to prepare all of your extracts at the start of the day. So long as you can take a few minutes to prepare the extracts, simply leaving a slot or two free would be a good idea for any potions that also happen to be on your extract list. With that in mind, I'd focus on buying potions that you'll either use often or can't get as extracts.