PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Guides/hanbooks for advanced classes

Elfkin_King
2014-09-05, 06:49 AM
Are there any guides/handbooks for the advanced classes yet?
The ones I'm most interested in are the Arcanist and the Bloodrager.

Kudaku
2014-09-05, 09:12 AM
There are several guides currently being written, but I don't think anything's been finished to the point where the author is willing to post it yet.

I've been playing an Arcanist since ~February, when I first made him I used the GOD wizard guides as a guideline, which served me well. One thing to keep in mind is that if you pick the right exploits you can make perfectly viable arcanists without investing in charisma. As such their stat priority is about the same as a wizard.

Elfkin_King
2014-09-05, 10:28 AM
There are several guides currently being written, but I don't think anything's been finished to the point where the author is willing to post it yet.

I've been playing an Arcanist since ~February, when I first made him I used the GOD wizard guides as a guideline, which served me well. One thing to keep in mind is that if you pick the right exploits you can make perfectly viable arcanists without investing in charisma. As such their stat priority is about the same as a wizard.

Yeah, that's what I've gathered so far. :) I rolled up a character with 18, 18, 18,17, 16, 15 for stats. Figured I. might as well make one or the other.
The only bloodline I saw that didn't seem viable for the BR was the Fey. It was the only one that just seemed like it sucked at first glance.
But the Arcanist seems like a good middle ground between Sorcery and Wizardry. Best of both worlds, despite its limitations. It also seems pretty versitile.

Snowbluff
2014-09-05, 10:34 AM
Some might say you actively make an arcanist worse by investing in cha. :smalltongue:

IN general, most conventional knowledge from the parent classes should be of help, like with the arcanist.

BlackDragonKing
2014-09-05, 02:14 PM
Yeah, that's what I've gathered so far. :) I rolled up a character with 18, 18, 18,17, 16, 15 for stats. Figured I. might as well make one or the other.
The only bloodline I saw that didn't seem viable for the BR was the Fey. It was the only one that just seemed like it sucked at first glance.
But the Arcanist seems like a good middle ground between Sorcery and Wizardry. Best of both worlds, despite its limitations. It also seems pretty versitile.

18, 18, 18, 17, 16, 15? Holy crap, people at my table would kill for those numbers.

Honestly, that stat spread is wasted on the Arcanist. You could make one HELL of a shaman with those numbers, though, actually take advantage of wisdom-based casting, some charisma-based abilities, and one of the spirits offering some intelligence-based boons while using good physical stats with your 3/4ths BAB to be handy even without spells.

deuxhero
2014-09-05, 03:33 PM
I think Warpriest needs a guide the most. Blessings are uncovered and cleric spells change a lot when you can use them as a swift action. Very sad he can't get Guided Hand till level 7.

Elfkin_King
2014-09-05, 09:01 PM
18, 18, 18, 17, 16, 15? Holy crap, people at my table would kill for those numbers.

Honestly, that stat spread is wasted on the Arcanist. You could make one HELL of a shaman with those numbers, though, actually take advantage of wisdom-based casting, some charisma-based abilities, and one of the spirits offering some intelligence-based boons while using good physical stats with your 3/4ths BAB to be handy even without spells.

I don't usually get 3 18's, but I usually don't roll under 15 anymore. I'm not opposed to the Shaman, either, so I might go with that. Seems like a pretty neat class. I usually play monks or rangers, but I've just started branching out to more magical classes. But with my rolls, more MAD classes seem to be a good idea, so that I'm not waisting such good rolls. My first character didn't have a state above 13 :P same dice.

grarrrg
2014-09-05, 09:19 PM
I think Warpriest needs a guide the most. Blessings are uncovered and cleric spells change a lot when you can use them as a swift action. Very sad he can't get Guided Hand till level 7.

I was about to argue with you on the "Guided Hand at 7" point, what with Warpriest getting Bonus Combat feats every 3rd level and all that.
Then realized "oh, that's right, Paizo is incredibly inconsistent on what a 'combat' feat is".

Channel Smite, only usable in Combat > Combat feat.
Guided Hand, only usable in Combat > NOT a Combat feat. :smallsigh:
Greater Channel Smite, only usable in Combat > NOT a Combat feat. :smallsigh:

Kudaku
2014-09-05, 09:30 PM
I was about to argue with you on the "Guided Hand at 7" point, what with Warpriest getting Bonus Combat feats every 3rd level and all that.
Then realized "oh, that's right, Paizo is incredibly inconsistent on what a 'combat' feat is".

Channel Smite, only usable in Combat > Combat feat.
Guided Hand, only usable in Combat > NOT a Combat feat. :smallsigh:
Greater Channel Smite, only usable in Combat > NOT a Combat feat. :smallsigh:

I went through the exact same process. If you really want to get it online ASAP you could retrain two feats at level 4?

Elfkin_King
2014-09-29, 11:14 AM
It's been a good while since anything has been said on here, and I'm hoping that means that some new ones have popped up.
Anyone have any links yet for any guides/handbooks for the Advanced classes or any of their archetypes?