PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Feyish Sorceror Prestige classes

lytokk
2014-09-05, 09:06 AM
Are there any good prestige classes out there for Halph Nymph Sorceresses? The players in my group are starting to hit their prestige classes, but the sorcerer hasn't decided on one. I don't know if she wants to go for one or not, but if she decides to, I'd like to at least have an idea of a good class for her to go in to.

Thurbane
2014-09-05, 09:32 AM
Might seem a bit too obvious but...Wild Soul (Complete Mage, p. 84) is a good fit thematically. It's 9/10 casting advancement, so still fairly decent (10/10 being the gold standard, of course).

Maybe throw some Ruathar (Races of the Wild, p.122) in there as well? You can get early entry with Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten Spell or similar if you like.

Not sure how much mechanical benefit these will be, but both seem quite "in flavour" for the character, and aren't totally horrible as sorcerer PrCs.

nerghull
2014-09-05, 09:36 AM
Wild mage (Complete Arcane). 10/10 casting and chaos on your fights. Requires a dud feat (Magical Aptitude), but totally worth it.

lytokk
2014-09-05, 11:12 AM
Wild soul could work pretty well. She's CN, and I just have to hope she doesn't choose unseelie.

Wild mage unfortunately, beyond the skill feat, requires 4 ranks in 2 skills that are cross class for sorcerors. I really don't get why they don't get UMD as a class skill with a bonus on it for being primary casters. She could take a level in rogue to get it, but thats up to her.

Thurbane
2014-09-05, 08:09 PM
If she really wants Wild Mage, the Apprentice (Spellcaster) feat from DMG2 would add UMD to her class list, plus some other nice benefits for being a caster.

The whole Mentor/Apprentice rules from DMG2 are a little convoluted, and most people tend to simplify it as "take the feat, class skills are yours forever", but by RAW it's more complicated than that.

Baroknik
2014-09-05, 08:33 PM
Wild soul could work pretty well. She's CN, and I just have to hope she doesn't choose unseelie.

Wild mage unfortunately, beyond the skill feat, requires 4 ranks in 2 skills that are cross class for sorcerors. I really don't get why they don't get UMD as a class skill with a bonus on it for being primary casters. She could take a level in rogue to get it, but thats up to her.

4 ranks in CC skills is a standard req for PrC's, since you'd have that many at 5th level and could then enter at 6th.

Thurbane
2014-09-05, 10:11 PM
P.S. Had not heard of the Half-nymph template before. Just looked it up, seems quite nice (apart from the LA +2). Would work well for an NPC in my campaign. Cheers. :smallsmile: