PDA

View Full Version : Player Help whats better? Spellwraped warforged half-ogre, or half-dragon warforged half-monitor

Drackstin
2014-09-05, 10:38 AM
so i have been racking my brain about trying to get a warforged rapidstriks and large size. i think these might be the easiest options. if anyone else has any options let me know, but most of all what one is better?

what I'm going for is a mash of warhulk and juggernaut, maybe paladin in there and artificer for grillon's blessing and blessing for hextor for more arms, and willing deformities for more reach. a level or 2 of barbarian for pounce and trip. overall a whirlwind of death 40 feet wide of bigger.

also adding Obah-blessed and Aberrant limbs

this is just a fun build, so the is irrelevant at the moment, until i see what it can do and then make it playable.

dextercorvia
2014-09-05, 11:04 AM
None of those Templates except Half-Dragon apply to Warforged. Both set-ups require +4 LA which is usually unplayably much.

If you are up to that much LA, then Half-Goristro is probably your best bet.

Drackstin
2014-09-05, 11:52 AM
None of those Templates except Half-Dragon apply to Warforged. Both set-ups require +4 LA which is usually unplayably much.

If you are up to that much LA, then Half-Goristro is probably your best bet.

i was taking humanoid as the way the warforged was built, seeing how you can build a warforged in anyway, making it look like a ogre or minotaur should not be out of the limits of the race. but that then poses the problem of gaining giant's blood from ogre that makes spellwraped viable.

also i cant find any information on Half-Goristro since wizards deleted the variant rule.
Edit: also Goristro is an outside and there for can not take rapidstrikes.

Ferronach
2014-09-05, 04:13 PM
IF you run it by your DM, you should be able to rule it as a Warforged is purpose built. Therefore, one built to be large and focused on natural attacks would theoretically be entirely doable with little to no LA. This Warforged should then theoretically be able to qualify for the feat based on its being purpose built. You can explain the feat by saying that it has trained extensively with it's natural attacks and fought a number of enemies who possessed rapidstrikes. By observing these enemies and then practicing extensively (Remember WF do not sleep or become fatigued so it could practice for hours on end while party members are asleep) it has been able to master the rapidstrikes feat.

Just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps :)